(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,454 posts
  • 575 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 366 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 9,454 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 190.
#2201 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

And are excellent LED bulbs! That's all I use.

Yeah, I dont use them because they are cheap. I use them because they are the best bulb out there! Helps that they are cheap but I dont skimp.

#2202 8 years ago

In case anyone is planning on going to get this game, I just went an looked at it. I offered him $500 but he wouldn't take it.
detroit.craigslist.org link

The game doesn't have a lock down bar. The backglass is good but has some light flaking. The game also has an issue where when you drain, it recognizes the drain, gives you your bonus, gives you a new ball but stays on player 1 ball 1. Playfield was in decent shape but it does have a little wear down to the wood around the inserts especially. As you would imagine it also needs new rubbers and a good cleaning.

Also, you will talk to the Dad if you call the number but the game is at his son's house. Son had to call dad for every offer I made and the son was kind of acting like I was a nuisance coming over (I was only there about 15-20 min.)

#2203 8 years ago

He should have accepted your $500.

#2204 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

He should have accepted your $500.

Agreed but as he said "I've had a lot of people call about this thing", so I guess he's trying to get his full asking price as he never counter offered me at all. But at the same time when I first spoke to him it sounded like they wanted to get rid of it quickly since his son was moving soon.

#2205 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Looking for a <2k dmd...thinking jd, jm, dm....for a friends first machine. For me looking for a bsd, bad cats, eatpm, fh, RS, ww

PM'd you.

EDIT: I mean messaged you, not Pinball Magic'd you....mine only cost $1600 in Michigan

#2206 8 years ago

Any nice Doctor Who for trade?

#2207 8 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Agreed but as he said "I've had a lot of people call about this thing", so I guess he's trying to get his full asking price as he never counter offered me at all. But at the same time when I first spoke to him it sounded like they wanted to get rid of it quickly since his son was moving soon.

Yes, $500 was MORE than generous.
He'll regret passing on it.

#2208 8 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

In case anyone is planning on going to get this game, I just went an looked at it. I offered him $500 but he wouldn't take it.
detroit.craigslist.org link
The game doesn't have a lock down bar. The backglass is good but has some light flaking. The game also has an issue where when you drain, it recognizes the drain, gives you your bonus, gives you a new ball but stays on player 1 ball 1. Playfield was in decent shape but it does have a little wear down to the wood around the inserts especially. As you would imagine it also needs new rubbers and a good cleaning.
Also, you will talk to the Dad if you call the number but the game is at his son's house. Son had to call dad for every offer I made and the son was kind of acting like I was a nuisance coming over (I was only there about 15-20 min.)

Dodged a bullet there

#2209 8 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

As of right now it looks like I'll get to spend all of February in Kalamazoo... Who has something they want to sell out that way in the <$2k category?

I have a players earthshaker im looking to offload soon took it in on a trade needs shopped has some inserts that need leveled and som playfeild ware around inserts im just outside kzoo
I may be willing to part with my lw3 also

#2210 8 years ago

I've been looking for my first pin for a couple months now. I don't have the cash right now for what I really want, LOTR or NIB GOT pro. Maybe later this year. Right now, looking for something for about $2k. Has anyone ever been to "Pinball at the Zoo"? I see that there's a pinball auction there in April. My question is whether it's worth waiting until April to try to pick up a machine there. Are there usually a lot of machines in that auction or just a few? Are the auction prices reasonable or ebay-style inflated prices? Thanks for any help!

#2211 8 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

I've been looking for my first pin for a couple months now. I don't have the cash right now for what I really want, LOTR or NIB GOT pro. Maybe later this year. Right now, looking for something for about $2k. Has anyone ever been to "Pinball at the Zoo"? I see that there's a pinball auction there in April. My question is whether it's worth waiting until April to try to pick up a machine there. Are there usually a lot of machines in that auction or just a few? Are the auction prices reasonable or ebay-style inflated prices? Thanks for any help!

Cool show but don't wait for auction.

#2212 8 years ago

WCS94 Available, still looking for a nice Fish Tales....

#2213 8 years ago

Forget about my request to find a machine for a friend. They always back out when the rubber hits the road

#2214 8 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

There are often many machines on the floor for sale over the course of the show - you'd likely be better off getting there earlier in the day on Friday or Saturday, playing some games and going that route as opposed to waiting for the auction (though, anything's possible).

