Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 164.
    #6201 11 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

tomorrow is only Thursday man. Hang in there!
    Last Friday they should FF Prem. So all we can learn is "Still making Prem, or done?" I would not be surprised if they are done by Friday. Go back and look at how many weeks they've been doing FF...

Less than One week for Foo Premiums so far?
    I think they finished the run of LEs before that?

#6202 11 months ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

Less than One week for Foo Premiums so far?
    I think they finished the run of LEs before that?

Just looking at Factory Fridays:
    April 7- FF LE
    April 14 - FF LE
    April 21 - FF LE
    April 28 - FF Prem
    MAy 5 - FF LE
    May 12 - FF Prem

LE's hit the line on or before April 7. And they've had FF LE or Prem on the line non stop it seems for 6 weeks. Now despite the April 21 FF video, we know they had swapped to Premiums by then due to parts shortage. I think they probably ran it for over a week before swapping back to LEs, and then when done with LEs back to Prems for another week or so.

The original plan was to do the 1000 LEs and the first Prem run (also 1000?) in 4 weeks (April). So, I postulate to you sir, they are wrapping it up if they haven't already.

#6203 11 months ago

Prediction Time: What will we see in the Factory Friday Video tomorrow.

My guess: FF Premium and Iron Maiden Premium

#6204 11 months ago
    Quoted from Drussksu:

JP Premium still is my guess.

#6205 11 months ago
    Quoted from Drussksu:

My guess is FF LE and Bond Premiums - still finishing up Foo LEs - I am still waiting on shipping notice on mine

#6206 11 months ago
    Quoted from Drussksu:

I'd guess JP Premium and FF Premium with maybe a Bond sprinkled in there. Next Friday I bet would be Iron Maidens

#6207 11 months ago
    Quoted from Drussksu:

Maiden was supposedly moved to June.

#6208 11 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Maiden was supposedly moved to June.

I didn't think they shuffled, just pushed everything 2 weeks. But...

5/5 Factory Friday - Foo LE / Bond Prem
    5/5 Build Date - JP Prem
    5/12 Factory Friday - Foo Prem / JP Prem (Foo LE done?)

They were only building Foo, Bond, and JP first. You would think that they'd finish Bond before going to JP (especially since Foo is on the line too).
    And tomorrow will be at least 14 days since we know they started JP (based on a build date photo). I doubt they're making that many JP Prem but maybe.
    So I also am hopeful for Maiden!

#6209 11 months ago

Dealer called me today to let me know the second half of his Foo Premium "first run" allotment is arriving early next week

#6210 11 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I didn't think they shuffled, just pushed everything 2 weeks. But...
    5/5 Factory Friday - Foo LE / Bond Prem
    5/5 Build Date - JP Prem
    5/12 Factory Friday - Foo Prem / JP Prem (Foo LE done?)
    They were only building Foo, Bond, and JP first. You would think that they'd finish Bond before going to JP (especially since Foo is on the line too).
    And tomorrow will be at least 14 days since we know they started JP (based on a build date photo). I doubt they're making that many JP Prem but maybe.
    So I also am hopeful for Maiden!

Parts availability probably is what's dictating the schizophrenic schedule changes with mid-build stoppages and switching to another build then back again a few days or a week later.

#6211 11 months ago

Hurry it up with my JP PREM, Stern!

#6212 11 months ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

And mine Stern!

#6213 11 months ago

I was invoiced for Foo Premium today...shipping today, FWIW.

#6214 11 months ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

Quoted from ticktockman:

And mine Stern!

I think I saw from Zach at FlipnOut that he already has some in stock if you use him as a distributor.

#6215 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some buyers, including myself, rather pay $500 more to have a game NIB and delivered to their home. 200+ plays and having to drive to then pack up a game for transport isn’t worth the $500 savings IMO.

Only if it's local... the games I see are more like $1500 off new but no IC. Different strokes I guess. 200 plays is nothing.

#6216 11 months ago

I think they are done with bond, and Jp premium. Your foo fighters le is getting packed in a box and headed for your house.

#6217 11 months ago

I doubt Maiden is on the line this week. I wish it was as I'm waiting over here patiently

Probably going to be more FF or JP

#6218 11 months ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

And Mine Stern!

#6219 11 months ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

Quoted from AMartin56:

And mine Stern!

You guys are in for a freakin treat. This game is incredible.

I'm waiting on my Iron Maiden to finish off the Elwin row.

