(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,093 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TheCoinSlotTC
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,449 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Haha great, between the savvy vets and the scammers throughout the state, I'll be lucky as hell to get a machine for a fair price as a newbie.

I am going to speak to the three whom you should seek out if you are looking to buy a pin. Therefore, these are the names who you should trust. John Dayhuff, Pete Mathis and Tim Mayhew are three that buy, fix and sell a lot of pins and I am friends/have bought pins from all three. If you hang around these guys, you meet a lot of good pinsiders who also do what they do.

John (Battle Creek) has an amazing party every year that is open to everyone. You can see/meet a lot of the good pinball crew from this state (and others) at this gig. It's usually the first Saturday in November, but he hasn't made this year's party date official as far as I know. I got my Dr. Dude from him!

Pete (Union City) has lots of stuff for sale at all price ranges. He is very friendly and never out to screw anyone. I have many of my machines thanks to Pete!

Tim (Grand Rapids) does wonderful work bringing machines to life. You get quality work when buy from him. He is very connected with the Grand Rapids Pinball League. Tim revived my Jungle Lord and it is better than I could have ever imagined it could be.

There are so many others who I see and talk to in Michigan and I am STILL meeting more through John, Pete and Tim. I think it is almost impossible to find a "deal" on Craigslist since the competition for machines is so high, but the result is that there are many who can/will help. I KNOW I MISSED SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO IS A GOOD SELLER, but these are the three people who will get my cash or trade offers first since they are no-hassle, non-scammy dudes.

1 month later
#300 5 years ago

I am selling my JP to make room/upgrade. It has a great playfield. The cab is scuffed on left side (right side good). No topper. Typical Data East speaker hum. The "S" switch needs adjusting/replacing and the pop-bumper lights need replacing. The ball jumps the rails sometimes after being fired around the right loop and travels across the center.

Asking $2200 OBO and will add cash to trade for the following (in order of preference)

Tron Pro, STTNG, NGG, TSPP

I am not interested in project machines right now as my "to do" list is pretty long. Can deliver to Dayhuff's party this weekend if some emergency doesn't come up. I am located in Richland.

Can take pics/make videos upon request.

1 month later
#435 5 years ago

Saw this gem pop up on CL today. It's for a Bally Midway Kings of Steel. The price is cheap and there is no info on whether it booted up or not. Then I got to the 4th pic (see below). Is that a mouse nest under the glass? Whoa... Clean up just a little before you take pics and post.

In other news, that Firepower 2 in Kalamazoo looks sweet! GLWS, Parabax!

006.jpg

1 month later
#608 5 years ago

Pinball at the Zoo is a good place to get a good game for cheap. Wish I had the cash last year...that auction was sick.

#610 5 years ago

Here were the results. Lots of stuff went at good prices. The Baywatch was a great deal for whoever got it (ran 100%, nicely shopped).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-auction-results

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

giving people a heads up. there will be a PINBALL and Arcade game museum coming to the flint area schedule to open before summer. from what i understand, hundreds of games.

I heard about this and it looks pretty cool. I want to play some of the older games. I think they might have a "Space War." If they do, count me in! Know your roots!

3 weeks later
#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Great !
Here's a little video to show your friend this machine .
I can feel a TZ in my future need to make space.
» YouTube video

Great game for the price! All the good prices happen in winter! SHEESH! Someone get this!

2 weeks later
#824 4 years ago

Snow melting...Spring warmth...MI Pinball Expo...Pinball at the Zoo...Tax Returns coming back...

Great time to play pinball in Michigan!

#844 4 years ago

Trusted seller! Great price and a fun machine!

On another note, my WCS is soon to be alive (thank to Tim Mayhew and company) and we joked yesterday about it being the definition of a "players machine." It might be at PATZ. If it isn't, I'll post pics!

1 week later
#871 4 years ago

What's for sale coming to Detroit Expo? Pinball at the Zoo?

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I'm in the mood for some 80's Gottlieb .
Anybody have a Raven they would sell or anything else from the time period ?

Man...did Underspin have a Raven for you. Please Tim, post some pics!

