(Topic ID: 18242)

What is JJP Next Game?

By pinbill_blocked

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bettyboopangel.gif
    100_0027.JPG
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I'm already bored with WOZ and i haven't even played it yet (i have one on order).

At least Stern just dumps out the game to all at once so there's not countless amounts of speculation on every single little aspect of the game. I'm so sick of WOZ!!!!

So whats next at JJP? (no speculating, facts only)

#2 11 years ago

Fact: Nobody knows. Fact: He has the rights to the Hobbit.

#3 11 years ago

For the next one, It's either the Hobbit or...... the Hobbit.

#4 11 years ago

Hobbit ... that sucks!
    I want him to make Adventure in Zombieland and have it released before jpoops.

#5 11 years ago

That would be great if he launched a zombie game with Nordman. Then we wouldn't be wasting what's likely to be the only zombie themed game ever made on a G-rated Disney'esque farce.

#6 11 years ago

I got out of Jpoops game for the obvious reasons but if JJP made a game with a similar theme, i'd pay in full upfront.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinbill_blocked:

I got out of Jpoops game for the obvious reasons

Just curious, but what might those be?

I personally wonder if the game will ever get made. I mean, his team has like 3 games in the works at the same time with nothing to show. Ben scrapped his last side project because he admitted it sucked. I would hope lack of solid details is just the result of the nda's issued to the buyers. I just wouldn't be completely surprised either way.

#8 11 years ago

Hobbit ... that sucks!
    I want him to make Adventure in Zombieland and have it released before jpoops.

I couldn't agree more, I'd put my $ down today if this was going to happen.

Robert

#9 11 years ago

I can tell you it will be a wide body !

Jim

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Just curious, but what might those be?

It seems very high risk to me, especially with no track record of manufacturing a pinball machine or anything else. He hides any evidence of Magic Girl progress which i would think he'd be proud of, showing off what he's done and getting people excited about his future projects. And while deposits are fully refundable, what happens if he files bankruptcy? Who are you going to get your money back from? It's also too long of a timeline for the final product and to tie up that much money. Even JJP was forced to push back his release for months due to the difficulty of the manufacturing process. I used to approve business loans before i retired and there are just too many unanswered questions for my comfort level.

I've got to give JJ credit for giving buyers updates and showing progress. I ordered after I saw the layout and LCD.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I can tell you it will be a wide body !
    Jim

Are you serious??

I was thinking that having got a widebody template he might make another..........

#12 11 years ago

He hides any evidence of Magic Girl progress which i would think he'd be proud of, showing off what he's done and getting people excited about his future projects.

The MG owners I know of are thrilled and have also bought BHZA....fyi.....

And the biggest risk to me is that Jpop dies......bankruptcy is a zero issue risk! There are no loans here and if he had to file bankruptcy it would be personal bankruptcy and wouldn't affect the project at all....

And for the rest of what you said

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

bankruptcy is a zero issue risk!

If he spends all the customers money with suppliers and runs out of money halfway through the project, what's going to happen? You don't think he's using your money to get the project rolling? What happens if one of his suppliers goes out of business after he's paid them?

Gene lost hundreds of thousands of on BBB because things didn't go as planned. Does Jpop have big money to cover unexpected costs?

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

And for the rest of what you said []

You're very open minded. If you read what i said, it was just beyond my comfort level.

#15 11 years ago

If he spends all the customers money with suppliers and runs out of money halfway through the project, what's going to happen? You don't think he's using your money to get the project rolling? What happens if one of his suppliers goes out of business after he's paid them?

That's why, like with most construction projects, there are progress payments and not all up front......but I'm very open to the risks involved and choose to take it, no big deal...I don't think the Jpoop references were necessary but whatever....

The risk of bankruptcy is MUCH higher with a guy like Stern and the amount owed to suppliers etc....how do we know the progression of cranking out these pins isn't a ponzi scheme...you don't...

#16 11 years ago

Fact is it's certainly not Elvira
    Don't know what it could be.

