(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,458 posts
  • 575 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 366 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 9,458 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 190.
#151 9 years ago

Out of the 40 pins or so I've owned POTC is by far the number one family pin.
Really even if you offered me the Number one game TZ in the best condition in the world ,which I know you have
I would have to say no deal .

#152 9 years ago

The only re-imports I would stay away from are the newer Sterns that have all the weird crap out in them; like extra buttons and save posts. LOTR is long enough as is.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Out of the 40 pins or so I've owned POTC is by far the number one family pin.
Really even if you offered me the Number one game TZ in the best condition in the world ,which I know you have
I would have to say no deal .

You should see the nicest MB in the world along side TZ.

I tried, though.

#154 9 years ago

condition is king its true,.
but. with a reimport..
if you operate, right off the bat you need a new coin door that will allow us quarters to drop through the chutes correct (not the mechs( the actual chutes.)
reimports chutes are thicker, coins get jammed...or some are too small..
next, you can have little fuses everywhere (including main boards) instead of normal style fuses. incorrect tags concerning voltage and amperage per fuse throughout the game (confusing when you are working on the game).

reimports most often have cabinet issues, holes where plaques were drilled, wood that has fell out of bottom, so bottom sides of cab was drilled in the sides to hold bottom board.

there are way more things to do than change ac voltage, and most are filthy. traveling on a boat with sea salt doesnt do wood or metal good.
nothing is 100%, but the majority are bad.
i had a godzilla from germany that i had to do tons to it to make it USA worthy.
but heh, ill leave the reimports for you guys

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

with a reimport..
if you operate,

Yep that's a whole diff'rent ballgame for sure.

#156 9 years ago

Ok you're just wrong on so many levels.

All games, regardless of where the game ends up, use the SAME fuses. For example, all WPC95 games use the small 20mm european fuses. All wpc-89 and wpc-s use 4ag fuses. doesn't matter where it went. The only difference in fusing is the main line voltage fuse. (At 220 volts a 4 amp fuse is used, where at 120 volts an 8 amp fuse is used.) That is the ONLY difference in fuses. Yes the label will say "220 volt 4 amp" by the power box for Euro games. But that's the only label difference.

As for coin doors, that is country dependent. For example, most german machines use 3 slot conventional doors. the difference is the mechs. now UK and France tend to use electronic mechs. In this situation, if you are operating, yes the coin door will need to be changed to north american style. Stuff that is in the 2000s are probably Euro coinage. These are usually conventional coin doors, but with a single slot.

As for condition, i've seen U.S. games hacked up far more than any re-import. It's game dependent. Crap is crap, nice is nice. Country of operation really has zero to do with any of it. But hey, if you want to be a "pinball racist" and call all re-imports dirty crap, i guess that's your gig. But personally i look at things a lot like i look at people... on a one by one, individual basis. I really don't care what where they are from, it's all about condition. But that analysis has to be made on each individual machine.

Quoted from silver_spinner:

condition is king its true,.
but. with a reimport..
if you operate, right off the bat you need a new coin door that will allow us quarters to drop through the chutes correct (not the mechs( the actual chutes.)
reimports chutes are thicker, coins get jammed...or some are too small..
next, you can have little fuses everywhere (including main boards) instead of normal style fuses. incorrect tags concerning voltage and amperage per fuse throughout the game (confusing when you are working on the game).
reimports most often have cabinet issues, holes where plaques were drilled, wood that has fell out of bottom, so bottom sides of cab was drilled in the sides to hold bottom board.
there are way more things to do than change ac voltage, and most are filthy. traveling on a boat with sea salt doesnt do wood or metal good.
nothing is 100%, but the majority are bad.
i had a godzilla from germany that i had to do tons to it to make it USA worthy.
but heh, ill leave the reimports for you guys

#157 9 years ago

Actually this is bull crap too.
ONLY u.k. machines had additional up-posts. There was a law in the U.K. that required games to be fully "skill based", and thus the law required additional up posts between the flippers and in the outlanes. This law was only in place for about 6 years before it was recalled (or just plain ignored by Stern), 1999 to about 2005.

Total game distribution to the U.K., for pretty much any title during this period, was never more than 100 units. So the number of games that made it back from the U.K. from Southpark to Lord of the Rings, was pretty damn small. For example Rob, the T3, Simpsons Party, and LotR you have experienced with this option are probably the ONLY ones that have this factory option in all of North America. And the software allows for the posts to be turned off, disabling them, if that's not your thing. Or you can just ignore the extra set of buttons next to the flipper buttons.

