(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,512 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3867 7 years ago

I've had a Pinbot and BOP for 18 years and have room for one more full size pin. Sadly I missed both the Judge Dredd and the A13 that were in this thread. Although it is great to find a machine ready to go or with a few issues I don't mind a machine that is DOA or missing parts as long as the playfield itself isn't bad and it has a decent cabinet. I can deal with the rest and have all the tools to rebuild any of the boards. If you have a machine working or not that you're thinking about selling locally in MI let me know. Some of the ones on my wish list (in no particular order) are:

Judge Dredd
Apollo 13
Terminator 2
Terminator 3
Dr Who
Lost In Space
Space Station (may have a lead on that)
Star Wars (Data East)
Star Trek (Data East)
Star Trek NG
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Stargate

If any of you have one of these machines (working or not) that you want to part with let me know.

Robert

9 months later
#4518 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'll have a list coming out soon but I'm trying to wrap up some other deals in the meantime so please don't ask, just stay tuned.
John

Anything project games System 4-11 from Williams would be of interest. I just finished my Blackout and am having a lot of fun with it. May be interested in a Gottlieb, Data East, or Sega for a change.

Robert

1 month later
#4566 6 years ago
Quoted from mrsodapop:

Millionaire- works good, NVRAM installed, has 2nd playfield included.
Playfield has some wear, and player 1/2 displays has a segment locked
on(does not effect game play, just a little annoying) $800/offer
2X Flash projects. #1 complete, rebuilt PS, MPU was sent out, but I still
can't get it to boot(so game is DOA), some flaking on back glass,
playfield dirty, and planking a little.
#2 missing MPU/driver,sound board. backglass flaking, playfield dirty,
but ok condition,no legs, cab painted black
Both $500
May be able to bring to Ohio Pinball Show

Just sent you a PM on the games.

3 weeks later
#4592 6 years ago

Does anyone have an old Bally Elektra or Bally Spectrum for sale? Project machines are fine and would even consider ones with missing parts. Just send me a PM if you have something. Thank you!

2 weeks later
#4662 5 years ago

I'd like to find either a Bally Elektra or Bally Spectrum machine in or near Michigan. If you have a project machine that you haven't gotten to yet that you'd sell please let me know. Working examples would be fine too. Just send me a PM with what you have and what you're asking for them. I'm ok with machines are completely as is and will even consider machines missing parts. Thank you! Would definitely entertain a Flash Gordon project if neither of these turn up.

#4726 5 years ago

Definitely check them out. That Houdini is an amazing machine. The others are fun too.

If you need electronic parts you can pick them up their too. They have new glass in stock. Just need to convince them to carrry a few other standard items like new spare pinballs.

1 month later
#4866 5 years ago

Interested in a Bally Spectrum machine (working or not) within driving distance of the Detroit area. A project machine is fine. Let me know what you have and what you're asking even if it isn't complete.

I can also help with board repairs and keep parts on hand for a lot of the Williams, Bally, and some Data East boards.

1 month later
#4932 5 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I have a beautiful high end restored Pharaoh for sale....

It looks like a nice machine but from the pictures it may not have the update to add the fuses on the inputs to the bridges in the backbox. If I'm not mistaken that upgrade should be done on almost all the solid state Williams games up to (and maybe including) Fire!

2 weeks later
#4980 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No - it was in Pitts.
I sold to many pinheads in MI - just like people in ohio post in the DC Maryland thread. Not sure what your point is. We're all pretty close to each other....

I think the point is that if you're listing in a Michigan thread that it should be in Michigan or very close. If you make trips to Michigan and can bring it then it doesn't mater where you're located.

#4991 5 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

Hey this thread was made only to get away from the one made CHogard. In the future if you are not in Michigan just say something like "HUO vacation america $4000 located in Pittsburgh PA" or whatever location it is from. More options pushed to us Michiganders the better. Now behave pinheads LOL

Who or what is a CHogard?

#4995 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

It comes from the root word choggard.
Interestingly enough it’s a noun,verb, and adjective.

Luckily I've had good experiences with the people I've dealt with on this forum. For the one pin I got earlier this year it was accurately represented and a smooth transaction. The only issue I had with the pin came up from breaking it down to move it but fixing it was part of the fun.

If a deal ever goes sour I guess the saying wil be "You got chogged."

3 months later
#5199 5 years ago

Does anyone have a spare Gottlieb System 1 board? Preferably a P800-D102-001 REVB

I'm trying to revive a machine for a friend and it looks like that board is toast. Power supply and driver have been rebuilt.

May also consider one of the newer replacement boards if you have one.