#17 11 years ago

PinBill - you reflect the same concerns I had and though I was and am excited over the features and theme proposed, I couldn't justify the risk personally. I know its supposedly 100% refundable but, with a BK, all bets are off. I hope its a success and he produces some amazing games in the because it could only be good for the hobby. If he succeeds, I may be up for his next pin someday.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

Fact is it's certainly not Elvira
    Don't know what it could be.

Are you sure of that?

I would possibly be up for Hobbit or Zombies. Really, I would have bitten on WoZ but, just couldn't stomach the theme. I really wish it had been something else.

Jack needs to produce something for us guys next time.

#19 11 years ago

For me WOZ was one of the worst themes for a pinball I can think of. And I don't say this to bash JJP. I hope the game will be great and they make a lot of money with it. WOZ is great for american kids and people that grown up with it. Sry guys, I just don't like that movie. And that is not cause it's an old movie. I love the "Münchhausen" movie that came out the same time. But I think these movies are bound to their time and country. You have to translate the theme. The "Wicked" Musical was good, but there the focus is on the witch "Elphaba". The original WOZ just isn't cool anymore.

So at the one side I hope for the next theme JJP picks something fresh and universal, but I also hope it's something that is a little bit special like WOZ is. I don't like mainstream but it should be something that people in europe like the same than people in the USA. No music or superheros themes!

The hobbit would be great but would that be based on the book or on the movies? There will be 2 parts and it would be to early if the material covers just the first The Hobbit Movie.

I would like to have a sport pinball theme, perhaps Ice Hockey.

#20 11 years ago

95% sure. Have it from a distributor of JJP.
    What I've been told (which could be lies...) : seems Elvira (Cassandra) is interested but only wants to work together with Greg and Dennis, while Jack doesn't want to commit to this design team, when he has a license he wants to keep his options open. So a new Elvira pin will not be a JJP license.

However I really hope Greg and Dennis do get started, maybe do the project themselves in their own name/company (like WhoaNellie) as I really would love to see a new Elvira pinball machine.

#21 11 years ago

Almost certainly not time for another pin between WOZ and the release of The Hobbit Pt 2 which is only 18 months away. I suspect the 2nd JJP pin will be The Hobbit released as close to the release of the 2nd movie as possible. Personally I'd rather they take their time and not rush the release just to coincide with the films but financially it makes sense to. It depends how much access they would get given to the films during development. If it was up to me I would perhaps release an early version in December 2013 to take advantage of the film's hype and then do a huge software update later on once the films have been released and the game can compliment the finished films properly.

#22 11 years ago

Ok, if it's "The Hobbit" and they make it like you said and release it December 2013 and cover the 2. Part, all I can say is I will buy one. ^^

#23 11 years ago

The Hobbit, with a sweet dragon toy!!!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

However I really hope Greg and Dennis do get started, maybe do the project themselves in their own name/company (like WhoaNellie) as I really would love to see a new Elvira pinball machine.

In full agreement. I could live w/ a Hobbit theme, but seeing as JJP has the talents of Nordman & Feres on contract, I would love to see another Elvira machine. (maybe even another horror/humor pin w/out Elvira, but she would be my first preference)

#25 11 years ago

Should I sell my LOTR and get the hobbit?

#26 11 years ago

Please do something original....Vampires versus Werewolves and both being hunted by rednecks!

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Should I sell my LOTR and get the hobbit?

IF the Hobbit comes out...I will actually be debating that exact question...

#28 11 years ago

I don't think Elvira or zombies will be happening with JJP.

He stated he will be producing themes with a universal appeal designed to cater to a broad spectrum of potential purchasers. These obscure, niche type themes don't fit the business model.

Part of the goal is to take pinball out of the taverns, pool halls and bowling alleys and make it more mainstream. Whether or not you like the WOZ theme, it does accomplish this goal.

#29 11 years ago

Hard for me to believe Cassandra would turn down a deal because of the design team....

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

.Vampires versus Werewolves and both being hunted by rednecks!

The hills around here have been cleansed of those creatures for years.

