Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,168 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 164.
    #5751 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

The dealer/company name to avoid is Operation Pinball.

Just as a counter I have had an awesome experience with Operation Pinball and Vanessa. They helped me quite a bit on a self induced problem I had on one and I just bought another with them

#5752 1 year ago

Updated schedule. FF LE on the line.

Mar 2023 - Foo Fighters LE
    Apr 2023 - Foo Fighters Premium
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    May 2023 - JP Premium
    May 2023 - Iron Maiden Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - FF Pro (home buyers)
    Aug 2023 - FF Premium
    Aug 2023 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Sep 2023 - Cornerstone - Rumored to be Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Nov 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

#5753 1 year ago

Quoted from JackG:

May 2023 - JP Premium
    Aug 2023 - FF Premium
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

Taking FF prem off for bond feels so bad! I wonder how they determine run sizes. They ordered X pieces 6 months ago and so they can only make X? What is X?

Given that they tend to do roughly two runs a month, is X 1000? Maybe sometimes 500? I assume they don't want to leave too many parts laying around when they've got so many in production titles.

#5754 1 year ago

As strange as it might sound, tomorrow’s Factory Friday will be very important for customers still waiting for their EHOH’s from this last run. Rumors are the title was back on the line THIS WEEK. I guess I would wager that Foo will be seen in tomorrow’s Factory Friday, but I would much prefer to see EHOH on there - for the sakes of all those EHOH buyers still waiting/hoping.

#5755 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

As strange as it might sound, tomorrow’s Factory Friday will be very important for customers still waiting for their EHOH’s from this last run. Rumors are the title was back on the line THIS WEEK. I guess I would wager that Foo will be seen in tomorrow’s Factory Friday, but I would much prefer to see EHOH on there - for the sakes of all those EHOH buyers still waiting/hoping.

Keep in mind it's a marketing tool for social media not meant to be an accurate account or exactly what stern is doing each Friday morning. They showed Elvira earlier right? And they probably won't make it again, and have already sold all the ones they're going to make, so not much use in advertising it yea?

#5756 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Keep in mind it's a marketing tool for social media not meant to be an accurate account or exactly what stern is doing each Friday morning. They showed Elvira earlier right? And they probably won't make it again, and have already sold all the ones they're going to make, so not much use in advertising it yea?

I’m sorry to hear that. I was hoping it was legit.

#5757 1 year ago

I think the Factory Friday video is legit. Worst case it's a week behind. If they show Foo Fighters LE games tomorrow it might be from earlier in the week. Not too long ago, Stern used to Facebook LIVE the factory quite often. That would be an EXACT account.

#5758 1 year ago

What is Factory Friday ?
    Something I can watch, where?

Thanks.

#5759 1 year ago
    Quoted from Impzilla:

What is Factory Friday ?
    Something I can watch, where?
    Thanks.

It’s a short clip of pins on the line Stern puts on their FB and Instagram pages. EHOH was 2 Fridays ago. FF pro was last Friday.

#5760 1 year ago

Quoted from kermit24:

I think the Factory Friday video is legit. Worst case it's a week behind. If they show Foo Fighters LE games tomorrow it might be from earlier in the week. Not too long ago, Stern used to Facebook LIVE the factory quite often. That would be an EXACT account.

What does "legit" mean?
    I think production at Stern isn't as black and white as we make it out to be sometimes. It's not like "Ok the only pinball machines in our facility for the next 26 days will be Foo Fighter LE". They're gonna have times where they have multiple games around. So the social media person probably has options on what to highlight. Also, Maybe they took it on friday. Maybe any other day of the week. Maybe it's a picture from the previous week. Maybe that person is home with a cold so they just picked a random photo on their phone.

I would say it gives god information, but isn't gospel. Just because you don't see EHOH doesn't mean they didn't make them that week, or even that day. And vice versa.

#5761 1 year ago

It definetly was on the line. My shipping label printed today.

