(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,472 posts
  • 576 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Ballderdash
  • Topic is favorited by 366 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7240 2 years ago

Quoted from Happy81724:

Here is the link of the pics. It’s by far the nicest rfm ive ever owned or seen. I could only find couple of real small marks on the exterior art. The side rails had a little paint lost but I have back up ones. It must of happened when I put the head on. I tried taking pics of any issues.
There a couple of mods/extra like art blades, cliffy, target decals (not installed), leg protectors, manuals and looks like a back up cpu but no prism card
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4iSkYZN6E2iNPxDS7

WOW!!

2 months later
#7481 2 years ago

Looking for a really nice Williams Sorcerer.
Even if you have one with a roached playfield, I'm interested, as there is a repro playfield available.

#7497 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Great game. Have almost everything needed for a full restoration, but alas, not for sale. Good luck on the playfield, i think i bought the last cpr one

Found a CPR Gold silkscreen!

#7503 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

If it doesn't have a pubic hair clear coated into the sling area then you got ripped off

That's a strange mod?

#7507 2 years ago

Quoted from RCA1:

Only problem is the guy he's dealing with is kind of a dick.

He's getting ripped off then.

Figures you would get that one.

#7509 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Luckily you wont be able to see it when the game is put together

You should put that on eBay and you might get a hundred grand like the vagina potato chip!

#7527 2 years ago
Quoted from flyhigh:

I am looking to sell Stern Indiana Jones in good condition. It plays well and updated to latest code Stern released. The magnet area is in good condition with small wear area that I have since covered with mylar around to protect playfield from any more wear in that area. I am looking for cash $6200. Let me know if anyone interested.

I finally got a chance to play one of these and I was blown away as to how beautiful the pin is! Granted, the one I played was pristine and very modded. It is extremely under rated! It should be in the top 100 IMO!!

#7530 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Looking for EHOH/Beatles Gold/BM66/Aerosmith/Stranger Things. Have a JJP GNR CE and possible others as trades.

Cool!
I never played an Aerosmith. Get that one!!

1 month later
#7613 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Looking at all the listings and prices within a 100 mile radius from my home, the song lyrics that keep popping in my head are “Help, I’m stepping into the Twilight zone.” 24K WOZ, 20K Star Wars, a myriad of other flip attempts. Pretty ugly.

What a joke!

And I have a Dracula for 10 MILLLLLLLLION!

2 weeks later
#7642 2 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

cash in hand? what other way is there local pickup?..lol

Firewood on hand?
Ya, that happened!

1 week later
#7659 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Ask more for the game than what the nicest example on Pinside last sold for. Don’t disclose any issues it has, and hope a newbie doesn’t know the difference.
Most importantly when they get it home and ask why it has problems just say “It never did that when I had it”.
…at least that has been my experience as a relatively new buyer.

Sadly, it seems that a lot of people selling pins don't know how to do a proper inspection and determine the state of the machine. Alkaline corrosion is a big one. You ask about it and they never noticed it so they tell you it's OK, happened to me twice now. Drive 3 to 4 hours to find out!

#7663 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

That doesn’t sound good at all

If they can’t provide a picture of the boards and specifically the area where the battery is then you need to assume it probably has corrosion.

The problem with that is you often can't see it in a picture. Hell, you often can't easily see it real life unless you know what you're looking for. And if you assume it has corrosion, you're looking at hundreds of dollars in repairs unless of course you plan to remove and replace IC chips etc. and abate the corrosion yourself. Good luck with that if you're not properly skilled and equipped.

#7665 2 years ago

If they can’t open it up or know how then I would go in with the assumption it does have battery damage. Unless decent pictures can be provided showing that the boards look clean that is one of the cases where I’d assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised if there is little or no damage.
Non functional games or board damage is fine with me as long as the price is adjusted appropriately. Just factor that in. If someone isn’t well versed in repairs they may need a bit more buffer in the cost. Machines don’t have to be perfect but they should be accurately described to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Battery damage can be such a pain to deal with. I’ve saved a lot of boards but some are too far gone that I’ll find another clean original non working board, fix that, and drop it in.

Well, that is my new stance from here on! No clear pics of boards or willingness to adjust price if problems found on arrival, NO DEAL! And I have been educating noobs into the hobby about this as well. When I sell a machine, I disclose everything beforehand and I do know how to do a proper inspection. I expect the same.

1 week later
#7682 2 years ago

3 weeks later
#7764 2 years ago

Zowie Wowie rube goldberg contraption is way cooler to watch IMO. Zingo goes too fast and not as interesting!

3 months later
1 week later
#8047 1 year ago

Looking for a Williams Firepower project pin.

1 month later
#8256 1 year ago

Anyone have a beat up Stern Catacomb or Williams Firepower you want to sell?

#8258 1 year ago

I may be able to help with a Firepower. Would be a working project that needs some cosmetic TLC. Just ordered a new set of legs for it and a set of Wolfepack LED displays. Just waiting on those to set it up and checkout the rest of the game.

Yes, I'm interested. Was hoping for a roached playfield Hard Top project pin for a fair price.
I just received the Wolffpack display kit for my Sorcerer (System 9). Super nice kit and super easy to construct. Couldn't recommend more!

2 weeks later
#8274 1 year ago

Anyone have a Swords of Fury for sale?

1 week later
#8300 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Maybe starting to think about possibly listing a players condition (but fully working) STTNG by the weekend. Reasonably priced. Open to trades before listing.

I might potentially, God willing, consider it with great uncertainty.... Maybe.

#8304 1 year ago

Wanted!!!
Firepower, Whirlwind, SpaceShuttle.
Whatever condition!

8 months later
#8897 12 months ago

Heads up!

I'm putting up four pins for sale. All beautiful 100% working and highly modded. All have shakers as well.
- Hobbit Smaug LE with Radcals.
- Iron Maiden Pro HUO
- Deadpool Pro - extra Brand New Playfield included if interested (original PF is fine).
- Star Trek Pro with tons of upgrades and mods including color LCD, full Aurich art package.

I will be posting these ads here soon.

Also, I have a walkout basement for easy transport.

#8899 12 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Impressive that Hot Wheels survived the cut. I love mine!

Co-op mode is a blast! Under rated game.

#8906 12 months ago

Heads up!

I'm putting up two pins for sale. Beautiful 100% working and highly modded. Both have shakers as well.

- Iron Maiden Pro HUO
- Star Trek Pro with many mods including color LCD, full Aurich art package.

I will be posting these ads here soon.

Also, I have a walkout basement for easy transport.

Added 12 months ago:

Star Trek is HUO as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition?tu=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.