Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 164.
    #5351 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Wow man, you're fast!!! My distro hasn't even billed me yet.

Same. I emailed mine today and I was told Godzilla is on the line and then Bond 60th with Elvira sometime after. I didn’t want to be an ass but I was thinking you are a bit behind on news my guy.

#5352 1 year ago

I've gotta give a shout out to Damon at @paradisedistro. I was asking around these forums last week for the best place to get a NIB Godzilla premium delivered this year and he was able to get me one in a week! I don't plan on buying any other pins soon, but if I do I know which distributor I'll be reaching out to!

20230224_114709 (resized).jpg20230224_114709 (resized).jpg
    #5353 1 year ago
    Quoted from KSP1138:

Different part numbers for sure. Probably depends on if a particular topper needs to drive some LEDs, but likely very similar to those.

All the topper nodes I've seen are much smaller than Node 8/9 boards. They don't need to drive much, so that's not really a surprise. I don't think there's much (any?) overlap with use in the pinball machine itself, so topper production shouldn't impede pinball production.

#5354 1 year ago

I get the feeling I missed the current GZ Premium run, even though I paid for the whole thing. ugg. Is there really another GZ Premium run in June????

#5355 1 year ago
    Quoted from sdchoni:

I've gotta give a shout out to Damon at paradisedistro. I was asking around these forums last week for the best place to get a NIB Godzilla premium delivered this year and he was able to get me one in a week! I don't plan on buying any other pins soon, but if I do I know which distributor I'll be reaching out to!
    [quoted image]

I talked to him about an Elvira last week. No luck there. Sounded like he still had a Godzilla Premium available, though.

#5356 1 year ago

I also paid in full and my dealer has not said a word other than I am supposed to get a February build. I am hopeful, however, it looks like a goose egg.

#5357 1 year ago
    Quoted from sdchoni:

I've gotta give a shout out to Damon at paradisedistro.

Awesome! Ya, I remember a few weeks back he posted on here saying that he could get one on this run of Godzillas currently being delivered. Mine is currently lost in some snowstorm in the Rocky Mountain region in the back of a FedEx truck. Keep checking the tracking history and it just says weather delays, ETA now unknown.

#5358 1 year ago

My Godzilla is currently in transit and should be here next week. Can’t wait!

#5359 1 year ago

Anyone getting their game a CT customer? If so what was your order date?

#5360 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I get the feeling I missed the current GZ Premium run, even though I paid for the whole thing. ugg. Is there really another GZ Premium run in June????

Quoted from math08:

I also paid in full and my dealer has not said a word other than I am supposed to get a February build. I am hopeful, however, it looks like a goose egg.

Not to knock on your distributor, and i have no clue who it/they are, But you should not have to pay in full for these, without the game being ready to ship There is no reason a dealer should hold on to your money for a long period of time for a pro or premium model.

If they required it, then i would suggest looking for someone that has terms you like, youi are the customer, so you should be happy with the deal

If you volunteered it, which i have had a few try, then you cant complain, lol

#5361 1 year ago

I am still waiting on my GZ premium. I paid in full last week. My dealer said I will be getting one of Feb built and he will be getting some more next week. Is anyone getting one next week? I thought they were done with GZ premium. I thought GZ is being shipped out from Stern but I guess I am getting mine shipped from the dealer.

#5362 1 year ago

I thought this was supposed to be the mother of all GZ runs, but ended up being a week. Hopefully they revisit it next week since I don’t think a single week was what they intended.

#5363 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I thought this was supposed to be the mother of all GZ runs, but ended up being a week. Hopefully they revisit it next week since I don’t think a single week was what they intended.

Seems like Stern was able to squeeze in some unexpected GZ builds late last year, hopefully there's an opportunity in March.

#5364 1 year ago
    Quoted from BaumeisterB:

Seems like Stern was able to squeeze in some unexpected GZ builds late last year, hopefully there's an opportunity in March.

Seems like that’s my hope at this point. I feel a little selfish, but I think I’m really close to the top of the list at this point so now every day is a “maybe today” sort of day.

#5365 1 year ago
    Quoted from pbjksb:

I am still waiting on my GZ premium. I paid in full last week. My dealer said I will be getting one of Feb built and he will be getting some more next week. Is anyone getting one next week? I thought they were done with GZ premium. I thought GZ is being shipped out from Stern but I guess I am getting mine shipped from the dealer.

Couldn’t get on her “real waiting list” without full payment after I had placed a deposit last summer. I assumed she had a unit ready to go when I got the balance due bill a couple weeks ago. I guess I was wrong…

#5366 1 year ago

Couldn’t get on her “real waiting list” without full payment after I had placed a deposit last summer. I assumed she had a unit ready to go when I got the balance due bill a couple weeks ago. I guess I was wrong…

Who is the dealer?? Cointaker?

#5367 1 year ago

My GZ is coming Monday. Just scheduled the delivery. Invoiced for remaining balance 2/7/23. I don’t remember the exact order date, but basically end of 2021.
    Woohoo!!!

#5368 1 year ago

Holy cow! HoHs going out the door! Nice!

Does anyone know how much longer does it usually take for Canada to get Stern machines?

#5369 1 year ago

Just got the notice HOH shipping

#5370 1 year ago

Paying the balance for my Elvira today

#5371 1 year ago
    Quoted from Quadrat:

Paying the balance for my Elvira today

Can you pay mine too?

#5372 1 year ago

Big disappointment. Just got off with my dealer. He has assured me every week for the last 4 that I was going to get a February. He is fully paid. Now he says May or June. Ahhh.

#5373 1 year ago
    Quoted from math08:

Big disappointment. Just got off with my dealer. He has assured me every week for the last 4 that I was going to get a February. He is fully paid. Now he says May or June. Ahhh.

I would not wait and secure one while you can.

#5374 1 year ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Quoted from VisitorQ:

I would not wait and secure one while you can.

I expect it nearly impossible to get my full 'deposit' back from the dealer. I guess it's just time to wait till May or June for the next run of GZ Premiums.

Ugggg

#5375 1 year ago

hope they got the parts in to finish the jb60s this week

#5376 1 year ago
    Quoted from math08:

This bothers me a TON. If you are a dealer, and you have a customer who has paid-in-full for a product, and it is taking close to a year (or more) to deliver on that not-inexpensive product, it is simply good business (and being a good human being) to occasionally update the customer on a timeline of expectation for that delivery.

Some of this falls on Stern. But ultimately it falls on distributors should do this. If anything, to not lose their customer (for the short term, and especially for the long term).

You have a customer almost to the finish line. Make getting there, for you and for him, a better experience.

#5377 1 year ago

dealer getting in Elviras today, I should have mine sometime this week whenever we can coordinate deliver.

#5378 1 year ago

Just had a long knock down drag out call with the dealer. At first I spoke to the owners son who said "well, I don't know why the owner told you February. Its up to Stern and we are now told May-June, but if you want you money back, no problem, we have others that will take you place." He then puts on the owner who says that the Factory has my money, and he will keep 10% because I am cancelling prior to the first week of April, which is when we have a written agreement that I would get a full refund if they don't deliver. I say, but you son just told me my delivery would not be until May June. Clearly this is after April, and he also said you have other buyers who would take my place so not problem. Owner says, "I am the owner, he is not, and he is wrong. Then he goes on to say "you are just too much trouble. I will give you a full refund." The then hangs up. Wow, what drama.

#5379 1 year ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Same question here (same distributor here). I got my invoice for the full amount on 12/30 (at the "new" price) and I paid it on 01/03. Emailed late January and was told "February". Talked to them Feb 13th (Stern showed GZ premium on the line 2/10) and asked where my machine was. Was told James Bond was on the line but they should have them the following week and I'd get a shipping notification "Likely the end of that week/first part of the following week". We're nearly at March and I see Elvira on the line....no word. I ordered in November 2021. The fact they've had my money for over 2 months causes me more than a little frustration - especially when I've had really great experiences with them in the past.

#5380 1 year ago
    Quoted from math08:

Just had a long knock down drag out call with the dealer. At first I spoke to the owners son who said "well, I don't know why the owner told you February. Its up to Stern and we are now told May-June, but if you want you money back, no problem, we have others that will take you place." He then puts on the owner who says that the Factory has my money, and he will keep 10% because I am cancelling prior to the first week of April, which is when we have a written agreement that I would get a full refund if they don't deliver. I say, but you son just told me my delivery would not be until May June. Clearly this is after April, and he also said you have other buyers who would take my place so not problem. Owner says, "I am the owner, he is not, and he is wrong. Then he goes on to say "you are just too much trouble. I will give you a full refund." The then hangs up. Wow, what drama.

There are over 50 dealers in the US. You can order from any of them. I think you can cross that one off your list.

#5381 1 year ago
    Quoted from Analogkid:

Same question here (same distributor here). I got my invoice for the full amount on 12/30 (at the "new" price) and I paid it on 01/03. Emailed late January and was told "February". Talked to them Feb 13th (Stern showed GZ premium on the line 2/10) and asked where my machine was. Was told James Bond was on the line but they should have them the following week and I'd get a shipping notification "Likely the end of that week/first part of the following week". We're nearly at March and I see Elvira on the line....no word. I ordered in November 2021. The fact they've had my money for over 2 months causes me more than a little frustration - especially when I've had really great experiences with them in the past.

Yeahhhh. The whole $1 deposit has really turned out to be the worst deal in pinball and it hasn’t put CT in a very good light either. A lot of buyers feel screwed around. I can’t say I’d every order a pinball from them again after this.

#5382 1 year ago

I expect it nearly impossible to get my full 'deposit' back from the dealer. I guess it's just time to wait till May or June for the next run of GZ Premiums.
    Ugggg

If the price changes, he has to refund if you don't agree to the new price. That's a material change in contract and it gives you a legal out.

#5383 1 year ago

Ugggg

That sucks man...These dealers are trying to get over on us, make them remember this next time.

#5384 1 year ago
    Quoted from Analogkid:

I have had good experiences with them in the past as well...I don't think I will order from them ever again...This is BS

#5385 1 year ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

That sucks man...These dealers are trying to get over on us, make them remember this next time.

Honestly, thats a very unfair statement. We refund deposits regardless of reason so if there is a problem with a dealer, i think it is more fair to call that dealer out that did people wrong, than to lump all together negatively

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but those that paid in full a long time ago really have no one to blame but themselves for not doing any leg work of their own to see what term the good dealers have

On pro and premium models, our policy is very simple. 100 deposit to get on the list, fully refundable at any time, that simple. LE are a different beast altogether, but there is not that many of them to deal with anyway

#5386 1 year ago
    Quoted from math08:

You should tell us who the dealer is so we can all avoid them.

#5387 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but those that paid in full a long time ago really have no one to blame but themselves for not doing any leg work of their own to see what term the good dealers have

This is really the key statement. Why on earth would you pay in full for something before the dealer even has to pay their own invoice?

I can understand holding back a portion of the deposit, if there were transaction fees, but the dealers who fight you on refunds make me feel like they’ve already spent your cash.. very shady

and FWIW, i can attest to the fact that Tilt was very understanding when my circumstances changed on a Premium preorder in the past

#5388 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

You should tell us who the dealer is so we can all avoid them.

Exactly! I'm not saying he won't let us know who the worthless dealer is, but others have held back. We should be trying to help each other out. No one should have to go through that much BS!

#5389 1 year ago

As I said, after I get the refund in hand, I will say who the dealer was. I don't want them to have any reason to hold back my cash. They are telling me that they are sending out a check next week. I don't know why not this week, but I am playing it cool until I get it.

#5390 1 year ago
    Quoted from math08:

As I said, after I get the refund in hand, I will say who the dealer was. I don't want them to have any reason to hold back my cash. They are telling me that they are sending out a check next week. I don't know why not this week, but I am playing it cool until I get it.

Next week, because they’ve already spent your money and need the person to pay in full

#5391 1 year ago

FF looks pretty awesome. I don’t expect much time to fill back orders for other titles once that goes on the line. Congrats to Jack Danger and team, condolences to anyone waiting for anything else.

#5392 1 year ago

Perhaps I am too naive/opptimistic, but today I spoke with the dealer on the phone and she assured me that there 'are still a few GZ's to be shipped' but also agreed that if I don't get a unit allocated this week, we can make other arrangements or refund the funds, etc.

(Shame on me for being so "opptimistic"?)

Stay tuned...

#5393 1 year ago

Perhaps I am too naive/opptimistic, but today I spoke with the dealer on the phone and she assured me that there 'are still a few GZ's to be shipped' but also agreed that if I don't get a unit allocated this week, we can make other arrangements or refund the funds, etc.
    (Shame on me for being so "opptimistic"?)
    Stay tuned...

I’ll take that over waiting for the next run. Fingers crossed for both of us.

#5394 1 year ago

Close call for the EHOH crew! With FF dropping I’m guessing if it hadn’t already been run it probably would have been delayed again.

#5395 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Honestly, thats a very unfair statement. We refund deposits regardless of reason so if there is a problem with a dealer, i think it is more fair to call that dealer out that did people wrong, than to lump all together negatively
    On pro and premium models, our policy is very simple. 100 deposit to get on the list, fully refundable at any time, that simple. LE are a different beast altogether, but there is not that many of them to deal with anyway

No offense, but cry me a river...Comes with the territory...Dealers need to do better.

If you do, than bravo...Good ones are tough to find. Don't let greed get the best of you, Remain committed to good service.

#5396 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

This is really the key statement. Why on earth would you pay in full for something before the dealer even has to pay their own invoice?

For a Bond Premium I paid in full on release day because it guaranteed me one from the first run and I was able to put in on a CC and get cash back.

For Mando I got the your game is being built - please pay your invoice notice, and then it didn't show up so I know how that goes. Definitely a learning experience with that one.

#5397 1 year ago

Based on Foo Fighter's reception, I don't see Stern's backlog getting any shorter soon.

#5398 1 year ago

oh no when will they find time to vault stranger things

#5399 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

oh no when will they find time to vault stranger things

I dont think that will happens...

#5400 1 year ago

no wai

Quoted from Jjlp:

I dont think that will happens...

dang

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/108?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.