Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 162.
    #5401 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Based on Foo Fighter's reception, I don't see Stern's backlog getting any shorter soon.

Someone can buy mine, I won't be jumping on the bandwagon so quickly.

#5402 1 year ago

There should be a production update soon but this is where we’re at currently.

Mar 2023 - Bond 60
    Mar 2023 - Foo Fighters Pro, LE & Prem
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    Apr 2023 - FF Pro home & Premium
    May 2023 - Iron Maiden Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    July 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Aug 2023 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Sep 2023 - Rumored Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Nov 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

#5403 1 year ago

Am I crazy or does Foo Fighters remind anyone else of Scooby Doo??

#5404 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

They both have green powdercoat and upper playfields, that's all the similar things I see.

#5405 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

They both have green powdercoat and upper playfields, that's all the similar things I see.

And a van! Mustn’t forget the glorious van.

#5406 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

The Van, the artwork...

#5407 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

The Van, the artwork...

Looks like you own a TMNT LE… no similarities in that artwork?

#5408 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

And wait until you have the comparison to Galactic Tank Force.

I imagine there will be green aliens in that one as well...

#5409 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

The Overlord is like the Krang and yeah reminds when Hollywood would put out dueling blockbusters! If you look at the way the band is even dressed on the playfield in Scooby out fits! Van starts modes I think on both. But fist isn't best always I can't wait to play Foo!

#5410 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Huh? No, I dont see TMNT as a Scooby Doo Redux. You do?

#5411 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Mar 2023 - Bond 60
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    Sep 2023 - Rumored Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

Thanks, still waiting on my Deadpool over here

#5412 1 year ago

Is there really more demand for these...

Maybe there’s a bunch of people waiting on these games but it just seems odd that Stern would make these instead of other things that have large back orders. (GZ DP JP EHOH) or run some STH.

#5413 1 year ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is there really more demand for this....

The game still seems to sell well. Local distros have no issue selling it out each time its been run.

#5414 1 year ago

New Season of Mando started TODAY. So probably makes sense for another run if they have the parts.

#5415 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

New Season of Mando started TODAY. So probably makes sense for another run if they have the parts.

That’s a good call forgot about that factor, it probably has more to do with parts in stock or availability.

#5416 1 year ago

Maybe there’s a bunch of people waiting on these games but it just seems odd that Stern would make these instead of other things that have large back orders. (GZ DP JP EHOH) or run some STH.

Those are probably pretty small runs. It's not like that's all they are going to make in those months. Also, by November they are going to be in the new (larger) factory.

#5417 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Mar 2023 - Bond 60
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    Sep 2023 - Rumored Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

I don't see how Bond will have two more runs this year, when FF does not.

#5418 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Huh? No, I dont see TMNT as a Scooby Doo Redux. You do?

You said (as I quoted) you saw similarities in the van and artwork between Scooby and FF… what was it you were implying?

#5419 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

A run now might make sense. A run in November doesn't, this season will be well past public mindshare by then.

As for SW and AIQ, a July/August timeframe scheduled now is pretty tentative in any event. Stern will do them when they have a critical mass of orders and enough parts. If either of those doesn't come together then they'll get pushed off, like Maiden was for quite a while.

#5420 1 year ago

I doubt they'd build them if there were no demand. They know what they're doing.

#5421 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

I doubt they'd build them if there were no demand. They know what they're doing.

I’m sure there is some demand but you can still get Star Wars pro, Mando pro & premium new in box from distributors.. anyway I’m sure they have their reasons, im guessing it has more to do with supply chain/parts management ect

#5422 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

The stream tonight proves its Scooby-Foo

I agree. Plus how about that run of Stranger Things!

#5423 1 year ago

I ordered my EHOH from Game Exchange last Feb and I haven't heard any update since last month. Anyone order from GEX and receive their EHOH?

#5424 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

I ordered my EHOH from Game Exchange last Feb and I haven't heard any update since last month. Anyone order from GEX and receive their EHOH?

Same here last Jan and all is well. I called monday. They estimated a week or two before they receive them, then invoices go out.

#5425 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

You said (as I quoted) you saw similarities in the van and artwork between Scooby and FF… what was it you were implying?

Actually, if we’re being particular, I agreed with someone else who pointed out the van was similar to Scooby. The artwork IS very Scooby like on the PF.
    Not sure why these observations bother you. I’m just asking if anyone else saw similarities. And they obviously did.