Robert

3 weeks later
#5224 5 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

I'll let him know when he picks it up.

If needed I do repairs on the System 80 sounds boards.

1 week later
#5247 5 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I am looking for some classic arcades. Anyone have a stockpile?

Any particular titles you're looking for? I have a classic Red Baron upright vector game that I may end up selling. It is an uncommon game that is fun and has brought back a ton of memories every time I play it.

1 month later
#5302 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Looking to sell my Strange Science. Everything works. Nice shape. Some extra pieces included.
$1,150.00

Any pictures?

2 months later
#5401 4 years ago

Anyone have a Bally Flash Gordon machine for sale? A non-working project game complete or not is fine. If you have something you'd part with please send me a PM.

Also interested in a Spectrum project game instead if available.

3 weeks later
#5442 4 years ago

Anyone happen to have a project Flash Gordon packed away? I'm interested in buying one to rebuild. Doesn't need to work or be complete. If you have one or can help send a PM. Could purchase outright or or do a bit or trading if you need board work done.

#5458 4 years ago

At one point I almost bought a game from him but missed out. Sounds like that was probably a good thing after reading these posts...

#5463 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

i see your ad on craigslist daily. stop. i keep hoping its one for sale when i see your flash gordon"picture"...lol

Well, they made enough of those machines that there should be at least a few project games out there and expect there would be more than one so you could find one too if you want. If the ad on CL really bothers you then you can just hide it from view....

I am looking to fill in one spot and would really like to find Flash Gordon. A while back I wrote some custom code for BlackJack and after playing Flash Gordon at PATZ was thinking of ways to add Multiball and how it could work. If I get my own Flash Gordon then maybe I can make that happen and have an alternate set of code for those that want it.

Actually it would be cool to meet up with others in the area with a Flash Gordon to get more ideas on what code changes would be cool and eventually testers to verify the code works well.

1 week later
#5481 4 years ago

Any other project games out there like the Flight 2000? Still interested in a Flash Gordon but woul consider other early Stern or Bally games in the meantime.

1 week later
#5520 4 years ago

I wouldn't mind if I post a wanted ad for something like a project Flash Gordon or Spectrum and someone in a nearby state sends me a PM about one they have for sale. If you happen to have one packed away feel free to let me know if within driving distance.

If I see any pop up in this thread for sale I would expect them to be in Michigan though.

#5538 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I agree with the people who said not to spam every state around you with the same ad. I also think it's okay to post in another region if the ad starts with " I am making a run with my truck to (pick your area). I have a (pick a game, hopefully something better then transformers). If anyone is interested, pm me and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Yes. If they plan on being in Mi and will bring the game so the sale can still be local to MI then I think that would be ok.

#5547 4 years ago

I'd get the backglass for blackout while you can. When I needed one everyone was out of stock. I had to find one overseas and get shipped here. It looks awesome though!

Besides the backglass you'll need the trim kit with the stainless lift edge too.

#5561 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Meteor for sale $1100 FIRM. Has led's and is 100% working.

Meteor is a great game! I have some new covers I designed for the Stern coin door to fix the way those lights on the coin door shine up through the playfield. Definitely helps on that machine and whoever buys it may want a set.

#5565 4 years ago

I've been on the lookout for a Flash Gordon too. Nothing local has turned up. I was going to make an 8 hour drive (each way) to get one but the seller sold it while I was making the driving arrangements. At this point I'd consider just about any project Flash Gordon even if it is missing parts. I have some code changes I'd like to try but no reason to do so without an actual machine to work with....

When reading about the game it seems that a lot were made so you'd think they would come up more often.

#5568 4 years ago

Yes. Been talking with him trying to make arrangements to get it.....

#5575 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I have a line on a working Gottieb Buck Rogers....not really interested in the title as a long term addition.
I don't really know anything about Gottiebs other than "never buy a Gottlieb"
What are the pitfalls? What to look for?
It has some wear that was not apparent on the photo.
Backgalss ok.
Have inquired about boards but have not heard back.
Owner has keys.
Curious about price for a "project" (which I assume this is) and what a decent copy of the game would go for.

I'd look for battery damage on the main board. If it isn't too bad it should be repairable. As long as the custom spider chips are ok then the rest can be fixed. Ground mods from each board to ground are a must. You'll also need to check the power board for broken solder joints at the header pins. I rebuilt one a while ago and it was solid after that.

1 week later
#5592 4 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I need a system 11B mpu. Tried rottendog but it was DOA. Anyone have a working one for sale?

Do you have an original? I do repairs and may be able to revive it. What game is it in?

