(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,512 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Anybody got a roadshow they're willing to part with?
Thanks,
EV

Sure, but it will require your bro getting involved in the trade (pretty sure you know what I am talking about )

1 month later
#181 9 years ago

do those idiots have an actual business?

Also, that yellow trim job on Dr. Dude is AWEFUL!!!!

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Josh and Chris are friends of mine, and are true pinball addicts.

Most pinheads are good people IRL, but it is pretty sad all the BS they seem to pull.

Things like trying to take advantage of noobs (insane prices on junk), the buy and then complain stuff to other members (while threatening to try and get the honest seller blacklisted), constant spamming of clists everywhere, and over priced crap stuff, all while bragging of how many games they have flipped make for pretty shitty friends IMHO.

If they were my actual friends then I would talk to them about all the shit they are pulling to try and give them some good prespective from a true hobbyist like yourself.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Haha great, between the savvy vets and the scammers throughout the state, I'll be lucky as hell to get a machine for a fair price as a newbie.

Seems to be that way everywhere (though it does seem to be a bit tougher in MI)

1 month later
#278 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'm ball parking these all together in the $50K bracket. I agree that selling one at a time would be the way to go since it would be easier to find 13 buyers in this case rather then one buyer who's all in. Anyways, best of luck with the sale and hopefully you can work it out with someone.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Is this an offer of 50k John or just a WAG of where you value them or would be a buyer?

2 months later
#479 9 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Still looking to buy a Whirlwind ,shoot me your asking price .will drive 4 hours one way ..
Mike
810-588-2649 call or text

not looking to sell but would consider a trade.

I have a nice wwind with a CPR pf installed, new plastics, premium comet LEDs, new topper (not yet installed) and a spare set of new ramps (old ones are fins and have cliffy but I like to buy extra parts apparently).

2 months later
#749 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pool Sharks is a game I never played until just recently...cool sys11 for sure.

lacks multiball, correct?

1 week later
#783 9 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Here's a deal for someone on a project machine .... I just took this 1985 Gottlieb ROCK system 80B machine in for a trade towards another machine. It is complete machine, but NOT working. I do not know what the problem is, but I need to made some room.
I need $250.00 cash and carry for it, otherwise it's going to be parted out to make room.
Steve
Pinball Refinery

20150305_175616.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150305_175630.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150305_175831.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Pm sent. If anyone can help out with holding this till i come over to vfw show, please let me know.

#785 9 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

ROCK is pending pickup for this weekend. I'll let everyone know when it's gone....
Thanks everyone for the interest,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

so bummed I missed this one. Rock (or encore; yeah right ) is one on my short list for a long time.

Huge thanks to the generous pinsider that reached out right away offering storage for me till I got it! Very stand up and kind of you. Hopefully another one will come my way some day.

Congrats to whomever scored and if you decide it is not for you, then please keep me in mind.

#787 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Whysnow, I know in Toledo, Dr Scotts pinball has a rock (with encore mod though) for 1500. Last time I was there I saw it but I didn't really look to closely at it. Website is pinballstore.com he is kinda pricey, but maybe he is willing to come down. Good luck on your search!

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately that is about twice the price I would want to be for a completely working one.

This one was a great price at $250 and non-working which is honestly how I prefer them. I find I have more fun fixing than playing most days. Don't get me wrong, I love playing but when I fix I win much more often.

2 months later
#1194 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Also for sale is a Caribbean Cruise cocktail pinball machine. $850

Just got a CCruise a couple of weeks ago (to go with my night moves) and WOW what a awesome game packed into a small package!

I may like it better than NM

1 week later
#1228 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Time to let my CQ Twilight Zone go.
These are the pics of the restoration which was done by Brian Coney.
http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/Mlh812/library/TZ
This is the original for sale thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tz-1#post-448133
I've added a ColorDMD and Invisiglass.
The only negative is some wrinkling around the legs.
PM me if interested.

how much?

