Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 164.
    #501 2 years ago

Time for an update based on what's been said. With Rush being curbed, will be interested to see what comes up from the backlog.

Jan 2022 - Rush Pro
    Jan 2022 - Mando Premium
    Jan 2022 - Deadpool Premium
    ??? 2022 - Rush Pro & LE
    ??? 2022 - Rush Premium
    Feb 2022 - Mando Pro
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro
    Dec 2022 - Elvira

#502 2 years ago

Latest info is rush pro next week, fingers crossed.

#503 2 years ago

Post the production schedule that Stern publishes to its distributors.

#504 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Latest info is rush pro next week, fingers crossed.

I was told Rush Pro next two weeks then right into Rush LEs.

#505 2 years ago

Happy folks are getting their DP premiums but wish Stern would have honored December pricing.

#506 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Happy folks are getting their DP premiums but wish Stern would have honored December pricing.

I'm pretty sure that anyone that just got a DP Premium from this latest run could immediately flip it for more money on the secondary market.

#507 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I'm pretty sure that anyone that just got a DP Premium from this latest run could immediately flip it for more money on the secondary market.

A distributor already has one on market place to flip.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/128927

#508 2 years ago

Rush Premium, more or less unknown dates?

#509 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Time for an update based on what's been said. With Rush being curbed, will be interested to see what comes up from the backlog.
    Jan 2022 - Rush Pro
    Jan 2022 - Mando Premium
    ??? 2022 - Rush Pro & LE
    ??? 2022 - Rush Premium
    Feb 2022 - Mando Pro
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro
    Dec 2022 - Elvira

Has anyone heard when the next release will happen! I’m assuming end of Q1 or beginning of Q2? Just thinking, once the new title has wedged itself into this plan it’s gonna push everything following it by a month.

#510 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Has anyone heard when the next release will happen! I’m assuming end of Q1 or beginning of Q2? Just thinking, once the new title has wedged itself into this plan it’s gonna push everything following it by a month.

I don't think it will be that early, I'm guessing may/jun

#511 2 years ago

Confirmed that they must have pushed a whole bunch of Deadpool Premiums down the line this past week. I didn’t get on the list for the originally scheduled 12/21 run until late Sep/early Oct and got the call after Christmas that it was pushed to July/Aug. But it shipped out yesterday and is on the way now. Rush buyers’ misfortune is DP buyers’ fortune, I guess. Given the constant supply line delays these days, I bet those delayed builds get random weeks to catch up like this moving forward. Don’t lose faith.

#512 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Confirmed that they must have pushed a whole bunch of Deadpool Premiums down the line this past week. I didn’t get on the list for the originally scheduled 12/21 run until late Sep/early Oct and got the call after Christmas that it was pushed to July/Aug. But it shipped out yesterday and is on the way now. Rush buyers’ misfortune is DP buyers’ fortune, I guess. Given the constant supply line delays these days, I bet those delayed builds get random weeks to catch up like this moving forward. Don’t lose faith.

Man, I had put my name down for it on 9/23. Dealer hasnt responded to that and another pin inquiry I had for the past week (emailed and called w/ voicemail left).

#513 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:

Man, I had put my name down for it on 9/23. Dealer hasnt responded to that and another pin inquiry I had for the past week (emailed and called w/ voicemail left).

gambit3113 uses the same Distributer as me. Just like I put down a deposit for JP in July 2021 and surprisingly got it in August when told October. Go with JJ from Colorado Game Exchange.

#514 2 years ago

I'm surprised they didn't make any DP pros with the premiums, there's not that much difference between them. Guess they went with what makes more money

#515 2 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

gambit3113 uses the same Distributer as me. Just like I put down a deposit for JP in July 2021 and surprisingly got it in August when told October. Go with JJ from Colorado Game Exchange.

Yeah, for future Pro/Prem orders will look into out of state for one that has lax tax laws for selling from outside of their own state...while its still a thing.

I want to support local businesses, but theres been a couple of things that's left me a little skeptical.

#516 2 years ago

The tax thing surely is a perk, but I’d walk into fire for JJ. That dude has never given me anything but reason to use GEX exclusively.

#517 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

The tax thing surely is a perk, but I’d walk into fire for JJ. That dude has never given me anything but reason to use GEX exclusively.

I second that! Got me a Rush LE with a custom number, while several other distribs called me to tell me they had one but for $13k.

#518 2 years ago
    Quoted from bouche03:

I second that! Got me a Rush LE with a custom number, while several other distribs called me to tell me they had one but for $13k.

JJ plays the long game and I support that.
    Regardless of wait time, a straight shooter.

#519 2 years ago

JJ is definitely the gold standard when it comes to distributors and he is also a heck of a nice guy! It’s a bit tough for me to say that here because those looking for an excellent Distributor will flock to him for games and my chances of getting an LE on future releases probably just got even smaller!

#520 2 years ago

Yeah, everybody pipe down! Me too!

#521 2 years ago

I played 2 Rush pro pinballs on location recently that are 1 week old. That left scoop without the cliffy already has pretty good damage. Shooter lane already showing damaged wood as well.

#522 2 years ago
    7D855D49-8850-4FB9-BF69-B7327FB4C5C1 (resized).png7D855D49-8850-4FB9-BF69-B7327FB4C5C1 (resized).png
    #523 2 years ago
    Quoted from fishmanrob:

I played 2 Rush pro pinballs on location recently that are 1 week old. That left scoop without the cliffy already has pretty good damage. Shooter lane already showing damaged wood as well.

Wow. That was quick.

#524 2 years ago
    Quoted from fishmanrob:

Still makes zero sense to me why stern hasn’t learned to put scoop protectors on yet… seems like common sense at this point.