#6220 11 months ago
    Quoted from Heatmiser:

I doubt Maiden is on the line this week. I wish it was as I'm waiting over here patiently
    Probably going to be more FF or JP

Quoted from Walk:

Oh man, would LOVE to have a IMDN Prem. Just don't have room!

#6221 11 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I was invoiced for Foo Premium today...shipping today, FWIW.

Lucky. I was invoiced for my Foo Premium almost 3 weeks ago and still no word.

#6222 11 months ago
    Quoted from Walk:

#metoo....

#6223 11 months ago

My buddy was asked to pay in full over a month ago for his foo premium and still no word from cointaker when it's shipping. Hope he hears something soon. Not a fan of taking payment if the games not at their place ready to ship.

#6224 11 months ago
    Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My buddy was asked to pay in full over a month ago for his foo premium and still no word from cointaker when it's shipping. Hope he hears something soon. Not a fan of taking payment if the games not at their place ready to ship.

Feels like we've been hearing about them a lot recently, and not in the glowing sense

#6225 11 months ago

My belief is cointaker waits until a huge trailer is full of games in Chicago before they send them to themselves and then onto customers.

#6226 11 months ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

My belief is cointaker waits until a huge trailer is full of games in Chicago before they send them to themselves and then onto customers.

Ive said it before, but although im not cointaker, i know this is not true. when the games are ready, the distributors have to get them out of the stern factory, we dont get to wait till a certain amount of games are ready to make it cheaper for us to ship them to us, i wish this was the case. But i do know that cointaker uses a logistics warehouse along with us near the factory, so often, when a small load of games is ready, we just have a ltl carrier shuttle them to our facility

#6227 11 months ago

FF Prem should be rolling out any time now. Us dealers were told three weeks ago that they would be coming. Every time we ask it seems like it’s pushed another couple of days. Because we dealers spend countless hours just responding to customers about timelines or lack of knowledge about timelines, we try to spare Stern the same inefficiencies answering us because it slows down the process. Many of us dealers asked for payment weeks back because that was the info we had at the time. Stern wants to sell games, which is why they are the best at building them like they do. Dealers want to sell games, so we work as fast as we can to get them to us enthusiasts.

Looks like some Bond Premiums are rolling out too right now, we received a notice for some of ours. Hope everyone has one hell of a great weekend! Play a Stern this weekend, right now I’m all into some Bond 60th and trying to get through all of the modes.

#6228 11 months ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

When I bought my GZ Pro from Cointaker, they shipped it to themselves, then out to me. I probably still have the email somewhere.

I'm not sure if they "wait for a huge trailer full". I just know that they ship games to themselves first, then out to customers.

#6229 11 months ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

When I bought my GZ Pro from Cointaker, they shipped it to themselves, then out to me. I probably still have the email somewhere.
    I'm not sure if they "wait for a huge trailer full". I just know that they ship games to themselves first, then out to customers.

Seems like charging when the game when is ready to ship to the customer would be the right thing to do if they are shipping it to themselves first especially with all of this uncertainty. I can't imagine Stern is requesting payment from distributers before they ship from their factory.

#6230 11 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

FF Prem should be rolling out any time now. Us dealers were told three weeks ago that they would be coming. Every time we ask it seems like it’s pushed another couple of days. Because we dealers spend countless hours just responding to customers about timelines or lack of knowledge about timelines, we try to spare Stern the same inefficiencies answering us because it slows down the process. Many of us dealers asked for payment weeks back because that was the info we had at the time. Stern wants to sell games, which is why they are the best at building them like they do. Dealers want to sell games, so we work as fast as we can to get them to us enthusiasts.
    Looks like some Bond Premiums are rolling out too right now, we received a notice for some of ours. Hope everyone has one hell of a great weekend! Play a Stern this weekend, right now I’m all into some Bond 60th and trying to get through all of the modes.

Just tell the fam to leave you alone all weekend and you will do it. Have fun at that!

#6231 11 months ago

I never understood why distributors ship to themselves first instead of just shipping straight to the destination. Wouldn't they save a fair amount of money and time doing that? Not to mention reducing the probability of shipping damage. Does Stern not offer that as an option? If not, seems like they should.

#6232 11 months ago
    Quoted from mjannusch:

I never understood why distributors ship to themselves first instead of just shipping straight to the destination. Wouldn't they save a fair amount of money and time doing that? Not to mention reducing the probability of shipping damage. Does Stern not offer that as an option? If not, seems like they should.