1 week later
#1283 8 years ago

why were non of these for sale when I was over for the VFW show... DOH.

1 week later
#1308 8 years ago

Pin transport opportunity...

I will be taking a trip from MSN to Muskegon, MI (via Ferry) and then down to FortWayne, IN and then back to MSN (via around chitown route).

I am picking up 2 games (1 in MI and 1 in northern IN) and will have room for a 3rd if anyone on this route has something to sell.

I will also have room to transport on this route if anyone needs a hand.

Please hit me up if you have anything on the general rout efor sale.

#1310 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will be taking a trip from MSN to Muskegon, MI (via Ferry) and then down to FortWayne, IN and then back to MSN (via around chitown route).
I am picking up 2 games (1 in MI and 1 in northern IN) and will have room for a 3rd if anyone on this route has something to sell.

forgot to mention this is departing MKE on July 1st, so very soon.

#1357 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bump with this ^^^

Leaving Wed bright and early.

Anyone have anything?

#1365 8 years ago

Rock >> what is currently available for pins?

#1368 8 years ago

message sent

1 month later
#1523 8 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

how suddenly are they so high?

it didn't 1200 is pushing the limit for most

1 week later
#1550 8 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

May have to put a game up for sale to get that de Time Machine!

IT IS A FUN GAME!

#1559 8 years ago

that is a GREAT price if Atlantis is working!

I know someone in MKE interested in it possibly.

1 month later
#1698 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

This is like many days old already.Just wake up from too much weekend partying?
You are more than welcome to visit our Md thread anytime you wish.We are not so territorial.More opportunities for everyone to buy and sell.

= "flip" ?

#1708 8 years ago

if any MI people are looking for a creech I have one for trade or possibly for sale in the market

#1725 8 years ago

creech in WI now 100% working. Come get it and make her purdy and enjoy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-for-trade-creature-from-the-black-lagoon

1 week later
#1758 8 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Considering putting my Bone Busters up for trade. I may be moving soon to a basement whose ceiling is too low for it. Prefer trade, would add cash on my end for a Time Machine or a Stargate.

I wish I had ANY time on bonebusters. I have what you are looking for but never played a BB.

#1762 8 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Whysnow, make the trip over and check it out! Or just trade me with never playing it!

I have gotten burned one too many times doing that

#1774 8 years ago

thanks, I appreciate it. Unfortunately as much as I am sure I would like bonebusters I am done buying games I have never played.

#1778 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

New list of games for sale coming out soon....stay tuned and no early birds. Sorry.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

well atleast tell us a time you are planning to post them up...

1 week later
#1797 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Transformer LE for sale. Just picked it up from Zampinator in a trade but I need room and in this case last in first out.
This was the trade thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-transformers-le-for-trade#post-2706939
I'll take $4,600 or a reasonable offer.
One thing, though, the under cabinet lighting got messed up and isn't working.

that thing is like the curse of Kevgascam . 3rd sale (4th if you count the scam from Kevin) of the same pin in 2 months?

1 week later
#1834 8 years ago

is SC going up for sale next? if so, please PM me first.

2 weeks later
#1900 8 years ago

clean up on aisle 3! WOW that is amazing Ron!

1 month later
#1952 8 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I have someone interested in HD but they want to put it on route
This machine is to pretty for that .
Someone step up and buy this,save it from a bar route .

putting it on route may actually save it and a possibility it will be better maintained on route than in a home collection.

I can assure you route it will get more plays/enjoyment than in a home and definately introduce more people to the game than a home environment.

#1971 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

How about $2200 for the fire!
They dont come up often and this one is nice.
I sold my last fire for $1800ish and that was just the standard production, this is essentially the LE you're getting here for not that much more cash

The standards seem to be around 1200 to 1400 for fully Working and good shape.

Not sure what all is different on this version? Different cab and trim?