#31 11 years ago

I heard it was the "Devil wears Prada" JJP is starting to have the same cost cutting issues as Stern and will be reusing the Ruby Red Shoes flippers....

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Does anyone want to sell me their share in the JPop Zombie pin?

Robert

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Does anyone want to sell me their share in the JPop Zombie pin?

I just had to give up mine. Email JPOP he is very cool.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

I heard it was the "Devil wears Prada" JJP is starting to have the same cost cutting issues as Stern and will be reusing the Ruby Red Shoes flippers....

I wish it was an original theme but it seems like they will go in a different direction. Most likely the hobbit.

#35 11 years ago

I would like to see JJP do a sci-fi theme.

#36 11 years ago

Yeah, seriously, if there isn't a wizard mode that culminates with some kind of Bard killing Smaug wizard mode, I'm out.

Better be a big-ass Lonely Mountain at the top of the playfield with a ball rolling through it somehow.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I just had to give up mine. Email JPOP he is very cool.

Sorry to hear you are out..... I agree JPOP is very cool

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

He stated he will be producing themes with a universal appeal designed to cater to a broad spectrum of potential purchasers. These obscure, niche type themes don't fit the business model.
    Part of the goal is to take pinball out of the taverns, pool halls and bowling alleys and make it more mainstream. Whether or not you like the WOZ theme, it does accomplish this goal.

You know who buys pin? Guys that love Elvira, that's who.. Elvira/zombies would outsell WOZ guaranteed... WOZ does appeal to a bigger demographic (woman/children), but the people shelling out the cash for these games are not generally a part of this group. JJP needs to stop kidding themselves and start catering to the people that are already in the hobby. Pinball always was a niche hobby and always will be. There is not a single theme on the planet that is ever gonna change this fact.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Guys that love Elvira, that's who.. Elvira/zombies

Yep! That would be me. Pins/Elvira/Zombies A winning combination.

#40 11 years ago

Hobbit than a non theme game by a new designer? Thats my guess.

#41 11 years ago

It's Hobbit

#42 11 years ago

Not excited about that theme at all I just hope its not #2 but afraid it might be........

I'll still get it though....

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Hobbit than a non theme game by a new designer? Thats my guess.

A non-theme?!?!? WTF is that?

Also, I would doubt that game #2,3 or 4 would be by a new designer.

#44 11 years ago

Should I sell my LOTR and get the hobbit

No you should not sell your LOTR. I just purchased mine New on 4/24/2012 so it is my new toy but what an excellent pinball. I had to choose between LOTR L.E. or WOZ. After seeing a one hour presentation on WOZ man I wish I could have pre-paid it looks and sounds awesome. I will be trying to save cash and hopfully score WOZ at some point. I think you should sell (if you have to) some of your other pins. But hang on to LOTR thats for sure.Peace ,Rob

100_0027.JPG100_0027.JPG

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Not excited about that theme at all I just hope its not #2 but afraid it might be........
    I'll still get it though....

in 3 years you will have quite an amazing collection iceman!

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

in 3 years you will have quite an amazing collection iceman!

Haha...yep, good thing I'm patient, had to learn that collecting vintage basketball cards...

#47 11 years ago

I just don't understand how you buy something without seeing the finished product or playing it for the most part. This goes for anything you buy unless you have extra money to just spend. As far as teh next game I can see The Hobbit and maybe Elvira.

#48 11 years ago

The hobbit needs to be based on the cartoon. "What silly little birds, they have no wings."

#49 11 years ago

Harry Potter?

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

You know who buys pin? Guys that love Elvira, that's who.. Elvira/zombies would outsell WOZ guaranteed... WOZ does appeal to a bigger demographic (woman/children), but the people shelling out the cash for these games are not generally a part of this group. JJP needs to stop kidding themselves and start catering to the people that are already in the hobby. Pinball always was a niche hobby and always will be. There is not a single theme on the planet that is ever gonna change this fact.

You are correct that pinball is a niche hobby, however that could change. If nobody tries then it will not change. I Jack cannot make it happen then nobody can do it. I think he will have a chance if he pulls the LCD in correctly.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-jjp-next-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.