(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,512 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinChili.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#878 9 years ago

Just throwing it out there but I have a Johnny Mnemonic I'll list with pics soon. Probably just asking around $1800. Minor fade on the cabinet, could use a little cleaning and tweaking. Better than player condition but definitely not mint (hence, looking for a reasonable price.)

1 week later
#922 9 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

So Ironman was there as well?

Only last night and today. Absolutely gorgeous example.

#931 9 years ago
Quoted from SpartanC:

I am selling my Tron that I purchased new from Trent back in 2012. Shaker motor, 3D translight, LEDs, and the ramp light kit.
Located in Clarkston, MI
Asking $5K
Thanks,
Leif

Wow, super nice price with those mods. Around 600-700 between the translight and light kit alone.

1 week later
#990 8 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

once you have a game played OUTSIDE OF THE HOME, it is NOT HUO. HUO= "home use ONLY".
sorry about CAPS but people fail to realize that. taking a game to a show, school event for a day, office for people to play, even on free play for the public to play and abuse is not "HUO" anymore.
the word "only" means exclusively.
HUO is used very loosely just as "shopped" is.
it really means nothing.
condition only matters.

I don't agree with this. Simply putting it at a show for a day or two does not destroy the HUO label. The whole point of the HUO description to begin with was to differentiate between a game that has been on a route and a game that hasn't. It is intended to be used as an indicator of condition.

In the end, condition is all that matters. Even HUO games can be in crappy condition if they haven't been properly maintained and have had a million plays.

#995 8 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Now were going to punish someone for bringing a game to a show for everyone to play instead of hoarding it in there basement.

Exactly! Despite what Silver Spinner posted, the fact is there is no agreed upon and definitive definition of HUO. This has been debated for years in numerous threads here on Pinside so it's silly to do it again. If someone wants to list their game as HUO they will. Few people care if it's documented or not anyway, they just expect pristine condition when you call it HUO.

#999 8 years ago

like there was a "HUO" Scared Stiff at MPE. well, once it was there getting played over and over for 2 or 3 days, then sold...its not HUO anymore.
anyone who says different doesn't understand what the word "only" means. pretty simple.

Google for the dozen plus threads on here that have debated this. Show me where there is a definitive definition anywhere. Hell, every single Stern game has multiple testers banging on the games for hours in a dirty factory before they leave so I guess every Stern game is not HUO by your definition. All you have is an opinion of what HUO means (and I admit many people would agree with your opinion, but many also wouldn't.)

#1001 8 years ago

the problem is, people pay premium for HUO games..esp if they are older.. as in a HUO Monster Bash, or HUO TZ. those titles add a premium when HUO term is thrown on top of it.
why not just take a normal game, and throw "sample" pieces on it and call it a sample game and mislead buyers too.
or we will take a game with play field ware and sand blast all the paint off and call it a white wood.
if people were just honest we wouldn't have to use labels.
and yes, most people who buy games based on a true HUO game DO want proof, unless the price is so cheap it doesn't matter either way.

I have all collector quality games. I only use the designation of HUO as an indicator of what I can expect in condition. But I have seen games labeled "HUO" that I have passed on because they had issues. I never pay simply for being able to say it's "HUO". I pay because something is what I consider "collector quality" (I have enough half finished projects that I don't want to buy a game knowing it will likely need a lot fixing.)

If you're buying games simply because someone labels it "HUO" (even if they can produce a sales receipt) you are out to lunch. There is no way you can know if that person ever took it to a show for a day or anywhere else out in public. You have to look at the game's condition, bottom line.

#1007 8 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Thanks man. Its getting a nice Kruzman pf hopefully sometime this summer if time allows. Hot Pink, debating nude. Sold all my games aside from cftbl, Jd, sst so it turned out to be a good show again for me. Looks like the market is $2500 and under at PATZ. Good seeing you guys again hope to bring a nice custom T2 next year.

I'd love to find a CFTBL in collector quality condition. If it gets like and you're selling let me know!

#1010 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hey Brian,
I'll take a chance on just about any DMD era W/B or newer Stern that I haven't had before, to be honest. I wish I could have gone to PATZ, but I just wasn't able to make it. It seems like there were a lot of great machines there this year.

Any interest in a Tron?

#1011 8 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Mine is not currently even close to CQ. It had the crap played out of it this weekend. I may do a restore late summer so i can try to contact you then but it will only be done the way i want so you may not like that.

Well, if you do go the nudity route I'd have to pass since I have a few young kids and the wife wouldn't go for it. Otherwise, I'd still like to see it when it's done!

#1033 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'll be coming to Michigan in the coming weeks, and can bring my Spirit if anyone is interested. Had it sold to a Pinsider, but deal fell through at the border, and he bought the one in Allentown. Was told I could bring a US made machine from Canada to the US no problem, but because of value, they needed paperwork that I didn't have complete... That was fun.
Anyway, can do it right this time, 6k US, new in a box plastics, disk, drop targets, motor rebuild, lane guides, and a bunch of other things. My prior for sale add, before I changed my mind and kept again:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-gottlieb-spirit

For 6 months you've been trying to sell this at 6k (actually, originally 8k?). I'm not familiar with what makes this game so special? I'm not saying it's not worth 6k, I'm just curious what makes it so valuable. From your pics it looks like the cab has dings although the backglass looks great. And with over 1200 produced I'm assuming this is a highly sought after title?