#5762 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

What does "legit" mean?

It means that these videos are relatively fresh, not old. They are not throwing up an EHOH video from many weeks ago just to manipulate the socials. Stern has two lines currently, expanding to three+ in the new location. That means they are always making multiple game models at once. These shorts typically show one game, so of course it's not a complete account. Also they are not going to show games that are secret, like the Foo Pro models that were made in February for TPF and SXSW, etc.

If you ever make it to Chicago Pinball Expo, you should do the Stern factory tour.

#5763 1 year ago

Also, nothing is saying they run the line with the same title Monday-Friday. The line could have very well changed over the day before the video was shot.

#5764 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Also, nothing is saying they run the line with the same title Monday-Friday. The line could have very well changed over the day before the video was shot.

Yeah, but I do think LEs are one large run now.

#5765 1 year ago

hurry up May!!

#5766 1 year ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

]
    If you ever make it to Chicago Pinball Expo, you should do the Stern factory tour.

Unless they do something special for the Expo, they aren't doing tours anymore. My wife and I tried to contact them a little bit ago for one and they said they're not doing them at this time. Maybe that'll change sometime in the future?

#5767 1 year ago

but I would much prefer to see EHOH on there - for the sakes of all those EHOH buyers still waiting/hoping.

You got your wish: https://twitter.com/sternpinball/status/1641851089740759051?s=20

#5768 1 year ago

Still hope for people like me still waiting for the one we've been promised this run, at least.

#5770 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

All pro FFs in this vid.

Yeah. Doubt pros are really still on the line.. this is what I'm talking about. Take factory Friday with a grain of salt.

#5771 1 year ago

Friend of mine ordered a pro this morning and it has already shipped.

#5772 1 year ago

Thanks.
    This is the first half of my wish.
    The second is the email from the dealer alerting me that my pin is ready to ship.
    Haven’t seen that yet.

#5773 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

May 2023 - JP Premium
    Aug 2023 - FF Premium
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

Where did you get this updated info from? This is super exciting since I thought I’d have to wait until December for Deadpool!

#5774 1 year ago
    Quoted from DParty:

Where did you get this updated info from? This is super exciting since I thought I’d have to wait until December for Deadpool!

Deadpool's been moved up officially for about a month. It's happening!

#5775 1 year ago

Just played EHOH at MGC! Is Elvira scheduled for another run or was February it? I’d love to get one!

#5776 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Just played EHOH at MGC! Is Elvira scheduled for another run or was February it? I’d love to get one!

Rumored to be at least one more run next year, but this one filled demand pretty well, so who knows? If you call around you can probably find one in stock now.

#5777 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Call Dave down in Jupiter, FL. He has a NIB.

#5778 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Rumored to be at least one more run next year, but this one filled demand pretty well, so who knows? If you call around you can probably find one in stock now.

Quoted from gandamack:

Call Dave down in Jupiter, FL. He has a NIB.

Will do thanks guys! Just quick question, I’m seeing a lot of posts that EHOH is a bear to dial in. Are these issues a relatively easy fix? Or should I run away?!

#5779 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Will do thanks guys! Just quick question, I’m seeing a lot of posts that EHOH is a bear to dial in. Are these issues a relatively easy fix? Or should I run away?!

In my experience it was just a bunch of niggly stuff. I enjoyed having it, so worth the dialing in. Give it a shot.

#5780 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

I recommend reading the EHOH owners’ thread and judging for yourself if you are comfortable buying a game that is known to require considerable finessing out of the box.

#5781 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

Vanessa Yannish out of Iowa.
    Lied to me about shipping (told me there was NO OPTION for curbside)
    The game had clearcoat issues, she could not obtain a replacement.
    I offered to pay for a playfield out of pocket, waited six months, (poor communication/ would not return calls)
    She refused to send a picture of the replacement playfield before I would send her the money.
    Still unresolved
    Lesson learned...
    Super disappointed in Stern as well, canceled two orders because of the situation.