4 weeks later
#2071 8 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

I have a Barracora and Alien Poker in mid-Michigan. Would ideally like to trade for 1 newer machine (system 11 or newer). Both machines are in above average condition. PM for details and pics.

message sent. Barracorra pics requested.

Lets see what we can work out.

2 weeks later
#2185 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Looking for a <2k dmd...thinking jd, jm, dm

rare to find most fo those sub 2k in todays world unless really beat.

#2193 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Nah. I bought/sold/traded all three of those games in the past year or so, all between $1400-2100

IN the past 18months I have bought all 3 and I search around quite a bit before buying to find fair deals.

JM > 2100. Spent another $400 refurbishing it to bring it up to snuff
DM > 2100. Spent ~$500 (part of that being rechrome the handles) to bring it up to snuff
JD > 2100. Will take another $400 to bring it up to snuff but likely found a nicer one to replace it so will just pass it along.

It is pretty rare to fine those games for sub 2k.

JM is the most likely to be found under 2k and can still be found for 1800ish but plan to have bad fade and need some love.

I will say that I will take all 3 of those games in duplicate if you find them in working order for 1400! Guessing lots of other people will also

#2194 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've had all three. The demo man I had sold for $2150, the Dredd ended up selling for 2700. The JM, I don't really know as it was part of a multi machine trade. Somewhere around 2k, though.

these are more like the real world prices I commonly see. I do know Colin tends to find lots of screaming deals though.

#2196 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How much of that cash is spent on LEDs?

maybe $90 tops. I used the Comet frosted 2 SMDs which are .59 (or cheaper if you stock up on black friday sale)

#2201 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

And are excellent LED bulbs! That's all I use.

Yeah, I dont use them because they are cheap. I use them because they are the best bulb out there! Helps that they are cheap but I dont skimp.

#2243 8 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Thinking about selling my AMH NIB (near the end of the run, with extras. Topper, plastic protectors, LED lighting upgrade, probably something else I am forgetting).
So tempting to open it, but I need some extra cash to finish my basement pinball/arcade room. Only trade I would consider is LOTR + cash, else I am thinking $9.5k obo.

Put it up on its own full market ad, ebay, and mr pinball, and clist and see what happens.

TBT, there are only 150 of them and it is a great game!
Rare, NIB, and FUN tends to mean demand is greater than supply, so price follows.

From recent history the prices are already going up fromt he the original cost of 6500. I was at Spooky factory last month when a secondary owner was picking up someone elses NIB AMH he had already sold (before even getting/ new owner was picking it up as he had sold one from earlier int he run and regretted it I guess so paid the premium for a second) and I think he had paid 7700 for it with no add-ons.

Honestly though, when you post it please post it at 10k just for the fun of it!

#2246 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah for 9/5 I'd be thinking aboot it too.

do you guys have one at the VFW club yet?

#2248 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nope, Don't think we ever will. I've still never played it. Will be getting a Rob Zombie though

If you are ever over here, you are welcome to stop

2 weeks later
#2392 8 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Looking for something under $2k that has a shaker motor.. Looking to shake things up!

curious... what games under 2k have a shaker?

#2400 8 years ago

did not realize that many games had a shaker. I always turn them off so I guess I forgot about a few.

#2419 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I believe we all realize what an incredible asset clay is and I feel for folks that don't have a reliable in home repair source that they can count on to fix there games

every state needs a Clay!

Even though we dont have one, I have learned to be a better apprentice ninja due to all he does and shares!

#2421 8 years ago

are any of these container games?

#2424 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Road Show, Ripley's, and the Shadow have, at one point in their life, been in a container.
The others have not.
(Not that it makes any difference).
Was there a specific one you were interested in? I mean, that's a pretty long haul from Wisconsin...
Pete

I will be over in your next of the woods for VFW show so looking more actively at MI in the coming months.
The ones I am interested were in the container and I am not interested in the container games. I have seen a few of them that have made their way to WI and to me it definately makes a difference.

#2428 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

To me, that's a dangerous and misleading message.