#1036 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

ummm... no I haven't - I had it posted, and had it nearly sold with one guy instantly, but decided I would keep. Started buying parts to restore, hence the parts included now. Hadn't thought of it again until the last guy and I started talking, and it turned into a sale. Now, I'm too full for it to makes it's return, so it sits in my garage until I find a buyer.
Thanks for the helpful assumption though.

Okay, sorry for the assumption (I simply saw you referenced the original listing which was 6 months ago.) But I'm still curious if there is something unique about this title?

#1038 8 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

PinChili - If you go to the VFW show you can play very nice one there ! It is a rare and different game !

Cool, thanks! I'm probably going to go on Friday. I do think the backglass on the game is pretty cool.

1 week later
#1096 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Your not from Michigan!

I am and I also sent a PM right away yesterday, no word back.

#1129 8 years ago

WANTED: I'm looking for a player's condition EATPM. Anyone have one they wouldn't mind selling?

#1157 8 years ago

Thinking about selling my ECLE WOZ #294. Will include a custom made (by JJP) metal apron with WOZ artwork and game #294 on it as well (uninstalled). The usual metal apron under the wooden apron is bare metal but I had JJP make this custom one in case you want to display the wooden apron separately. Very low plays, like new (no issues), with the perfectly working light boards. Asking $7850. Message under lcd is "There's no place like home ..". Would consider a trade for TWDLE.

2 weeks later
#1222 8 years ago

Plan to sell a couple games ... options along with asking prices include:
TSPP - Minty mint, low plays, like new - 4800
POTC - Minty mint, low plays, zero issues, with Back Alley mods and other extras - 4800
IM - Minty mint, original, low plays, tons of mods, gorgeous - 5900
ECLE WOZ - Minty mint, low plays, some mods and extras - 7750

PM if interested (serious inquiries only please)

#1236 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Plan to sell a couple games ... options along with asking prices include:
<SOLD> TSPP - Minty mint, low plays, like new - 4800
POTC - Minty mint, low plays, zero issues, with Back Alley mods and other extras - 4800
IM - Minty mint, original, low plays, tons of mods, gorgeous - 5900
ECLE WOZ - Minty mint, low plays, some mods and extras - 7750
PM if interested (serious inquiries only please)

Well, TSPP is gone now (I'm feeling the seller's regret feelings sneaking in already, lol.) Might need to sell one more here though if there is any interest. I always prefer selling to other Michigan pinheads.

#1246 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I helped Bill (tmontana) get the game into his house today. It was by far the most beautiful, perfect TSPP I have ever seen. It looks like Pinchili did somebody right yet again. Don't hesitate to buy any of his other games. If he says that it's "mint", you can trust that it surely is.

Thanks Dave! Always sorry to see a game go but glad it was going to another good MI pinhead.

1 week later
#1286 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Is this still available?

Sorry, although I still have it I did sell TSPP so I think I'm keeping POTC for now. I would sell my ECLE WOZ though if anyone is interested.

2 weeks later
#1370 8 years ago

ECLE WOZ #294 still available (with extras.) Price $7750. PM me for details.

1 week later
#1440 8 years ago

4 Games up for sale:
ECLE WOZ #294 - $7850
Iron Man (original, mint, gorgeous, and loaded with mods) - $5900
WOF (HUO with goodie bag still stapled inside, gorgeous) - $4350
POTC (HUO, CQ, with Matt Mckee topper) - $4900

PM for pics and/or more info

#1449 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

4 Games up for sale:
ECLE WOZ #294 - $7850
Iron Man (original, mint, gorgeous, and loaded with mods) - $5900
WOF (HUO with goodie bag still stapled inside, gorgeous) - $4350
POTC (HUO, CQ, with Matt Mckee topper) - $4800
PM for pics and/or more info

WOZ sold! Thanks Wariodolby! WOF, POTC, and IM still available.

#1475 8 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Windsor is closer to most places in Michigan than Michigan itself! LOL! Detroit is actually north of me. Honestly, I am literally 3 minutes across the border. I spend my days looking across at Joe Louis, The Ren Cen, the Post office..... I am almost in the middle of your state!
As for taxes, I think for someone to bring a pin from Canada to the US there is no hassle at all. Now come the other way and.....

PM and offer sent. I can pick up. I'll take my chances with the border crossing.

#1493 8 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

You guys are in for a treat in the next few months with the exchange rate. It will come up to 30% around August, meaning a 5K CDN pin will be $3500 USD.

It's already at 30% right now, no?

1 week later
#1520 8 years ago

not sure what the big deal about it is really to be honest. its fun for a day or 2, you master it..its done.

You mastered it in a day or two Andy? I played Fotherby's (which is in really nice shape and I think he paid around 1200-1300?) and I was addicted after a couple of hours of play. But I came nowhere near mastering it. I don't even think I completed half of it (nor anyone else at DPL that night.) It's just a different type of game with physical interaction (like pinball) so I thought it was pretty unique.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinChili.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition?tu=PinChili and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.