#2215 8 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Has anyone ever been to "Pinball at the Zoo"? I see that there's a pinball auction there in April. My question is whether it's worth waiting until April to try to pick up a machine there. Are there usually a lot of machines in that auction or just a few? Are the auction prices reasonable or ebay-style inflated prices? Thanks for any help!

The auction is cool and you want to be there for it, but the chances of you finding "the" game you want is pretty slim.

There are not tons of games in the auction.

Prices are "auction prices". Great looking games are going to have more bidders.

Like Wotan says, you'd be 1000x more likely to find a game on the floor, than in the auction.

#2216 8 years ago

Thanks for all the responses! I'll check out the show when it comes, but I'll keep shopping for now.

#2217 8 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Thanks for all the responses! I'll check out the show when it comes, but I'll keep shopping for now.

Along with all of the PATZ discussion, have cash on hand Friday and Saturday. It's not uncommon for a machine to show up with a FOR SALE tag on it and then get sold quickly before it hits the auction block. That's your best chance of getting a DMD. DMD games don't get to the auction often...

Being Michigan, the snow is subsiding and the tax checks are about to roll in. Best start looking now as Michiganders seem to want to trade/buy/sell around now.

#2218 8 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

As of right now it looks like I'll get to spend all of February in Kalamazoo... Who has something they want to sell out that way in the <$2k category?

While you are visiting kzoo swing by the Kruzman compound and check out some pins and hang out awhile.

#2219 8 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

I've been looking for my first pin for a couple months now.

World Cup Soccer is a good first pin and there is one for sale here. The theme is not coveted, but that's why such machines are relative bargains.

#2220 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

World Cup Soccer is a good first pin and there is one for sale here. The theme is not coveted, but that's why such machines are relative bargains.

Speaking from experience, agreed!

#2221 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Tim's WCS looks amazing... Wonderful Williams game with great flow!

#2222 8 years ago
Quoted from mc8045:

I have a players earthshaker im looking to offload soon took it in on a trade needs shopped has some inserts that need leveled and som playfeild ware around inserts im just outside kzoo
I may be willing to part with my lw3 also

pm sent

#2223 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Thanks everybody! I ended up picking up a Lethal Weapon last night from Mike (Wariodolby). Great guy - he spent a lot of time walking me through the machine and showing me what to look for when buying. Showed me how to use the menus to test switches etc. I tried to pay attention, but I was still in a daze from being dazzled by his collection! Not sure I'd have the fortitude to cross through that gauntlet of machines to make it out the door each morning for work.

Anyway, great first buying experience, and I really appreciated being shown around the machine, which I doubt I would have been from some rando on craigslist. Thanks Mike!

#2224 8 years ago

I have given up on Craigslist altogether because the Pinside community is invariably more friendly. Wariodolby is a great person to buy your first pin from and I would go so far as to say most people active in this thread would have given you similar treatment. Welcome to the hobby!

#2225 8 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Thanks everybody! I ended up picking up a Lethal Weapon last night from Mike (Wariodolby). Great guy - he spent a lot of time walking me through the machine and showing me what to look for when buying. Showed me how to use the menus to test switches etc. I tried to pay attention, but I was still in a daze from being dazzled by his collection! Not sure I'd have the fortitude to cross through that gauntlet of machines to make it out the door each morning for work.
Anyway, great first buying experience, and I really appreciated being shown around the machine, which I doubt I would have been from some rando on craigslist. Thanks Mike!

At the rate Mike changes up games, you'll have plenty of chances to see his collection. Enjoy your first game! What are you getting for your second and third?

#2226 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

At the rate Mike changes up games, you'll have plenty of chances to see his collection.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^

#2227 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

At the rate Mike changes up games, you'll have plenty of chances to see his collection. Enjoy your first game! What are you getting for your second and third?

My line up is about to change in 2 hours.
Check my collection for updates.

First to pm my new pin line up wins free pizza !!

#2228 8 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

My line up is about to change in 2 hours.
Check my collection for updates.
First to pm my new pin line up wins free pizza !!

Goodbye to WhiteWater and hello to Addams Family.

#2229 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Enjoy your first game! What are you getting for your second and third?

This feels eerily similar to the first time I bought a home-theater projector. Thousands of dollars and two dedicated-theater-room builds later, still going strong!

(And to answer your question, maybe an RFM. Gotta walk the budget expectations up slowly on the path to NIB ).

