Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Amenvox
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

alien-0116_cigar.gif
    -ufos.gif
    cyclops09.gif
    movie.gif
    thingheads.gif
    clown_scare.gif
    its_alive.gif
    There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

With WOZ , Predator , Xmen, PinballInventors games and some of the other new manufacturer titles not from the US coming out, does anyone know what will be next from Stern Or Jersey Jack ?

Robocop with the new movie coming out next year could be a good one to revisit ? The original Data East machine in my opinion was not bad.

I still think a NEW Rambo or Rocky(original Gottlieb is now a classic) could have been awesome , could still be(in a late model Pin) if someone used all the characters.

Good to see Predator finally coming after the movie was released 25 years ago.

Some other old movies would be great like The Warriors (1979) if they ever eventually remake the movie which they seem to have been talking on and off for about 5 years that could be a great them.

Any feedback ? ? ?

Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Avengers.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

Lately Jersey Jack has been saying "yes, no, maybe so" about The Hobbit for JJP #2. With the recent announcement that it will be a 3 movie project, I'm guessing that The Hobbit slips to JJP #3. I think JJP#2 will be the much hinted at unlicensed pin. That could prove to be very interesting.

#4 11 years ago

I think it's Avengers but I'd rather have a Futurama pin.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I think it's Avengers but I'd rather have a Futurama pin.

Well, I guess they'd sell at least one of those...

#6 11 years ago

For Stern I'm really thinking it will be resident evil. Zombies are hot right now and stern will not do back to back super hero pins...my opinion anyway.

As someone said in another thread: "Braaaaaaainsssss!"

#7 11 years ago

Carl Sagan...

"Billions & billions of Multiballs"

#8 11 years ago

If it ain't Avengers I will eat my hat

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Carl Sagan...
    "Billions & billions of Multiballs"

Stern would have to paint the balls pale blue, and guys don't want blue balls.

#10 11 years ago

The rumour is Avengers, which I kind of hope is not true as I really do not want another dream theme being fudged up by Gomez.

#11 11 years ago

I have no knowledge on possibilities but I would buy a Zombie (Resident Evil / Walking Dead) or Futurama.

#12 11 years ago

What comes after X-Men is predictable.

A few months of complaints about the software. Reports of things breaking. A drop in the Pinside ratings. And then the release of "The Best Pin Ever" before anyone has played game one.

I know. I called the Psychic Hotline and talked to Mistress Cleo.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Well, I guess they'd sell at least one of those...

Futurama would be awesome. I would buy one, FiveSixPyro would, kwiKimart would, so we are up to 3 already in this short thread.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

A few months of complaints about the software. Reports of things breaking. A drop in the Pinside ratings. And then the release of "The Best Pin Ever" before anyone has played game one.

If Stern would listen to their customer base then this prediction will not come true.

A Predict SOS different day. Gomez is doing Avengers and I do not think its going to be anywhere as good as Tron,X-men or AC/DC. Gomez can make a good game consistently though besides LOTR he rarely makes great games

Gomez games Ranked in my opinion
    LOTR
    TFLE
    BMDK
    Sopranos

- These all seem to have a similar layout

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

^^^nailed it^^^

I have ESPN

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Avengers.
    LTG

Loved the movie want the pin!

#17 11 years ago

I think Jersey Jack should make an Attack From Mars-like pin next. (maybe Mars Attacks or War of the Worlds)...then, if rumor is true...The Hobbit...

its_alive.gifits_alive.gif

#18 11 years ago

What is next for Stern after XMEN ?

#19 11 years ago

Some say Avengers.
    Some say they won't make 2 super hero pins in a row.
    Some say Zombies.
    Oy

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I think Jersey Jack should make an Attack from Mars-like pin next. (maybe Mars Attacks or War of the Worlds)...then, if rumor is true...The Hobbit...

One based on the original War of the Worlds film would be great! Please NOT the remake.

#21 11 years ago

Of course NOT the re-make. Thanks for clearing that up.