#5426 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Actually, if we’re being particular, I agreed with someone else who pointed out the van was similar to Scooby. The artwork IS very Scooby like on the PF.
    Not sure why these observations bother you. I’m just asking if anyone else saw similarities. And they obviously did.

On the insider connect podcast they said during brainstorming it was supposed to be a Scooby type game. They didn't mention if they knew a Scooby game was in the works. I bet Spooky is pissed Stern did a better Scooby game w/o the darn liscence!

#5427 1 year ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

On the insider connect podcast they said during brainstorming it was supposed to be a Scooby type game. They didn't mention if they knew a Scooby game was in the works. I bet Spooky is pissed Stern did a better Scooby game w/o the darn liscence!

Foo is clearly inspired by scooby cartoon. Even the skeleton masks the aliens are wearing. There was an episode where the bad guys wear the same. There was another episode with aliens. So aliens wearing skeleton masks is like funny/ridiculous. They took the tropes from Scoob and other old cartoons and exaggerated them. I thought this was plain to see. It doesn’t mean they sabotaged the scoob pin. It’s not like it is a real big stretch to do such a thing, it’s been done before in movies & cartoons many times.

#5428 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Foo is clearly inspired by scooby cartoon. Even the skeleton masks the aliens are wearing. There was an episode where the bad guys wear the same. There was another episode with aliens. So aliens wearing skeleton masks is like funny/ridiculous. They took the tropes from Scoob and other old cartoons and exaggerated them. I thought this was plain to see. It doesn’t mean they sabotaged the scoob pin. It’s not like it is a real big stretch to do such a thing, it’s been done before in movies & cartoons many times.

Ah hell with it let it ride did you see that mode where it looked like they were running from captain cutler and they had a band member on all fours crawling so it looked like the mystery gang! Yeah I think it was an homage not meant to be a rip off i really think by the time they knew Scooby was coming out it was too late.

#5429 1 year ago

Yeah, I can see the Scooby inspiration now… but it wasn’t the playfield art or presence of a van, it was the some of the animations (and it wasn’t even a question… it was absolutely meant as an homage to that.)

#5430 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

JD out-Scoobied Spooky pinball.

Definitely a lot of Ghostbusters, Scooby-Doo and AFM in this pin.

#5431 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

JD out-Scoobied Spooky pinball.
    Definitely a lot of Ghostbusters, Scooby-Doo and AFM in this pin.

Agreed. All my favs I couldn't resist, just ordered my Scoob-Busters from Mars!

#5432 1 year ago

Wow! Watched all FFLE stream by JD and Stern. FF is already one heck of game at v.80 but hearing the software designers discuss what’s already in and what’s coming, it blow my mind.

Photo of Ray Day’s historic 909M point score!

I’m sure he could have stretched it over 1 billion, but more code is coming. How did the others do? Game designer Jack Danger got 21M (about MM level scoring and Jack is very good). Tanio is a star coder and he explains the rule nuances well. He has been one of my favorites to watch play on stream. But he is not a strong player and he scored 3M.

On his way to the monster score, RayDay completes a level and mentions it is supposed to start a 2 ball multiball, but that wasn’t working in the game yet. Haha because he’s one of the coders. Anyways, as you would expect for such a momentous event, nobody noticed or said anything. Side note to self - Ray Day is going places and I don’t mean in the FF van.

632CC9B8-E032-4124-B1C1-227D099CAD82.jpeg632CC9B8-E032-4124-B1C1-227D099CAD82.jpeg

#5433 1 year ago

Did you mean 0.9 Billion?

#5435 1 year ago
    Quoted from math08:

Just had a long knock down drag out call with the dealer. At first I spoke to the owners son who said "well, I don't know why the owner told you February. Its up to Stern and we are now told May-June, but if you want you money back, no problem, we have others that will take you place." He then puts on the owner who says that the Factory has my money, and he will keep 10% because I am cancelling prior to the first week of April, which is when we have a written agreement that I would get a full refund if they don't deliver. I say, but you son just told me my delivery would not be until May June. Clearly this is after April, and he also said you have other buyers who would take my place so not problem. Owner says, "I am the owner, he is not, and he is wrong. Then he goes on to say "you are just too much trouble. I will give you a full refund." The then hangs up. Wow, what drama.

This dealer needs to be outed

#5436 1 year ago

Is the production schedule based on outstanding orders with deposits laid down? Are there that many non-filled orders on Mando and Star Wars? That is the only reason I can think of. Apparently distros are in need of more Mandos.

#5437 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:Is the production schedule based on outstanding orders with deposits laid down? Are there that many non-filled orders on Mando and Star Wars? That is the only reason I can think of. Apparently distros are in need of more Mandos.

It'll be like EHOH: gets a week and that's it.

#5438 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I’m sending a few out today
    [quoted image]

Should I be concerned that I don't have details from Trent on the status of my Elvira yet?

Last I heard, he has one for me "Assuming Stern makes all they are supposed to..."

#5439 1 year ago
    Quoted from Collin:

This dealer needs to be outed

Won't happen as most people are too scared to out anyone for fear of blacklisting.

Never understood that. With 50 authorized dealers to choose from, if thr veracity of his story is true, there are simply "too many choices to excuse poor service" - especially something THAT atrocious

#5440 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

It'll be like EHOH: gets a week and that's it.

That’s up to 500 games. It might satisfy everyone waiting or it might not, I have no idea. But 500 new EHOH going out is quite a good number.

#5441 1 year ago

#5442 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

That’s up to 500 games. It might satisfy everyone waiting or it might not, I have no idea. But 500 new EHOH going out is quite a good number.

Absolutely. Another 500 SW's and 500 Mando's is more than enough. Probably for AIQ also. EHOH is fully satisfied with 500 more (at this price).

Seems to me, except for the unknowns in the move - Stern has a LOT of production capacity this year.

It's going to be a bloodbath when they decommission titles at the end of the year. So much not needed anymore....... and then hopefully they'll get back to four titles a year in 2024.

#5443 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

EHOH is fully satisfied with 500 more (at this price).

Is it? I casually called around and couldn't get one (would be the 2nd time owning one, thought of a couple more mods). I think there's substantially more demand still out there for EHOH.

Mando and Star Wars? No idea. They seem to be slow movers at dists already

#5444 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Is it? I casually called around and couldn't get one (would be the 2nd time, thought of a couple more mods). I think there's more demand still out there for EHOH.

I know of a few people locally who were in line for EHOH with a dealer, and they just learned they will be missing out on one. I'm concerned I may be in that camp too.

So I think you're correct - demand still hasn't been met.

#5445 1 year ago
    Quoted from Collin:

I know of a few people locally who were in line for EHOH with a dealer, and they just learned they will be missing out on one. I'm concerned I may be in that camp too.

Tell your distributor to move your deposit to a future game and buy this one instead.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/152526

#5446 1 year ago

Anyone have any updates on JP premium? Still summer?

#5447 1 year ago

Do we have any dates on FF Pro first run?

#5448 1 year ago
    Quoted from king_pin:

Do we have any dates on FF Pro first run?

It's on the line now as far as I know.

#5449 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:Tell your distributor to move your deposit to a future game and buy this one instead.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/152526

Quoted from Collin:

Colin wont have to do that, he will get taken care of. Being his distributor, i will be able to get all of the people that ordered one from us their machine. We did not oversell,

Also collin, If you want one next week, i have one availble at louisville arcade expo

#5450 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wow! Watched all FFLE stream by JD and Stern. FF is already one heck of game at v.80 but hearing the software designers discuss what’s already in and what’s coming, it blow my mind.
    Photo of Ray Day’s historic 909M point score!
    I’m sure he could have stretched it over 1 billion, but more code is coming. How did the others do? Game designer Jack Danger got 21M (about MM level scoring and Jack is very good). Tanio is a star coder and he explains the rule nuances well. He has been one of my favorites to watch play on stream. But he is not a strong player and he scored 3M.
    On his way to the monster score, RayDay completes a level and mentions it is supposed to start a 2 ball multiball, but that wasn’t working in the game yet. Haha because he’s one of the coders. Anyways, as you would expect for such a momentous event, nobody noticed or said anything. Side note to self - Ray Day is going places and I don’t mean in the FF van.
    [quoted image]

one question:
    who in their right mind would record a single song onto a 90min cassette and label each cassette like that?

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 162.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/109?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.