(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,512 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 9,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 191.
#3801 7 years ago

I have a Paragon Popcorn Machine for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/47591

Can probably deliver to PATZ. Message with any questions.

Chris

#3802 7 years ago

Planning to bring a Gottlieb 300 for sale to PATZ but if it sells in the meantime I could use the room (per the wife anyway.) So keep an eye on detroit metro craigslist.

#3803 7 years ago

I have a Dungeons & Dragons, Black Knight, Phoenix and Super Sonic that I would be willing to sell if anyone is looking for any or all I could deliver at PATZ.

#3804 7 years ago

Throwing up the ole Stern Star Trek again.
http://imgur.com/a/QAqc6
Has Aurichs super awesome translight/speaker grill vinyl.
350 Plays
Asking 5500.00

Added over 7 years ago: Sold.

Thanks much all.

#3805 7 years ago

I will be making the road trip to VFW pinball May 6th. Looking for the following:
WTB: System 9 (or system 11(no letter)) backbox for a Sorcerer. I believe they are the same back box. Wrong game or beat up art doesn't matter. Just has to be good structurally.
WTT: I HAVE: bally skill roll playfield/light panel that is mostly complete ( no lever assemblies, just the playfield.) It is missing a couple switches and maybe the coil. I WANT: skill roll complete back door with all the units/mechs. Missing counters is ok.
Added over 7 years ago:

Other - Wanted
Wanted! - “I have a skill roll playfield that is missing: coil plunger, and the two 80 pt switches/assemblies (should be able to use a coin door switch as replacement). The backside plies are...”
2017-07-05
Aurora, SD
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 214 times

Added over 7 years ago: Update: pulled the playfield and made an accurate market post with pictures.

#3806 7 years ago

I have an Austin Powers machine for sale:

Machine - For Sale
Austin Powers Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “We have owned this game for around 10-15 years. It works and is in great condition. We used to play it quite a bit when first purchased. However, it has probably only been played a...”
2017-04-08
Woodhaven, MI
2,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 332 times

#3807 7 years ago

Looking for chexx parts at pats. Dome players etc..

#3808 7 years ago

If you havent been to a lot of shows, they are by far the best and easiest place to sell games. If you bring a game for sale to patz and it is fair priced, it will sell for sure. Plus we have the auction on the last day (courtesy of J dayhuff), which cost nothing to buy or sell! winner winner chicken dinner.
PATZ, in my opinion is the best show, and my favorite. It has just the right level or organization. Not lots of hassle, and always works out.
The only problem with PATZ is it is after the worst week of the year, TAXES. I am always broke after I pay my taxes on the 15th, and I am looking for people to loan me money at less than 10% because of all of the games and parts at the show.

I also have a bunch of stuff I am going to bring for the free table that John dayhuff runs. You cant write it off, but it makes me feel good for the parts to go to use that have been cluttering up the place for 10 years. I am not interested in listing a 10 dollar obscure part on flea bay, and then shipping it for more money than the part sold for. So I throw this challange out there. Take a look thru your junk that is too good to throw away. you would be suprised how happy it makes someone when they find something they need on the free table (or more likely can sell for a profit next week on ebay) I had to throw in some sarcasim for my peeps.

see ya at the show. if anyonme is interested in a free tour of the kruzman compound bring coffee and donuts, and come over before I leave for the show.
cheers kruzman

#3809 7 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

If you havent been to a lot of shows, they are by far the best and easiest place to sell games. If you bring a game for sale to patz and it is fair priced, it will sell for sure. Plus we have the auction on the last day (courtesy of J dayhuff), which cost nothing to buy or sell! winner winner chicken dinner.
PATZ, in my opinion is the best show, and my favorite. It has just the right level or organization. Not lots of hassle, and always works out.
The only problem with PATZ is it is after the worst week of the year, TAXES. I am always broke after I pay my taxes on the 15th, and I am looking for people to loan me money at less than 10% because of all of the games and parts at the show.
I also have a bunch of stuff I am going to bring for the free table that John dayhuff runs. You cant write it off, but it makes me feel good for the parts to go to use that have been cluttering up the place for 10 years. I am not interested in listing a 10 dollar obscure part on flea bay, and then shipping it for more money than the part sold for. So I throw this challange out there. Take a look thru your junk that is too good to throw away. you would be suprised how happy it makes someone when they find something they need on the free table (or more likely can sell for a profit next week on ebay) I had to throw in some sarcasim for my peeps.
see ya at the show. if anyonme is interested in a free tour of the kruzman compound bring coffee and donuts, and come over before I leave for the show.
cheers kruzman

This might be a dumb question, but why wouldn't you just pay your taxes earlier?

#3810 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

This might be a dumb question, but why wouldn't you just pay your taxes earlier?

How far in advance do you pay your big bills? I don't know about Ron but I keep my cash working for me as long as I can.

#3811 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

#3812 7 years ago

If the answer is not obvious to you, it is a dumb question. Or you have never met someone who is self employeed. you pay quarterlys, and in april you pay 2 quarters, also when you are self employeed and you claim income from several diffrent places your tax returs are easily 50 pages. so I hope that answers the question. chris actually answered it better than I did.
every dollar I have is money I can invest in to my business. more pf stock, materials like clearcoat, why would I send the gov a couple thousand early when I dont have enough as it is. I wait till the last day, like everyone who is self employeed and pays, does.

#3813 7 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

If the answer is not obvious to you, it is a dumb question. Or you have never met someone who is self employeed. you pay quarterlys, and in april you pay 2 quarters, also when you are self employeed and you claim income from several diffrent places your tax returs are easily 50 pages. so I hope that answers the question. chris actually answered it better than I did.
every dollar I have is money I can invest in to my business. more pf stock, materials like clearcoat, why would I send the gov a couple thousand early when I dont have enough as it is. I wait till the last day, like everyone who is self employeed and pays, does.

I was self employed for 4 years and never did that, but then again, I wasn't making enough money at it to be heavily investing or worrying about when the government gets their money. I'm sure I gave away a bit more money than I had to, but I'm not crying over it.

#3814 7 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I'm self employed as well.....and wait till the last day to pay. Although my corporate taxes are actually due March 15th...so I get to deal with it twice in two months!

#3815 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I was self employed for 4 years and never did that, but then again, I wasn't making enough money...

Jesus have you seen the price of clear coating

#3816 7 years ago

everyone stop bickering! wait nm I thought I was at home listening to my kids...

#3817 7 years ago

Or wife

#3818 7 years ago

as for taxes I dont mind paying my share, and I want to say I purposly have no children, and I pay a whole lot of taxes to send your booger nosed kids to school, but I figure if I dont they will end up robbing me anyway, so it is a wash. HA. I have always wanted to say that after hearing so many people complain about poor people getting entitlements (which is a bad word for it, even when misspelled). Plus I love the roads, national parks, freedom.

But thats not why I write. I thought I posted this but maybe I didnt, because I have another thread I post on, my nos pf's available thread. I highly reccomend, great read. But I want to mention that my victory is no longer available.
But the no fear is available, 2300. sweet game, no pf wear, very nice cab, but somewhat faded. I have owned it longer than 5 years, and it is one of the few wpc games in my corral lately that dosnet break down.
cheers, kruzman

#3819 7 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

What about the "after party" on Saturday night?

#3820 7 years ago

So I've got to ask, who snagged the BOP in Howell for 1200 bucks today? I responded an hour after it posted to Craigslist and I was already too late....someone scored quite well

#3821 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingsley73:

So I've got to ask, who snagged the BOP in Howell for 1200 bucks today? I responded an hour after it posted to Craigslist and I was already too late....someone scored quite well

These guys are fast or it was bullshit.

#3822 7 years ago

What's up with the 1k Eight Ball Deluxe on CL?

#3823 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

These guys are fast or it was bullshit.

I was trying to figure that out myself but it looked legit...

#3824 7 years ago

Things I don't have to do tonight

1) listen to a wife bitch
2) ask permission of the wife to play the over in the Rockets game
3) feel guilty if I have some bourbon

#3825 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I was self employed for 4 years and never did that, but then again, I wasn't making enough money at it to be heavily investing or worrying about when the government gets their money. I'm sure I gave away a bit more money than I had to, but I'm not crying over it.

The smartest Americans, we have found out, pay absolutely no taxes.

#3826 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The smartest Americans, we have found out, pay absolutely no taxes.

well, except the ones in jail, but yeah maybe they wanted to be there...

#3827 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingsley73:

I called about an hour after it posted and the phone went straight to voicemail. Someone got a great deal

#3828 7 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Me neither. My wife has found many of my best bottles, she doesn't drink a drop but enjoys the hunt. If she ever raises a fuss about anything chances are I asked for it.

#3829 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I called about an hour after it posted and the phone went straight to voicemail. Someone got a great deal

Agreed....I was bummed.

#3830 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingsley73:

You'll know who got it in about 10 days when they list it on here for $2500 and no it wasn't me who got it

#3831 7 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

You'll know who got it in about 10 days when they list it on here for $2500 and no it wasn't me who got it

Yep I figured I'd start watching the marketplace.

#3832 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingsley73:

I got a response from the guy less than an hour after it posted and there were 2 guys ahead of me. Sounded legit. The 8 Ball Deluxe was still on there an hour or so ago.
Someone got a good deal. Hope they enjoy it and dont just flip it.

#3833 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingsley73:

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Will anyone admit to getting it?

I got lucky (and not so lucky), saw it show up 10 minutes after posted, was the first to call. He sounded legit, though he couldn't tell me much about it other than it worked and looked good, and he even mentioned had a semi working ms Pac-Man man cocktail he wanted to sell for $250 if I was interested. I have been looking for one, so I said hell yes! I confirmed with him the price and pickup for tomorrow. I knew the price was good, so I was of course worried he would get tons of calls and offered higher prices.

Sure enough, an hour later I get a call back from him. However it was not the bad news is expected! He said he was getting slammed with calls and even received higher offers. Said someone else was willing to pick both machines up tonight. But he also confirmed that I was the first to call, he said i could come and pick it up tonight! He didn't want to go back on his word. Sweet!!

I thought I was all set for pickup! I made plans to borrow a truck, a friend to help load/unload, an esclara to get it out of the basement...

Then out of nowhere, I get a "sorry..." text message about his wife promising the machines to a coworker, and he will get back if that doesn't go through... nothing yet.

Ughhhhh!

#3834 7 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Will anyone admit to getting it?
I got lucky (and not so lucky), saw it show up 10 minutes after posted, was the first to call. He sounded legit, though he couldn't tell me much about it other than it worked and looked good, and he even mentioned had a semi working ms Pac-Man man cocktail he wanted to sell for $250 if I was interested. I have been looking for one, so I said hell yes! I confirmed with him the price and pickup for tomorrow. I knew the price was good, so I was of course worried he would get tons of calls and offered higher prices.
Sure enough, an hour later I get a call back from him. However it was not the bad news is expected! He said he was getting slammed with calls and even received higher offers. Said someone else was willing to pick both machines up tonight. But he also confirmed that I was the first to call, he said i could come and pick it up tonight! He didn't want to go back on his word. Sweet!!
I thought I was all set for pickup! I made plans to borrow a truck, a friend to help load/unload, an esclara to get it out of the basement...
Then out of nowhere, I get a "sorry..." text message about his wife promising the machines to a coworker, and he will get back if that doesn't go through... nothing yet.
Ughhhhh!

Someone offered enough to make him reconsider. Good for him.

#3835 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Someone offered enough to make him reconsider. Good for him.

Man, I was so excited when I saw it but I just knew I was already too late. From the pictures it looked really nice, too. Oh well, maybe someday I'll stumble upon my deal of a lifetime!

#3836 7 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Ughhhhh!

got to love that shit. I have learned that you cant even wait one day or someone will swoop in and get it ahead of you.

#3837 7 years ago

Rule #1 - Drop what you're doing and get over there immediately.

Rule #2 - See rule #1.

If you're getting a $2400.00 game for $1200, rent a truck from Home Depot for $75.00. But do it NOW.

I've made the same mistake so I feel your pain.

#3838 7 years ago

Ive been the first caller before on a good deal for less than an hour drive. Left immediately. 10 miles away i get texts that someones offering more after he said it was definately mine. I went back and forth offering a tad more, then a half mile away he said it was spoken for, someone had sent a deposit. I went off on him for saying its mine and wasting 2 hour round trip. If he was going to go auction style, tell me so i dont waste my time!

#3839 7 years ago

I always ask the person to pull the ad if I am on my way.

#3840 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

I always ask the person to pull the ad if I am on my way.

Same here.

#3841 7 years ago

Michigan is like sharks with a drop of blood in the water. Don't know why half the country does not bring pins up here.

#3842 7 years ago

Michigan is like sharks with a drop of blood in the water. Don't know why half the country does not bring pins up here.

Because where a bunch of cheap asses

#3843 7 years ago

Don't know why half the country does not bring pins up here.

They don't want to deal with CHoggard trying to lowball them.

#3844 7 years ago

Scared Stiff available

#3845 7 years ago

Road Show Available

#3846 7 years ago

All,
looking to trade my Escalera model MS-66 with the forklift and big wheel attachment. Note that this is an older version that the forks are not detatchable.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2017/page/5#post-3701912

Everything works fine. It's just with the extra 1.5" of depth the fork channels add, I can't make the turn on the landing down into my basement. Looking to trade for a standard Escalera MS-66. Basically, we trade and you get the forks and big wheels for free!

Will be able to swap at the VFW show in a few weeks, or could meet along the I-94 corridor between Ann Arbor and Madison, WI.

Thanks,
Eric V.

#3847 7 years ago

This post put a smile on my face. I dont know who wrote it, but I can relate, and I am happy for the poster.
cheers kruzman

#3848 7 years ago

No doubt! It seems unless you want to drop everything to chase a game, you will never get a shot at a decent title for a good price. Glad I have other hobbies that aren't as cut throat!

#3849 7 years ago

For those interested that did not see this in the other event threads ... Invisiglass is never discounted anymore so now's your chance.

**** JJP Invisiglass Sale at the VFW and PATZ Show ****

I received the prices that Gary from Abel worked out with JJP for a Invisiglass sale at the shows. He is going to include the PATZ show if we can quickly get a count in time for that. It all depends on how many will actually firmly commit. The more sheets that are purchased by this group buy, the cheaper it will be. Gary's cash payment prices are as follows:

10 total group sheets or more = $255 each
8 total group sheets or more = $265 each
6 total group sheets or more = $275 each

Gary said that the price includes tax and his delivery to the shows for your pickup. He needs at least a weeks notice, so for the group discount to be in time for the PATZ event, we need a definite committed count by Friday. Gary will disclose how he will accept the group cash payment (the logistics of how we can get this done) once we get the count.

PM me with your committed count of sheets and what size - Standard or Wide Body, and which show you would pick the glass up at (VFW or PATZ). Give me your "real" name and phone number too to pass along to Gary. We will likely use your phone number as your password to acquire your sheets at the show (or something similar). More updates will follow as Gary feeds me the info/directions. Let's at least get 10 sheets as a group for the best discount.

#3850 7 years ago

I am going to start seeding the idea of invisiglass with my customers. That stuff is awesome. To me aprox 300 is a lot of money, but if you just put in a beautiful pf, or you are one of the people who spend a kings ransom on mods and lights, I would start with the glass then go from there.

ok, so where is my check?

There are 9,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition/page/77?hl=newport-bill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.