1 week later
#5606 4 years ago

I have an almost fully populated Flash Gordon playfield w/harness available. My original plan was to use this with a Hardtop to build a nice playfield up. Since I haven't had any luck getting an actual Flash Gordon machine I'm just going to focus on my other projects and let this go. Just looking to get my money back on it. PM if interested.

#5620 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Just out of curiosity, who is (are) the go-to guy(s) in Michigan for rebuilding boards?
Where is he/are they? Rates? Time frames?

Depends upon what boards you need rebuilt. Is there battery damage? If so how bad? Any prior repair work? If so was it quality work or a hack job?

I often have to start by stripping off most of the prior work then redo it correctly. It is a bit tiring to see all the through hole plating, pads, and traces that are pulled off or damaged.

#5622 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Certainly those are the relevant questions.
(I'm just looking for general info...for now, I'm sticking with Williams systems 3-11 and trying to avoid ugly looking corrosion)

I have done a bunch of Williams boards and have a test fixture for the early sound boards system 7 and earlier. Primarily I stick with WPC and earlier solid state. Keep parts on hand for those as well as early Bally and Stern boards.

2 weeks later
#5688 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Always got cash burning in my pocket for Catacomb, Big Game, Cheetah

If Flight 2000 is on your list I may end up parting with the one I have. I like the game but low on space.

1 month later
#5807 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Anybody got a nice clean and fully working Gottlieb system 80 CPU they want to sell? I need one for my HH.
Thanks,
John

No, but if you get a clean one that isn't working I can fix them and verify it is working in my own Haunted House. I've used my game to fix/test a CPU and a driver for that machine as well as a few sounds cards and one with the speech mod. I didn't do the speech mod on mine yet (have a spare SC-01-A) but I did put the updated main ROM in that enables the sound for the trap door. Cool machine.

3 months later
#5983 4 years ago

Anyone looking to offload a solid state project machine? Something like an early Bally/Stern, Williams, Gottlieb system 80 or system 3. Would also think about a Bally 6803 based machine or a Data East machine. Does not need to work or be complete. What do you have? Send a direct message and let me know. Just looking for a winter project.

3 months later
#6238 3 years ago

Is this the Choggard that everyone warns people about?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/95606

It was just posted in the Pinbot forum. At $2999 I think those legs need a date with a brillo pad or a fresh set of new legs. From the pictures it looks like the front was drilled for a coin door bar and the plastic under the visor is broken. I see other visible issues and unless Pinbots have taken a big jump up in price I would expect all those to be addressed.

#6241 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Winner winner winner! Come on down! You’ve successfully avoided a Choggard ad! Your prize is you get to keep your money! Nothing sweeter, other than a Sweetwater Donut! CONGRATS!

If the few obvious things that I saw in the pictures weren't disclosed what does the rest look like? No pictures of the boards or under the playfield. For the asking I'd expect all of those things to be addressed and the game should just be right. I have a feeling that whoever gets that game is going to have some work to do.

I already have a Pinbot and looking at the pictures in that ad makes me feel a lot better about the condition of my game.

#6261 3 years ago

There was an $800 Meteor for sale. Looked like it was complete and in decent shape. Wasn't booting according to the description. If I didn't already have one I would have messaged about it. I've rebuilt a bunch of those MPU's and Driver boards and would have had no issues getting it running.

1 month later
#6339 3 years ago

Where are yo located? Any pictures?

Quoted from silver_spinner:

3 williams classics for sale: too many projects are in our way, time to move some out.
message me for pix, i made videos of time warp and disco fever if needed.
Yes i can pack and pallet for shipping but pickups would be awesome.
pickup in mid michigan. message me with questions.
Buy all 3 and make me happy. will prob knock a tad off!
firepower (project)- nice original play field, nice original back glass (which is rare). Game is complete but main mpu has acid damage so it has not been tested. $900
disco fever- boots and plays, very very clean boards, play field looks very nice, backglass is flaking, sounds are good, displays are good.
needs new rubber and some switches cleaned up/adjusted. $700
time warp- Project= complete, sometimes boots and plays, sometimes it doesn't. All play field parts work except ball does get stuck in center saucer. I only tried a few games today. Displays show incorrect info. Sound board was rebuilt a while back (as tagged), but sound does not work in the game. play field pretty nice except mark near flippers. boards are fine. $650

1 month later
#6387 3 years ago

Looks like the Twilight Zone Craigslist scam popped up again:

detroit.craigslist.org link

Could it be any more obvious?

Maybe someone should offer a working Zizzle machine in trade.

#6389 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

What is the scam? Sounds like you've seen this ad before.

