(Topic ID: 152795)

What is more important to you when playing pinball?

By DadofTwins

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chadsugg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

It seems like every game I play it's always a high score I am after and the objective kind of goes off to the side. You would think that playing with the objectives as your goal would correlate to a high score but that's not always true. So, how do you play? What is your goal?

#2 8 years ago

Having fun, watching the ball do cool things, and objectives. I don't care about score. Playing an exploit to get a large score has zero desire to me....

#3 8 years ago

Score matters not, unless you are in a tourney. I want to get to the progress through the game.

#4 8 years ago

I am an average player, and once I recognized that and stopped getting so frustrated with every ball drain pinball became exponentionally more fun. I like to work on certain objectives, work on my shots etc., and just enjoy the creativity and engineering that went into these great works of art.

#5 8 years ago

If it's a game I've never played before I want to see what all the toys do and make all the shots . Score means nothing .

#6 8 years ago

A colored screen is more important since I look up very often while playing.

#7 8 years ago

If I'm playing in the arcade, it's all about the extra ball, maximizing play time, and trying to place my initials in a high score slot (there's nothing better than smugly walking away from a game with the high score music playing, and your initials flashing).

At home, it's all about progressing as deeply into the rules as possible. Getting extra balls and specials are nice, but since there's no "risk" in losing out on a buck or two, I just want to complete as many objectives as possible.

#8 8 years ago

I just work toward "beating" the game, getting to the last mode, etc. If high scores happen, sweet, if not coin up again!

#9 8 years ago

My goal is to beat the machine.

#10 8 years ago

It depends. If I step up to a game that has a high score that I know I can't beat in the time I have to spend at that location, I ignore it and just progress through the game. If it's within striking distance, I'll go for it for sure and that's all I care about. If it get it, then I go and just try and beat the game.

#11 8 years ago

On location? Earning a free game. Depending on the scores, maybe to crack the top 5 too.

#12 8 years ago

Wizard mode or bust... Pre wizard mode, is multiball and jackpots.

#13 8 years ago

I like to rack up the Super Bonus and the bonus multipliers on the old Bally games. On newer games I'm happy to get a few multiballs and figure out what the heck to do. Beating the current high score (even if it's one of mine) never gets old.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

If I'm playing in the arcade, it's all about the extra ball, maximizing play time, and trying to place my initials in a high score slot (there's nothing better than smugly walking away from a game with the high score music playing, and your initials flashing).
    At home, it's all about progressing as deeply into the rules as possible. Getting extra balls and specials are nice, but since there's no "risk" in losing out on a buck or two, I just want to complete as many objectives as possible.

This ^^

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-more-important-to-you-when-playing-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.