(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,512 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikedetroit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2289 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

But I digress. Whatever, no rush. There's a shitty one at premier lanes I can play until then. I wonder if that operator would sell...anyone know him? Most his pins are falling apart, seems like he doesn't like working on them...

It's very hard for one person to keep 30 vintage pinball machines functioning 100% at one location. I am usually at Premier at least 4 times a week working on the games and I've spent thousands of dollars on upgrades for those games at Premier. I actually think I spend too much time there at times (or so my friends say).

I am trying to make something great there, but its takes time to get games (with 30 years of hidden problems that like to reveal their heads at random times) back to location format. There's always a new problem arising.

I don't know many other places in Michigan that has that many vintage arcade games on location. If you count Rosie O'Grady's that's over 40 pinball machines for the public to play within a mile. Most of the games at Premier are Williams/Bally System 11 and I upgraded most of the displays and all are converted to LEDs. Mechanical problems do happen and will happen more often than being at your home, so being a pinball operator is very difficult, especially when working on older games.

There's no return when you factor in parts and time, yet I like sharing the arcade experience with kids and families who might have never seen a machine that doesn't dispense tickets. With all the work, Premier is becoming something great!

#2291 8 years ago

Thanks for your help. I am actually having a flipper issue on EATPM. It keeps blowing a fuse on the left flipper after a few days. I posted the problem on here but have not heard anything back yet. If I can't get it going, I will bring it to Jerry Clause.

I saw in a post you brought up some issues with the DMD games at Premier, if you see a problem, please let me know. My hands are tied on some of the DMD games there since I do not own them. STTNG, TOM, AFM, JM, LOTR, and WH2O are operated by different operator, yet I can pass along any issues you see to them.

#2294 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I would check the coil for a short. Had the flippers been serviced prior to the issue?

I though it could of been that, but i changed the coil and yellow capacitor and it blew again. Hmmm...

#2308 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help on my Elvira...especially Clay. Being the moron i am, i realized after looking at the other flipper i bypassed the EOS when i rewired the coil. Oh well, it's fixed now and very happy.

2 months later
#2808 8 years ago

Chesterfield Pinball League at Sparks Pinball Museum

We're hosting our first ever league night with 35 pinball machines! League play for Season 1 will begin Monday, April 18, 2016, and run for 5 (five) consecutive Monday nights. We plan to use the "High Score" format and Matchplay (www.matchplay.events) software to track players, stats, results, and apply points for IFPA rankings.

Other Basics:
1) We will compete on 5 or 6 machines.
2) Players may show up anytime between 6:00 - 8:30PM but must start their last game before 8:30PM for it to count.
3) The only cost at this time is paying for your own games (the machines use quarters - change machines on site).

More info about the event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1725020334444729/

More info about the venue:

Facebook.com/premierpinball

1 year later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikedetroit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition?tu=mikedetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.