(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,458 posts
  • 575 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 366 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 9,458 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 190.
#2401 8 years ago

Amkeopfer, perhaps you read my add wrong, I have Escape from the Lost World, its not a Jurassic park game. It is a dinosaur game though.. when I bought it I actually thought it was a Jurassic Park one since it was called lost world. but it came out years before Jurassic park did.. quite confusing actually. I didnt realize it wasnt jurassic park until I started looking for a manual for it.. it has a neat silk screened playfield glass with dinosaurs in the glass.

#2402 8 years ago

Here is a short video for everybody thats been asking about Tag Team Wrestling.. have current full price offer, if you want to make an offer it will need to be above that.. will leave for sale for a few days
https://www.instagram.com/p/BB5nsqhphXX/?taken-by=brooklyn.shirt.co

#2403 8 years ago

No, i was commenting that you had a gladiators for sale, not lost world. I did always think that was another jp game though!

#2404 8 years ago

If you were going to use either prestige in walled Lake, or big toy in Sterling Heights, prestige is going to win hands down. The people at big toys are really screwing people as far as service and general work. I don't have much faith in them anymore now that Jeff Moore has left that business.

#2405 8 years ago

Ebc is still currently for sale
Thx

#2406 8 years ago

HATE shaker motors. Vibrates the hell outta everything.

Still lookin for mousin around

#2407 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I don't "hate" them, I just don't understand why everyone goes crazy for them and tries to add them on games that didn't even come with them.

#2408 8 years ago

Gladiators may be the strongest shaker I've ever experienced on a pin

#2409 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Still lookin for mousin around

You know the amount of "shake" is adjustable right? anywhere from 100% to 0%. Yep you can get 0 shake even with it plugged in and turned on to "MAX" in the settings.....just depends on how you adjust the weights on either side. If you set them completely opposite of each other they cancel each other out. You can adjust from there to your liking.

I think they add a TON to modern games that were programmed for them. The "Ram" shot on GOT is a totally different (massively improved) shot with a shaker motor.

#2410 8 years ago

I guess I should recant my statement hating shakers. I hate a TFTC once and it shook the whole damn house. Took it apart to dampen it, which helped, but still shook a ton.

Therefore:

I'm not a huge fan of shakers!

#2411 8 years ago

I once had that prototype Tesla Oscillator Shaker in one of my pins.

When the shaker somehow reached the resonant frequency of my home, I had to take an ax to the machine just before the roof caved in.

#2412 8 years ago

I love shakers but I tune mine down to just a small shake so I don't do damage to the game,I even added a shaker to bw and like it very much but again it is at about 25% like all my games

#2413 8 years ago

same thing, looking for a nice dmd game, 1200-2000 . good condition and somthing that is the right money. Mary Shelly Frankenstine , lah, judge dredd, elvira are some titles i would like

#2414 8 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

No luck trading White Water

image_(resized).jpeg

when you want to get rid of white water.....

#2415 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

If you were going to use either prestige in walled Lake, or big toy in Sterling Heights, prestige is going to win hands down. The people at big toys are really screwing people as far as service and general work. I don't have much faith in them anymore now that Jeff Moore has left that business.

Clay how so? I think nick and matt are pretty nice guys (although admittedly i have not bought any games from them).

#2416 8 years ago

they are nice guys but their service rates are out of control. i repaired a high speed for a guy at his house. he had it first to Big Toys and the repair bill was $800 !! And they replaced rubber and put in LEDs, that's about all they did. I've been doing in home service for a long time and i've never gave anyone a $800 repair bill (or even $400 !) Heck i did a complete shop job for a guy with a Twilight Zone that was submerged in a flood, complete playfield stripped down and cleaned, new parts and rubber rebuilt flippers, and it wasn't even $400 (though he did tip). Big Toys may be nice guys but you will get screwed. At least with Games we Play the person they have doing the work (Anita) has been there for probably 10 years doing this job. At Big Toys, you get the "yonkle of the week".

#2417 8 years ago

Wow 800 dollars? Damn. Thats outrageous. I know you do great work at incredibly reasonable rates clay. Youve been to my house to do a repair.

#2418 8 years ago

I believe we all realize what an incredible asset clay is and I feel for folks that don't have a reliable in home repair source that they can count on to fix there games

#2419 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I believe we all realize what an incredible asset clay is and I feel for folks that don't have a reliable in home repair source that they can count on to fix there games

every state needs a Clay!

Even though we dont have one, I have learned to be a better apprentice ninja due to all he does and shares!

#2420 8 years ago

StarShip Troopers: $2200
Flintstones: $3200
Shadow (Working, unshopped): $2825
Ripley's Believe it or Not! (Unshopped): $3350
Road Show Project (Playfield wear, boots, good DMD, will need lots of attention): $1950
Phantom of the Opera: $1300 (Works, playfield damage from locked-on flashers. Display nice and bright, but extra segments show up on some frames).
Star Trek Next Gen: $5100 (With ColorDMD).
F14: $2400 (Extremely nice, hence the dumb price).
Whirlwind: $3100 (Stupidly priced, since I'm on the fence if it is a keeper for me. New cabinet decals, all around nice).

And...I have a ridiculously large TV (73", Mitsubishi DLP) that I'd like to move out of my store-room at some point. (We upgraded to an 80" one). $250. (Cripes...take the light engine out of this thing, throw it on eBay, and instantly double/triple your money).

I think that's it for now.

You can always email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks!
Pete

#2421 8 years ago

are any of these container games?

#2422 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

F14: $2400 (Extremely nice, hence the dumb price).

I have played that F14 and "extremely nice" is an understatement. Red/Blue LEDs, new display, and its bright! Plays amazing! Pics man...Pics!

#2423 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

are any of these container games?

Road Show, Ripley's, and the Shadow have, at one point in their life, been in a container.

The others have not.

(Not that it makes any difference).

Was there a specific one you were interested in? I mean, that's a pretty long haul from Wisconsin...

Pete

#2424 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Road Show, Ripley's, and the Shadow have, at one point in their life, been in a container.
The others have not.
(Not that it makes any difference).
Was there a specific one you were interested in? I mean, that's a pretty long haul from Wisconsin...
Pete

I will be over in your next of the woods for VFW show so looking more actively at MI in the coming months.
The ones I am interested were in the container and I am not interested in the container games. I have seen a few of them that have made their way to WI and to me it definately makes a difference.

#2425 8 years ago

You pretty much have to take container games on a case by case basis. I was over at Pete's in 2014 to look at a couple of CFTBL that were container games and they were both really nice. I ended up buying one and it was a real easy shop job that I took over the top with refurbishing/restoring because the base game was so nice. There was no corrosion on any metal parts above or below the playfield, and the playfield and cabinet were in really nice shape. The hologram even worked! Now I have a really nice Creech in my collection that I'm very happy with. I gotta say thanks to Pete for this one.

#2426 8 years ago

Yeah, I don't want to turn this into a discussion on the merits of domestic vs container games...there are plenty of other places where that discussion can take place.

I will say this: I've seen domestic games that are crap, and I've seen container games that are gorgeous. (And...vice versa). If you automatically judge a game based on its import status, that is a bit shortsighted.

A large percentage of my own personal collection has spent time overseas...and I've had no real problems, outside of the typical "pinball is pinball" stuff. Similar issues can pop up in any DMD-era game, regardless of where it came from.

I'm not expecting to change your mind, of course...if it's not for you, it's not for you. I'm just not a fan of spreading misinformation that domestic games are somehow inherently superior. To me, that's a dangerous and misleading message.

Pete

#2427 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Yeah, I don't want to turn this into a discussion on the merits of domestic vs container games...there are plenty of other places where that discussion can take place.
I will say this: I've seen domestic games that are crap, and I've seen container games that are gorgeous. (And...vice versa). If you automatically judge a game based on its import status, that is a bit shortsighted.
A large percentage of my own personal collection has spent time overseas...and I've had no real problems, outside of the typical "pinball is pinball" stuff. Similar issues can pop up in any DMD-era game, regardless of where it came from.
I'm not expecting to change your mind, of course...if it's not for you, it's not for you. I'm just not a fan of spreading misinformation that domestic games are somehow inherently superior. To me, that's a dangerous and misleading message.
Pete

Totally agree Pete. Both my STTNG and IJ are re-imports and both are in real nice condition.

#2428 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

To me, that's a dangerous and misleading message.

I have some container games from back in the day that are great. I have also had domestic games that are crap. You are correct that the entire spectrum can be found in both cases.

I meant specifically the container games I have seen that have come from the most recent MI containers. Maybe I have just seen the bottom of the barrel but what I have seen has been pretty rough IME. Maybe only the turds make their way across lake Michigan

#2429 8 years ago

My CFTBL came from Pete, its a wonderful game. I've had no problems since I got it going on two years ago now.

#2430 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I meant specifically the container games I have seen that have come from the most recent MI containers. Maybe I have just seen the bottom of the barrel

Well, you are seeing things that are being purchased by people that live many, many, many hours away. Typically, if you are going to invest 10 hours of driving time, it's because you've found something stupidly cheap.

If you're getting the cheapest game out of a container...then, yeah...it might be the one that has the most issues. (Same is true if you are getting the cheapest domestic game from an operator).

Like, that RoadShow above. It's cheap. (Heck...I could probably part it out for more). The playfield has wear, and it will need significant attention. That game, however, is not representative of all container games...yet at that price, it is an attractive pin that will appeal to a larger market looking for something that'll fit their budget. If it was purchased by a buddy of yours and dragged back to Wisconsin, you may use it as validation for your belief that "all container games are turds" ....which I believe is an unfair assessment.

But, again...I'm not looking to change your mind, and I'm certainly not trying to misrepresent anything.

Pete

#2431 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My CFTBL came from Pete, its a wonderful game. I've had no problems since I got it going on two years ago now.

You and I must've split the two (2) CFTBL's that Pete had at the time. I think the one you got had very vibrant Creature graphics on the cabinet. They were both pretty darn nice.

#2432 8 years ago

How does one even know if your game is a container game? Is there really still a lot of pins being found overseas and sent in bulk back to the US?

Also, someone in MI sell me your gladiator with shaker at a good price! ; )

#2433 8 years ago

Any re-import games I have from Williams/Bally will note that the game is a 50hz model made for overseas use right on the serial number stickers in the cabinet and on the rear of the machine.

#2434 8 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

How does one even know if your game is a container game?

There are no "real" differences at all. There needs to be a voltage conversion when it comes back over, and some games had a single-slot coin door...but really, they are all the same. (All the container games I got in had "normal" coin doors...but I do have some in my collection with the single slot). Same parts, same boards, same everything.

Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Is there really still a lot of pins being found overseas and sent in bulk back to the US?

It's slowed down significantly, and certainly not like it was back in the heyday of containers (probably 10+ years ago now). I've stopped for now...the prices have gone up dramatically across the board, even with the last one I got (over a year ago).

#2435 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Like, that RoadShow above. It's cheap. (Heck...I could probably part it out for more). The playfield has wear, and it will need significant attention.

Your idea of cheap is a bit skewed. Frankly most of your prices are on the high side. Shadow is a 3k game. Most are going to spend 100 to shop it + 40 hours all to save 50 bucks off the going rate? Pass. 3350 RBION when the last rbion on here which was shopped failed to sell for 3k? I could go on, but you get the point.

Unshopped roadshow container game with playfield wear for 1900 is not cheap. If someone wants to buy it then good for you, but lotta headache for little savings.

#2436 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Your idea of cheap is a bit skewed.

That may or may not be the case. That said, whom you buy from should matter in the price. For example, I tend to reduce my initial price estimate when I am buying from someone without an established reputation on the premise that there may be more problems. Any rational buyer should offer a premium to someone with a known reputation for providing accurate and honest descriptions of the condition.

As another example, a seller who has owned the machine for a year will likely know more about the machine than any 30 minute examination can reveal. It's a matter of whether that seller is willing to share that knowledge with you. If the seller provides that information, isn't that worth something?

#2437 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

That may or may not be the case. That said, whom you buy from should matter in the price. For example, I tend to reduce my initial price estimate when I am buying from someone without an established reputation on the premise that there may be more problems. Any rational buyer should offer a premium to someone with a known reputation for providing accurate and honest descriptions of the condition.
As another example, a seller who has owned the machine for a year will likely know more about the machine than any 30 minute examination can reveal. It's a matter of whether that seller is willing to share that knowledge with you. If the seller provides that information, isn't that worth something?

Disagree entirely. I buy a machine based on what I can deduce. Not going to pay more because such and such person owned it.

