(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,933 posts
  • 436 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 254 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,449 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 5 years ago

I still need a Genie for a client, if anyone has one kicking around.

2 weeks later
#68 5 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

When did Halloween costumes become marital aids?

The moment those girls graduate from Catholic School.

1 month later
#173 5 years ago

Everyone always tells me that they press the PROHIBITED button on any Bay City SPAM ads on CL.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Josh and Chris are friends of mine, and are true pinball addicts.

If they truly are your friends, you should tell them to quit illegally spamming CL.

=
Can I post my ad on more than one craigslist site?

Please choose just ONE local craigslist site for which your ad is most relevant—generally the site closest to you. If your ad is equally relevant to all locations, your ad does not belong on craigslist. Please find another service. Posting the same ad to multiple locations on craigslist is prohibited.
=

Anyone with a phone app that dings when the word "pinball" comes up in an ad is certainly pissed with their BS.

I've heard more than one person say that they will "smash their face in" if they ever meet the person who constantly posts those ads. A 4 hour drive for a beatdown seems excessive, but people meet at shows, have a few beers, make introductions....I learned a few years ago, pinheads are insane.

3 weeks later
#249 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What's the trick to posting pics? It won't let me(says:can't find image Id) Is it a bug with new update?

Your pics are probably too big.

Shrink them down to a reasonable size and make sure they are .jpg or .gif

1 week later
#275 5 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

I'm selling my entire collection as a bulk-purchase. I have been collecting for years, and am going a different direction and getting out of the hobby. Not desperate for sale, but I'm thinking it's perhaps time to move on.
It's a mostly-"A"-tier collection, I'll leave that to your judgment. Every machine is my machine and all are in great condition, I will update with specific "flaws" on each machine later, but I thought I'd put the feelers out there. All work 100%
This collection certainly gives you some of the best of the best. None of the machines are CQ quality. A few are "huo" but undocumented so I will not advertise them as same.
The list is: MM, TZ, CV, ToM, STTNG, STLE, PoTC, Fireball (EM), Xenon (with uninstalled new pf), BK (with uninstalled new playfield), CFTBL, TSPP and LOTR
Most are "LED'd", many have add on non-destructive mods. I will not separate the bundle and allow it to be cherry-picked. It's an all or none disposition for me.
I'll also include extra parts, bulbs, plastics, repair pieces, cleaning supplies and the rest with the sale. Have some uninstalled side art and mirror blades for some as well.
PM me for my target price I'm thinking off. I'm doing that to keep the Pinside price police, naysayers, and thread flamers off my a** and sparking an endless, futile debate of how I'm x dollars too high on one machine, etc.
I will get pics this weekend link to a dropbox that should prove illuminative as to condition.

It would be easier for you, the seller, to sell them all at once, BUT you may have limited your market to an impossible fraction of all the possible buyers.

Most serious collectors already have MM, TZ, TOM, STTNG and POTC. Those are all very common games.

So the only people who could possibly be interested in your whole collection would have to be total newcomers to the hobby, who are also looking to instantly populate their games rooms, and who also happen to be very wealthy.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

If the price is sufficiently attractive, an opportunistic speculator could pick up the whole collection and then sell each item separately.

It would have to be a crazy good price.

Anyone who has $50-70K liquid, is not likely to be a foolish investor.

Everyone who has ever sold a high end game knows that the moment you put one up for sale, an expensive plastic shatters, a ramp cracks, and a bunch of potential thieves learn your location and hours, LOL.

=

All joking aside, I do wish the seller good luck with his sale!

2 weeks later
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Selling all of these soon. All always kept shopped. Pm me if you want details. My games play as they should and tweaked to play up to tourney specs. All work 100 percent shopped.
Supersonic
Whodunnit
Ali
High Speed
Quicksilver
Stern magic

Everyone is going to ask "Where are you in MI?".

Upper Peninsula, Mid, Southeast, Southwest........

1 week later
#313 5 years ago

nah, people with money who really want to buy just pm me and we go from there so we know each other is, worked so far.
distance isn't an issue for true potential buyers.
i find most people who ask questions on a post in a public forum for every ones eyes in the world to see just are fishing.

I pick up pins for my clients all the time if I'm doing service in the area and have the company ramp van at my disposal.

Many of my pin clients are Southern OH, but I'm running service in lower MI all the time.

Detroit, Flint, Kzoo, Kentwood, Bay City, Muskegon..........all within my grasp.

2 months later
#511 4 years ago

That's a shooter's game for real!

3 weeks later
#644 4 years ago

There is no lack of Clay promoting the AAPM here on pinside.

Just look at any pinball show post for more info.

2 weeks later
#707 4 years ago

WTB: I'm looking for a Genie in Southern MI, Northern OH.

#725 4 years ago

Some mods are must haves (like the arcade TRON mod), and some are a pile of crap.

I usually deduct what I pay for a game if the LEDs are installed like clown puke, because I've got to waste time removing them.