Some suppliers charge a fee to 'drop ship' merchandise to end users. (Not sure if Stern does). It has to do with the extra paperwork/process to track items to indirect buyers, carrying the risk of transit claims and inquiries, etc etc. The disti also has no visibility into what actually gets delivered or who's fault any issue is.

In addition, some pinball disti's offer their customers the 'white glove' treatment and either inspect the units themselves, or open and test the unit before the customer gets it. I know a few disti's also take this opportunity to add 'extra' things like HD glass, shakers and side blades. Again, the machine is shipped twice.

#6233 11 months ago
    Quoted from mjannusch:I never understood why distributors ship to themselves first instead of just shipping straight to the destination. Wouldn't they save a fair amount of money and time doing that? Not to mention reducing the probability of shipping damage. Does Stern not offer that as an option? If not, seems like they should.

Stern will only drop ship a game if the dealer has collected sales tax for the destination state.

Most of us are trying to avoid sales tax by ordering from another state. So more money ends up going to logistics companies that would have otherwise gone to the dealer/manufacturer.

#6234 11 months ago

I didn't do any clothing analysis, But today's FF is FF. Just FF. I assume if they still had anything else on the line they'd show that instead of FF for the 8th straight FF!

Maiden next week?! When's the big move happening?

#6235 11 months ago

Bring on Maiden!!!

#6236 11 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Most of us are trying to avoid sales tax by ordering from another state. So more money ends up going to logistics companies that would have otherwise gone to the dealer/manufacturer.

I thought this wasn’t a thing anymore. If you order from another state, you pay the taxes of the state you’re receiving in?

#6237 11 months ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

I thought this wasn’t a thing anymore. If you order from another state, you pay the taxes of the state you’re receiving in?

You have always had to declare it on your taxes but in most states if you purchase out of state it is still not taxed at time of sale if it is shipped.

#6238 11 months ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

Large companies that ship to all states are forced to collect sales tax. Mom and pops, like all pinball dealers, do not have that burden.
    When you file your state income tax, they want you to report "consumer use tax" on any items that you did not pay sales tax on. There's a checkbox you click to say you attest to reporting everything.

I personally think "consumer use tax" is a bit silly, and I would very very surprised if most people here are volunteering hundreds of dollars per new pin they buy to their state revenue service.

#6239 11 months ago

Not sure if JP is completed for the May run but those went out. FF premium is on the line.

May 2023 - JP Premium
    May 2023 - Foo Fighters Premium
    May 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - Iron Maiden Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - FF Pro & Premium
    Aug 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Aug 2023 - JP Pro
    Sep 2023 - Cornerstone - Venom?
    Oct 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Star Wars Pro & Premium

#6240 11 months ago

Any idea how much longer Stern will make AIQ? How about Deadpool? I've heard they will make Zillas for seven more years, assuming demand keeps up.

#6241 11 months ago

Just heard from my distributor that he is expecting more JP premium units to be shipped to him for his allocation this coming week.

#6242 11 months ago

This is the Summer of Elwin. You want an Elwin pin? Stern will build it for you.

#6243 11 months ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This is the Summer of Elwin. You want an Elwin pin? Stern will build it for you.

It’s like “hot girl summer” but for pinball. I really hope the Iron Maiden I have been on a list waiting for becomes a reality. “Summer of Elwin!”

#6244 11 months ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Even if you don't want one, Stern's gonna build one for you, and you're gonna take it.

when I thought i was out they pull me back in.gifwhen I thought i was out they pull me back in.gif
    #6245 11 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Even if you don't want one, Stern's gonna build one for you, and you're gonna take it.
    [quoted image]

Funny!

#6246 11 months ago

Got my deposit down on Godzilla premium, come on June!

#6247 11 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Feels like it . Got my Godzilla and waiting for the Iron Maiden and now I keep thinking about JP and AIQ.. ugh.

#6248 11 months ago

It maybe the summer of Elwin….and I’m waiting on my GZ but I might be more excited for my DP!!!!

#6249 11 months ago
    Quoted from Moli410:

Got my deposit down on Godzilla premium, come on June!

My Zilla Premium was ordered June 2022. I'm hoping June is good to me too in 2023!

#6250 11 months ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

but I might be more excited for my DP!!!!

Ditto!!! C'mon August!

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/125 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.