Think of all the playfields they’ll have to replace? That has to out-weight the cost of a $.50 scoop protector right?

#525 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Still makes zero sense to me why stern hasn’t learned to put scoop protectors on yet… seems like common sense at this point.
    Think of all the playfields they’ll have to replace? That has to out-weight the cost of a $.50 scoop protector right?

Pros went out with protectors and operators reported problems with them.
    Known issue that is being resolved but may cause delays.

#526 2 years ago
    Quoted from fishmanrob:

Shooter lane damage is common on all Sterns due to the insanely high power the factory has the eject set at. I learned my lesson on my JP and turned it down to a power that barely gets the ball out…then added clear automotive vinyl wrap to the shooter lane to protect it for the future. Sad to see the scoop issues though. If Stern is aware of the issue per a previous post, hopefully they are proactively (and retroactively) correcting the issue

#527 2 years ago

The machines out on location at the test sites will be machines they hammered on at Stern before sending out.

#528 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Based of of previous releases around May 17.

#529 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

The machines out on location at the test sites will be machines they hammered on at Stern before sending out.

These were perfect out of the box. No visible wear.

#530 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Pros went out with protectors and operators reported problems with them.
    Known issue that is being resolved but may cause delays.

Played a rush pro on location this past week, meant to take a pic of the scoop cliffys that were already hammered. Looked uneven, like minor ripples on both of them. I can’t say that I could discern a meaningful impact on play, but definitely a problem.

#531 2 years ago
    Quoted from Broohaha:

Played a rush pro on location this past week, meant to take a pic of the scoop cliffys that were already hammered. Looked uneven, like minor ripples on both of them. I can’t say that I could discern a meaningful impact on play, but definitely a problem.

Sounds like Cliffy will be busy.

#532 2 years ago
    Quoted from Broohaha:

They're not cliffies. Stern ripped him off. Shamelessly.

But Cliff will be plenty busy making up for Stern's bad knockoff protector.

#533 2 years ago
    Quoted from Broohaha:

I helped a local rush pro owner remove his from the front facing scoop. It was so badly bent after one day of games that balls would stick in it and not fall down thru the opening. The are really thin and flimsy like they are cut out of a beer can. Not comparable to cliffys at all.

#534 2 years ago
    Quoted from DarlingLuci:

I helped a local rush pro owner remove his from the front facing scoop. It was so badly bent after one day of games that balls would stick in it and not fall down thru the opening. The are really thin and flimsy like they are cut out of a beer can. Not comparable to cliffys at all.

I'd at least mylar it until you can get a cliffy on there. Chipping would be bad.

#535 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

They're not cliffies. Stern ripped him off. Shamelessly.
    But Cliff will be plenty busy making up for Stern's bad knockoff protector.

That is a great clarification. It’s like using cheap tissues and calling them Kleenex… I didn’t mean to tarnish Cliff’s rep at all.

#536 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

I love how they say Wonka LE is 1 of 200 “just made” and the playfields are cured! Thank goodness!
    [quoted image]

JJP has claimed on everyone of the last 4 titles and counting, the PFs were cured. Hmmm, lots of proof says otherwise.

#537 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Jan 2022 - Rush Pro
    Jan 2022 - Mando Premium
    ??? 2022 - Rush Pro & LE
    ??? 2022 - Rush Premium
    Feb 2022 - Mando Pro
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro
    Dec 2022 - Elvira

Elvira again?
    I think the Lizenz is running out to end 2021…?

#538 2 years ago

Anyone have sense for how many games Stern is pushing through the door each week? I'm assuming the seemingly constant drift in schedule means that they're not able to maintain full capacity.

#539 2 years ago

I'm betting Stern isn't having their scoop protectors cut out of hardened stainless. There are a lot of different options on those thin gauges, but only one works well for pinball stuff.

#540 2 years ago

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the reveal game had no protectors

#541 2 years ago

Any news on GZ making back on the line?

#542 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I'm betting Stern isn't having their scoop protectors cut out of hardened stainless. There are a lot of different options on those thin gauges, but only one works well for pinball stuff.

Penny pinchers cost reducing past the point of failure. Did it with the cabinets, too and had to back off. Rip off Cliff to avoid paying for his innovation, then cheapen the spec by not using the right steel. It looks the same, so who'll know they went cheaper steel...right? Right?

#543 2 years ago
    Quoted from Superpops1:

Any news on GZ making back on the line?

I wish, but next slot is Mar/Apr unless it squeezes in sooner

#544 2 years ago

According to Stern Instagram Rush Pro is in full production.

#546 2 years ago

I can confirm that this January Mando Premium build, plus the few they built the last week of December, did not equal the total of what was supposed to come out of the original December run. Even though I was supposedly next in line for the (still planned?) February run, I cancelled with the distributor that had ordered from in May and was able to find a replacement from a different distributor that I should have by early next week.

#547 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It's cuz they pay extra to Stern to get them first

not true

#548 2 years ago

My June order for DP Premium was shipped today from JJ. Super psyched, was last told to expect June/Aug timeframe so this was a great surprise!

#549 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Just played Rush in SoCal. The scoop protector was pounded and was starting to bend like a taco. Both sides were bending up. The scoop was also sending the ball between the flipper for a drain. The operator was there and adjusted the power eject to scoop this helped it to 1 in 12 drain. The operator was going to try a Cliffy that he has at home to see if that would work better.

#550 2 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

My June order for DP Premium was shipped today from JJ. Super psyched, was last told to expect June/Aug timeframe so this was a great surprise!

Me too! And R&L already hit me up to bring it Wednesday. Living on the direct shipping route from Denver is awesome.

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/11?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.