Scam is that it is doubtful there is even a machine. No pictures, ever. Lame description.

"Doesn't work. Needs gone. only 1,800 plays, 1 owner. Non smoker. Living room kept. Like new. Money talks."

Like new? Need gone? Only 1800 plays? One owner (little old lady perhaps?) Non smoker? I guess it only partially doesn't work since it must be working enough for them to understand how to open it up, go through menus, and read the audits. Batteries must have held or it was converted to NVRAM or they wouldn't be getting a count. Or it is wrong from being reset in the past. Doesn't seem plausible enough to even rate high enough as an unlikely scenario.

Someone is just fishing again. No need to even respond to the ad. This pops up on CL over and over. At least 3 times that I've seen and any past response is always sketchy. Whoever it is needs to work on their responses since they have totally slipped in the past. Often pretending to not know much but they've offered up things that give away it's a hoax.

And just about every time it is for a Twilight Zone...... A machine that just about anyone would enjoy owning someday.

Yea, it's a hoax.

#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

What is the scam? Sounds like you've seen this ad before.

If you didn't immediately spot that CL ad as a hoax then please read this entire thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide

It will help you spot fakes, scams, etc to protect yourself.

#6395 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I'm familiar. I was asking which iteration of scam this was. I hate scammers. I'm not on the market for anything at the moment.

Got it! Didn't know if you were new and just wanted to mention that thread in case you hadn't seen it.

I guess I'd call it a harvesting who is looking for a pin scam. Whatever it is I doubt any of it is real.

1 month later
#6533 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

There has been an ad up on Craigslist for a Cirqus Voltaire for ages that I suspect is a scammer trolling

So if anyone actually responds to that ad please just ask them if they are offering to pay someone the $100 to haul it away since they don't want it.

#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

What they do is grab your email once you replay and then sell it to spammers

But at least using the Craigslist re-direct they shouldn't get you're real e-mail.

5 months later
#6871 3 years ago
Quoted from eugenepeabody:

Hello,
Long time lurker, this is my first post. I recently moved across the country to the Flint area of Michigan. I knew a move was coming so never pulled the trigger on my first pinball machine, but now I'm ready.
I've narrowed down my preferred pinball machines to Ghostbusters Pro, Batman Forever or Star Wars Comic Art Home Pin.
If you have one for sale or know of one for sale, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks

With Peabody in the name you should add a Rocky and Bullwinkle to the list! It is a better game than you'd expect. And sorry no, mine is not for sale. Although if you get one I can rebuild and repair any of the Data East boards. Actually I can rebuild boards for most of the games if you get stuck.

1 month later
#6967 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Second person to ask that. No it doesn't

I just rebuilt another MPU for a Monte Carlo and added NVRAM. Fun playing game. If I didn't already have one I'd be asking about it. As it is we play it and I use it as my test jig for making sure the boards are ok.

1 week later
#6993 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Don't bother with that..I had a deal to buy it, left for cleveland this morning, buyer just texted me and said they don't want to sell now after I've been on the road for two hours headed there.

Seriously? That's awful. If they caught you and changed their mind before you got on the road that is one thing but after a couple hours of driving that is not cool at all.

#7007 2 years ago

If no one ends up having a working game to help out Mr Pinball above does anyone have a broken one or project game you don't think you'll have time to get to anytime soon? I'd be interested in a solid state game not working or missing boards. Classic Stern, Bally, Williams, or Gottlieb. would be considered. Would like to find a Spectrum, Flash Gordon, Medusa, Nine Ball, Catacomb, Counterforce, Mr Mrs PacMan, etc.

Let me know if you have something you'd like out of your way.

2 weeks later
#7035 2 years ago

I’m going to part with my very nice Night Moves cocktail pinball machine. Also have a very nice Flash and Flight 2000 that may be going.

1 week later
#7057 2 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Looking for a nice player or project DE JP or TFTC, not really looking for collector quality. I have a Monday Night Football and a Jungle queen i would trade plus cash if interested but i will defiantly just purchase outright too.

If you get one and it happens to have the insanely loud noise from the sound card like a lot of Data East games I can help fix that. Still have a couple of the inline power adapters that clear that the noise on most of them.

#7066 2 years ago

May be putting up my Williams Flash for sale. It’s a really clean and playing well. Boards were all gone through with the updates and it has many new parts.

2 weeks later
#7126 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Testing the waters for a WC94 trade or purchase. I prefer players shape, or in need of shop / light project. I don’t have the money or desire for collector quality, and my lineup is tight so cabinet art fade isn’t an issue.
The wife played one in location last weekend, and was rather fond of it... I’m not about to argue on making her happy while expanding the lineup.

