(Topic ID: 192152)

What is of most interest to you guys??

By Hemispheres

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hemispheres.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all. I have a customer trading in 3 HUO games. I don't have time to post here much, but I thought I would ask you guys since I have the selection of the following games to take in on trade. What has most interest in your opinions? Feel free to put them in the order of your preference of game play etc...

I can't follow them all and I know some of you do. Here are the titles. All these games are flawless. He hardly touches these. They might get played for a super bowl, Christmas or birthday party for a few hours a year. These literally are brand new.

I appreciate your input and if anyone has any interest I can take that into account. I reply faster to email than PM's
    [email protected]

Stern NBA
    Stern Indy Jones
    Stern Spiderman
    Stern Batman (Original)
    Stern Harley Davidson (3rd edition)
    Stern Rolling Stones LE
    Stern Elvis
    Stern Hulk LE
    Stern Terminator 3
    Stern Iron Man (Original)
    Stern Monopoly

He might not want to trade in the LE's or the Elvis. Not sure yet.

Thanks!
    Kurt

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

Spiderman, Iron Man, Batman

Thanks Capinball. With SM Vault out I was not sure if I can make anything happen on this one as I would need to be a fair spread on it over a new Vault. I don't lowball this guy. He is a GREAT customer and as long as I am fair he will trade in. He knows I have to make a few bucks and supply a warranty etc...

Quoted from Nexyss:

Spiderman and Iron Man are probably the only ones that I would bother to play. Probably add in Batman to get to three. Those would be worth trading for a new pin, I think. I think it would take all 8 of the others to be worth one new pin. There are fans of Elvis that make that one an easier sell than you would think based on the game itself. Those are all pretty tough sells except for these four.

Thanks Nexyss. Elvis for us is almost a no brainer. I will most likely take it if he lets it go. Remember many of our customers are homeowners and not pinball "players" so titles will sell even if the game play is just so-so. Elvis in this kind of condition will sell. There are a LOT of Elvis fans out there. Thanks for your input!

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

I think you have it down...pretty much Elvis, Iron Man and Spiderman will be worth the most. As you said, the questions is if you can sell the Spiderman with the later versions out, and I would say you are probably going to be looking for the same type of buyer as you are for the Elvis....a non-pinhead. Hulk and Harley are recognizable brands as well, but the games are worth less in the market.

Thanks for the input Manimal. Just about anything will sell here especially in this kind of condition, but of course if I can market it to a wider audience WITH decent game play why not. Just thought I would poke in here and see what you guys thought as you guys most likely have played these all much deeper than I have. I wish I had the time!
    Thanks again

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'll go a different direction and say NBA along with SM and IM. I never... EVER see an NBA for sale. It's ugly as sin, but if it's really an HUO that has to be rare, and I've heard it's actually not that awful of a game to play.

It sure did not sell well, but that most likley why you don't see them. Doubt many were built. That said, thinking about it, it's a sports theme and that alone can sell it for us. Thanks for the input.

Quoted from oohlou:

SM + IM is worth more than a new pin by far. Both those games are easily 4500 each in HUO condition.

To those of us here yes, but retail is a totally different animal. I will never figure it out. I have sold games to people based on colors...no lie.....

#10 6 years ago

BTW, Was the original Stern Batman that bad for you guys to not even get a mention?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

1st: Stern Indy Jones
    (everything else except last)
    Last: Elvis
    Just my opinion.

Quoted from kklank:

Indy
    NBA
    Spider man
    Hulk LE
    Batman
    Rolling Stones LE
    T3
    Iron isn't a vault so I would never buy.
    Monopoly and Elvis(pretty sure Lawlor did both) playfield layout is choppy and not that enjoyable for me.
    Harley - dont enjoy game play.
    All just an opinion.good luck!

Thanks for the input guys!

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

NBA might have a chance if the Bulls become serious contenders and generate some NBA fever...but you are going to have to sit on it for a couple of years...lol

LOL a couple years? More like a decade ha

Quoted from cait001:

Stern Iron Man (Original)
    Stern Terminator 3
    Stern Spiderman

TY!

Quoted from Gravity:

I'd go Spiderman, Iron Man, and Batman if I had to pick 3 from that list. Can't go wrong with superheroes right now. I understand your situation though as retailer. Maybe you want to diversify on titles so you don't cater to one specific grouping. If someone isn't interested in a superhero title, what alternatives do you have that you can show them for a sale? Looking at the list, I'd narrow it down to a superhero pin (Spiderman), movie pin (Indy), and a music pin (Elvis).

Yup...Gonna depend on what he will part with. Although he don't play them much, he does like some of these so we'll see. Either way 3 are coming back in. he is out of room and he had a GBLE, BMLE and a SWLE to get set up yet.

Quoted from vdojaq:

Indy, Iron Man, SM/Elvis

TY

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Spider-Man (by a mile, but I personally love the game!)
    Iron Man
    Indiana Jones

Quoted from snyper2099:

For me, in this order:
    Batman
    Iron Man
    Spiderman
    NBA
    Elvis
    Rolling Stones
    I would leave the rest of them on the side of the road.

Thanks guys. I should know Friday what is coming in.

2 weeks later
    #23 6 years ago

Just an update to those who were interested:

The games that ended up coming in were Stern NBA, Stern Indy Jones and Stern Monopoly. These games are all HUO 100% factory stock with no mods and mint condition. All paperwork still factory sealed and stapled in the cabinets. Total game plays 950 - 1500. Info & pictures at the link below. Scroll down to the "just arrived" used games line listings.
    http://www.hemispheresamusements.com/used-pinball-inventory

I can be reached the fastest at [email protected] as this will come direct to my phone.

Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hemispheres.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-of-most-interest-to-you-guys?tu=hemispheres and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.