Sorry about your issues but I appreciate you adding the details and distributor otherwise everyone’s guessing and swinging their pitchforks blindly

#5782 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

None of the fixes are difficult but some are time consuming. My Elvira the first plunge it went behind the house, got stuck with a misaligned plastic and had to completely take the house apart to get it. I have had to take the house apart for garage issues a couple times and for this pin magnetic nut drivers are a must have to put it back together. The crypt is a bit tricky to dial in and for me the ball guides needed adjusted to go other than straight down the middle. Not run away problems just nagging issues that need addressed for the pin for work properly. Great game but is a super long player to get through the game. I think several dealers have it you can find one right now.

#5783 1 year ago

My EHOH was almost perfect out of box. It gives a node board #10 trough error message after booting. Is this a false report, because I think #10 must be working? Should I call it in?

#5784 1 year ago

Fingers crossed that Foo LE is on the line today

#5785 1 year ago

We got a fuckload of Pinsiders in the Chicago area. Someone go bum-rush Stern's facility and get us some footage of FF LEs on the line. Sooner those things are done, sooner the Prems are on the line!!!

#5786 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

We got a fuckload of Pinsiders in the Chicago area. Someone go bum-rush Stern's facility and get us some footage of FF LEs on the line. Sooner those things are done, sooner the Prems are on the line!!!

Do it. Do it Now. Emperor Palpatine

#5787 1 year ago

If stern was still doing factory tours I would already be on my way.

#5788 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It gives a node board #10 trough error message after booting

Hmmm. Hopefully this does not turn into a situation similar to Rush.

Curious... can you possibly take a close-up photo of the board please?

#5789 1 year ago

Lucky all of us Rush owners have backup node 10 boards

Quoted from gandamack:

Hmmm. Hopefully this does not turn into a situation similar to Rush.
    Curious... can you possibly take a close-up photo of the board please?

#5790 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

If stern was still doing factory tours I would already be on my way.

Do you know when they stopped? We tried to go a week and a half ago, only to be told that they weren't doing it now.

#5791 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

Do you know when they stopped? We tried to go a week and a half ago, only to be told that they weren't doing it now.

When covid picked up. Expo 2021 was supposed to be on site, and then they changed it to virtual.

#5792 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

When covid picked up. Expo 2021 was supposed to be on site, and then they changed it to virtual.

I kinda figured. It seemed like one of those nice-to-do things that probably go dropped when covid hit that never started up again.

#5793 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

I kinda figured. It seemed like one of those nice-to-do things that probably go dropped when covid hit that never started up again.

I hope they do offer tours again. I’m a mechanical designer and seeing how stuff is made is really interesting to me. If I could tour the various factories in Chicago (and maybe a trip to Benton) that would be a pretty cool experience.

#5794 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My EHOH was almost perfect out of box. It gives a node board #10 trough error message after booting. Is this a false report, because I think #10 must be working? Should I call it in?

You don't get any more error information if you go into the system menu and do a test?

#5795 1 year ago

I got invoiced for a Foo Premium today, so they must be on the line now

#5796 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I got invoiced for a Foo Premium today, so they must be on the line now

Nobody has gotten a hint of receiving one of the 1000 LEs, so more likely your dist has jumped the gun?

#5797 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Nobody has gotten a hint of receiving one of the 1000 LEs, so more likely your dist has jumped the gun?

Never has before, always invoices me the day before it ships

#5798 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Never has before, always invoices me the day before it ships

I’ve got an LE on order, no word it’s shipping. I’m hoping for next week but I’d guess premiums are still a few weeks out.

#5799 1 year ago

I'd be shocked if any Premium not from a show, lands at anyone's home in the next couple of weeks.

#5800 1 year ago

Guess we'll see. Perhaps they are waiting on some LE specific parts and ran Premiums to fill the line? Who knows, I just know the past 4 years always invoice day before it ships like clock work

There are 8,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.