(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,768 posts
  • 429 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by gearheaddropping
  • Topic is favorited by 251 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,449 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3867 2 years ago

I've had a Pinbot and BOP for 18 years and have room for one more full size pin. Sadly I missed both the Judge Dredd and the A13 that were in this thread. Although it is great to find a machine ready to go or with a few issues I don't mind a machine that is DOA or missing parts as long as the playfield itself isn't bad and it has a decent cabinet. I can deal with the rest and have all the tools to rebuild any of the boards. If you have a machine working or not that you're thinking about selling locally in MI let me know. Some of the ones on my wish list (in no particular order) are:

Judge Dredd
Apollo 13
Terminator 2
Terminator 3
Dr Who
Lost In Space
Space Station (may have a lead on that)
Star Wars (Data East)
Star Trek (Data East)
Star Trek NG
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Stargate

If any of you have one of these machines (working or not) that you want to part with let me know.

Robert

9 months later
#4518 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'll have a list coming out soon but I'm trying to wrap up some other deals in the meantime so please don't ask, just stay tuned.
John

Anything project games System 4-11 from Williams would be of interest. I just finished my Blackout and am having a lot of fun with it. May be interested in a Gottlieb, Data East, or Sega for a change.

Robert

1 month later
#4566 1 year ago
Quoted from mrsodapop:

Millionaire- works good, NVRAM installed, has 2nd playfield included.
Playfield has some wear, and player 1/2 displays has a segment locked
on(does not effect game play, just a little annoying) $800/offer
2X Flash projects. #1 complete, rebuilt PS, MPU was sent out, but I still
can't get it to boot(so game is DOA), some flaking on back glass,
playfield dirty, and planking a little.
#2 missing MPU/driver,sound board. backglass flaking, playfield dirty,
but ok condition,no legs, cab painted black
Both $500
May be able to bring to Ohio Pinball Show

Just sent you a PM on the games.

3 weeks later
#4592 1 year ago

Does anyone have an old Bally Elektra or Bally Spectrum for sale? Project machines are fine and would even consider ones with missing parts. Just send me a PM if you have something. Thank you!

2 weeks later
#4662 1 year ago

I'd like to find either a Bally Elektra or Bally Spectrum machine in or near Michigan. If you have a project machine that you haven't gotten to yet that you'd sell please let me know. Working examples would be fine too. Just send me a PM with what you have and what you're asking for them. I'm ok with machines are completely as is and will even consider machines missing parts. Thank you! Would definitely entertain a Flash Gordon project if neither of these turn up.

#4726 1 year ago

Definitely check them out. That Houdini is an amazing machine. The others are fun too.

If you need electronic parts you can pick them up their too. They have new glass in stock. Just need to convince them to carrry a few other standard items like new spare pinballs.

1 month later
#4866 1 year ago

Interested in a Bally Spectrum machine (working or not) within driving distance of the Detroit area. A project machine is fine. Let me know what you have and what you're asking even if it isn't complete.

I can also help with board repairs and keep parts on hand for a lot of the Williams, Bally, and some Data East boards.

1 month later
#4932 1 year ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I have a beautiful high end restored Pharaoh for sale....

It looks like a nice machine but from the pictures it may not have the update to add the fuses on the inputs to the bridges in the backbox. If I'm not mistaken that upgrade should be done on almost all the solid state Williams games up to (and maybe including) Fire!

2 weeks later
#4980 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

No - it was in Pitts.
I sold to many pinheads in MI - just like people in ohio post in the DC Maryland thread. Not sure what your point is. We're all pretty close to each other....

I think the point is that if you're listing in a Michigan thread that it should be in Michigan or very close. If you make trips to Michigan and can bring it then it doesn't mater where you're located.

#4991 1 year ago
Quoted from aalucero:

Hey this thread was made only to get away from the one made CHogard. In the future if you are not in Michigan just say something like "HUO vacation america $4000 located in Pittsburgh PA" or whatever location it is from. More options pushed to us Michiganders the better. Now behave pinheads LOL

Who or what is a CHogard?

#4995 1 year ago
Quoted from tilted81:

It comes from the root word choggard.
Interestingly enough it’s a noun,verb, and adjective.

Luckily I've had good experiences with the people I've dealt with on this forum. For the one pin I got earlier this year it was accurately represented and a smooth transaction. The only issue I had with the pin came up from breaking it down to move it but fixing it was part of the fun.

If a deal ever goes sour I guess the saying wil be "You got chogged."

3 months later
#5199 9 months ago

Does anyone have a spare Gottlieb System 1 board? Preferably a P800-D102-001 REVB

I'm trying to revive a machine for a friend and it looks like that board is toast. Power supply and driver have been rebuilt.

May also consider one of the newer replacement boards if you have one.

Robert

3 weeks later
#5224 8 months ago
Quoted from tmontana:

I'll let him know when he picks it up.

If needed I do repairs on the System 80 sounds boards.

1 week later
#5247 8 months ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I am looking for some classic arcades. Anyone have a stockpile?

Any particular titles you're looking for? I have a classic Red Baron upright vector game that I may end up selling. It is an uncommon game that is fun and has brought back a ton of memories every time I play it.

1 month later
#5302 7 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Looking to sell my Strange Science. Everything works. Nice shape. Some extra pieces included.
$1,150.00

Any pictures?