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Not a whole lot of pins left for sale, but here's my remaining list, in case someone was interested.
My prices are somewhat reasonable, but not fantastic...and you can probably do better if you were patient. On the plus side, I'm pretty hassle-free to deal with, and if you come to pick up a game, I have an okay collection with some games you can play while I prep whatever you bought.
CFTBL - $3800 (Likes to reset....I haven't spent any time troubleshooting).
CFTBL (Project - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/17989)
WH20 (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18237)
The Shadow - $2900
Dirty Harry (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/17993)
World Cup Soccer 94 - $2400 (It's the last one I have. I've sold about 10 of these in the past year. This price is high...but I can't keep them in, so I apologize in advance for jacking the price up. It's just a supply and demand thing).
Frankenstein - $2200
Dracula x2 - $2800 and $2700
Road Show - $2400 (Will need some help).
Ripley's Believe It or Not - $3450
Avengers Hulk LE (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18238) HUO
STTNG: Been in my collection for years. Not motivated to sell. $5100.
I do have some other games that I don't have ready yet, but will eventually be on the market. (2 RFM's, a Funhouse, and an NBAFB).
Pete

That's all you have left? Time for another container. Chant with me:

Con-Tain-ER!
Con-Tain-ER!

1 week later
#911 4 years ago

If anyone gets a great pin at MPE, please post it here (good seller, pricing, etc). Moreover, don't forget to post pins for sale here and at the PATZ thread.

1 week later
#954 4 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

I will have a Totem at PATZ this weekend in pretty alright shape. powerball, good glass, all re-pinned, pascal boards, good plastics.... no issues at MGC and stayed up the whole show.
i have 760 into it just in game and boards without shopping, rubbers and legs, so how about 800?
-c

I will be sure to check it out. Pins under 1K are very popular (and I never played Totem before). See you at the Zoo and GLWS!

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I'll be checking out the pins on Thursday as I'm looking to buy.

Ditto.

2 months later
#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from tbmi:

I'm looking for an arcade machine in the $300 +/- range in the west Michigan area (Holland to be exact). I'm not sure what I'm looking for, so I'm just throwing it out there to see what is available.

IMHO, get a "Streetfighter 2" video game. That way you can swap the Jamma boards to play lots of different games. Moreover, you can get a multi-cart for it. I know a guy...

#1328 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Know a guy for street fighter 2 or for a multi-cart? Because I'd be interested in a street fighter 2.

WOW! Such response...I am going to get the owner of said machine/multicart to this thread and let him post about it!

#1361 4 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Who is "We"? I have an interest in a Pinball Magic but want to know who I'm dealing with.

Chris Travis and Ron Kruzman - I'll vouch for their awesomeness.

1 week later
#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Booooo!!! We could have traded for that FLASH GORDON you've got
No in all seriousness I'm selling FrankenShuttle for two reasons. 1) I need the room for another project and 2) I need the money so I can start rehabbing that rental I just bought.
PS: The sale of the Space Shuttle is now pending...

Wow! You, me and Chris are practically neighbors! Lots of pins between Union City and Grand Rapids!

2 months later
#1647 4 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

Hi Guys!! I just joined pinside...I heard about this site from a guy i met at Marvins mechanical museum

Agreed! Welcome here! Feel free to post questions, pins you want to buy or if you have anything for sale.

1 week later
#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

HUO (second owner) Mustang LE #466 for sale in Lake Orion for $6,500. 305 total plays. I have added the Pinnovators headphone/volume control/sub-woofer jack adapter. The game is fast, fun, and the 'engine roar' is awesome when hooked up to a sub.
Feel free to contact me for more pictures or info.
Michael

IMG_1438.jpg IMG_1451.jpg IMG_1442.jpg IMG_1457.jpg

Slightly off topic: Is that a Dreamcast or Sega Saturn display next to the pin? Very cool.

2 weeks later
#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

New list of games for sale coming out soon....stay tuned and no early birds. Sorry.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Hey John!

Something for all pinheads in the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana/Illinois area should think about...JOHN'S PARTY in NOVEMBER! If you have a game for sale, get that deposit and bring it there for the exchange! You'll have a great day playing games, eating food and meeting pinsiders and you will get a game to take home. Dayhuff's party is just as important to me as Pinball At The Zoo. Hope to see you all there!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/13th-annual-pinball-party-inviteplease-rsvp#post-2689960

1 month later
#1880 4 years ago

Another possibility for enjoying the trade: time.

Machine is for sale
Agree on final price
Arrange pickup/dropoff
Look for new machine
Find seller
Agree on final price
Arrange pickup/dropoff

OR

Trade machine for machine you want
Agree on trade
arrange pickup/dropoff

I have done both, but both are easier when you work with friends. Whole exchange can be book-ended with watching a movie, pizza night or just having out with the family.