1 month later
#937 4 years ago

WTB:

Future Spa

Lower MI or upper OH

#939 4 years ago

i have a future spa. decent backglass (sealed now), new pf glass, proto silver apron, all boards gone through and connectors, mpu remote battery, displays all work fine, game plays fine. pf has ware, some touched up. cab painted red (not by me)..but actually looks ok.
i have an extra body with playfield and parts etc ...that i believe is complete.
so if you use that body, only the head would be painted red. the extra body and playfield i have is factory color. coin door and all parts are present on the extra body .
$800 for it all.

PM sent.

Thanks!

#968 4 years ago

Looking for Future Spa if you are going to PATZ this weekend.

1 month later
#1227 4 years ago

CQ is not supposed to have decal cabs (unless factory), playfield overlays, translight if orig was backglass......If all that stuff was allowed, we would need a a new ACQ designation - Actual Collectors Quality

#1245 4 years ago

so, isnt that one CQ?

No.

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

We have some a-hole in Michigan that has been posting the "you gonna get raped" big black guy picture on CL for months now any time someone posts a want ad.

What does the picture look like?

1 month later
#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Only issue with Canada is the whole taxing situation which always confuses me.

Should be tariff free since most pins were made in the USA.

2 weeks later
#1512 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

How do I edit the original post?
thank you

Find your post.

Find the little "pencil" icon in the lower right hand corner of your post.

Click it and an "edit post" box will open.

1 week later
#1580 4 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Thought there was a fire sale going on in Michigan....

There has been for the last 50 years; they call it Detroit.

4 weeks later
#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Someone in your area might be interested.What's the big deal?

Michiganders are very territorial.

Don't poke at them.

1 month later
#1907 4 years ago

I might be OK to still post here, as you are not paying for a big headline ad?

I hope it's still allowed.

2 months later
#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Has anyone ever been to "Pinball at the Zoo"? I see that there's a pinball auction there in April. My question is whether it's worth waiting until April to try to pick up a machine there. Are there usually a lot of machines in that auction or just a few? Are the auction prices reasonable or ebay-style inflated prices? Thanks for any help!

The auction is cool and you want to be there for it, but the chances of you finding "the" game you want is pretty slim.

There are not tons of games in the auction.

Prices are "auction prices". Great looking games are going to have more bidders.

Like Wotan says, you'd be 1000x more likely to find a game on the floor, than in the auction.

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

If a person wanted to "test" Michigan market for a pin could he/she post it here?

Show your game, name your price.

If it's crazy, the price-police will let you know promptly.

2 weeks later
#2411 3 years ago

I once had that prototype Tesla Oscillator Shaker in one of my pins.

When the shaker somehow reached the resonant frequency of my home, I had to take an ax to the machine just before the roof caved in.

1 week later
#2528 3 years ago

Any pins for sale up in Michigan?

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Is there a Game of Thrones on location in southeast Michigan? Thanks.

Pinball Petes has an LE in Ann Arbor.

#2545 3 years ago

As always, just ignore the price police...even if you put the playfield at $900, somebody would bitch about it.

"Who cares about a DiamondPlate playfield???? Once you clearcoat over it, the ball is wearing on the new clear, not the Diamondplate...All Diamondplate gives you is cloudy inserts." - Yours Truly, Pinside

2 weeks later
1 week later
#2728 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I have heard that there is someone who recreates back glasses and sells them at PATZ.

That's BGresto.

#2757 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Wouldn't accept my $3k offer
detroit.craigslist.org link

That's a virtual pin with BBB decals on it.

1 week later
#2791 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

I know this is not a pinball but I am looking for a skill crane anyone have they want to sell?
Thanks

detroit.craigslist.org link

3 months later
#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I've never seen a security bar like that before? Is that a shower or curtain rod? Interesting.

It's for serious players that need a towel.

1 month later
#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Looking for my dog and my couch...

You dog has been staying at my house.

Can't say what she did with your couch.

2 weeks later
#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have no passport so i cant cross the border!

It's worth getting a passport just for the legal prostitution.

#3231 3 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Sana'a? Really?

Ya got to go where your assignment is.

When my boss first told us, we were like "Why not the friggin North Pole???"

He replied plainly, "With the global warming, the North Pole is currently underwater...."

7 months later
#3825 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I was self employed for 4 years and never did that, but then again, I wasn't making enough money at it to be heavily investing or worrying about when the government gets their money. I'm sure I gave away a bit more money than I had to, but I'm not crying over it.

The smartest Americans, we have found out, pay absolutely no taxes.

#3858 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

For now, I'm just playing with the glass off and ear plugs in.

I tried that today, but the balls in Whitewater and Comet keep launching out of the game.

6 months later
#4392 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Just go to ace hardware and buy some plexi glass. It'll never break again. The only downside is you cannot set a lit cigarette on it like you can real glass. It'll burn and melt.

The other downside is the plexi sags, turns yellow and scratches easily.

7 months later
#4845 1 year ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I just talked to SuAnn, and John is doing much better.

John, hope you are on the mend!

2 months later
#5038 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

just not the McDonalds( near airport) worker that I caught taking a sip out of a coffee before handing it out the drive up window.

They must have an iron tongue, Mcdonalds coffee is skin-graft hot

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,000.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Electronics
TheDudeMods
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Little Shop Of Games
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside