(Topic ID: 215650)

What is John Popadiuk's Greatest game and the one CGC should do first?

By FarFromHeaven26

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Tommy-dog
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which John Popadiuk pinball machine should CGC do first? CV, TOTAN or TOM?”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180429-180708 (resized).png
C9CA6F40-A308-4304-A3BB-CDD7879974B9 (resized).jpeg
67277529-3280-4E3D-8D47-F589727F6A3B (resized).png
85AA220C-36A9-4E89-BA54-F2DC68E28E5B (resized).jpeg
bag o dicks (resized).jpg
3 dots (resized).png
Cirqus-Voltaire-Pinball-Machine (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago

How much of any of those games did he actually design? I like TOM the best and I use to love CV on location, but then I owned one and it just didn't hold my interest at home. Ultimately , I agree there are better options than jpop pins. I should note as others have mentioned, that they are absolutely beautiful games. The problem (IMO) is they just aren't as fun as most of the pins produced in that era.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

To sell really well as a remake, the originals have to be in the $8000-$10000+ range on the used market. Theatre of Magic is usually in the $6s for a nice one. TOTAN BARELY makes it in the high 7s and low 8s. Cirqus doesn't make it, stick in the mis 6s and low 7s. I just can't see CGC giving priority to ANY of these for a long time.

I use to think that would be the case, but you can't disregard the thrill someone might get for that NIB feeling and being the first to play a game. I know unboxing a game is a one time thrill, but I think some people would take a remake over an original for that very reason.

Plus the fact that hopefully, it should be years before you have any major issues.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Ha. This thread is great. With all the j poop hate, I either missed or didn't realize the deuche nozzle actually made some well liked games.
Who'da thunk?

I think the jury is still out on what he's done as far as his actual level of contributions to the games he gets credit for designing . As far as I can tell his only real skill is picking out other people's eye catching artwork and slapping it on a game.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unfortunately with JPop's designs the thrill is gone real fast because they're just too easy for even middling players. I can't see someone being thrilled spending $9000 for a JPOP LE remake for very long. I really can't see CGC doing any of them. The economics just won't work out for a long time, especially if another pin bust is coming (as it likely has to).

Normally, I would agree with you, but then I think about how many times people on here have been screwed by the prepaid purchase system. It makes you realize that emotional purchases will always prevail over common sense for a huge number of people.

#148 5 years ago

Jpop is a creative genius?? Now I've heard everything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 11.95
$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-john-papadiuk-greatest-game-and-the-one-cgc-should-really-be-r?tu=honch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.