2 months later
#2077 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Thinking of changing up the line-up a bit. Anyone looking for a Tron?

Ok people, this is TYPICAL MICHIGAN! Let's all take a break from selling/trading awesome stuff until the snow stops falling, OK? Sheesh. Just when the weather gets crappy the great deals come out from nowhere!!!

pm sent...

2 weeks later
#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Thanks for all the responses! I'll check out the show when it comes, but I'll keep shopping for now.

Along with all of the PATZ discussion, have cash on hand Friday and Saturday. It's not uncommon for a machine to show up with a FOR SALE tag on it and then get sold quickly before it hits the auction block. That's your best chance of getting a DMD. DMD games don't get to the auction often...

Being Michigan, the snow is subsiding and the tax checks are about to roll in. Best start looking now as Michiganders seem to want to trade/buy/sell around now.

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

World Cup Soccer is a good first pin and there is one for sale here. The theme is not coveted, but that's why such machines are relative bargains.

Tim's WCS looks amazing... Wonderful Williams game with great flow!

3 weeks later
#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

F14: $2400 (Extremely nice, hence the dumb price).

I have played that F14 and "extremely nice" is an understatement. Red/Blue LEDs, new display, and its bright! Plays amazing! Pics man...Pics!

1 week later
#2541 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I bought a beater taxi and had the crappy pf professionally restored. But it's a game I love so it's important to me.
Someone may want a dr dude with an amazing pf regardless of what it costs.

Believe me... I am temped. Kruz and I are practically neighbors!

1 month later
#2821 3 years ago

In case you haven't been looking at the PATZ (Pinball at the Zoo) thread, I thought I would post here now that the show is almost here.

I will have the following for sale at PATZ. I'll need to raise the cash to buy Underspin's TRON. There is also a new DDR in my basement and I'd like to pay the family back for that winter-time purchase.

RFM: Nice game, works well. Good playfield and the monitor is nice. Cab is average. $2800 OBO or Auction

WCS94: PLAYER'S CONDITION! There is wear near the right flipper and on the guy who's at the bottom of the playfield. Plastics are below average and there is a home-made mod for the ball scoop after the skill shot. On the plus side, Underspin went through this machine and got it LED's and looking pretty with lights and fixings. One known switch out, but plays great. This was at PATZ last year for Thursday and Friday and played great. Cab is ok. $1900 OBO or Auction

The Breakshot is spoken for and donations to Pinside/PATZ for all of these pins will be made after the show!

These games are packed up and I will bring them to the show. If you have a specific day you will be there, I will prioritize them for when you show up. Example: if you will only be there Friday I will make sure the one you want to see will be there by then. My car fits one at a time and I might not bring them all on Thursday.

Let's talk cash deals when we see each other at the show - it'll be a blast!

No trades...unless you have a Millipede cocktail machine! SERIOUSLY! I have a Centipede cocktail and would love Millipede. Here's dreaming...

Prep_for_PATZ1_(resized).jpg

#2830 3 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

I have a millipede cocktail ( see above post ) What do you have to trade ? I am an EM guy.
Brian
Ortonville MI.

PM Sent!

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Painful to think about.
And I don't just mean moving it

I had 3 people help me get it into the U-haul. Wasn't too bad. Detatched the pads and marquee. Rolled it into place, put it on it's back, and then drove her home.

I had 4 people help me get it into the basement. Very lucky wifey knew I needed a walk-in basement when we were house hunting years ago.

The brute force needed to help me get it in was supplied by my friends Craig and Chris (Travis). Dylan and I helped as well, but Craig and Chris are wicked strong.

Dylan (the seller) drove to my house the day of the sale and spent the next 8 hours cleaning the machine with me. He owns big games and dancing stuff so he knew the ins and outs of pad refurbishment. Frankly, after he was done, I never been on a more accurate machine. He had me help a lot when I wasn't wrangling with the kids. When he was done, I shoved money into his hands after he kept refusing to take it. He did eventually, but he was so kind about it...offering to come back if I needed any more tech help.

All in all, this hobby has told me that you meet a lot of great people who are willing to help. I just hope I can pay it forward or pay it back to those who have helped me out.

#2835 3 years ago

All neon works. Subwoofers in that corner of the room are low and LOUD as F! Holy Grail for me...

ddr1_(resized).jpg

ddr2_(resized).jpg

#2840 3 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

Millipede is Spoken for....
See you Saturday
Brian

Thanks! I'll be selling my CP cocktail now in prep for bring home the Millipede!

Guess that means I'll be bringing 4 games to PATZ.

#2845 3 years ago

Gotta promote PATZ and my own stuff.

Pins:
RFM $2800 obo
WCS94 *player's condition* $1900 obo

Vids:
Centipede Cocktail $450 obo

No trades. Cash only.

These will not be coming home. If not sold before the auction, they will be there!

PATZ opens at 1pm Friday and goes to 10pm
PATZ opens at 9am Saturday and goes till 5pm

Saturday auction starts at 3pm. If you wanna sell vids, pins, playfields or backglasses, you must register them my 2pm sharp!

Hope to see you all there!

www.pinballatthezoo.com

1 week later
#2861 3 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

P1020352_(resized).JPGP1020353_(resized).JPGP1020354_(resized).JPG

Slightly OFF TOPIC, but this is a "good guy" alert for Bribo13 (Brian) for selling me his Millipede cocktail game at PATZ.

I was SO busy on Saturday with the auction, buying, selling and seeing people who didn't show up until then, I felt bad for Brian waiting for me. Being flexible, honest and a dependable seller makes him one to trust.

Thanks again Brian. The pic below is the game with a new overlay and a general cleaning. I'll dig into the guts of the machine soon for more cleaning (like the trackballs) but I am enjoying it every day. Thanks again!

2016-04-30_13.29.03_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#3012 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Terminator 2 sold. I still have the Elvis for sale, hit me with a number if you don't like mine.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI
269-979-3836

Hey John! I just helped Craig set up that T2 in his basement and played it a bunch! Hell of a nice machine. He is loving it and we are had a blast! Great pin!

2 months later
#3194 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Wow, never thought it would be so hard to sell THE A-list game. Price dropped to $8250.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

I hope you are selling your MMr to get the Batman 66! Here's hoping you were one who was offered a super-super-limited Batman 66!

1 month later
#3436 3 years ago

Hey Michiganders... I have been seeing this ad for Pinball repair near Grand Rapids and was wondering if this was anyone on Pinside or if you know of him.

grandrapids.craigslist.org link

Not only do I have some work done myself, but I might be able to refer him to others that come my way. Thanks!

3 months later
#3642 3 years ago

In search of a No Good Gophers, Jurassic Park or Revenge From Mars. NGG, JP or RFM can be in player's condition, but working. Lower end Williams games DMD era like WCS94 would also be cool too. Funny that I owned WCS94, RFM and JP before, but thinking it would be cool to have them again.

Added over 3 years ago: Edit: getting my old WCS back! Hunt is now over...Thanks to all who emailed me!

1 week later
#3666 3 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Post #3631 ron kruzman was selling a ngg not sure if he still has it but good guy to deal with good luck on your search

That NGG was sold!

1 month later
#3766 2 years ago

One month til Pinball at the Zoo! Anyone bringing something to sell/trade? I have a F14 Tomcat I am temped to bring for Trade/Sale.

#3771 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I will be bringing an EM (or two) for sale. Weren't you looking for one? I will likely bring a Vulcan and/or Super Soccer (same one as last year), but have others that I might bring based on what happens in the next several days.

I plan on taking home a FirePower from Underspin, but if I sell my Tomcat, I'd have room for an EM or something else. Excited for the show!

1 month later
#3869 2 years ago

Auction today at Pinball at the Zoo (Kalamazoo, MI)

I will post the results from this year's auction in the "Official PATZ 2017 Thread" late tonight or tomorrow.

#3882 2 years ago

Anyone have a JP (Data East) for sale?

5 months later
#4266 2 years ago
Quoted from Tykov:

Just listed a Black Rose. Making room for something new... In nice condition, $2,700.

Machine - For Sale
Black RoseNew!Used, working and clean “Decided to make some room for new titles, so I'm selling my Black Rose. I picked it up about a year ago from another Pinsider, and it is in really nice condition. The playfield l...”
37 minutes ago Ann Arbor, MI 2,700
Tykov

PM me if interested

Thar she blows! A reasonably priced Williams DMD! GLWS!

2 weeks later
#4325 2 years ago

Dayhuff's party coming soon. SWAPFEST!!!

1 week later
#4348 2 years ago

Al you Michiganders should be at the Dayhuff pinball party a week from this Saturday! Noon til Midnight! See thread for details!

