(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,510 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by marcand
  • Topic is favorited by 367 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmWolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#883 9 years ago

Not a whole lot of pins left for sale, but here's my remaining list, in case someone was interested.

My prices are somewhat reasonable, but not fantastic...and you can probably do better if you were patient. On the plus side, I'm pretty hassle-free to deal with, and if you come to pick up a game, I have an okay collection with some games you can play while I prep whatever you bought.

CFTBL - $3800 (Likes to reset....I haven't spent any time troubleshooting).
CFTBL (Project - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/17989)
WH20 (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18237)
The Shadow - $2900
Dirty Harry (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/17993)
World Cup Soccer 94 - $2400 (It's the last one I have. I've sold about 10 of these in the past year. This price is high...but I can't keep them in, so I apologize in advance for jacking the price up. It's just a supply and demand thing).
Frankenstein - $2200
Dracula x2 - $2800 and $2700
Road Show - $2400 (Will need some help).
Ripley's Believe it or Not - $3450
Avengers Hulk LE (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18238) HUO
STTNG: Been in my collection for years. Not motivated to sell. $5100.

I do have some other games that I don't have ready yet, but will eventually be on the market. (2 RFM's, a Funhouse, and an NBAFB).

Pete

1 month later
#1041 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I'm not familiar with what makes this game so special?

Rare, desirable, gorgeous.

Fits great with Haunted House and Black Hole for collectors. Added rarity puts the value in the stratosphere.

I don't know how many still exist, but the number isn't high.

#1044 8 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Ohh so this means my Alvin G. Pistol Poker is a $13,000 game right? Looks nice next to a BBB

You missed my original quote.

Rare, desirable, gorgeous.

(should probably add "fun", too).

Pistol Poker has one of those three ("rare"). Therefore...(and unfortunately for you)...demand has not outpaced supply on that title.

In any case, sorry to get off track....we can get back to games for sale, or Ron's going to kick my butt. =)

Pete

#1063 8 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Any other projects out there ?
Have 2k burning a hole in my pocket
Mike
810-588-2649

In that price range:

Frankenstein (Works fine, just plays the wrong theme music in the wrong spots)
NBA Fast Break (Boots, works. Fully LED'd. Display issue.
Road Show (Boots, works, no sound. Playfield wear).
Dirty Harry (slightly over $2k...but it works, fully LED'd, completely playable. Gun optos need checking (errors on startup, but it works fine in test).

Also have a Shadow at $2875, and a few other games on the marketplace (WH20, CFTBL, etc).

Pete

#1068 8 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Hi Pete,
Post a picture of the wear on roadshow .

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah post it!

I'm not your trained monkey!!!

(Okay, maybe I am).

Roadshow pics:

IMG_5609_1600x1200.JPGIMG_5609_1600x1200.JPG IMG_5615_1600x1200.JPGIMG_5615_1600x1200.JPG IMG_5616_1600x1200.JPGIMG_5616_1600x1200.JPG IMG_5617_1600x1200.JPGIMG_5617_1600x1200.JPG IMG_5618_1600x1200.JPGIMG_5618_1600x1200.JPG
1 week later
#1143 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Up for sale is a POTO that is a project game.

Message sent. I'm claiming this one...

7 months later
#2046 8 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Looking to buy a Maverick anybody selling ?
Let me know
810-588-2649
-mike

I used to. A guy named "Mike" bought it.

=)

Are you missing it already?

Pete

1 week later
#2110 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

WTB: Please let me know if you have any of the following for sale:
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Fish Tales
Flintstones
Dracula
Junk yard
Shadow
Whirl Wind
Fire
or others

Have Shadow, and an overpriced (but nice) Whirlwind.

Had Dracula, but it is on its way to Utah.

Also have Ripley's, a project Road Show, Starship Troopers, F14, Flintstones, and maybe a couple others I can't remember.

Pete

#2113 8 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

If you would update your collection on pinside.com, then you could remember.?

It's updated.

I just don't look through it when I'm rattling off games from the top of my head.

Pete

1 month later
#2420 8 years ago

StarShip Troopers: $2200
Flintstones: $3200
Shadow (Working, unshopped): $2825
Ripley's Believe it or Not! (Unshopped): $3350
Road Show Project (Playfield wear, boots, good DMD, will need lots of attention): $1950
Phantom of the Opera: $1300 (Works, playfield damage from locked-on flashers. Display nice and bright, but extra segments show up on some frames).
Star Trek Next Gen: $5100 (With ColorDMD).
F14: $2400 (Extremely nice, hence the dumb price).
Whirlwind: $3100 (Stupidly priced, since I'm on the fence if it is a keeper for me. New cabinet decals, all around nice).

And...I have a ridiculously large TV (73", Mitsubishi DLP) that I'd like to move out of my store-room at some point. (We upgraded to an 80" one). $250. (Cripes...take the light engine out of this thing, throw it on eBay, and instantly double/triple your money).

I think that's it for now.

You can always email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks!
Pete

#2423 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

are any of these container games?

Road Show, Ripley's, and the Shadow have, at one point in their life, been in a container.

The others have not.

(Not that it makes any difference).

Was there a specific one you were interested in? I mean, that's a pretty long haul from Wisconsin...

Pete

#2426 8 years ago

Yeah, I don't want to turn this into a discussion on the merits of domestic vs container games...there are plenty of other places where that discussion can take place.

I will say this: I've seen domestic games that are crap, and I've seen container games that are gorgeous. (And...vice versa). If you automatically judge a game based on its import status, that is a bit shortsighted.

A large percentage of my own personal collection has spent time overseas...and I've had no real problems, outside of the typical "pinball is pinball" stuff. Similar issues can pop up in any DMD-era game, regardless of where it came from.

I'm not expecting to change your mind, of course...if it's not for you, it's not for you. I'm just not a fan of spreading misinformation that domestic games are somehow inherently superior. To me, that's a dangerous and misleading message.

Pete

#2430 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I meant specifically the container games I have seen that have come from the most recent MI containers. Maybe I have just seen the bottom of the barrel

Well, you are seeing things that are being purchased by people that live many, many, many hours away. Typically, if you are going to invest 10 hours of driving time, it's because you've found something stupidly cheap.

If you're getting the cheapest game out of a container...then, yeah...it might be the one that has the most issues. (Same is true if you are getting the cheapest domestic game from an operator).

Like, that RoadShow above. It's cheap. (Heck...I could probably part it out for more). The playfield has wear, and it will need significant attention. That game, however, is not representative of all container games...yet at that price, it is an attractive pin that will appeal to a larger market looking for something that'll fit their budget. If it was purchased by a buddy of yours and dragged back to Wisconsin, you may use it as validation for your belief that "all container games are turds" ....which I believe is an unfair assessment.

But, again...I'm not looking to change your mind, and I'm certainly not trying to misrepresent anything.

Pete

#2434 8 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

How does one even know if your game is a container game?

There are no "real" differences at all. There needs to be a voltage conversion when it comes back over, and some games had a single-slot coin door...but really, they are all the same. (All the container games I got in had "normal" coin doors...but I do have some in my collection with the single slot). Same parts, same boards, same everything.

Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Is there really still a lot of pins being found overseas and sent in bulk back to the US?

It's slowed down significantly, and certainly not like it was back in the heyday of containers (probably 10+ years ago now). I've stopped for now...the prices have gone up dramatically across the board, even with the last one I got (over a year ago).

#2443 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yeah bit off topic, but could be worse. We could be talking about Phish.
On topic!
Have a POTC for trade. Also have a nice highly modded STTNG I might trade as well. Looking to trade for Sterns on my wishlist.
Just shopped POTC, need to order a few things I missed first. (Post, couple leds) Will post pics once I get those parts in.
Has:
full leds
new sails
new compass decal
back alley why's the rum always gone decal
full flipper rebuilds
new flipper bats
titan translucent rubber (shooter tip and flippers are orange titans)
new fluorescent tube, starter, and ballast
Ship coils have been rewired, ship was fully torn apart and cleaned.
Pics: http://imgur.com/a/HCQV5
Cash Price would be 4500 since people keep asking.

And where is this game located?

#2449 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I assume IN.
At least based on his location.

Huh....when I made that post, he didn't have a location listed under his name. Bug, or just added?

Either way...my bad.

Pete

1 year later
#3919 6 years ago

Looking for a Hobbit.

I do have a nice Flintstones, and a RBioN that needs to be shopped, but is functional. Would be willing to work out a trade of some kind, or an outright purchase. (Or, an outright sale of the games I have).

#3922 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Sorry PMWolf but my Hobbit isn't for sale, good luck with the search and sale.

Ha! Glad you are liking your game!

They are out there...I just need to stumble across one that isn't super-far away, and is in the price range I want. I'm very patient...so it'll happen eventually.

1 month later
#3991 6 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

No-one has shit for sale in Mi lately!!

Yeah, I'm almost completely out of games to sell. Just have a nice domestic Flintstones remaining.

5 months later
#4402 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

We used to pay $12 a sheet for playfield glass. Now we pay $25. It's crazy, it was only about 4 or 5 years ago it was half the price. There are some ohio places you can get it cheaper, but then you have to transport it. The place we've always gotten it from is in Wixom, which is really close. But it's just gotten so expensive. At the last show we had it for sale at $40 a sheet and people were pissed. I don't know what to tell them. Glass is awful to handle and store. to give it away at $25 a sheet (which is what we sold it for 1.5 years ago) is just crazy in my eye, it's just not worth it. And it seems like a piece always gets broken in the process too, which kills the minimal profit involved. I would sell it at cost as a service, but the stuff is just so hard to move and transport and store, it's just not worth it.

Oh, the wonders of supply and demand. Even the 11th graders in my Econ class struggle with it.

Just because something used to be cheap does not mean it will be cheap forever.

5 months later
#4665 5 years ago
Quoted from MichiganDad:

Etiquette question: My wife and I are newer to pinball. We are attending the show on Sunday, and on top of enjoying the collection we want to try some older machines we are considering purchasing (later).
Is it okay for two people to wait and use a machine and play two players together at the VFW or similar shows? I assume as long as the player is 1 per credit it is ok... I was put off by single players playing 4 games at a time at the show in Kalamazoo. Playing together allows us to compare notes real time.
Likely a stupid question, but I appreciate any insight.

Yup...you'll be okay.

Even a 4 player game, if you actually have four players, is fine.

Like you said...1. That's the ticket.

#4666 5 years ago

Itching for a GOTG now.

Have trade bait, like a Wrestlemania LE, STTNG with color DMD, a Whirlwind, and a Flipper Football.

Semi considering an Avengers, too...but not too heavily.

#4692 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

pmwolf you must have played mine at PATZ I hope everyone enjoyed it...I liked meeting and chatting with lots of you

Oh yeah, talked to you for a while. Thanks for bringing that one to the show...definitely made an impression on me.

#4702 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

So many people looking for GOTG tempting me with amazing trades. Love STTNG and Whirlwind but not ready to give up GOTG either. Ugghhhh haha.

It's okay. I'm a patient, patient man.

#4735 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

How much cash does it take to make wifey happy when you bring home another pin???

Well, my wife likes pinball....so just the act of bringing another pinball home makes her happy enough.

2 weeks later
#4799 5 years ago

I just talked to SuAnn, and John is doing much better.

I don't know if he is still in the hospital or at home yet. If I get an update, I'll let you know.

EDIT: He is home.

2 months later
#4937 5 years ago

I need some space. If you think I am way off on my prices, feel free to make an offer.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Flipper Football Archived
As is - “Flipper Football, from Capcom (1996). Game looks great, and works fine. Boards, electronics, and mechanics are all in great working shape. The DMD is perfect. Super-fun multi-pla...”
2019-01-20
Union City, MI
1,750 (OBO)
Archived after: 1058 days
Viewed: 446 times
Contributed to Pinside

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Stern WRESTLEMANIA LE pinball machine. This is the LE version, with the classic superstars, and Hulk Hogan autographed plaque. Brand new head decals included. Dollar bill acceptor ...”
2018-09-16
Union City, MI
Archived after: 126 days
Viewed: 228 times

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Star Trek Next Generation arcade pinball machine. Game is in great shape, and has been in my personal collection for years. It has the ColorDMD installed. Nice playfield and cabine...”
2018-09-16
Union City, MI
Archived after: 126 days
Viewed: 445 times

5 months later
#5249 5 years ago

I need to move a few games before February. Offers are welcome, particularly if you'd like to work out a package deal.

Spectrum ($2750)
Breakshot ($1950)
Flipper Football ($1750).

Pete

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Spectrum Archived
As is - “Spectrum in decent shape. Some wear on the playfield in the typical areas, but looks nice overall. Glass presents well. Cabinet is nice, and the game plays well. Electronics/Boar...”
2019-01-20
Union City, MI
2,750 (OBO)
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 288 times
Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Breakshot Archived
As is - “Playfield, cab, and display are all in nice shape. Repro translite. Game is unshopped, but reasonably clean and plays fine as it currently sits. Priced for a quick sale, but feel...”
2019-01-20
Union City, MI
1,950 (OBO)
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 230 times
Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Flipper Football Archived
As is - “Flipper Football, from Capcom (1996). Game looks great, and works fine. Boards, electronics, and mechanics are all in great working shape. The DMD is perfect. Super-fun multi-pla...”
2019-01-20
Union City, MI
1,750 (OBO)
Archived after: 1058 days
Viewed: 446 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5251 5 years ago

Deal pending on Spectrum.

Anyone who wants Breakshot AND Flipper Football in a package deal, I'm willing to talk.

#5255 5 years ago

Breakshot is sold.

Would like to move Flipper Football. Any interesting trades or offers?

4 months later
#5459 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Wait. Doesn't everyone have three or four accounts, you know, just in case?

God, I hope not.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmWolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition?tu=pmWolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.