(Topic ID: 225130)

What is good and safe to use on “sticking” flipper buttons?

By ezatnova

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bzbatl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezatnova.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Got a new AC/DC Vault Edition and installed some red/yellow changing LED flipper buttons since they look fantastic with the color theme of the machine.

Unfortunately, they aren’t quite the quality of the OEM buttons. They sometimes “catch” or “stick”, especially if they aren’t pressed in exactly straight (ie if they are pressed at a sort of down angle).

I’ve been contemplating what to use to fix this. I’m not sure if the inside button easily comes out of the outer ring portion, so maybe I could sand down around the sides to give it more room or smooth it out. Otherwise, I’ve hesitated to spray any kind of silicone or anything that might make it work better, out of fear for making fingers gross when playing and/or dripping down the cabinet sides, inside or outside.

Any suggestions (other than reinstalling the OEM buttons )?

#4 5 years ago

Thanks. Tried a minimal amount of white silicone spray. Feels a bit better off the bat...hopefully it lasts.

1 month later
    #6 5 years ago

Reporting back about a month later. The little bit of white lithium grease that I sprayed in the buttons is still doing well. 90% improvement, which is enough to not have them truly stick anymore, or really annoy me with the feel.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezatnova.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-good-and-safe-to-use-on-sticking-flipper-buttons?tu=ezatnova and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.