Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 164.
    #5701 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

My (former) distributor made me buy an "overstocked" JP pro in order to get the Zilla Premium they had listed in stock, (would only "bundle" them together) then gave me the shaft when the playfield was shit, and also lied about shipping options/cost.
    Worst customer service I've ever received.
    No wonder they had games in stock...

If they're your "former" distributor, then it should be easy to give us their name. I don't want to buy from them....

#5702 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

My (former) distributor made me buy an "overstocked" JP pro in order to get the Zilla Premium they had listed in stock, (would only "bundle" them together) then gave me the shaft when the playfield was shit, and also lied about shipping options/cost.
    Worst customer service I've ever received.
    No wonder they had games in stock...

What was wrong with the playfield?

#5703 1 year ago

Wasn't there one in FL that was doing the bundles as the only way to get a GZ Prem during the height of unavailability? I remember seeing those adds all the time....take this bad Pro you don't want (Not necessarily saying JP Pro is bad), to get your GZ Prem!

#5704 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Wasn't there one in FL that was doing the bundles as the only way to get a GZ Prem during the height of unavailability? I remember seeing those adds all the time....take this bad Pro you don't want (Not necessarily saying JP Pro is bad), to get your GZ Prem!

I got a GZ premium from that guy in June without having to buy anything extra. Saw on pinside he had one, called him up. MSRP+ship to terminal.

I don't really blame dist for trying to bundle first. Stern shoves less desirable games on them. The Gz/dp/imdn/jp's they get they have to make the most of.

Plenty of dealers trying to sell pins for $1000s over MSRP.

It's up to you to find the best deal for yourself. Dealers aren't charities.

#5705 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

That dealer has been great to work with, I highly doubt it’s the same guy unless there is more to the story.

#5706 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

It's up to you to find the best deal for yourself.

Well we agree on one thing.

But those package deals were laughable at the time. Interestingly enough I’m sure more people are wishing they took the Rush Prem/GZ Prem deal before the price hike

#5707 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Well we agree on one thing.
    But those package deals were laughable at the time. Interestingly enough I’m sure more people are wishing they took the Rush Prem/GZ Prem deal before the price hike

I never thought so. At the time many dealers were marking up their GZ allocations over msrp. Trying to use them to move pros or market saturated premiums seemed like a good way to get a GZ faster if you had any interest in the bundled game (I defiantly thought about picking up a Star Wars or LZ as part of a bundle)

#5708 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I got a GZ premium from that guy in June without having to buy anything extra. Saw on pinside he had one, called him up. MSRP+ship to terminal.
    I don't really blame dist for trying to bundle first. Stern shoves less desirable games on them. The Gz/dp/imdn/jp's they get they have to make the most of.

Stern doesn't shove anything on dealers. The dealer received a JP because they ordered it. Normalizing this behavior as "trying to put food on the table" is not acceptable.

#5709 1 year ago

First set of foo le’s are on the line. 200

#5710 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:(Side note - playing Rush is such a breath of fresh air compared to so many of the other licenses, since Rush was done with full source media and participation from the stars, rather than cheaping out for cartoon/comic or in-house graphical assets, or canned movie quotes or soundalike audio.)

Additional Side note. I agree that Rush is really well done especially when you play it after Bond. But think that would get boring if they did that on every Music pin.

I didn't like the cartoon production of Aero and IMDN when they first came out but they are growing on me especially IMDN. Not sure what a fun shooter really is but I like to play IMDN and dont like Bond yet. Hope they pull a full BM66 or SM (2 terrible pins on release) on Bond.

#5711 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Stern doesn't shove anything on dealers. The dealer received a JP because they ordered it. Normalizing this behavior as "trying to put food on the table" is not acceptable.

Normalizing what behavior? The OP was pretty vague other than his feelings. He felt like the dealer made him buy two games. He said the playfield was “shit”, he “got the shaft” on the playfield issue, and he was lied to about shipping charges… just judging by human nature (and I’m pretty cynical) I could probably guess the story from those details which would also be why more dealers don’t bundle games .

#5712 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

That's just not true man.

I can't call stern and say
    "Hey, I want 50 GZ, 20DP, 20 IMDN, 20 JP. and I will take 0 TMNT, Bond, Mando, SW".
    It doesn't work like that. Your obligated to take those less desirable pins. if you want to be a dealer.
    That's exactly why some of those games are still sitting in warehouses months after their last run, and why these dealers are trying to package them with better selling titles. It's hard for smaller dealers to have capital tied up in the 14th SW run. or trying to sell TMNT for 7k when you can get one barely used 6k all day.