5 months later
#4617 1 year ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Holy crap man, am I still helping you lug it upstairs lol. Congrats on the quick sale.

I'll help too, neighbor!

1 week later
#4687 1 year ago
Quoted from Insane:

if that was your Guardians, thanks for bringing it. I just ordered one because of it.

WHOA! Congrats! You'll love it!

#4711 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Buy my Jungle Lord, I need room, Iron Maiden is inbound:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/63695

Jungle Lord owner here. Under-rated pin! Williams sounds and TIMED MULTIBALL galore!

2 weeks later
#4771 1 year ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Choggqrd lives!!! 3 guys show up to pick up one machine and guess who is walking away with it. Corey, I know you read these threads so I would recommend you keep being the really nice guy you are because (I deleted this because I don’t think threats of bodily harm are allowed).
Steve, sorry you wasted your time as well man. Sucks it was so close to you too.
Corey, bring the game to Clay or someone competent to repair before you sell. Hopefully you can find a hobby you actually can be a part of and really enjoy vs. messing with ours.

Was this for a Data East Time Machine?

1 week later
#4822 1 year ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

what was the price and info on this time machine? what happened exactly?

Here's my take on the incident. Feel free for other to chime in with your opinions:

A long while ago, I saw a this DE Time Machine pinball for $475 on Facebook. I messaged the guy and never heard back again...

Months go by.

Then on May 18th around 3pm I got a notification from Facebook Messenger that this pin was now available. I send him a direct message immediately and ask if its available. Even with repairs needed a player's condition machine like this is very under-priced. I get this back:

"Pin ball spring ejector needs to be repaired. If your still interested you can stop by and see it ( tomorrow) Saturday night between 7 & 8:"

I asked several follow up questions but never heard back. Since he was not answering some of my basic questions, I considered it sold since that's how things go. Unfortunately, he told everyone the same info and created a cluster when multiple buyers showed up at the same time. The seller wasn't holding it for no one buyer in perticular. Therefore, the first one there with the cash got the pin. That person was Cory (Choggard) who was wise to come early.

According to those at the scene, hard feelings were had due to the seller making this a mad-dash to the prize. Bad form on the seller IMHO.

2 months later
#4998 1 year ago

Moving to a new home... time to downsize

For sale: Batman Forever $4000 OBO (price less if cash sale, open for trades + cash)

What do you have? The least I can say is "no."

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/68177

1 week later
#5016 1 year ago
#5053 1 year ago

Good guy alert: Pinhead86!

Smooth transaction, great buyer! Great asset to the pinball community!

2 weeks later
#5074 1 year ago

The moving sale continues... I will place ads with pictures later today. Cash sales, no trades this time, pickup in Richland.

Dr. Dude = $2250 (obo)
Good: No credit dot, Big Shot figurine is original, very nice translite, autographed, lights/GI work like they should
Bad: Typical wear/tear on playfield with normal insert imperfections. Some yellowing plastics.

Jungle Lord = 1400 (obo)
Good: Been serviced by RLM and Underspin to make sure plays great, lots of nice touch-ups and tasteful lighting choices. Repro backglass (not mirrored kind). Plays great.
Bad: Ribbon cable for sound board could use replacing since wiggling it sometimes drops sound. Looks like the owner/factory tried to redo the art and stopped before applying red paint. I made a trace so it could be finished at a later time.

Millipede Cocktail = 425 (obo)
Good: New overlay, original hardware
Bad: I give the monitor and trackball a B or B-. Could use some TLC

MK MAME settup = 250 (obo)
Good: Jpac settup for running to a PC. LCD monitor. Could be a great gateway into the hobby
Bad: It's ugly and the PC is old

Donations will be made to Pinside if things go fast here before I get to the official ads.

ps - my new arcade space has room for 4 pins and I see upgrading my collection in my future... I just know these two pins are going to rotate out and would rather not move them more than necessary

#5075 1 year ago

Here they are:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69318

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69316

Archived after 6 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished “As I am moving to a house which has less room for the arcade, here is my very first pinball up for sale! I bought it the day I moved into my current house. Seems fitting I would se...”
2018-09-24
Augusta, MI
1,000 (Firm)

Archived after 6 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished “This is my Dr. Dude for sale! I am moving to a home with a smaller basement and it's time to downsize the collection. The good: No credit dot! Nice and bright LEDs. "Big Shot" fi...”
2018-09-24
Augusta, MI
2,250 (OBO)

Millipede still available: $425

I also have "U-Lift Pinball Mover" that works great on flat, smooth floors like concrete. I'm thinking $100 for that (pending sale).