There is one exception to the "only UK" up post rule... Marvin at marvin3m.com ordered a new Stern with UK up posts, but obviously for the U.S. market. For the life of me i can't remember the title. But Stern only did this once and refused to do it again for Marvin. It might have been Ripleys... can't remember. So there's *one* game out there with these up posts that didn't go to the U.K. first.

Quoted from TheLaw:

The only re-imports I would stay away from are the newer Sterns that have all the weird crap out in them; like extra buttons and save posts. LOTR is long enough as is.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

For example Rob, the T3, Simpsons Party, and LotR you have experienced with this option are probably the ONLY ones that have this factory option in all of North America.

Ahhh ok thanks for filling me in. They are def the only ones I've seen before; thankfully

#159 9 years ago

As for proper re-import modification, it's really pretty easy.

1) re-jumper the transformer. If you have the connector pins and pin extractor tool, it takes about 2 minutes.

2) change line fuse from 4 amp to 8 amp. really this is optional, because running at a lower fuse rating doesn't hurt anything. But the fuse may blow due to it being under valued.

3) change MOV inside power box from 260 volts to 130 volts. MOVs are available at radio shack.
Most people don't do this. It's not really a big issue if you don't. the MOV shorts itself if it sees a voltage above it's rating. It's a power surge device. So at 260 volts, it's not a huge deal (instead of 130 volts.) Because most power surges are far far above 260 volts! so either way, it will blow.

4) change the coin door and/or mechs.
this is fully optional for most people. Only needed if you're operating the game, or you're just anal about these sorts of things.

Note there are some countries were re-imports tend to be more problematic. For example, south america. my experience has shown these people had very limited access to proper parts, so games tend to be more creatively repaired. I've had great experience with German games. The large german distributor (Novus) had a good parts distribution network. So German games tend to be in decent condition. UK games also seem to be pretty good. Holland/Belgium games are usually pretty darn nice too.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My understanding is that the The Rolling Stones LE was more or less a rebadged reimport. I've played one and really enjoyed the save posts. It adds an extra element to the game. And believe me, those save posts are no guarantee of anything, particularly actually saving your ball. You have to be quick, and they don't stay up long when you push the button.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Got a Marilyn Taxi here. Working 100% but needs to be shopped. Players condition, cabinet is flaking on the left side. Just installed a brand new upper display tube, the rest of the displays were fine. Has the topper and manual. I'm into it for $1600 and would like to get that out of it.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

Taxi is sold.

Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#162 9 years ago

Who ever got that NBA Fast break today trade me for my WWF royal rumble plus ??????

#163 9 years ago

Anybody with a PoTC in Michigan for sale or trade, please PM me. HUO preferred.

#164 9 years ago

Price check on a No Fear

detroit.craigslist.org link

I think I've seen similar machines go for $1700-2k. I've never played this one but I've heard its a great bang-for-your-buck machine. Thoughts?

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Price check on a No Fear
" target="_blank">detroit.craigslist.org link
I think I've seen similar machines go for $1700-2k. I've never played this one but I've heard its a great bang-for-your-buck machine. Thoughts?

One of my favorites. Owned it for about 2 years. 2k is about where they've been going in good working condition.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Price check on a No Fear

Great game but that's way overpriced ($1700 - 2k would be fairly accurate). Also IIRC that's one of the scam sellers people complain about but I don't know for 100% sure.

#167 9 years ago

Any one in mi have a Dr dude or another good 90s system 11 for sale?

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Any one in mi have a Dr dude

Theres on on CL, but I dont know anything about it.

lansing.craigslist.org link

#169 9 years ago

Ya I'm thinking about that one, but I'm not sure how I feel about the yellow rails and legs for that price.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Price check on a No Fear

$2200 is around the upper limit for a super nice No Fear and it would have to be pretty close to perfect. That machine does appear to have some modifications, like powder coated legs and rails, but you'll have to decide if that is worth anything to you.

No Fear is a bit odd to have in a small collection but is noteworthy in a large collection. I'm not sure it could work as the only machine in a home and it might be just too odd to be a first machine. Read some reviews here and on IPDB.

On the plus side, there is not too much in the way of odd mechanisms that are difficult to service. Most of it is pretty straightforward and standard fare.

#171 9 years ago

I'm just trying to stick my toe in the water of pin ownership. I dont want to spend too much money and find out it isnt for me.