I have some container games from back in the day that are great. I have also had domestic games that are crap. You are correct that the entire spectrum can be found in both cases.

I meant specifically the container games I have seen that have come from the most recent MI containers. Maybe I have just seen the bottom of the barrel but what I have seen has been pretty rough IME. Maybe only the turds make their way across lake Michigan

#2446 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

And where is this game located?

I assume IN.

At least based on his location.

#2456 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

OK I found the invoice. I have another one somewhere that is $850 worth of repairs or something crazy like this too. I don't mean to throw anybody under the bus, but I thought that this was just nuts. Something just doesn't seem right over there now that Jeff or has left the store
image_(resized).jpg

what exactly does 'shop out' mean? If they strip the entire pf and rebuild everything then that is a hell of a deal IMO.

#2464 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Please don't start the age old "What does a shop out mean" discussion.

lol.

I just wondered what level of tear down they actually do. I have ocassionally taken on jobs that I call a full refurbish but some may call a 'shop job'. I strip the entirety of the topside while cleaning, polishing, rebuilding, fixing hacks, replacing broken bits, etc... I also take off the majority of the bottomside and rebuild and clean 100% of all mechs. This typical shop job takes me ~100-120 hours and I charge a reasonable hourly fee for my time when I do take these jobs on. $400 for that would be cheap in my book.

#2469 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

that's just OCD.

just a little...

1 week later
#2553 8 years ago

Hey Ron >> you dont by chance have an EarthShaker BG sitting around, do you?

1 week later
#2616 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Pile on cancer, pile on.
I'll take 3650 for my stng. It's plug and play ready, come and get it.

can I commit and pick it up at VFW show?

#2619 8 years ago

No worries.

4 weeks later
#2768 8 years ago

I will be coming to the VFW show next month and could transport AMH there if sold/traded.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32999

1 week later
#2810 8 years ago

If anyone in MI finds a pin in Madison area in the next month and needs tranport I can likely assist when coming for VFW.

I will be traveling over for the VFW show in the minivan and currently have room for 2 on the way over. I will be traveling early on Thursday May 12th and would need the pin to me prior so it is hassle free from my end. I can stop on the route to meet and get you your pin.

I will also likely have my Tx-Sector available for trade if anyone on route is looking and has a Frontier or Viking they are looking to part with.

#2812 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

\
O'NO, not the TX-Sector ?? Whats up with that ??
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek ,MI.
269-979-3836

P1040256_(resized).JPGP1040249_(resized).JPGP1040258_(resized).JPG

yup, same one I bought from you a few years back. Nice solid game, all ground mods installed, tastefully LED'd, fresh rubber, flips rebuilt, and playing great.

I found a nicer one (cosmetically) with a near mint cabinent. I finally got the new one working after it had been hacked badly and was in need of some new boards. Since I got the second one working, I don't need 2 of them I have to admit I have thought of keeping them both and linking them like NBA FB, lol. Was thinking of linking the teleport shot from one into the tilt of the other. Then you could duke it out head to head.

2 weeks later
#2853 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

everything has been sold or spoken for, including the Attack from Mars and Addams Family.
Thanks to everyone for their interest.

hope you have a few things for sale at the VFW show...

1 month later
#2969 7 years ago

nice prices. I would probably jump on the Tag Team if I was not picking up 3 other games this weekend and 2 more the following week.

4 weeks later
#3065 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Decided to sell my GB Pro...post some more when I sober up

That was quick. Why?

#3082 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I have a good condition 1977 Cleopatra for sale. Game comes with all new plastics, new rubbers and has had its original boards replaced with the far more reliable Flipp PI-1/X4 all in one Gottlieb System 1 board ($300 new from Flipp). Also included is the original manual, coin box, original boards (not sure if they work or not) and original plastics (new ones on the game look much better, haha). Game plays great, all displays function, only issue is that the the right pop solenoid is kinda weak and should be replaced. New glass was also just installed on the game. Outlane posts are in the coinbox, I just removed them to make the game play more difficult.
Price is $525 firm which is what I have into the game.
Flipp PI-1/X4 board link: http://www.flippp.fr/boards.php?lg=en

it you were closer I would buy this today!

Coming to WI anytime soon?

1 month later
#3250 7 years ago
Quoted from KillerQ:

Maybe it was $1400...but yea, cleaned, working, and Led'ed.

you should have jumped quickly! Awesome game and they sell for over 3k easy currently.

1 month later
#3394 7 years ago

Hey Ron,

I will take the tag team if you want to bring it over to WI!

Come hang and party for a weekend!

#3398 7 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Hilton, thats a super nice offer, I just dont trust the shagon wagon any more. she aint what she used to be. I guess I better start thinking of what would be a good pin vehicle. $$$$$$$

no worries Ron. I would love to grab that tag team (played it last time I was over and dug it then). Get yourself a new vehicle so you can haul pins. heck, I bet someone with a big order of pfs needing work would trade you their spare ride. Could work out a win/win.

Quoted from Dayhuff:

You two could always meet up here on the 5th. Its a win win for all.

I need to make it to your party, but unfortunately this wont be the year.

#3399 7 years ago

If anyone is heading this way in the somewhat near future and wants to make some transport money then let me know. Scoop up the tagteam and bring her over. If anyone wants to ride the cargo ship across Lake michigan, it is super fun

#3412 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Long shot: I have a Demo Man and would like to work-out a trade for a Batman Forever.

dont do it!

#3416 7 years ago

BF is cool but the feel of a nicely dialed in DM is fantastic. I vote keep DM AND find a BF

7 months later
#3997 6 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

No-one has shit for sale in Mi lately!!

come on over to WI (heck, even take the ferry as it is a blast to do and a good experience)

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Very nice GOTpremium. Clean game and well maintained. Recently cleaned and silicone/titan rubber added. No mods or other stuff added. A stock game in good condition for a fair p...”
2017-06-07
Madison, WI
5,900 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 589 times

1 month later
#4140 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

He has been wanting a JM, doing that "tagged" him so I can see the ad quicker. Congrats on the sale!

I have a solid JM I would work into a trade...

4 months later
#4461 6 years ago

anyone looking for transport help from Madison > Chicago > Detroit?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/route-66-offering-transport-between-madison-chi-detroit#post-4117959

I will have room heading that way this next weekend.

2 weeks later
#4476 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

The star wars E1 is sold. Set up the Wheel of Fortune, darn, that game is brand new condition. It's the cleanest things i've seen short of new in the box. It's crazy nice. Direct eail me if you are interested or want pictures. [email protected]

Price on the WoF?

1 month later
#4517 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'll have a list coming out soon but I'm trying to wrap up some other deals in the meantime so please don't ask, just stay tuned.
John

I wont ask...

I will just mention that I like classic Bally games and oddballs...

3 months later
#4800 5 years ago

thanks for the update

hope all is well and speedy recovery John!

10 months later
#5347 5 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As is - “$3850 cash and carry this week only. This is a solid STTNG with good bones! Boards are clean and hack free (I just installed new header pins in J120 and J121 and new connectors ...”
2019-03-30
Madison, WI
3,850 (OBO)
Archived after: 32 days
Viewed: 2552 times
Contributed to Pinside

STTNG for sale/trade. Could bring to MGC for parking lot deal

4 weeks later
#5398 4 years ago

WI aint that far, esp since the ferries started back up

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “A nice EBDLE up for trade or for sale. Very NICE cabinet and coin door (seriously, look how clean in and out!) Very Nice backglass. Everything rebuilt and cleaned with Comet LEDs a...”
2019-04-29
Madison, WI
2,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 1640 times

1 month later
#5528 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Is this where I post my games for sale? My province is connected to Michigan.

given our liking for the same style of games, I think all future FS from each other should be sent via PM first

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.