I've heard it is a fun game. Hope you're able to find one! If you do get one that needs work I can help fix any of the boards.

3 weeks later
#7197 2 years ago

I have a friend that is thinking about selling his players Fathom. Boards were all refreshed and gone through, solid cabinet, and near perfect back glass. Cabinet could use touch ups but he has a stencil kit that could be used if you want to refresh that too.

Downside is the playfield. There is paint loss by the lower right outline. If any of you are sitting on a playfield you could make yourself a minty example since all the rest is there.

2 weeks later
#7247 2 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

What E Bay sellers are doing is lowering the price of the item then adding it to the shipping cost to avoid some E Bay fees. There are fees on the item price but not on shipping. You have to look at both for the real cost on some.

Doesn't mater. eBay charges final value fees on shipping too. I can't believe they get away with it but they have for years. Sellers aren't really getting any extra that way.....

1 week later
#7297 2 years ago

Anyone have any Gameplan project machines that you may want to part with? Most seem to have wasted MPU boards. At the moment there are no replacements (Echo Lake isn't making them) so the original has to be rebuilt. Thinking about a Super Nova, Captain Hook, Lady Sharpshooter, or possibly one of their other cocktail games.

#7302 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Believe they will be making them in the future - late in the year.

I don't believe so. I e-mailed with Jim and he said he would re-evaluate making them later this year if there weren't any other options. Not committed to actually making them. At that point he'll probably wait until he has enough commuted orders to proceed and after that it will probably be a while before any are ready. Personally I'll be surprised if he makes another run of them. So, at least for the foreseeable future the old MPU's need to be re-worked. I've fixed a couple and am working on another original board now. I'm not waiting and am looking at my own alternative option.

2 weeks later
#7365 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Where do you guys in SE Michigan go for new glass?

I think ABEL electronics in St Clair Shores stocks glass

#7369 2 years ago

If anyone needs the upgrade boards for the early Bally and Stern machines to run the updated code and rules (Meteor 2021, Trident 2020, Stars, etc) let me know as I have extra boards built with the NANO and can preload the latest code for any of the available games. For Meteor you need a WAV Trigger for sounds. If you have one I can Flash that to the latest code or I could probably provide one that is already setup but would have to order those.

I also have some spare LISY boards and a couple full kits of the LISY PIC programmer available.

#7373 2 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

How much are they MPU daughter boards for stars, trident, meteor?

REV 1 boards assembled with Nano installed and tested run $80. Includes loading the latest code for the game you'd like to use it in. At the moment it looks like the WAV Trigger boards are on back order which is needed for Meteor. Those boards need to be reflashed with later firmware, a header added for the serial connection, and a couple pads solder bridged for power.

3 weeks later
#7433 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

Anyone in SE MI have standard playfield glass? Looking for two sheets. Called around to a few local glass shops but the prices seemed steep (over $50/sheet).

Have you checked with ABEL Electronics in St Clair Shores on Harper? They stocked playfield glass.

2 months later
#7660 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Ask more for the game than what the nicest example on Pinside last sold for. Don’t disclose any issues it has, and hope a newbie doesn’t know the difference.
Most importantly when they get it home and ask why it has problems just say “It never did that when I had it”.
…at least that has been my experience as a relatively new buyer.

That doesn’t sound good at all

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Sadly, it seems that a lot of people selling pins don't know how to do a proper inspection and determine the state of the machine. Alkaline corrosion is a big one. You ask about it and they never noticed it so they tell you it's OK, happened to me twice now. Drive 3 to 4 hours to find out!

If they can’t provide a picture of the boards and specifically the area where the battery is then you need to assume it probably has corrosion.

#7664 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

The problem with that is you often can't see it in a picture. Hell, you often can't easily see it real life unless you know what you're looking for. And if you assume it has corrosion, you're looking at hundreds of dollars in repairs unless of course you plan to remove and replace IC chips etc. and abate the corrosion yourself. Good luck with that if you're not properly skilled and equipped.

If they can’t open it up or know how then I would go in with the assumption it does have battery damage. Unless decent pictures can be provided showing that the boards look clean that is one of the cases where I’d assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised if there is little or no damage.

Non functional games or board damage is fine with me as long as the price is adjusted appropriately. Just factor that in. If someone isn’t well versed in repairs they may need a bit more buffer in the cost. Machines don’t have to be perfect but they should be accurately described to avoid unpleasant surprises.

Battery damage can be such a pain to deal with. I’ve saved a lot of boards but some are too far gone that I’ll find another clean original non working board, fix that, and drop it in.

1 week later
#7697 2 years ago

Anyone have a project Black Hole for sale? Even a game missing parts. I have some parts for one and thinking about trying to build or rebuild one to go next to my Haunted House.

#7706 2 years ago

Looks like it isn't coming up so whatever it was seems to be gone...

1 week later
#7755 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Cointaker has Invisiglass $50 off. I've bought about 5 sheets from them and had no delivery issues. Would buy from them yet again. I use to buy from Abel, but he doesn't seem to have any in stock very much anymore.

Did ABEL ever stock the Invisiglass? Or if so was it a one time deal? They have all the regular glass in stock. Just saw it over there a couple days ago. I need to get a widebody glass from them.

1 week later
#7800 2 years ago

Anyone have a non working SPECTRA IV they want to unload? Looking to get a second machine and on the lookout for any boards (working or not). Once I get running I can make the 2nd one run too.

#7802 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I want to sell my working one but the wife I'd putting up resistance.

If it is working do you have any hires photos of the MPU board? That would be extremely helpful. I've been able to notice two different variations of the MPU board in these. Also many have mods and I'm trying to sort out what may have been factory updates/fixes vs random hacks that people did later to make them work (or try to make them work). Also some of the information posted on these is incorrect. One shows using a 2732 ROM that could never work since one of the lines that has to be tied low is left disconnected.

There are also a couple different ROM sets floating around and not sure what versions are actually correct and do work. I read the ROM's on mine and they matched the images on flipprojects.fr

So far I have cleaned up all the battery damage, replaced the two bad RAM chips, bad RIOT chip, and a bad logic IC. Even built a reset board to clear the RAM on boot. These boards are a pain but I will make it work.

Don't particularly want to buy a working game. Just having access to some extra examples will help get this one going. Once I make this one run as a reference then I could fix any of the boards. I used to think Gameplan MPU's were time consuming until this one came along..

#7806 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I don't have any pics and I bought it working from Clay at the VFW. If I can easily get the pics you need I could take some or you could possibly come take a gander at it.i haven't played it in about a year and a half but assume it still works.

Unfortunately it isn't exactly easy to get pictures of the boards if it is all together. They are in a card cage mounted to the underside of the playfield. Most of the wires need to be disconnected, the slide rails tilted, then the boards can slide out. Not a really friendly machine to work on.

Appreciate the offer but I wouldn't want to ask anyone to go through that. Maybe as a last resort but I haven't given up on just getting this board running. Waiting on a couple odd IC's that I didn't have on hand. For the moment I am working on new code for my Gameplan machine and will take a quick break from the Spectra while waiting on parts and gathering info.

1 week later
#7827 2 years ago

If any of have a Gottlieb System 80 based game and you find that any of the IC's for the switch matrix are blown I designed a small diode clamping board that can help prevent that. I've see the switch matrix blow on some 80B games like Monte Carlo quite a bit. I have my new daughter board running in a couple different Monte Carlo games (one original MPU and one on a Swemmer) and also have this running in my own Genesis. There are a few others already out in the wild now. Plugs into the Z13 and Z14 locations on the MPU board and the chips that were there plug into the daughter board.

On a game has never blown any of the IC's for the switch matrix I wouldn't proactively add this. But for those machines where they have been replaced or you need to replace them again that is when I would try this board.

In the Detroit area you could pickup in person or find a way to meet to get one.

1 week later
#7862 2 years ago

I've rebuilt quite a few Audio Regulator boards and do work on Atari Black and White Vector games. Never worked on Color vector monitors. If it is a monitor problem there are people that specialize in those monitors and may need to send out those monitor boards.

#7864 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I have new replacement monitor and deflector boards and the spot killer kept cycling on an off. Something else is amiss in the game. My audio regulator board smoked a resistor while I had it on probing voltages.

How is the edge connector on the game board? If a resistor smoked it is probably one that many remove as part of the sense mod.

2 months later
#8055 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Since a member here was nice enough to text me asking for more pictures and then accuse me of having an overlay on the playfield after I texted and emailed them pictures I wanted to make sure pics got posted publicly so people can see the game for themselves. Pretty sure it is one of the nicest original playfields I’ve ever seen on this game and I’ve owned it four times. Game has all new plastics and drops and comes with a reproduction backglass as well as the original. Any questions let me know. And if anyone knows of Seawitch playfield overlays available let me know because it’s not a product I’ve ever seen available.

After seeing the pictures someone actually thought it was an overlay?? Did they not look at the inserts?

#8064 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

That's probably what made them think it was on overlay, the registration being off -

Not so much the registration as the slight paint lost at the edge of the inserts. Not something you’d expect to see on any overlay. Not bad but noticeable on a couple.

1 month later
#8257 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Anyone have a beat up Stern Catacomb or Williams Firepower you want to sell?

I may be able to help with a Firepower. Would be a working project that needs some cosmetic TLC. Just ordered a new set of legs for it and a set of Wolfepack LED displays. Just waiting on those to set it up and checkout the rest of the game.

#8260 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes, I'm interested. Was hoping for a roached playfield Hard Top project pin for a fair price.
I just received the Wolffpack display kit for my Sorcerer (System 9). Super nice kit and super easy to construct. Couldn't recommend more!

I’ll get some pictures. Playfield had most of the art but there is some planking so a good candidate for a hardtop.

2 weeks later
#8280 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

We have two Mr. Game pinballs, MotorShow and MacAttack. We shopped the playfields on both of them. MotorShow boots and goes into attact mode. But the video monitor and the video board are not working. MacAttack has working pinball boards too, but one of the EPROMs is messed up. And it too has monitor/video card problems.
If anyone would like both of them to work on, and return one to us repaired, they can have the other one for free. Needless to say these are very rare Zaccaria games. If interested just send a direct email to [email protected]
thanks!
http://pinrepair.com/temp/macattack1.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/temp/macattack2.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/temp/motorshow1.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/temp/motorshow2.jpg

E-mail sent. I should have all the tools needed. Look like interesting projects.

2 months later
#8434 1 year ago

Does anyone need Stargate parts? I have a completely roached one that I bought for parts to fix mine. It sat in a container for far too long but still has a ton of great parts on it. I stripped the playfield (That was moldly, rotted, and pieces broken off) but the hardware was good. Has already helped fix a couple games.

Many of the parts cross over to other System 3 games so keep that in mind.

1 week later
#8478 1 year ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Recommendation for someone that does board work? Looking for someone to bulletproof and go through a set of Blackout boards.

I have done a ton of those System 6 boardsets and have a Blackout game to run them in to verify. Those get the full treatment. New 40-pimn interconnect, all connectors reflowed, new DIP sockets, re-capped, 0 ohm upgrade for switch matrix, etc. Do your boards have much battery corrosion or is driver board badly burned?

1 month later
#8595 1 year ago

Anyone have an Atari pinball machine they want to find a new home for? Working or not is fine. Thinking about a Time 2000, Space Riders, or Middle Earth project.

Could also use a backglass for an Airborne Avenger if you have a spare.

1 week later
#8665 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

We have two Mr. Game pinballs, MotorShow and MacAttack. We shopped the playfields on both of them. MotorShow boots and goes into attact mode. But the video monitor and the video board are not working. MacAttack has working pinball boards too, but one of the EPROMs is messed up. And it too has monitor/video card problems.
If anyone would like both of them to work on, and return one to us repaired, they can have the other one for free. Needless to say these are very rare Zaccaria games. If interested just send a direct email to [email protected]
thanks!
http://pinrepair.com/temp/macattack1.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/temp/macattack2.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/temp/motorshow1.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/temp/motorshow2.jpg

A while back there was a post about working on a couple of challenging (understatement) unique/rare Mr Game machines. Take both machines and return one working. That challenge was accepted. For a variety of reasons this was no easy task. Had to start at square one and go over everything on both machines. Work on all the boards, work on the monitors, work on the playfield, and wiring. About 5 months on and off between working on the two games.

I'm happy to say that this weekend the challenge was completed and a working Mr Game Motorshow was returned with extra parts, documentation, and additional versions of the game ROM's. Monitor working with a nice picture, game playing with sounds and talking. It was rewarding to save such a unique game and worth the effort to fix it. Glad that it is back home again.

Still working on the other Mr Game machine and intend to have that fully running again too. Should have time over the holidays to wrap that up and get some play time in on it.

1 month later
#8736 1 year ago

I have a really clean survivor 1978 Williams Disco Fever that just went up locally for sale on Facebook Marketplace. Boards were all refreshed with new 40-pin, NVVRAM, and driver board updates. LEDs for backglass GI to reduce heat and less power. Backglass is in excellent shape. Prefer a sale but may consider trades or project games.

1 week later
#8785 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

A while back there was a post about working on a couple of challenging (understatement) unique/rare Mr Game machines. Take both machines and return one working. That challenge was accepted. For a variety of reasons this was no easy task. Had to start at square one and go over everything on both machines. Work on all the boards, work on the monitors, work on the playfield, and wiring. About 5 months on and off between working on the two games.
I'm happy to say that this weekend the challenge was completed and a working Mr Game Motorshow was returned with extra parts, documentation, and additional versions of the game ROM's. Monitor working with a nice picture, game playing with sounds and talking. It was rewarding to save such a unique game and worth the effort to fix it. Glad that it is back home again.
Still working on the other Mr Game machine and intend to have that fully running again too. Should have time over the holidays to wrap that up and get some play time in on it.

Well I'm happy to say that the 2nd Mr Game machine "Mac Attack" is alive. A very unique game that is cooler than I though it would be. Even made it into the the living room! Still have a few switches to clean/adjust but overall working well. So now two very rare unique games have been revived and working again!

You can see a current picture here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/page/30#post-7367438

Plan on getting some more games on it then will figure out what comes next. May entertain trading for something on my wish list.

Getting these machines running was NOT a trivial endeavor but since they are so rare I think it was worth saving them.

#8787 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Definitely not… that’s where I grew up

Quoted from dscapo:

Definitely not… that’s where I grew up

What about Galaxy Arcade on Gratiot. Now a Jewelry store. That is where I saw a BOP and made me eventually get a pinball machine instead of just video games.

There was also Ricks arcade on Gratiot near 9 mile. Place was kind of a dump and had mostly video games. Don't remember if they had any pins.

3 months later
#8934 1 year ago

I will probably be listing an extremely rare (as only a handful in the US) Mr Game Mac Attack form 1989 for trade soon. It is a very cool unique game but looking for a title that the family may enjoy a bit more. Just need to set aside some time to check a few switches but it is up and running.

#8948 12 months ago
Quoted from SpartanC:

Robot,
I am very interested when you decide to sell. Sent you a DM with a list of trades or can do cash.

SpartanC I didn't see your direct message. I've had a few people ask about the Mr Game Mac Attack already. It is a really unique machine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/mac-attack

I will dig up my list of games that I thought the family may enjoy. Kind of a random list of machines. I had forwarded it on to someone that was interested in this but he hasn't found anything on the list and the ones offered so far were ones I've already had or weren't interested in. Definitely open to offers. Depending on the title can be working machines, projects, or some sort of combo deal.

I'm sure someone will enjoy this game and would like something really unique.

1 month later
#9030 10 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Looking for an X-Files if anyone has one laying around.
....... /%% burlap

If you get an X-Files machine that is stock and it is running the original boards I can help if you want to upgrade it to Stereo. I do board work and performed that upgrade on my ID4 and have done that update for a few other people. It definitely makes a difference on some sounds.

#9039 10 months ago

Doing some spring cleaning in my workshop and have some spare boards for sale. Also have some spare parts to build some of the LISY test gear:

- PINBOT System 11A MPU - clean working board (Tested in my own Pinbot)
- LISY35 MPU - Runs in all Bally -17-and -35 games. Also early Stern that don't require the J5 connector.
- LISY1 MPU - Great option for Gottlieb System 1 machines (you need to add your own ROM images)
- LISY80 MPU - Great option for System 80 machines (you need to add your own ROM images)
- GamePlan Multi-MPU (supports all the GamePan games) available as a full kit with all parts or assembled and tested for a bit extra. All parts are selected for a perfect fit and easy build.
- System 80 Diode clamping board - Protects switch matrix IC's from voltage spikes. Includes sockets
- Atari Generation 1 Memory board - Plug in board to replace obsolete 2111 RAM chips. Can be configured for Atarians of the later games.

I'll find others as I clean up.

I've got my own set of LISY boards that I'm keeping for testing. They have a mode where you can enable the WiFi Hotspot and just connect to it with an iPAD, etc to control the machine. Very handy for testing. I've used them in early Bally games, my Buck Rogers System 1 game, and System 80 games like Volcano, and 80B games like Genesis and Monte Carlo.

Also, if you need board repairs let me know and I'll see if I can fit it in. I've done a ton of board repairs over the years and all of them are still running strong.

2 months later
#9148 7 months ago
Quoted from Jackpotjared:

I”ll be listing my Star Trek Next Generation tomorrow or Thursday. $5,800

I have the Borg cube mod for this game (The smaller one that sits on the left side) if anyone is looking for that. Will let it go for $50.

2 weeks later
#9177 7 months ago

I’ll be posting a Mr Game Mac Attack up on Craigslist and Facebook later this week. It’s a rare one. From what I’ve read about 150 were estimated to be built in 1989. Just wrapped up and resolved an issue with some flash lamps that were out. Have it playing great now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition?tu=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.