I've bought machines from a couple people on here with good reputations and found things that should have been disclosed. I bought a machine from a local collector. Nice enough chap. He drops the machine off and within 10 minutes I notice the dmd is out-gassing in a corner. His response, your fault you looked it over before trading. Gone to look at machines from collectors on here described as 9/10 fully working machine. Go out only to find a faded, cabinet flaking, machine with some very very obvious issues. Trust no one but yourself. Mind you, that isn't to say there aren't great people in the hobby just that if you want to be happy double check everything first.

#2438 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I've bought machines from a couple people on here with good reputations and found things that should have been disclosed. I bought a machine from a local collector. Nice enough chap. He drops the machine off and within 10 minutes I notice the dmd is out-gassing in a corner. His response, your fault you looked it over before trading. ...

We all have our own definitions. My definition of a good guy is someone who has an established track record of disclosing hard to find problems. I wouldn't call any of those people in your description "good guys" that I would buy from again.

#2439 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

We all have our own definitions. My definition of a good guy is someone who has an established track record of disclosing hard to find problems. I wouldn't call any of those people in your description "good guys" that I would buy from again.

And yet they have good reputations on here or within the pin community which is why I bring them up.

#2440 8 years ago

So, how about those games for sale?

#2441 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

So, how about those games for sale?

Yeah bit off topic, but could be worse. We could be talking about Phish.

On topic!

Have a POTC for trade. Also have a nice highly modded STTNG I might trade as well. Looking to trade for CSI, WPT, Avatar Pro, FGY, IM, RBION, TSPP, BBH.
Just shopped POTC and not my cup of tea.
Has:
full leds
new sails
new compass decal
back alley why's the rum always gone decal
full flipper rebuilds
new flipper bats
titan translucent rubber (shooter tip and flippers are orange titans)
new fluorescent tube, starter, and ballast
Ship coils have been rewired, ship was fully torn apart and cleaned.

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/HCQV5

Cash Price would be 4500 since people keep asking.

#2442 8 years ago

Clay, I have to say that you are wrong on many levels with your response. Really $800 for rubbers and a few LEDs? C'mon man.

#2443 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yeah bit off topic, but could be worse. We could be talking about Phish.
On topic!
Have a POTC for trade. Also have a nice highly modded STTNG I might trade as well. Looking to trade for Sterns on my wishlist.
Just shopped POTC, need to order a few things I missed first. (Post, couple leds) Will post pics once I get those parts in.
Has:
full leds
new sails
new compass decal
back alley why's the rum always gone decal
full flipper rebuilds
new flipper bats
titan translucent rubber (shooter tip and flippers are orange titans)
new fluorescent tube, starter, and ballast
Ship coils have been rewired, ship was fully torn apart and cleaned.
Pics: http://imgur.com/a/HCQV5
Cash Price would be 4500 since people keep asking.

And where is this game located?

#2444 8 years ago

If you want a quick response, quality work at an affordable price then Clay is the guy. He has been to my house so many times I'm about to give him a key.

#2445 8 years ago

I had a picture of the $800 repair bill but i can't find it. i'm not kidding about this. it was crazy. this isn't the only data point either with the new guys at Big Toys. i've had some other people i've done work for with similar experiences, though not $800 bad.

#2446 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

And where is this game located?

I assume IN.

At least based on his location.

#2447 8 years ago

Criss Cross is sold.
Thanks

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#2448 8 years ago

Waterworld is picked up and going to a new home.

#2449 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I assume IN.
At least based on his location.

Huh....when I made that post, he didn't have a location listed under his name. Bug, or just added?

Either way...my bad.

Pete

#2450 8 years ago

I am currently pin-less and looking.

White Water, Congo, Fish Tales, The Shadow, BDK, Avengers LE, AC/DC Premium, X-Men LE, Transformers LE, WWE LE, Goldeneye are probably my top picks, although I will consider any DMD Williams/Bally or Stern. I will also pay "market price". In other words, I'm not desperate enough to pay a super premium for anything, but I would also have no intentions on trying to chop you either. I simply enjoy pinball. Also, I can do some basics, but I'm not a great "wrench". And I enjoy playing them more than working on them. So condition should range from "pretty darn nice and fully working" to "pristine".

Please instant message me or send me an e-mail at [email protected] if you have anything available. Thanks a lot!

There are 9,458 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 190.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.