MK MAME is sold and Pinside donation made!

Lastly, I am moving soon and I would rather not move these machines twice. Let's make a package deal, eh?

#5086 1 year ago

Price drop on my Jungle Lord...like to sell soon so I don’t have to move it twice!

Dr Dude and PinLifter as good as sold. Thanks all!

#5103 1 year ago

Had a really great day seeing old friends (like Scott from thecoinslottc) meeting new pinball neighbors like myntric! Great sellers alert! Thanks again for all of the inquiries and well-wishes for my move!

Big props to rock914 for his excellent skills in moving arcade games, pinball machines, and refrigerators UP AND DOWN stairs.

And yes, the DDR moved with me...just not down the stairs.

8 months later
#5471 8 months ago
Quoted from RonPac:

I am new to pinside & basically so out of playing pinball that you could consider me a beginner. You can look at "my story" post once it is reviewed and released, but I played "back in the 'EM' day when I was a kid. I am now looking for a working EM for the man-cave. At least, that is what I think I want.
I've been "lurking" and learning. I read the "what would you but for $1,500" thread"
Here is what I think I will do for now, buy a older, working EM, like a classic Gottlieb Wedgehead (even though I didn't particularly like the smaller flippers, drains and short play (when I was a paying customer). Or not a Wedge/small flipper (Sell me something else or sell me on a different approach.)
My idea is that this approach not only allows me to limit my investment in the hobby, for now, as I grow into it. I plan on going to an arcade or venue that has a SS, DMD machine and work on my skills, which are poor, for now. (face it, the arcades and bar pins will drain my $$ too.) Once "get bored" with the machine I buy, I will then sell it (If I can sell it, lower investment could lower my potential loss too) I will then upgrade to the next "level"/mode/era of pinball machine, and repeat until my skills and interest build more which will justify a killer contemporary contraption.
Besides, I currently only have room for one machine.
So, does anyone have a older EM that fits the bill in their collection that they could sell off to the new guy?? What "non-scammer" Michigan machine someone might part with to a potential buyer?
For example, I saw a post a little ways back where pinsider amkoefer had some pins they were thinking of selling (an Atlantis) but, it isn't listed in the Marketplace. There is a local "Groovy" Gottlieb pin I am going to look at soon.
Just throwing it out there. Maybe I will change my mind and just go for a different pin. There is a Aztec on Craigslist over in Kimball, MI by John at Pops Coin Op, has anyone dealt with that seller before?
Thanks for your time and attention

There’s a Paul Bunyan for sale in Kalamazoo for under 1k. As far as EMs go, this has 6 flippers, a great rule set, and it’s a great 2 player game. Also in that price range: Nip It. That’s worth checking out as well.

I see player-condition pins for 1500 every once in a while. Besides this site, Facebook has good marketplace action. There was an unstopped High Speed for that price on “Michigan Arcade Collectors” that would be the perfect 1st pin for ya.

2 months later
#5747 5 months ago
Quoted from Insane:

Great Seller. buy with confidence.

Insane, did you buy that STARS pin? I was IN One Well when you picked it up then. RCA1 and I talked in the parking lot before you (or the buyer) showed up.

#5755 5 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Shane was not the buyer. They came from the other direction. His kind words were based on previous interactions. Shane's a good guy. Buyers were also.
It was good to see you and talk for a few minutes.
I hadn't been to One Well before, but that worked out being a great place to transfer the game.
You don't really think "family friendly brewpub", but that's it. I gotta get back up there.

AHHHHH! Whooooops. Agreed that Shane is awesome too!

2 weeks later
#5772 5 months ago

Dayhuff party coming up. Great place to deliver your game and enjoy a day of pinball.

2 weeks later
#5830 4 months ago
Quoted from goldiewag:

I have a working SWEP1 in RFM cabinet, consider it a working project as the cab could use a cleaning, some worn/rusty cab parts, etc. Also have the RFM playfield but it is DIRTY! needs complete strip down cleaning. Running Pinbox with LCD directly connected, but also have the original monitor- untested. Missing translites, but have an extra wiring harness, coin door interface board, transformer, power control box assembly, playfield slide track rails and new legs. Thinking around $1600 for everything or trade for another working project. Can take/send some pics tonight. Located in Ann Arbor.

PM SENT

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 19.95
$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Singer Pinball Designs
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 47.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside