(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,512 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 9,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 191.
#2501 8 years ago

Thanks Adam still enjoying Star Trek. Had Steve at pinball refinery add some lighting effects including speaker light kit. Also added mirror blades. Looks sweet. Still haven't beat your high scores. Damn it. lol

#2502 8 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

For sale a very decent CFTBL $5500 obo $4500 without mods. This has been at PATZ the last 2 years.
Has Mike D's lcd mod, Color Dmd, snack bar, pop bumpers, led's, additional lighting effects, speaker lights, and undercab lighting.

20160221_171849_(resized).jpg20160221_171854_(resized).jpg20160221_171910_(resized).jpg20160221_171918_(resized).jpg20160221_173203_(resized).jpg20160221_173246_(resized).jpg20160221_173603_(resized).jpg20150419_203238_(resized).jpg

I got to play this along with the other games that Chris brought that year. This thing is a beauty! He always brings the good stuff that he restores......
Buy with confidence

#2503 8 years ago

Any interest in a Tron LE? Not too many mods. ColorDMD. Goody bags attached. I just decided while I'm at work and haven't taken pictures yet. PM me if interested. I'll add some pictures tonight.

#2504 8 years ago

You sure you don't want to wait until the Tron ColorDMD code is released? You've waited this long, you might as well have one week in full glorious color.

#2505 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

You sure you don't want to wait until the Tron ColorDMD code is released? You've waited this long, you might as well have one week in full glorious color.

You putting one in your Tron? How is Tron treating you?

#2506 8 years ago

The entire family has been enjoying Tron, especially after remixing the music (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-music-replacement-work-in-progress). I haven't decided on the ColorDMD yet.

#2507 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Well the code comes out Friday and I doubt the game will sell that quick. Still enjoying Transformers?

#2508 8 years ago

I just listed A Rare diamond plate DR DUDE nos pf on the market place. It has one of my best clearcoats to date, mostly because I spent 2 days polishing it. The pf is drilled, dimpled, absolutely flawless, VERY RARE. Dropped the price to 1600 includes a custom heavy duty shipping crate. There are pics in the listing. This is one of if not the best pf I have done.
I will trade for a game also. cheers, kruzman

PB257859_(resized).JPGPB257859_(resized).JPG

#2509 8 years ago

Both are sci-fi themes, have great electronic music soundtracks that rock the subwoofer, have names start with "Tr", and where the player acts as the main protagonist of the movies who is named Sam. Weird coincidence. All in all, the family has never enjoyed pinball more. Thanks Leachdude and DylanFan71.

20160224_193119_(resized).jpg20160224_193119_(resized).jpg

Sorry for posting pictures of machines that are not for sale, but both machines were purchased through this awesome thread from awesome sellers. Every transaction I've done through this thread has been a pleasure and there are plenty of people I hope to get a chance to trade with in the future.

#2510 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Well the code comes out Friday and I doubt the game will sell that quick.

If you want to try a music remix, let me know. Feedback has been positive so far. Between ColorDMD and new music, it could feel like a new machine.

#2511 8 years ago

king of rock and roll

#2512 8 years ago

Eatpm for sale. Please see add.

#2513 8 years ago

i have a MSF for trade. AKA frankenstein looking for another sega or data east pin. let me know if you have anything you would like to trade. its a very nice example with LEDs I'm located in Marquette MI but willing to travel. send me a PM as i don't check this enough

#2514 8 years ago

I have a jack bot for sale, has a new driver board and LEDs installed asking 2400 or obo
thanks

IMG_2629.JPGIMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2618.JPGIMG_2618.JPG

IMG_2619.JPGIMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2620.JPGIMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2621.JPGIMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2625.JPGIMG_2625.JPG

IMG_2627.JPGIMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2626.JPGIMG_2626.JPG

#2515 8 years ago

I have a "Far Out" project I think its time to sell. I bought this as part of a lot. I went to pick up a couple of other machines and fell in love with the look and layout of this and bought it on site and dragged it home on a whim. Unfortunately I don't have the time or the know-how to get this working again and the money would be better spent elsewhere. It is cool. Specific drop targets light for more points and it rotates as switches are hit. It also features a ball-save gate on both sides. It really is cool. The fact remains though. I've sat on this for two years and not even had time to do more than remove a few plastics (I have all but the left slingshot one... so in a pinch, any will basically fit). The glass is totally insane and this one is in pretty good shape. Its what initially drew me to the game. The playfield is good for its age and will clean up nice. No exposed wood or bad inserts. I put a magic eraser to it in a few spots and they cleaned up pretty good. The exterior is the only part that has a few scratches through it and some scuffs on the front. I dragged it home for about $400. Its still a pretty rare game and I'd like to get in that neighborhood back out of it. I can deliver to the VFW show or PATZ if interested. Trades are always welcome. I love all eras of pinball. I just would rather this go to someone who can do the tinkering she needs without learning every step of the way. The wife wants something she can play, so I'll put this toward a playable pin lol.

IMG_0945_(resized).JPGIMG_0945_(resized).JPG

IMG_0946_(resized).JPGIMG_0946_(resized).JPG

IMG_0947_(resized).JPGIMG_0947_(resized).JPG

IMG_0948_(resized).JPGIMG_0948_(resized).JPG

IMG_0949_(resized).JPGIMG_0949_(resized).JPG

IMG_0950_(resized).JPGIMG_0950_(resized).JPG

IMG_0951_(resized).JPGIMG_0951_(resized).JPG

#2516 8 years ago

Also. Other than the missing left slingshot. All plastics are accounted for I believe. I pulled them off in a fit of optimism lol. Also, all are in great shape and no cracked or broken ones. Just one missing lol. At least its one you can temp with literally any Gottlieb sling plastic until you find one... or print one. I took the pictures as the project sits. I of course also usually close those drapes but wanted some light for the pictures. I also have legs in the garage. I didn't take pics of them. They had pretty haggard levelers so the wife didn't want them on the carpet... hence the saw-horses.

#2517 8 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just listed A Rare diamond plate DR DUDE nos pf on the market place. It has one of my best clearcoats to date, mostly because I spent 2 days polishing it. The pf is drilled, dimpled, absolutely flawless, VERY RARE. Dropped the price to 1600 includes a custom heavy duty shipping crate. There are pics in the listing. This is one of if not the best pf I have done.
I will trade for a game also. cheers, kruzman

PB257859_(resized).JPG

The play field looks great but unfortunately the Whole game is only worth 1500. glws

#2518 8 years ago
Quoted from Gensega:

I have a "Far Out" project I think its time to sell. I bought this as part of a lot. I went to pick up a couple of other machines and fell in love with the look and layout of this and bought it on site and dragged it home on a whim. Unfortunately I don't have the time or the know-how to get this working again...

There's no need to fear. Underspin is here.

Dude just bring it up here and I'll get it running for you.

#2519 8 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

The play field looks great but unfortunately the Whole game is only worth 1500. glws

Right, since the game is not worth much money nobody in there right mind should ever throw in a new playfield especially one professionally clearcoated and perfect. The price is outrageous, i mean they give playfields away right! And what does 50-100 hours of labor really cost $25 or so. Materials are probably free as well.

Well i am a big moron as i have an $1800 Kruzman TZ main and mini pf, getting a new cab, cab decals, plastics, ect... i will never see that money again but its actually ok as i love TZ and want a perfect one. I really hope you were joking but it struck a nerve so you get a ridiculous rant, yep i know.

#2520 8 years ago

I dis-agree.
There are collectors who appreciate games with NOS and cleared playfields, and *they* will pay more to reflect the restoration.

You may not have seen their home collections, yet.

Quoted from tonycip:

#2521 8 years ago

I bought a beater taxi and had the crappy pf professionally restored. But it's a game I love so it's important to me.

Someone may want a dr dude with an amazing pf regardless of what it costs.

#2522 8 years ago

tonycip,

Reminds me of a High Speed CPR Gold pf someone spent too much for.

That inspired me to buy an expensive NOS dp pf for a beater Riverboat Gambler last Fall.

After a couple hundred hours of tedious labor and ridiculous Marcos expenditures I have something that makes me smile.....

I will certainly never recover all that money and time.

I think it is caused by an affliction called 'pin syndrome'.

Someone will give some love to a Dr. Dude too....

Bud

#2523 8 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

I think it is caused by an affliction called 'pin syndrome'.

Oh there is a term for it....."hobby". AKA spending crazy money on stuff no one needs and loving every minute of it. If you love a particular game spending stupid money (and time) fixing it up just comes with the territory.

#2524 8 years ago

The guys at nifty LED's just restored one, I bet they're drooling over that playfield

#2525 8 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Right, since the game is not worth much money nobody in there right mind should ever throw in a new playfield especially one professionally clearcoated and perfect. The price is outrageous, i mean they give playfields away right! And what does 50-100 hours of labor really cost $25 or so. Materials are probably free as well.
Well i am a big moron as i have an $1800 Kruzman TZ main and mini pf, getting a new cab, cab decals, plastics, ect... i will never see that money again but its actually ok as i love TZ and want a perfect one. I really hope you were joking but it struck a nerve so you get a ridiculous rant, yep i know.

You mad bro!!.
I didn't do any name calling. In fact I said it looked great. If you feel that passionate about a title to do that for it that's great. It's going to be tough to find someone else who shares you feeling to spend more for a playfield then the whole game is worth. Most people do that becomes it's special to them..

#2526 8 years ago

Like how I spent 1200 fixing a cleopatra I sold for 500

#2527 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Like how I spent 1200 fixing a cleopatra I sold for 500

Ouch!

#2528 8 years ago

Any pins for sale up in Michigan?

#2529 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Any pins for sale up in Michigan?

I'm gonna sell my Met Pro in the next while

#2530 8 years ago

I Sill got Elvis for only $3800!
Just pulled it out of pin room.
Right at the front door ready to go.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2531 8 years ago

Is there a Game of Thrones on location in southeast Michigan? Thanks.

#2532 8 years ago

I just listed my Stern Playboy if anyone wants to make a trip down to the buckeye state.

#2533 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Pinball Petes has an LE in Ann Arbor.

#2534 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Petes in Ann Arbor has an LE.

#2535 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

M-Brew in Ferndale has a Pro

#2536 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I played one at M Brew in Ferndale about three weeks ago or so.

#2537 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball Petes has an LE in Ann Arbor.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Petes in Ann Arbor has an LE.

Thanks guys. I'll check it out tonight.

#2538 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Thanks guys. I'll check it out tonight.

Great game! Well I haven't played the LE but I sure love my pro.

#2539 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Great game! Well I haven't played the LE but I sure love my pro.

I'm interested for sure. Seems like an immersive game of adventure. Not enough games like that. Seems like most newer games have gone the way of most Americans' tastes- in your face, brash, and impatient.

#2540 8 years ago

Coming soon and these will be for sale:

a Custom Shrek and a custom The Walking Dead Premium machines....

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#2541 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I bought a beater taxi and had the crappy pf professionally restored. But it's a game I love so it's important to me.
Someone may want a dr dude with an amazing pf regardless of what it costs.

Believe me... I am temped. Kruz and I are practically neighbors!

#2542 8 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

You mad bro!!.
I didn't do any name calling. In fact I said it looked great. If you feel that passionate about a title to do that for it that's great. It's going to be tough to find someone else who shares you feeling to spend more for a playfield then the whole game is worth. Most people do that becomes it's special to them..

No not mad, i ate a Snickers and removed the sand from my nether regions. Everything is good now. Really tired of hearing "but that cost more than i payed for the game."

I should have a BSD coming up for sale soon to kinda get back on topic here.

#2543 8 years ago

Update
Guns N Roses $4,900 Tee'd off $2,000 Shaq Attaq $2,000 Gladiator $2,000 Escape from Lost world (yes with silkscreened glass) $2,000 -Silverball mania $1,200 , Trident $1,200, Time killers acrade game $500, Bally Hardbody $1,200, Swinger $1,200, Stellar wars $1,200, Tag team wrestling $1,200 The rest are sold already.. Serious buyers only.. thanks..located Brooklyn
EDIT- Guns N Roses sold and gone, Tag Team & Gladiator sold pending pick up. . buyer passed on silverball so thats still available. Also Clay was here and repaired Simpsons yesterday and its in great working order now.. THANKS CLAY!

#2544 8 years ago

Every week I hear it several times 'That's more than I paid for the game" I am sure some of the people who have said that to me are reading this right now. I just have to know, maybe you guys can help me. Someone bothered to post that my dr dude is more than the game is worth and the game is a 1500 dollar game. I just bought one a couple weeks ago from Robert cheek for 2k, and it was a deal, he could have got 300 more because of the condition. But here is one question, if you put a rare (and I mean very rare) diamond plate nos pf with my 500$ clearcoat, do you really think the game is now worth 1500. if so sign me up. I would pay between 3-3500 for a restored dr dude.Think about how much games are selling new for. If your work is quality and you restore a game to like new? I would love a restored black knight for 3500. But some people would say that a 1300 game . NO it is not when it is restored, especially with NOS PF"S!!!

Here is the other assumption you make when you say "That is more than I paid for the game" By that logic we should only restore AFM, MM, taf, and the other a titles. also should cpr price their pf's on what the game sells for. I can but a crap ek for 300, and the pf is about20-25% of the game worth, so should they sell that pf for $75, because of what the game is selling for? Is there a small chance that the game will sell for a little more restored? I just bought a flight 2k for$2k, But hold on ron, that's an 800 dollar game on a sunny day you got burned. The cab is about a 7 the bg is maybe a 9, and I feel like I got a steal. Its got a new pf and plastics, and looks nice.

I have a nice house, I have nice things, I am not going to put a game with a smoked pf in the living room, and I like the older games.

Every day I spend more than 2-3 hours in the morning answering every single email, and people who I don't know will ask how much for a pf and my clear. It takes me more than 20 minutes to describe the pf and my clear process (my clear process is expensive, so I like to explain why) sometimes I include pics. I get about 50-100 emails every single day. after I bother to write the reply assuming that the person knows that if you install a rare nos pf in a game plus the credibility that goes with my name on the clear coat, it will raise the value of the game. In fact, in every case that I know of, it is profitable to install my work. It not just for the love of the hobby. generally someone who bothers to pay for my work, keeps the entire restoration to that level of quality, meaning sometimes a better than new game. meaning you will make money, because there are people who want nice games besides afm, and MM, and don't have the time to do a pf swap. I bought a batman forever this month with a bill davis restored pf. Guess what? it cost more than the average batman is selling for. This is not even a complicated concept.

I am interested in eventually having my entire collection have new cleared pf's, and I may do a couple but I plan to buy the rest. If there are any dr dudes out there with new diamondplate NOS pf clearcoated by a professional, it dosent even have to be me, for $1500, please call me. please.
On a realistic note, if anyone has a non A-title game that has been restored with a new pf, and it would be nice if the rest of the game was restored to match, but not necessary, I am interested. And you don't have to spend 30 pics and 20 mins describing it, and worry about me saying that's a 1500 dollar game! or what ever the lowball price for that title happens to be.

There are people in pinball that like worn games, and there are people who like shinny new games, and everything in-between, even though its not your cup of tea, you will someday have to understand that there are others with different priority's than yours, and they are not wrong. Pinball is starting to mimic the political environment in America. My way is the only right way.

If you have made it this far, I apologies for veering off the for sale direction, and yes this is all my opinion, just like all of the post above. I just ask one more thing. I know a lot of friends are going to want to start messing with me, by posting on my for sale posts "That's more than I paid for the game" I seriously ask you don't, because I am not kidding around about this. Its a huge waste of my morning time when I could be working.
I also want to thank my supporters who sent money this week, I couldn't stay in business without my benefactors, and I want to thank JEFF WARRICK for being the coolest muther f'er this month. I have been posting and begging for 2 months to burrow or buy an EBD pf so I can make a dimple template, and NO ONE has offered to help. I don't think I have even met jeff or Gatecrasher as he is known here on pinside, but he sent me a pf, no charge this week. I am very aware of the people in the hobby that we are lucky to have, and it inspires me to help others.

Actually here, I will keep it about for sale in Michigan: I have about 75 NOS, new repro pf's for sale. I will put together a new list this coming week. If you are looking for anything, feel free to ask. here is the deal of the month, and it falls in the price logic discussed.
I have a beautiful NOS Williams contact pf. drilled and dimpled. fantastic condition $250. shipping available

#2545 8 years ago

As always, just ignore the price police...even if you put the playfield at $900, somebody would bitch about it.

"Who cares about a DiamondPlate playfield???? Once you clearcoat over it, the ball is wearing on the new clear, not the Diamondplate...All Diamondplate gives you is cloudy inserts." - Yours Truly, Pinside

#2546 8 years ago

I played GOT LE at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor and absolutely loved it. (Thanks to those who mentioned on this thread that they have it.) Aside from the obvious upper playfield, I'd love for anyone to go over the pluses and minuses, from their perspective, between the Premium/LE and the Pro. I've only watched the show casually, but I do like how immersive the game is, and that it seems like I barely scratched the surface of what it was all about after about 10 plays. (Adam- I know you have the pro and would love for you to chime in if you read this, especially if you've played both.)

I've never purchased NIB, so I definitely want to tread lightly. The first time I ever got NIB quotes was for AC/DC back in 2012. The quotes were $4100 shipped for a pro and $6050 shipped for a premium. The other time I got quotes was for the latest run of Iron Man Vault Edition. After striking out, I asked the distributors what they were asking for pros and premiums in general. $4895 shipped for a pro and $6500 shipped for a premium were the best quotes I got, and pretty consistent across the board. That might be prohibitive for me-- I don't know. Has anyone heard of any less at all, or is that pretty much the going rate? From what I gathered, there seems to be a bit of price fixing as well to appease those distributors that like to charge even more.

Thanks a lot for any advice on the game itself or in purchasing, Michigan pinheads. I really appreciate it.

#2547 8 years ago

I think he was speaking to the rarity of that pf as only 100 Diamond plate playfields were made. Obviously that clear means nothing after a Rons work.

#2548 8 years ago

Vid is being sarcastic. he gets it, but its not the price police. Maybe some folks don't realize that just getting the best price from someone on cl who didn't know better isn't always the best part of pinball. For some people it is restoring a game title they love for whatever reason, and the reward of doing your best work or paying someone else hard earned money who is better suited to do the work. Then to have a game that is so impressive, when a friend comes over you don't brag about the deal. You brag that it is the best parts, the best craftsmen, and better than new
For some folks its not about getting a steal on a game. Price police, that crap doesn't matter. If you think about it, we are grown men spending more on a GAME than you spent on your wifes wedding ring. FU_K the price.

#2549 8 years ago

Since that post was off topic:
I have a nice EK backglass from a game that had a lot of cat pee, so I junked it, but the Bg has been in my rom for a year and dosent smell. I will take pics when the sun comes up. I wont ship glass, but if you are going to patz, I can bring it. It has one super thin scratch along the bottom where the match numbers are, that looks like a razor cut made by someone who wanted to get the shrink wrap off
its not perfect, but I would say 8.5 and I haven't cleaned it, which I will do tomorrow, the best part is the art is not lifting at all. 80 bucks sounds fair.
I also have the nude matta hari I got from the guy in Detroit who restores them. unfortunately within months the art has separated from the glass around the entire edge a couple inches, but if there is any way to fix it, it is very beautiful. I also got a viper BG from him that is doing the same thing. So I am going to lose my butt but If interested...

P1317936_(resized).JPGP1317936_(resized).JPG

P1317937_(resized).JPGP1317937_(resized).JPG

#2550 8 years ago

I stopped by Kruzman's recently and checked out that Dr. Dude playfield in person, and I can tell you it's absolutely a work of art. It's just perfection. If someone wanted to restore a Dr. Dude to perfection, this would be the playfield they'd want.

Jeff R.

There are 9,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.