#22 11 years ago

Soooo hard to stay on topic.... : )

#23 11 years ago

Killer Zombies from Outer Space. Sounds like a SPFXTed film.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Killer Zombies from Outer Space. Sounds like a SPFXTed film.

I still think they should do a hybrid theme; something like Nirvana vs. Aliens would be great.

#25 11 years ago

Combo LSU Tigers / New Orleans Saints / Mardi Gras pin called Orgy of Awesome!

#26 11 years ago

Actually I'm writing a film now called Zombie-A-GoGo....no lie

clown_scare.gifclown_scare.gif

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Combo LSU Tigers / New Orleans Saints / Mardi Gras pin called Orgy of Awesome!

While I am sure it would sell extremely poorly country and worldwide . . . I would be all over that combo!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

While I am sure it would sell extremely poorly country and worldwide . . . I would be all over that combo!

If they made that theme you could preorder the Les Miles BCS Choke LE! I kid, I kid...

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

If they made that theme you could preorder the Les Miles BCS Choke LE! I kid, I kid...

I seriously blocked that game out of my memory. I do remember Les's first game as a tiger though against ASU in 2005 though.

#30 11 years ago

Why not Escape From New York ? Still think Robocop could be good with the new movie next year .............

#31 11 years ago

I'd love to see Futurama, a second South Park, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and just about any John Carpenter themed Pin (Halloween, the Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from New York, They Live).

#32 11 years ago

Only The Thing would get me to part with some cash!

thingheads.gifthingheads.gif

#33 11 years ago

I think a Rob Zombie themed Zombie Pin would be a cool way to go. I'm still holding out hope for Muppets, Nightmare Before X-mas, Goonies, Matrix, and Futurama, but hey, a guy can dream, can't he!

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I seriously blocked that game out of my memory. I do remember Les's first game as a tiger though against ASU in 2005 though.

I'm an SEC transplant, grew up Roll Tide, went to UF. College Football is worthless out here... lol.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from chinesedentist:

Big Trouble in Little China

That would be pretty sweet indeed. I can't believe that movie is 26 years old now. How time flies! I'd love to see a Breaking Bad pin too although I know that will not happen.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Only The Thing would get me to part with some cash!

That is going to give me nightmares.

#36 11 years ago

That I would part with cash ...or The Thing

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

College Football is worthless out here.

Ummm.... Pac-12 anyone?

#38 11 years ago

Zombies or Resident Evil are the only themes from Stern that I would jump on day one, sight unseen....

As for JJP, please let it be an unlicensed creative pin! NO Hobbit...

#39 11 years ago

A zombie pin being released around Halloween and Expo would be sweet.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Actually I'm writing a film now called Zombie-A-GoGo....no lie

While you're in Troma territory, it sounds more like a Charles Band vehicle. Either way, count me in for the premier!

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

College Football is worthless out here... lol.

Hey buddy watch out. our college football is all we care about out here. Have the cardinals but they are a joke especially this year.

ASU grad and native.

#42 11 years ago

While you're in Troma territory, it sounds more like a Charles Band vehicle. Either way, count me in for the premier!

You're IN!

movie.gifmovie.gif

#43 11 years ago

A bit of trivia, but John Carpenter's the Thing features this pinball table: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1148

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Avengers.
    LTG

Avengers is the third biggest gross movie in history so it will be done.

#45 11 years ago

I think let Nordman design an original

#46 11 years ago

Tired of Superheroes.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

I think let Nordman design an original

+1
    Would really like to see another Original.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Tired of Superheroes.

Yeah but Gary and the investors at stern are most likely not sick of the dollars superhero themes put in their pockets, with that said Avengers Assemble!!

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Yeah but Gary and the investors at stern are most likely not sick of the dollars superhero themes put in their pockets, with that said Avengers Assemble!!

Gary knows that distributors will order a ton of Avengers so it is a no brainer. The LE's will sell out as we are still in that phase. Avengers was 95% certain next. Guess they could delay it if they have something else ready?

#50 11 years ago

I hope they wait on Avengers till the next movie.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-next-for-stern-after-xmen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.