(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,510 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by marcand
  • Topic is favorited by 367 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happyhour1973.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5991 4 years ago

Hello,

Been a lurker on Pinside for quite awhile as I save my ducats for my first pinball and learn as much as possible (unfortunate how mortgages, 529 Plans, retirement plans, boat, obligatory family vacations to Disney, etc., set back a bucket list pinball purchase). Anyway, I live in metro Detroit. I realize this is not a for sale/looking to buy specific post. However, as I get closer to buying, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on some of the few local suburban businesses that cater to pinball. For example, Game Room Guys, Games We Play in Walled Lake, Big Toys in Sterling Heights, Coin-Op Toys in Waterford. Reputations, ease of doing business with, pricing. Is negotiating price on a used machine with a "business" such as one of the aforementioned okay? (I know Game Room Guys only sells NIB so prices are set) I certainly would lean towards purchasing from an established Pinsider if possible. However, just curious if anyone has experience and/or opinions on some of these dealers (or dealers on west side of the state). Thanks in advance!!

#5995 4 years ago

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.

7 months later
#6448 3 years ago

Apologies for not being buy/sell related. However, if anyone ever found enjoyment out of Marvin's there is an article in the Detroit News about its current struggles. Besides just being a cool and unusual establishment, it's the closest place to my home with more than just a couple pinball machines......

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/2020/08/27/marvins-marvelous-mechanical-museum-seeks-75-k-stay-afloat/5643906002/

#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Thanks for the link - I was not aware of the GoFundMe, but have been bummed MMMM has been closed for so long - drove past there a few times since March hoping they'd be open. Just donated, so hopefully they can hang on.
I wonder if they could do private parties every so often for additional revenue. I, personally, would gladly pay a couple hundred dollars for free rein of the place and shouldn't think that would add too much COVID risk if you just did a couple of people spaced out during a day.

They are a bit over $42k at the moment, which frankly is pretty phenomenal seeing as the donations are mostly $10-$50. Every little bit helps for sure. Hopefully, some major benefactor swoops in and gets them to their goal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happyhour1973.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition?tu=happyhour1973 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.