Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,047 posts
  • 849 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Collin
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif
    IMG_1022.gif

There are 8,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 161.
    #5601 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I'd do neither. It's like AMC on TWD. I don't need a logo in 5 different places to know...yes AMC....got it. It is your brand. Same with TMNT. It's right on the translite about 4 inches below the topper.....

TWD Premium is the WORST for that. I won't even consider a TWD Prem for that reason. Pro or LE only. That Prem art with AMC all over it is atrocious.

#5602 1 year ago

Netflix sure is plastered all over Stranger Things

#5603 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:I had a distro quote DP Pro/Prem for July. Curious if anyone else has heard that. Something shifted ?

My local distributor just told me the same thing. Said it was updated “yesterday”. I have my eye on a locally available used one, but now I’m back to thinking about waiting.

#5604 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Has anyone who recently received a game,had any problems with the glass being too tight and hard to remove ? I haven't heard much about this problem lately,and I hope it's a thing of the past.

Mine is tight on my May 22’ build JP & July 22’ build GZ. I replaced the original GZ glass with Invisiglass and it’s still tight.
    Not that big a deal to me honestly. I kind of like not having to worry about the glass shooting out and being gouged by the coindoor if I forget to close it quick enough.

#5605 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Netflix sure is plastered all over Stranger Things

Not nearly as large or offensive as that bright yellow AMC square on TWD. The Netflix brand is the same color as Stranger Things and smaller overall. Doesn't stand out and go out of its way to visually offend like AMC.
    Cabinet-STh_vs_TWD.pngCabinet-STh_vs_TWD.png

#5606 1 year ago

I get that. Some like it. Some don’t or think it’s redundant. Options for everyone

Quoted from j_m_:it's nice and I gave you a thumbs up, but isn't it a bit redundant? the very same logo image is on the backglass not 4" south of that topper

#5607 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

deadpool is not this summer

Stern sent out an email today bumping the deadpool run to july and adding another gz premium run

#5608 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Stern sent out an email today bumping the deadpool run to july and adding another gz premium run

When is the Godzilla run?

#5609 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

So where does GZ Prem go? And did Deadpool replace the AIQ July run, like this...?

Mar 2023 - Bond 60
    Mar 2023 - Foo Fighters Pro (mainly for ops)
    Mar 2023 - Foo Fighters LE
    Apr 2023 - Foo Fighters Premium
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    May 2023 - Iron Maiden Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    July 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - FF Pro (home buyers)
    Aug 2023 - FF Premium
    Aug 2023 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Sep 2023 - Cornerstone - Rumored to be Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Nov 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - For Rent - Deadpool moved up to July
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

#5610 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Oooof my wallet.

Quoted from PinMonk:

So where does GZ Prem go? And did Deadpool replace the AIQ July run, like this...?
    Mar 2023 - Bond 60
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    Aug 2023 - FF Premium
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

This is as far as I was quoted.
    JP Prem May
    Imdn Pro and Prem May
    Godzilla Pro and Prem in June
    AIQ pro and Prem in June
    Deadpool Pro and Prem July

Maybe the factory expansion coming online/adding slots

#5611 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Mar 2023 - Bond 60
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    Aug 2023 - FF Premium
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

I’m surprised theyre making more Bonds

#5612 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

I’m surprised theyre making more Bonds

Agreed. I would bet most Bond production gets shelved.

#5613 1 year ago

I haven’t been following Bond. Was it a bust? Low demand?

#5614 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I haven’t been following Bond. Was it a bust? Low demand?

There’s a lot of crying because the code started at a low level and has been slow. Now with all the new releases people may jump to the next thing but who knows… pinside reality often does not reflect actual reality. I know I’m enjoying my bond but also was not immune to the other new releases… just need to figure out where to put all these things

#5615 1 year ago

I'm in for a Bond at some point most likely but I need to see the code much closer to 1.0 or better.

#5616 1 year ago

Any status updates on the back half of this Elvira run?

#5617 1 year ago

Thank you, Gubbin for sharing the info you received. I believe Bond 60 is off the line as FF Pros are starting to be shipped out. So let's move the schedule along. I heard some other rumors, but none confirmed so don't want to share that. Also, on the latest George Gomez podcast interview on Free Play Pinball Podcast, Gomez kinda alluded to Stern doing a vault this year. Looks like there's a spot right after Deadpool in July. But putting all these old games first and with the demand of FF, I'm wondering if Stern is ready for another price increase in the summer with a vault or in September? Most likely at least by new year again.

May 2023 - JP Premium
    Jun 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Aug 2023 - FF Premium
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

#5618 1 year ago
    Quoted from LoranSlater:

I’m still waiting on mine as well. They ran them last week but my distro is still waiting on them. I can’t imagine they would still be on the line so I’m curious what the hold up is.

#5619 1 year ago

My GZ Premium was delivered yesterday (March 14th). Build date of March 6th.

#5620 1 year ago
    Quoted from jhallsuxatpinbal:

I’m still waiting on mine as well. They ran them last week but my distro is still waiting on them. I can’t imagine they would still be on the line so I’m curious what the hold up is.

I had the same reaction (which is why I even bothered asking) but I will add that it sounds like my distributor is getting MORE than they were originally told they were allotted, so that might have something to do with it.

#5621 1 year ago
    Quoted from action76:

Interesting. According to the schedule, Godzilla was not supposed to be produced in March.

#5622 1 year ago
    Quoted from LoranSlater:

sounds like my distributor is getting MORE than they were originally told they were allotted, so that might have something to do with it.

That's not what happened. They didn't produce more, they moved around allocations due to the extreme cancellation rate. Some got more if they could move them instantly. Those that were going to have stock sitting were reduced (that's why you see all the ads for NIB here on pinside now).
    Demand is 100% satisfied (at this price).

#5623 1 year ago
    Quoted from action76:

Well time to move it from wishlist to "CURRENT COLLECTION" enjoy

#5624 1 year ago
    Quoted from LoranSlater:

Been three weeks, our dealer got in some units but not all, Stern told em that more is coming. It was supposed to be a one week run that has now gone on to three.

#5625 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Well time to move it from wishlist to "CURRENT COLLECTION"

Yes, you are right! I totally forgot to do that. My error has now been corrected! Thanks.

#5626 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

That's not what happened. They didn't produce more, they moved around allocations due to the extreme cancellation rate. Some got more if they could move them instantly. Those that were going to have stock sitting were reduced (that's why you see all the ads for NIB here on pinside now).
    Demand is 100% satisfied (at this price).

really curious where you hear this misinformation at. is 2% cancelling bad?

I had 1 person cancel out of all my orders, and it wasnt the price change that he cancelled, its because he had a child during the wait time and chose that priority which i fully understand

#5627 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

really curious where you hear this misinformation at. is 2% cancelling bad?
    I had 1 person cancel out of all my orders, and it wasnt the price change that he cancelled, its because he had a child during the wait time and chose that priority which i fully understand

Hi Tilt

Wow, you did really good. Only one? You have a great client base.

I had two paid deposits out there, and I kept tabs of which number I was on the list (for the last year). I started keeping tabs when it was time for the the April/May run last year. Back then I was # 30 at one, and # 23 at another. As the year went on, the prices increased (8300 to 8900 to 9400, 9800, etc) and we moved thru three assumed build times (April/May, July and Nov). Then we got to Dec, and the official final price increase of $10.5

In Jan, I checked what my place was in line with the two dealers..... from #30 at the 1st dealer to #19 and from #23 to #16 at the other. Then in Feb, I was at #13 at one, and #8 at the other. This is a collapse of orders. Since it's not just one, I would assume it is widespread across the board. It's amazing you didn't get hit with it, but I also think people think very highly of your business. Bravo to you!!! Watching your post about picking up machines the same week (three weeks ago) was just incredible to see..... no wonder people like you. I also take the listings for NIB as a further sign on order collapse: how is something available at all (now) with it not being built in two years, and preorders outstripping supply by a huge margin? That shouldn't be possible UNLESS orders have collapsed.

Know what I mean?

#5628 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Hi Tilt
    Wow, you did really good. Only one? You have a great client base.
    I had two paid deposits out there, and I kept tabs of which number I was on the list (for the last year). I started keeping tabs when it was time for the the April/May run last year. Back then I was # 30 at one, and # 23 at another. As the year went on, the prices increased (8300 to 8900 to 9400, 9800, etc) and we moved thru three assumed build times (April/May, July and Nov). Then we got to Dec, and the official final price increase of $10.5
    In Jan, I checked what my place was in line with the two dealers..... from #30 at the 1st dealer to #19 and from #23 to #16 at the other. Then in Feb, I was at #13 at one, and #8 at the other. This is a collapse of orders. Since it's not just one, I would assume it is widespread across the board. It's amazing you didn't get hit with it, but I also think people think very highly of your business. Bravo to you!!! Watching your post about picking up machines the same week (three weeks ago) was just incredible to see..... no wonder people like you. I also take the listings for NIB as a further sign on order collapse: how is something available at all (now) with it not being built in two years, and preorders outstripping supply by a huge margin? That shouldn't be possible UNLESS orders have collapsed.
    Know what I mean?

"Hi I'm a guy that places multiple deposits for the same pin at different dealers because I'm impatient, expecting to cancel some of said orders but I also use second hand info about cancelled orders to make assumptions about demand and argue with large dealers with first hand experience about said topic"

#5629 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

"Hi I'm a guy that places multiple deposits for the same pin at different dealers because I'm impatient, expecting to cancel some of said orders"

Wrong...... when you're high on the list and a game is expected to be canceled, it is the players responsibility to find a game/spot or not get one at all. A dealer only has to say "you didn't make it, here's your deposit back".... no skin off their nose.

There isn't a need to hedge your bets now, but two years ago? Absolutely..... if you wanted to actually receive a game.... and for the record, I had three games ordered with a single larger dealer and didn't receive a single one. Of course I got another deposit with another dealer on the one game I wanted most and left the original deposit in place.

How casually people want to make a buyer into the bad guy without knowing anything.

#5630 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:Wrong...... when you're high on the list and a game is expected to be canceled, it is the players responsibility to find a game/spot or not get one at all. A dealer only has to say "you didn't make it, here's your deposit back".... no skin off their nose.
    There isn't a need to hedge your bets now, but two years ago? Absolutely..... if you wanted to actually receive a game.... and for the record, I had three games ordered with a single larger dealer and didn't receive a single one. Of course I got another deposit with another dealer on the one game I wanted most and left the original deposit in place.
    How casually people want to make a buyer into the bad guy without knowing anything.

I'm not wanting to make you into a bad guy, i just think it's dumb to assume you can accurately judge market conditions for this pin based on your position in a wait list(info you got second hand) when you yourself have multiple deposits around and understand that people are cancelling their deposits for reasons other than not wanting the game. Thought it was weird to confidently declare "demand is 100% satisfied" based on one questionable data point.

Anyway... seems like Foo Fighters Pro is on the line now?

#5631 1 year ago
    Quoted from flyguybri:

My local distributor just told me the same thing. Said it was updated “yesterday”. I have my eye on a locally available used one, but now I’m back to thinking about waiting.

My distro said "July" as well but it might be moved back because Stern is moving factories in July. However, distro's just say what's on the sheet. I am sure many suspect there to be a production stoppage for the move, but won't announce it until Stern confirms. I had someone reach out about mine saying something similar from their distro. Not sure if that is true, or when Stern is moving factories? Anyone know? I recall hearing about that on one of the Podcasts recently too

#5632 1 year ago
    Quoted from demandecan55:

My distro said "July" as well but it might be moved back because Stern is moving factories in July.

Gomez was recently talking about the last time they moved and how the transition was seamless because they planned it out well. Ended one day (I think there was a weekend) and started up in the new factory the next day. I think they'll be shooting for as close to that model again as possible. They're bigger now, but they've done it before. So there shouldn't be too large of a disruption.

#5633 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Gomez was recently talking about the last time they moved and how the transition was seamless because they planned it out well. Ended one day (I think there was a weekend) and started up in the new factory the next day. I think they'll be shooting for as close to that model again as possible. They're bigger now, but they've done it before. So there shouldn't be too large of a disruption.

Sounds like last time was ~2 weeks out of full production from what I found. Not bad at all really.

#5634 1 year ago

FF Pro on the line in Stern's video, but again, this is from this past week. Pros are already in the wild.

#5635 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

FF Pro on the line in Stern's video, but again, this is from this past week. Pros are already in the wild.

Where are pro models, besides at distributors as the floor model?

#5636 1 year ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Where are pro models, besides at distributors as the floor model?

Locations get first dibs on pros

#5637 1 year ago

They are on locations ready to play. No where near me though.

#5638 1 year ago

Foo Friday!!!

#5639 1 year ago

Should be some Foo pros hitting locations soon. That’s exciting

#5640 1 year ago

Just got news my Elvira from the second batch is in. Should be on its way to me on Monday.

#5641 1 year ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Just got news my Elvira from the second batch is in. Should be on its way to me on Monday.

Same for me. What a weird series of events that was.

#5642 1 year ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

May I ask what you mean by “second batch”?
    I thought this run began two weeks ago and lasted just one week.

Weird series of events? What do you mean?

#5643 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

May I ask what you mean by “second batch”?
    I thought this run began two weeks ago and lasted just one week.
    Weird series of events? What do you mean?

It looked like the run was going to be for one week but distros got less than expected. Then it took almost two full weeks to get the rest of the games out. Normally they run them and ship them and the line changes over.

#5644 1 year ago

It looked like the run was going to be for one week but distros got less than expected. Then it took almost two full weeks to get the rest of the games out. Normally they run them and ship them and the line changes over.

Thanks for the lowdown.

#5645 1 year ago

I have an HoH premium on order and last week when I checked I was told last week they said there was a parts delay with Elvira. Any weight with that?

#5646 1 year ago

Just played a Foo Fighters Pro at Game Terminal in Nashville last night. Lotta fun! Friends liked it too.

#5647 12 months ago
    Quoted from Herm:

I have an HoH premium on order and last week when I checked I was told last week they said there was a parts delay with Elvira. Any weight with that?

I would believe the parts delay. It’s like they had them built but then waited to ship for some reason. Mine should be shipping to me this week finally.

#5648 12 months ago

I ordered my GZPrem on 3/4/2022, and it is scheduled to finally be delivered 3/28/2023. 389 days later. I paid in full over 2 months ago, and I've been reminding them periodically. It seems like these are widely available now. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here. Plus this is the 5th game I've bought from them. Should I find another distributor? I know this has been a HOT pin, but am I an outlier, or does this seem normal?

#5649 12 months ago
    Quoted from mronemoretime:

I ordered my GZPrem on 3/4/2022, and it is scheduled to finally be delivered 3/28/2023. 389 days later. I paid in full over 2 months ago, and I've been reminding them periodically. It seems like these are widely available now. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here. Plus this is the 5th game I've bought from them. Should I find another distributor? I know this has been a HOT pin, but am I an outlier, or does this seem normal?

If it's a big distributor, they have a long list of people ordering. A lot of times it pays to buy from a smaller distributor.

#5650 12 months ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

If it's a big distributor, they have a long list of people ordering. A lot of times it pays to buy from a smaller distributor.

Yep. I found one in stock last summer from a small guy. 0 day wait.(MSRP+shipping) That is unusual but it does help to do some leg work for high demand pins, ask how big the lists are, ask when you can expect the pin. I must have contacted 15 dealers for GZ.

I see dealers today with GZ Prem in stock here on pinside.

There are 8,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.