2 months later
#5401 4 months ago

Anyone have a Bally Flash Gordon machine for sale? A non-working project game complete or not is fine. If you have something you'd part with please send me a PM.

Also interested in a Spectrum project game instead if available.

3 weeks later
#5442 3 months ago

Anyone happen to have a project Flash Gordon packed away? I'm interested in buying one to rebuild. Doesn't need to work or be complete. If you have one or can help send a PM. Could purchase outright or or do a bit or trading if you need board work done.

#5458 3 months ago

At one point I almost bought a game from him but missed out. Sounds like that was probably a good thing after reading these posts...

#5463 3 months ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

i see your ad on craigslist daily. stop. i keep hoping its one for sale when i see your flash gordon"picture"...lol

Well, they made enough of those machines that there should be at least a few project games out there and expect there would be more than one so you could find one too if you want. If the ad on CL really bothers you then you can just hide it from view....

I am looking to fill in one spot and would really like to find Flash Gordon. A while back I wrote some custom code for BlackJack and after playing Flash Gordon at PATZ was thinking of ways to add Multiball and how it could work. If I get my own Flash Gordon then maybe I can make that happen and have an alternate set of code for those that want it.

Actually it would be cool to meet up with others in the area with a Flash Gordon to get more ideas on what code changes would be cool and eventually testers to verify the code works well.

1 week later
#5481 3 months ago

Any other project games out there like the Flight 2000? Still interested in a Flash Gordon but woul consider other early Stern or Bally games in the meantime.

1 week later
#5520 3 months ago

I wouldn't mind if I post a wanted ad for something like a project Flash Gordon or Spectrum and someone in a nearby state sends me a PM about one they have for sale. If you happen to have one packed away feel free to let me know if within driving distance.

If I see any pop up in this thread for sale I would expect them to be in Michigan though.

#5538 3 months ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I agree with the people who said not to spam every state around you with the same ad. I also think it's okay to post in another region if the ad starts with " I am making a run with my truck to (pick your area). I have a (pick a game, hopefully something better then transformers). If anyone is interested, pm me and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Yes. If they plan on being in Mi and will bring the game so the sale can still be local to MI then I think that would be ok.

#5547 89 days ago

I'd get the backglass for blackout while you can. When I needed one everyone was out of stock. I had to find one overseas and get shipped here. It looks awesome though!

Besides the backglass you'll need the trim kit with the stainless lift edge too.

#5561 86 days ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Meteor for sale $1100 FIRM. Has led's and is 100% working.

Meteor is a great game! I have some new covers I designed for the Stern coin door to fix the way those lights on the coin door shine up through the playfield. Definitely helps on that machine and whoever buys it may want a set.

#5565 84 days ago

I've been on the lookout for a Flash Gordon too. Nothing local has turned up. I was going to make an 8 hour drive (each way) to get one but the seller sold it while I was making the driving arrangements. At this point I'd consider just about any project Flash Gordon even if it is missing parts. I have some code changes I'd like to try but no reason to do so without an actual machine to work with....

When reading about the game it seems that a lot were made so you'd think they would come up more often.

#5568 80 days ago

Yes. Been talking with him trying to make arrangements to get it.....

#5575 79 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I have a line on a working Gottieb Buck Rogers....not really interested in the title as a long term addition.
I don't really know anything about Gottiebs other than "never buy a Gottlieb"
What are the pitfalls? What to look for?
It has some wear that was not apparent on the photo.
Backgalss ok.
Have inquired about boards but have not heard back.
Owner has keys.
Curious about price for a "project" (which I assume this is) and what a decent copy of the game would go for.

I'd look for battery damage on the main board. If it isn't too bad it should be repairable. As long as the custom spider chips are ok then the rest can be fixed. Ground mods from each board to ground are a must. You'll also need to check the power board for broken solder joints at the header pins. I rebuilt one a while ago and it was solid after that.

1 week later
#5592 70 days ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I need a system 11B mpu. Tried rottendog but it was DOA. Anyone have a working one for sale?

Do you have an original? I do repairs and may be able to revive it. What game is it in?

1 week later
#5606 57 days ago

I have an almost fully populated Flash Gordon playfield w/harness available. My original plan was to use this with a Hardtop to build a nice playfield up. Since I haven't had any luck getting an actual Flash Gordon machine I'm just going to focus on my other projects and let this go. Just looking to get my money back on it. PM if interested.

#5620 52 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Just out of curiosity, who is (are) the go-to guy(s) in Michigan for rebuilding boards?
Where is he/are they? Rates? Time frames?

Depends upon what boards you need rebuilt. Is there battery damage? If so how bad? Any prior repair work? If so was it quality work or a hack job?

I often have to start by stripping off most of the prior work then redo it correctly. It is a bit tiring to see all the through hole plating, pads, and traces that are pulled off or damaged.

#5622 52 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Certainly those are the relevant questions.
(I'm just looking for general info...for now, I'm sticking with Williams systems 3-11 and trying to avoid ugly looking corrosion)

I have done a bunch of Williams boards and have a test fixture for the early sound boards system 7 and earlier. Primarily I stick with WPC and earlier solid state. Keep parts on hand for those as well as early Bally and Stern boards.

2 weeks later
#5688 34 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Always got cash burning in my pocket for Catacomb, Big Game, Cheetah

If Flight 2000 is on your list I may end up parting with the one I have. I like the game but low on space.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 18.95
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside