25%
  • TOTAN 74 votes
    25%
  • CV 92 votes
    31%
  • WCS94 56 votes
    19%

(296 votes)

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

I like TOTAN very much but I have to go with CV for my fave Jpop game
The game is fun to play and its beautiful (and my Daughter absolutely loves it)

#102 11 years ago

totan, followed closely by cv( home rom is great). Tom also beautiful game but , not in same league as totan and cv imo. jpop my favorite designer.

#103 11 years ago

TOTAN! The theme is awesome and the machine is a work of art through and through. I also like having the pop bumpers out of the beaten path for a change of pace compared to my other pins.

Actually, I love all of JPOP's work and would be happy with any of his machines. I didn't blink deciding to get in on BHZA.

#104 11 years ago

CV is my favorite of his tables. I love the subtleties that make it unusual- like the judges ( a robot, cat, bird, Reincewind?). The DMD location and the humor of the game is great. The colors are stunning. That table was a grand slam and on my wish list!

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

CV with WCS94 a close second

I'm changing my vote (unofficially since I can't change the poll) to ToM with CV close behind (and WCS close behind that) as I am picking up a ToM this weekend

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You CAN'T turn off the copycat video mode! That's the one that sucks!

I love Copycat! My memory sucks, so it's always fun to try and get the extra ball. Roonie on the other hand, UGH! I always let him crash and burn into the first hurdle. I didn't even know you could turn just him off. I need to look into that.

#107 11 years ago

It's a pretty close race between CV and TOTAN. Even ToM isn't that far behind.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from jpop:

you must have esp....

Oh my, did you just leak info!?

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Oh my, did you just leak info!?

We're gonna have to sue John for violating his own NDA ...

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You CAN'T turn off the copycat video mode! That's the one that sucks!

Yeah, I dump that one by hitting the wrong button on the first try and I'm back to the game.

Kim

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Roonie on the other hand, UGH! I always let him crash and burn into the first hurdle. I didn't even know you could turn just him off. I need to look into that.

ROONIE TIMER
This sets the time (in seconds) for which the Amazing Roonie video mode runs. Set this to 'off' to disable the mode.

CANNON MODE TIME
This sets the time (in seconds) for which the Cannon Fire video mode runs. Set this to 'off' to disable the mode.

For additional information Hassell Castle did an outstanding job on his web page.
http://www.hassellcastle.com/cirqustech.htm

Kim

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Yep,that's my opinion, I'm sorry if it doesn't agree with you.

Only an Aussie could love the Roonie Video mode. AFMs video mode is great...there arent really any others that I think are better. FT has a good one as does JY.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Only an Aussie could love the Roonie Video mode. AFMs video mode is great...there arent really any others that I think are better. FT has a good one as does JY.

"Only an Aussie could love the Rooine Video mode" he he.. Maybe so,but it comes right home to the southern part of Australia.

Yes,a kangaroo that jumps stuff and then is off to the" footy". I love it! It's the icon of the North Melbourne football club.

#114 11 years ago

I voted CV as its my favorite of all of John's games. Great rule set on an interesting playfield design with lot's of options to play the game. Not a fan of video mode in general but these are not worse than any other pin's video modes. I think WCS is underrated and would love to own again sometime. Especially since its still affordable compared to the others. I've had them all except for TOTAN but CV would be the first to come back.

JPops designs are imaginative and often have nods back to the history of pinball. Rollovers, pop up bumpers, lamp spinner, etc that are neat to see and play.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's a pretty close race between CV and TOTAN. Even ToM isn't that far behind.

CV has a 17 vote advantage over TOTAN, with ToM closely behind TOTAN.

I agree with the majority who have voted thus far. CV is JPop's best work. I just snagged a sweet low play HUO CV. Can't wait to take delivery!

2 years later
#116 8 years ago

I still get the urge to play TOM now and then, but none of the others really do anything for me.

#117 8 years ago

r u bored or something?

#118 8 years ago

Not really. Just last night I was thinking about the ToM I used to have and kind of wanted to put a game on it and wondered if I did the right thing selling it. Also remembered how fun it was when it first hit the arcades.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I still get the urge to play TOM now and then, but none of the others really do anything for me.

TOM is far ahead for me. WCS, CV, TOTAN all have their pros and cons, but TOM is the best player by a mile.

#120 8 years ago

I was one of those hoping RAZA would be his greatest. Fail.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I was one of those hoping RAZA would be his greatest Fail.

It would qualify as one of them.

#122 8 years ago

CV all the way. ToM got old fast. WCS is ok and TOTAN, well I owned one for about 2 months. Not challenging enough. It's ok but not a fav. CV is amazing once you join the circus. It's totally a new game. One of my fav's for sure. It all looks amazing with LED's.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from jpop:

those that say my stuff sucks...please say it to my face!! I want to look into your beady eyes! And then tell me how to make it *better* if you are the expert.

Pre 2000 - Everything back in the Williams days was accomplished by you working with professionals. The professionals were the ones who carried you and actually brought the games to fruition.

Post 2000 - Your games suck!!!! I'll look you straight in YOUR beady little brown eyes and say this to your face, tough guy.

You can make it better by finishing your games for your customers, DUMB ASS!!!!!

Prove me wrong!!!!!

QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-jpops-best-game/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.