#2230 8 years ago

Newbie here long time lurker. Looking for a pin newer style have about 1500 to spend anything local this would be a second pin made the mistake of buying an eros one that needs major work but im still trying. About to send the mpu out to flippers to get it reworked but would love to have one that works to play. Been doing newer pachinkos and slot machines but its time for a change of pace been out playing anything i can find on the pinmap to see what i like, did find a waterworld in ohio but not sure if id like the play on it seems in the videos its all lower field play Any thoughts. Would be great

#2231 8 years ago

No luck trading White Water

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2232 8 years ago
Quoted from gamejunky:

Newbie here long time lurker. Looking for a pin newer style have about 1500 to spend anything local this would be a second pin made the mistake of buying an eros one that needs major work but im still trying. About to send the mpu out to flippers to get it reworked but would love to have one that works to play. Been doing newer pachinkos and slot machines but its time for a change of pace been out playing anything i can find on the pinmap to see what i like, did find a waterworld in ohio but not sure if id like the play on it seems in the videos its all lower field play Any thoughts. Would be great

I own a waterworld and you would be surprised at the game play. I have cleaned mine and LED it and added new GI lighting in the dark areas.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waterworld-done-and-clean

Check out the link on what I did to it. I also have a rock custom undercab kit on it

#2233 8 years ago

Pins are like bunny rabbits they just seem to multiple and some times very fast.

#2234 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

Pins are like bunny rabbits they just seem to multiple and some times very fast.

As long as you have enough cabbage to feed your rabbits, yes they'll multiply quickly and fill your area fast.

#2235 8 years ago

Thinking about selling my AMH NIB (near the end of the run, with extras. Topper, plastic protectors, LED lighting upgrade, probably something else I am forgetting).

So tempting to open it, but I need some extra cash to finish my basement pinball/arcade room. Only trade I would consider is LOTR + cash, else I am thinking $9.5k obo.

#2237 8 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Thinking about selling my AMH NIB (near the end of the run, with extras. Topper, plastic protectors, LED lighting upgrade, probably something else I am forgetting).
So tempting to open it, but I need some extra cash to finish my basement pinball/arcade room. Only trade I would consider is LOTR + cash, else I am thinking $9.5k obo.

Love my AMH. Here's a rare chance for someone to get one. Good luck with the sale!

#2238 8 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

If you want to open it up, invite me over

#2239 8 years ago

Don't you mean "Shazam" ?

#2240 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

No, he meant

#2241 8 years ago

WTB: Williams High speed Getaway (high speed 2)
Pm me if you have one that you want to sell/trade

#2242 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

How about "Bazinga!".

#2243 8 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Put it up on its own full market ad, ebay, and mr pinball, and clist and see what happens.

TBT, there are only 150 of them and it is a great game!
Rare, NIB, and FUN tends to mean demand is greater than supply, so price follows.

From recent history the prices are already going up fromt he the original cost of 6500. I was at Spooky factory last month when a secondary owner was picking up someone elses NIB AMH he had already sold (before even getting/ new owner was picking it up as he had sold one from earlier int he run and regretted it I guess so paid the premium for a second) and I think he had paid 7700 for it with no add-ons.

Honestly though, when you post it please post it at 10k just for the fun of it!

#2244 8 years ago

World Cup Soccer for sale....Fish Tales and Dracula wanted

#2245 8 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Thinking about selling my AMH NIB... else I am thinking $9.5k obo.

Yeah for 9.5 I'd be thinking aboot it too.

#2246 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah for 9/5 I'd be thinking aboot it too.

do you guys have one at the VFW club yet?

#2247 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

do you guys have one at the VFW club yet?

Nope, Don't think we ever will. I've still never played it. Will be getting a Rob Zombie though

#2248 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nope, Don't think we ever will. I've still never played it. Will be getting a Rob Zombie though

If you are ever over here, you are welcome to stop

#2249 8 years ago

Terry has one in the back room at Pinball Life. Well worth the stop if you are in the area. Pick up some parts and play a few games...

Later,
EV

#2250 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Put it up on its own full market ad, ebay, and mr pinball, and clist and see what happens.
TBT, there are only 150 of them and it is a great game!
Rare, NIB, and FUN tends to mean demand is greater than supply, so price follows.
From recent history the prices are already going up fromt he the original cost of 6500. I was at Spooky factory last month when a secondary owner was picking up someone elses NIB AMH he had already sold (before even getting/ new owner was picking it up as he had sold one from earlier int he run and regretted it I guess so paid the premium for a second) and I think he had paid 7700 for it with no add-ons.
Honestly though, when you post it please post it at 10k just for the fun of it!

150 amh,200 plus bbb and just as much fun,imho.if it will not fetch 10.000 now it will soon

There are 9,454 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 190.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.