(Topic ID: 111502)

What is next Stern title/designer/programmer?

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Double_Dare_Nick_by_Domafox[1].jpg
    hey-dude-drinking-game-with-words[1].jpg
    nelliePlayfield.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I have not been paying attention much but wanted to know what the details are.

Any solid idea on what the next game is?
    Who is the designer? I thought John T was up next again?
    Who is the programmer?
    When will it launch?

#2 9 years ago

At expo, it was revealed that Whoa Nellie will be manufactured by Stern in the Spring 2015.

For the next new title, John Trudeau is up and it was also hinted that this will be a spring release. No other details were released, yet....

#3 9 years ago

Can't wait for the next new stern spring needs to hurry up

#4 9 years ago

OK, so on the line currently is TWD primarily with IMVE, ST, Mustang, Met, and ACDC all listed as currnet on Stern's website which I assume means they are still being made as demand sees fit?

MMr is just around the corner

WMBJM is slated for spring release

John T next game designer also up for spring time.
    Anyone have any good guess or info on what the title will be or who is the programmer?
    I do know that it will have more than 2 flippers which is great news in my book as John T really shines on layouts with more than 2 flippers IMHO.

Also, which distributor usuually is able to get games the quickest from release date? i.e. say I wanted to put a deposit down now for the next game (spring 2015) in a PRO model and wanted to be one of the first to get it (so I can put it on route for others to play) who is the best to go with? also want the best price obviously

#5 9 years ago

any other insider info (rumored) that people can share on the next title or programmer?

#6 9 years ago

The only 3 games we know for sure are coming are:

WNBJM
    KISS
    Terminator Genisys

#7 9 years ago

I read somewhere that Gomez is doing Guardians of the Galaxy.

#8 9 years ago

Well, since we're talking rumors. I heard Game of Thrones and then Kiss.

#9 9 years ago

whatever happened to the muppets rumors? all fake?

#10 9 years ago

nelliePlayfield.jpgnelliePlayfield.jpg
    #11 9 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

For the next new title, John Trudeau is up

Wow, it has been 2 titles since mustang. I forget Stern really only has 3 lead designers (Unless gomez wants to step down from his role).

Stern still has lots of time to work on GOTG (may 2017). Heck, the movie is so pre-production there wouldn't even be a script yet, but they'd be dumb not to do that title (soundtrack alone will sell units).

I'm going to guess KISS will be next. If they already paid for the license, they need to start working on it now.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I read somewhere that Gomez is doing Guardians of the Galaxy.

Gomez is done in more ways than one.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Gomez is done in more ways than one.

Wut?

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

Well, since we're talking rumors. I heard Game of Thrones and then Kiss.

These 2 are of the strongest rumors....take your pick on order.

#15 9 years ago

Dudes is the code name for the next title I was told while at Stern two weeks ago. What title that leads to I have no idea.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Dudes is the code name for the next title

it's about time that tv show got some recognition
    hey-dude-drinking-game-with-words[1].jpghey-dude-drinking-game-with-words[1].jpg

Or maybe they'll surprise us with back to the future?

"What's your name dude?!"

#17 9 years ago

You wanted the best, you got the best !

#18 9 years ago

Stern just posted a redbull drift video....let the rumors fly!!!!

#19 9 years ago

I was wondering about that myself. Not really related to anything pinball or potential theme. Unless Gary really likes drifty car shenanigans or something.

#20 9 years ago

Probably a ken block or redbull extreme game. Appeals to a younger crowd and is fairly popular around the whole world.

SR did NO fear so be a fun new fast game....

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Wow, it has been 2 titles since mustang. I forget Stern really only has 3 lead designers (Unless gomez wants to step down from his role).

"Only?" Was there a time Stern had MORE than 3 full time designers on staff? Borg, Ritchie, and Trudeau are the designers, with Gomez as the lead. That and their beefed-up software team gives them enough staff to create at least 3 new titles/year.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

"Only?" Was there a time Stern had MORE than 3 full time designers on staff?

No, you're right. Just seems like they've been on a hiring frenzy the past couple years, but it's been more support staff than lead designers.

#23 9 years ago

No Fear part deux

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

No Fear part deux

Preorder for sure. (no lie!)

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

No Fear part deux

Sure would be better than-

Quoted from vid1900:

The only 3 games we know for sure are coming are:
    WNBJM
    KISS
    Terminator Genisys

#26 9 years ago

JT's game is a family title. Probably Muppets, but possibly Angry Birds or Jurassic Park.

#27 9 years ago

WNBJM, MMRLE, Iron Maiden or Kiss, Jaws (subject to change), possibly Guardians of the Galaxy later or Terminator. The farther in the future the more subject to change they are.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

JT's game is a family title. Probably Muppets, but possibly Angry Birds or Jurassic Park.

Angry Birds is scrapped.

Muppets is a 50/50 Gary thinks it's to kiddy.

I think Toy Story would be a good sell.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Angry Birds is scrapped.

Hope you are right!

My deposit has been down on Muppets for nearly a year, but would probably accept toy story.

Ps... Maybe see you in MN in a few weeks.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Muppets is a 50/50 Gary thinks it's to kiddy

He's right.

#31 9 years ago

Stern is going slightly ( or not so slightly) adult now. Like when pinball used to be an bad thing to play. Way back in the day...

But with multiple lines running, they could make plenty of fam friendly titles too.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Angry Birds is scrapped.

I would be much happier with any of those or Redbull Adrenaline sports then some of the other junk mentioned.

Really hoping for a great theme I like for John T's next title.
    3 flippers at least! Hopefully Tanio and crew takes my suggestion of more player controlled features also (like player controlled diverts or up-posts). Would love a unique layout and some interesting ruleset (i.e. Congo esque in choose your own adventure style).

#33 9 years ago

As far as music pins are concerned maybe they should give Nugent another shot.

#34 9 years ago

Not to hijack thread, any rumors as to how much they are going to charge for Whoa Nellie?

#35 9 years ago

Wtf is WNBJM? IMHO the GDM abbreviations have gone too far. NLMAO!

#36 9 years ago

Whoa nellie big juicy mellons

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

it's about time that tv show got some recognition

Or maybe they'll surprise us with Back to the Future?
    "What's your name dude?!"
    » YouTube video

hey-dude-drinking-game-with-word... 32 KB

I would love a remake of BTTF or perhaps the other great Nikelodeon shows... salute your shorts.. legends of the hidden temple, are you afraid of the dark?, and you can't do that on television...kinda think of it double dare would be a good theme.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have not been paying attention much but wanted to know what the details are.

Yeah? You gonna buy a new Stern game instead of preordering games that won't deliver for years?

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Not to hijack thread, any rumors as to how much they are going to charge for Whoa Nellie?

Rumor has it will be pricy. I would like to have one, but not when I am used to paying 2k and under for collector quality vintage games.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

Hope you are right!
    My deposit has been down on Muppets for nearly a year, but would probably accept toy story.
    Ps... Maybe see you in MN in a few weeks.

Just wondering, "deposit" with whom and how?
    Can you put a deposit down on a rumour?
    Serious question, only maybe 50% being a smart ass

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Just wondering, "deposit" with whom and how?
    Can you put a deposit down on a rumour?
    Serious question, only maybe 50% being a smart ass

Yeah, its not much money, and at the time the Muppets were a very a strong possibility (rumor). My family likes that I have a placeholder out there, not that I really need one. Someday it'll get made or I'll want to buy whatever is being released. No real worries here, even though I wouldn't do it again...

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Yeah? You gonna buy a new Stern game instead of preordering games that won't deliver for years?

possibly for route. I am out of room at home so preordering games that take years works for both my budget and space constraints.

I do really enjoy many John T games, so hoping his next one is something with a fun layout and good theme.

#43 9 years ago

I'm looking at the playfield for Whoa Nellie... If you factor out the art, it seems kinda retro/boring, no? Has anyone played one of the proof of concept units?

#44 9 years ago

You might not be the target audience. Not at all fair to equate those terms, imho.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

you can't do that on television...kinda think of it double dare

went back and watched a little bit of YCDTOT on youtube, really doesn't hold up. It was definitely geared toward pre-teens.

Double Dare would be interesting, both from a retro standpoint and the challenges. Maybe it could follow the show and have questions you could answer on the DMD during the game. Could also have some neat artwork on the playfield.
    Double_Dare_Nick_by_Domafox[1].jpgDouble_Dare_Nick_by_Domafox[1].jpg

#46 9 years ago

I heard MLP is coming with colorchanging leds... they'll reuse stern hd parts to make the horse prance.

I wonder in what price category the melons pinball will be...
    Is that price of "the pin", "pro model" or "limited edition"?

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Rumor has it will be pricy. I would like to have one, but not when I am used to paying 2k and under for collector quality vintage games.

Just what I didn't want to hear

At least it means more than three out there!

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

went back and watched a little bit of YCDTOT on youtube, really doesn't hold up. It was definitely geared toward pre-teens.
    Double Dare would be interesting, both from a retro standpoint and the challenges. Maybe it could follow the show and have questions you could answer on the DMD during the game. Could also have some neat artwork on the playfield.

Double_Dare_Nick_by_Domafox[1].j... 62 KB

Yeah that ought to sell at least 3 or 4 pins.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Double_Dare_Nick_by_Domafox[1].j... 62 KB

I was a on the show in 1987 in 7th grade...never made it to Space Camp though

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Just what I didn't want to hear
    At least it means more than three out there!

There's at least five. The original EM conversion that Pinsane has, the three others they did, and at least one home-brewed one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-next-stern-titledesignerprogrammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.