(Topic ID: 296651)

What is missing in my lineup?

By bkaelin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Here is my lineup:
    Funhouse
    Addams Family
    White Water
    Twilight Zone
    Williams Indiana Jones
    Monster Bash
    Medieval Madness
    Lord of the Rings

Which newer game(s) would complement this collection?

#2 2 years ago

Dialed In.

That would give you four Pat Lawlor pins.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago

Deadpool - 3 Gomezes

#5 2 years ago

Punny Factory.

#6 2 years ago

Time to invite a machine from a different manufacturer. Maybe American Pinball (Houdini or Hot Wheels) or Spooky Pinball ( TNA or R&M ) . Pick your flavor.
    -Mike

#7 2 years ago

Any stern music pin

#8 2 years ago

TNA-Beatles-Haggis Fathom. Something old school with modern tech. They’re awesome.

#9 2 years ago

JJP Willy Wonka would compliment your collection well i think.

#10 2 years ago

You need some EMs of different vintages and early SS pins as well.

#11 2 years ago

This was gonna be my answer also

Quoted from LTG:

Dialed In.

#12 2 years ago

Bad Cats

#13 2 years ago

That’s an extremely strong lineup. Elvira’s HoH is another game coded by Lyman, and is the deepest and varied game I’ve seen in years. Shots are similar to MB but does not feel like it at all

#14 2 years ago

A rock game like zeppelin or areosmith would go well with your lineup. Also, look at a superhero game like batman 66

#15 2 years ago

Creature From the Black Lagoon would look good next to MB.

I agree with people that said TNA. Easy game to explain to non pinball people that might come over.

#16 2 years ago

PTC for sure.

#17 2 years ago

Go out and play a bunch to find out for yourself. No one knows what you like except you.

#18 2 years ago

I really think you need a good tough early solid state. Flash Gordon, Paragon, Eight Ball Deluxe, Space Shuttle, just to name a few. This era of games is the most addictive, imho. They keep you pressing start all night long. Incredible replay value.

#19 2 years ago

a System 11 game

#20 2 years ago

Clearly EHOH.

#21 2 years ago

Whatever I'm selling.

#22 2 years ago

No kidding though. You have been here a long time and obviously know your way around pins. What I see missing is a modern game with LED display. You have a mix of licesnesd and unlicensed. If I was in your position I would be all over Alien (assuming they are shipping by now). Or maybe the new Jurassic Park. You don't seem to be in comics so I won't suggest those themes. If you wanted a JJP, you would probably have one in the mix already.

edit: or another A list 90's pin you haven't had yet.

#23 2 years ago

Early SS or EM; Viking, Skateball, Slick Chick, Travel Time, Big Game, 4 Million BC are some of my favorites but obviously my taste will differ from yours

#24 2 years ago

Hot wheels or Deadpool

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from bkaelin:

Here is my lineup:
    Funhouse
    Addams Family
    White Water
    Twilight Zone
    Williams Indiana Jones
    Monster Bash
    Medieval Madness
    Lord of the Rings

You are looking for a game to “compliment your collection”? The newest game you have is LOTR…. Came out in 2003. There are 25+ years of games before 2003 that are fun and 18 years after…

You have all cookie cutter popular “collectable” pinball titles minus maybe Attack from Mars made between 1990 and 2003. Are you looking for the perfect “newer” cookie cutter game that you are still missing made after 2003?

What are you “missing” though? You probably think it’s a modern game like AFM (Stranger Things?) but you could be missing the point of pinball… You are missing so much more than a single perfect newer machine to finish your collection. You really don’t want opinions on Pinside telling you how to spend your money right? Pinball is so many different things now to so many that own games. For some it’s a business, for some it’s a collection, for some it’s a competition, for some it’s family fun time, for some it’s something to tinker with and repair, for some it’s none of those things and for others it’s all of those things.

It’s no longer fair to ask this question on this pinball forum because quite frankly, it’s not the right question. Cookie cutter collection games don’t really exist post 2003… pinball customers, locations, and companies changed enough after that and morphed into what we have now which is a sea of fantastic games where nothing stands out quite yet as a “classic” because they are all so similar that they all mesh together into good and great titles, with nothing standing out quite like the other machines you own that are 18 years old. and much older… after all LOTR is a legal adult now!

#26 2 years ago

Nice lineup btw. You need a Sttng immediately and a stern star trek asap

#27 2 years ago

Your also missing a kickass system 11 game like F14 or SOF

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

You really don’t want opinions on Pinside telling you how to spend your money right?

Thanks to you (and everyone else) for your comments. I appreciate the insight and feedback of others. It helps me understand and then articulate my own developing perspectives. I've received some great guidance over the years within this community, thanks again.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What I see missing is a modern game with LED display...Or maybe the new Jurassic Park.

I was thinking about the new Jurassic Park.

#30 2 years ago

Fair enough. I would possibly look at the best SAM games and the best Stern Spike 2 games and pick one of those. (Iron Maiden Tron Metallica AC/DC Walking Dead Deadpool Jurassic Park AvengersIQ) A lot of fun Stern titles. JJP has a couple of fun overpriced titles but nothing epic. A lot of home pinball players are looking to own titles that they can never completely experience so they don’t see everything the game has to offer in a couple games. That’s cool but just not for me. I like those games every once in a while but I don’t want to play a 40 minute long game of pinball.

Most people in pinball could care less about the technical reasons why WhiteStar, SAM, and the Spike systems were all created and continue to be improved upon but I do know and I appreciate it. The technical advantages each system achieved are very valid for so many reasons. I respect and continue to enjoy nearly all Stern releases in the last 3-4 years. A really fun time right now with programmers and designers of the pinball.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Dialed In.

I sold Whirlwind yesterday, and recently sold Earthshaker.
    I've always been a Lawlor fan.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from bkaelin:

What is missing in my lineup? ...

Any game new in the last 15 years. Take your pick - lots to choose from!

Enjoy!

#33 2 years ago

Capt. Fantastic....Wizard.....Old Chicago....Fireball

#34 2 years ago

I think you need a fast and mean game like Iron Man or BSD

#35 2 years ago

Creature or HSII . . .

#36 2 years ago

I think you have a few too many Williams games. Maybe sell me your IJ.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I think you need a fast and mean game like Iron Man or BSD

Good call! Throw Fish Tales and maybe TWD in as a newer option .

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Deadpool - 3 Gomezes

Honestly, you can add Deadpool to any collection, since the playfield is so unique.

#40 2 years ago

EHOH was immediately my first thought. I also liked the suggestions of a classic SS but you asked for newer games. Jurassic Park also a good choice, and I noticed no rock pins in your collection, so you could easily fit in one like AC/DC or Guns & Roses.

#41 2 years ago

I'd start with an EM and early SS.

#42 2 years ago

I picked up a Star Wars premium a few months ago and absolutely love it. Every game feels so different, I don't see it ever getting stale.

#43 2 years ago

Try a more modern game with LCD screen. I love 80's/90's era pins, but the more modern pins I play, I gravitate more towards them. Deadpool and Avengers Infinity Quest are excellent for home collections.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from bkaelin:

I was thinking about the new Jurassic Park.

Very nice collection, JP would be a nice choice. Elwin has three sweet games in a row (I think JP is the best of the 3). Some of the best moderns to chose from. Coding on JP is top notch and layout is fantastic.

#45 2 years ago

Great line up, @BKaelin!

I gotta say that I LOVE my Houdini. It not only looks great, but plays really uniquely. Different than anything I see on your list.
    The game haunts me and makes me come back for more. The magnet system is really fun. The modes haven't gotten old at all. Inverted Straight Jacket mode is SO clever. Great fun. And, its really well made and supported by American Pinball.

(pssst... this is RBerryessa )

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from Quint_of_Dust:

Great line up, bkaelin!
    I gotta say that I LOVE my #Houdini. It not only looks great, but plays really uniquely. Different than anything I see on your list.
    The game haunts me and makes me come back for more. The magnet system is really fun. The modes haven't gotten old at all. Inverted Straight Jacket mode is SO clever. Great fun. And, its really well made and supported by American Pinball.
    (pssst... this is RBerryessa )

I completely agree. Houdini is an underrated game IMO. It’s innovative, fun, challenging, well-built and AP stands behind their product, unlike JJP and sometimes Stern. I can’t say enough good things about Houdini and AP.

#47 2 years ago

I'd go fast, brutal and new - BKSOR Prem/LE would be a no-brainer. It's like a modern S11 game, and probably my fav pin in the collection right now (and I have JP2, which I LOVE, but keep going back to BKSOR for ONE MORE GAME)

So, you won't go wrong with JP2 or BKSOR. If I was on a desert island with only 1 pin, ya, I'd probably take JP2 - Elwin games will just make you smile, and it's got depth, and shot satisfaction. But... you got LotR for that. Hey, wait, honestly - trade in LotR for JP2 and add BKSOR. DONE

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-missing-in-my-lineup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.