#5713 1 year ago

They can order larger amounts of pins, but yea Stern supposedly requires the distros to order a min of each run units, so those distros sitting on unsold pros of a previous run, suddenly are gonna get a couple more units of the current cornerstone.

#5714 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

How long does it take them to produce 1000 machines? Any idea when the premiums will be up?

#5715 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Any idea when the premiums will be up?

Late April. Give it a month from today and I'd be willing to bet we'll see unboxing pictures.

#5716 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

How long does it take them to produce 1000 machines? Any idea when the premiums will be up?

Two weeks if they’re firing on all cylinders

#5717 1 year ago

Saw on Flip N Out that IM is for Preorder 2024. Did the schedule change for it?

IM 2024 (resized).pngIM 2024 (resized).png
    #5718 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

One of those is mine! Haven't been this excited for a new title in a while!!

#5719 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

Here’s hoping! Need the premiums on the line!

#5720 1 year ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Saw on Flip N Out that IM is for Preorder 2024. Did the schedule change for it?[quoted image]

Interesting…maybe Foo demand is off the charts and they are reworking the schedule to make more Foo.

#5721 1 year ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Saw on Flip N Out that IM is for Preorder 2024. Did the schedule change for it?[quoted image]

why wait when you can snag one of 14 IM (Pro, Prem, and Le) on Pinside's Marketplace right now?

#5722 1 year ago

Might as well buy NIB when used + shipping is almost the same cost.

#5723 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

Very cool. I heard 250 was a good week for them. Higher is definitely better.

I'd by interested in knowing how many GZ Premiums they built this last Feb but I haven't seen any guesses.

#5724 1 year ago
    Quoted from byurick:

This is by far the strangest thing I've seen since getting back into the hobby (prior to a recent GZ my last purchase was back in 2012 or so and all of my machines were used).

I want a JP Premium to go with my GZ. Put down a deposit for one from the upcoming May build. When I go on Pinside all the used ones are more than I'm paying. Very odd situation.

#5725 1 year ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Maybe that's another run? As far as I know, May 2023 Maiden is still on. I have one coming in again.

#5726 1 year ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

This is by far the strangest thing I've seen since getting back into the hobby (prior to a recent GZ my last purchase was back in 2012 or so and all of my machines were used).
    I want a JP Premium to go with my GZ. Put down a deposit for one from the upcoming May build. When I go on Pinside all the used ones are more than I'm paying. Very odd situation.

Car situation was like that in the pandemic, and some models are STILL that way. We get emails from the dealer we got our odyssey from a year ago that they'll buy it back for 110% of what we paid all the time.

It'll be like that in many sectors until supply catches up with demand. But yeah, it is weird.

#5727 1 year ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Talked to Zach about this a bit to try and get on the list and May run is happening but his waitlist is full

#5728 1 year ago
    Quoted from byurick:

Truth. Wasn't like that before but now it just makes more sense. Got my GZ Prem. And FFLE and IMDN are on the way. Happy to wait for NIB and less work than used anyway. Just click a button and the truck stops at front.

Probably for the market saturation thread but just coming back to the hobby and with so many games out there I am sure folks will see a change soon. Nothing crazy, but a step back in the normal direction.

#5729 1 year ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Spoke with 2 local Chicagoland distributors this week and IMDN is still scheduled to have a run this May.

#5730 1 year ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Quoted from tgarrett09:

Talked to Zach about this a bit to try and get on the list and May run is happening but his waitlist is full

No issues with Zach, seems like a great guy, love his vids/podcasts and what he does for the hobby... but if you want a high demand pin. don't go to the same guy everyone else is going to. That's why this thread is full of "Durrrr... I ordered godzilla 2 years ago why haven't I got it yet?? That guy just got one no wait?! not fair!"

If you want Maiden in May, go to the distributor list and start making cold calls, You'll find someone with slots.

#5731 1 year ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

Spoke with 2 local Chicagoland distributors this week and IM is still scheduled to have a run this May.

IMDN?

#5732 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

No issues with Zach, seems like a great guy, love his vids/podcasts and what he does for the hobby... but if you want a high demand pin. don't go to the same guy everyone else is going to. That's why this thread is full of "Durrrr... I ordered godzilla 2 years ago why haven't I got it yet?? That guy just got one no wait?! not fair!"
    If you want Maiden in May, go to the distributor list and start making cold calls, You'll find someone with slots.

This - I always call around until I find someone with an actual open allocation for an upcoming game. Hardly have to wait at all unless the next run is way out there. If you go with a distro building an unlimited wait list - you could be waiting several runs before you get your game.

#5733 1 year ago

What's the scoop on Foo Fighters Premium? I got an email from my distributor yesterday saying June/July time frame, but looking at the production schedule here, I see a run up in April and no second run. I'm just curious if that's just when he thinks he'll be able to get the machine to me by from the April run or if there is word of a second FF Prem run coming up.

#5734 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Definitely good advice. He was one of a few I’ve reached out to. I’m newer to the hobby so I’m just looking for distributors who will actually communicate with you when you need them. I’ve had mixed results in who I’ve used in the past.

#5735 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

What's the scoop on Foo Fighters Premium? I got an email from my distributor yesterday saying June/July time frame, but looking at the production schedule here, I see a run up in April and no second run. I'm just curious if that's just when he thinks he'll be able to get the machine to me by from the April run or if there is word of a second FF Prem run coming up.

There is a 2nd Premium run scheduled for around late July/August, at least that was what my distro informed me of. So unless it was moved up, I believe it's currently scheduled in July/August.

#5736 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

That's the second run of Prems, and the first run of home Pros in July. Hit up Stern's distributor list and try to find a dist with first run Prem slots available.

#5737 1 year ago

Ooops my bad - Yes Iron Maiden (IMDN)- always mess that one up….
    Still on schedule for May

#5738 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That's the second run of Prems, and the first run of home Pros in July. Hit up Stern's distributor list and try to find a dist with first run Prem slots available.

Nah, that June/July timing is actually pretty perfect, both financially and with life stuff going on (and while July/August is less great waiting longer, it's still fine). I've already put the deposit down, but if I ended up getting called in a month to come and pick up, and he was just padding the dates to under-promise and over-deliver, it'd actually be more of a headache scraping together the money for the remaining cost and arranging pickup.

#5739 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

Nah, that June/July timing is actually pretty perfect, both financially and with life stuff going on. I've already put the deposit down, but if I ended up getting called in a month to come and pick up, and he was just padding the dates to under-promise and over-deliver, it'd actually be more of a headache scraping together the money for the remaining payment and arranging pickup.

#5740 1 year ago

Maybe they finally make more Maiden toppers. I know they were supposed to do a round of Aces High ones. Hoping they also do the other version.

#5741 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

On the same note when people feel screwed they won't buy from them again.Now things are getting back to normal do buyers go back to the distros that charged 1000 over retail or go to dealers like tilt, kingpin, game exchange gameroom guys ect that played the long game and didn't gouge customers.

#5742 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

On the same note when people feel screwed they won't buy from them again.Now things are getting back to normal do buyers go back to the distros that charged 1000 over retail or go to dealers like tilt, kingpin, game exchange gameroom guys ect that played the long game and didn't gouge customers.

You know customers are going to go wherever they can get the pin they want soonest at the price that best suits them.

#5743 1 year ago

I disagree 100%.

I prefer to build long lasting relationships and trust.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

You know customers are going to go wherever they can get the pin they want soonest at the price that best suits them.

81633837-6A25-4C0B-9306-C6F2A7861DBE (resized).jpeg81633837-6A25-4C0B-9306-C6F2A7861DBE (resized).jpeg
    #5744 1 year ago

I could really care less who or for how much you buy your pins. I am pretty sure that has nothing to do with this thread. Go start another one.

#5745 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Some distros have merely *tried* to gouge me - I don’t bite. And then they lose my business forever.

#5746 1 year ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Saw on Flip N Out that IM is for Preorder 2024. Did the schedule change for it?

Ya, that is probably a mistake. May '23 is it for Maiden.

#5747 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

If they're your "former" distributor, then it should be easy to give us their name. I don't want to buy from them....

Vanessa Yannish out of Iowa.

Lied to me about shipping (told me there was NO OPTION for curbside)

The game had clearcoat issues, she could not obtain a replacement.

I offered to pay for a playfield out of pocket, waited six months, (poor communication/ would not return calls)
    She refused to send a picture of the replacement playfield before I would send her the money.

Still unresolved
    Lesson learned...

Super disappointed in Stern as well, canceled two orders because of the situation.

#5748 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

I offered to pay for a playfield out of pocket, waited six months, (poor communication/ would not return calls)
    She refused to send a picture of the replacement playfield before I would send her the money.
    Still unresolved
    Lesson learned...
    Super disappointed in Stern as well, canceled two orders because of the situation.

Is Stern actually part of the problem or is it related directly to your distributor? You may want to notify Stern directly about your distributor issues.

#5749 1 year ago

Stern is aware.
    Or at least her contact at Stern is. I have only been able to talk to one person in the parts department.

#5750 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

Still unresolved
    Lesson learned...

The dealer/company name to avoid is Operation Pinball.

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/115?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.