The aforementioned T2 in West MI looks really good too. Ive played that pin, and love the movie. It is flashier too, so it might make more sense for a single pin.

#172 9 years ago

Dr Dude and T2 both make a lot of sense as a single pin and as a first pin. A lot of system 11 machines are great starter pins that are usually in the neighborhood of $1400.

#173 9 years ago

Everyone always tells me that they press the PROHIBITED button on any Bay City SPAM ads on CL.

#174 9 years ago

I haven't dealt with bay city but that's who has the Dr dude. Its priced a few hundred high, but is full led and powder coated. Anyone dealt with them?

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I haven't dealt with bay city but that's who has the Dr dude. Its priced a few hundred high, but is full led and powder coated. Anyone dealt with them?

Actually they are pretty cool in person. One of them is a bit "spammy" with the Craig's list ads, but to talk to them in person is a totally different (in a good way) story. Personally I would try and deal with Josh. He has a handle on things and is a big fan of pinball in general.

Although I have not made any deals with them.....just run into them at pinball events.

#177 9 years ago

Thanks for the info. They are definitely priced high at 1800 for a Dr dude, and aren't willing to come down from it. Between that and the yellow powder coat I'm just not sure. I think it may be tri city pinball but I don't know. He said they just got rid of the shop and are selling out of a house. Really on the fence but love the pin and its hard to come by. System 11 early 90's nastalgia I guess. Plus its a 5 hour round trip

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Thanks for the info. They are definitely priced high at 1800 for a Dr dude, and aren't willing to come down from it. Between that and the yellow powder coat I'm just not sure. I think it may be tri city pinball but I don't know. He said they just got rid of the shop and are selling out of a house. Really on the fence but love the pin and its hard to come by. System 11 early 90's nastalgia I guess. Plus its a 5 hour round trip

I've had 2 Horrible experiences with the bay city guys ,I've never bought from them only as a seller to them.But even if Charles Manson was selling a pinball machine I really wanted I would go look at it and do the best inspection I've ever done on a machine and play 5-10 full games.If I was happy with my inspection I would buy the game.
Losing 5 hours of your day is nothing ,being stuck with a pin you really didn't want day after day that sucks.
So go check it out.

#179 9 years ago

Great advice. Thank you. Ya its the "I just sold some stuff to buy a new pin and really want one now!" Thing. I'd like to find a good one at auction or a class of 1812, but I may just wait and see what comes up for sale soon. Thanks wario

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Bay City SPAM ads on CL.

I would gladly chip in to a fund to stop these idiots from posting all over the state. Stop posting ads in areas that are a three hour drive away!

#181 9 years ago

do those idiots have an actual business?

Also, that yellow trim job on Dr. Dude is AWEFUL!!!!

#182 9 years ago

Josh and Chris are friends of mine, and are true pinball addicts. I'll agree that the CList post spamming can be irritating, but they have been way more than decent with me IRL, and I enjoy hanging out with them. I hosted a party this spring, and they asked If I'd be OK with them bringing their Star Trek and AC/DC pins up to the party (1.5 hours away) for my guests to enjoy. They rented a trailer and did this just to share pinball with people. Pretty cool of them.

Josh has offered to bring the Star Trek back to my fall party, so that people can experience the code update.

I've made two deals with them, and was happy with the way both worked out.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Josh and Chris are friends of mine, and are true pinball addicts.

If they truly are your friends, you should tell them to quit illegally spamming CL.

=
Can I post my ad on more than one craigslist site?

Please choose just ONE local craigslist site for which your ad is most relevant—generally the site closest to you. If your ad is equally relevant to all locations, your ad does not belong on craigslist. Please find another service. Posting the same ad to multiple locations on craigslist is prohibited.
=

Anyone with a phone app that dings when the word "pinball" comes up in an ad is certainly pissed with their BS.

I've heard more than one person say that they will "smash their face in" if they ever meet the person who constantly posts those ads. A 4 hour drive for a beatdown seems excessive, but people meet at shows, have a few beers, make introductions....I learned a few years ago, pinheads are insane.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Josh and Chris are friends of mine, and are true pinball addicts.

Most pinheads are good people IRL, but it is pretty sad all the BS they seem to pull.

Things like trying to take advantage of noobs (insane prices on junk), the buy and then complain stuff to other members (while threatening to try and get the honest seller blacklisted), constant spamming of clists everywhere, and over priced crap stuff, all while bragging of how many games they have flipped make for pretty shitty friends IMHO.

If they were my actual friends then I would talk to them about all the shit they are pulling to try and give them some good prespective from a true hobbyist like yourself.

#185 9 years ago

Haha great, between the savvy vets and the scammers throughout the state, I'll be lucky as hell to get a machine for a fair price as a newbie.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Haha great, between the savvy vets and the scammers throughout the state, I'll be lucky as hell to get a machine for a fair price as a newbie.

Seems to be that way everywhere (though it does seem to be a bit tougher in MI)

#187 9 years ago

Bone Busters in Brighton.

Here is my CL ad for it. If you are interested let me know and we can set up a time for you to try it out. Lots of other games for sale also. I am selling these for "The Arcade" in Brighton. Call me 248-361-9349 or email [email protected] or PM.

Gottlieb Bone Busters Pinball Machine - $1500 (Brighton)
detroit.craigslist.org link

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

I don't know if you are anywhere local, but if you need help looking over a machine, I myself will offer to help. I've been there and have great sympathy for your situation. And I've even had the experience of certain "infamous" people attempting to take advantage of me as a newbie. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I've managed to learn enough to not get burned and I can share what little I know.

#189 9 years ago

Thanks nosro. I live in Lansing and work in Brighton, so I'm scouting the whole state right now. If I see something around here that I have lots of questions about, I'll pm you. I appreciate the offer.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Thanks nosro. I live in Lansing and work in Brighton, so I'm scouting the whole state right now. If I see something around here that I have lots of questions about, I'll pm you. I appreciate the offer.

Feel free to stop by my house in linden mi and play some pins ,I have my WWF royal rumble for sale but nobody seems to want it .
You can do me a favor then report back here on pinside how nice the WWF is

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Feel free to stop by my house in linden mi and play some pins ,I have my WWF Royal Rumble for sale but nobody seems to want it .
You can do me a favor then report back here on pinside how nice the WWF is

I'd trade with you again anytime......but the theme on WWF is just too far out there for me in such a small collection. I've heard it's a really fun pin and if I liked the theme at all I'd be all over it.

#192 9 years ago

A little off topic…..
Do any of you Michigan guys ever pop up to Windsor?? I have a SWDE right on the border and need some help to figure out why my GI and BB lighting doesn't work. I run a restaurant, I can buy you dinner for helping me - I am beyond frustrated as to the issue!!

Thanks
Kyle

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

A little off topic…..
Do any of you Michigan guys ever pop up to Windsor?? I have a SWDE right on the border and need some help to figure out why my GI and BB lighting doesn't work. I run a restaurant, I can buy you dinner for helping me - I am beyond frustrated as to the issue!!
Thanks
Kyle

I am close but the border can be time consuming. Check the PBB (power board) for cold solder joints or burnt connectors if you haven't already.

#194 9 years ago

I replaced the power board with a new one from KS Arcade - I can't figure it out.
I don't want to hijack this thread - if anyone comes to Windsor, I run Bubi's Restaurant. My SWDE is there….perhaps one day I will figure it out!

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Everyone always tells me that they press the PROHIBITED button on any Bay City SPAM ads on CL.

Me too, on all ads except for the ones they post from their own city. Man they are &&&&%%%%%HORRIBLE SPAMMERS#########**&&&&&&

They need to understand that we, the pinball community scour multiple CL sites. If they post it from home we'll see it, believe us. If the pin isn't horribly overpriced their phone will ring. It's really not that complicated.

#196 9 years ago

I would buy it but short pinball cash right now. Got a Taxi to get ready to sell, if it's still available then I might do it.

#197 9 years ago

if any of us U.S. guys tries to cross the border with so much as a screwdriver, you'll be stripped searched and probed by Canadian border dudes for at least 3 hours. I'm not kidding about this. A work visa is required to work in CA. if you get caught and say "working" in any way shape or form, or you have any tools in your car, you are absolutely screwed. Personally i don't even like emailing canadians about repairs.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Personally i don't even like emailing canadians about repairs.

#199 9 years ago

All these potential love connection !

Initfo. Buy Jurassic park from Astropin

amkoepfer . Buy Taxi from indy5mike

#200 9 years ago

I am tempted by the JP despite never having played it, but I've got 2 other irons in the fire right now. One of them is bound to pan out.

Worst comes to worst I'll settle for your WWF

There are 9,458 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 190.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.