(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,510 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by marcand
  • Topic is favorited by 367 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 9,510 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 191.
#6401 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Thinking of listing my Ivan Stewart off road with track pack. Looking to do a trade for a pin if there is any interest. Send me a pm if interested.

Love that game. GLWS/trade

#6402 3 years ago

Listed my corvette if anyone is interested before I toss it on Facebook

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/100952

#6403 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/100976

Here are some pics if anyone is interested.

#6404 3 years ago

Long shot but - anyone have a DP Pro they’d consider selling?

#6405 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinaddikt:

Long shot but - anyone have a DP Pro they’d consider selling?

I do, PM'ed.

#6406 3 years ago

Anyone have a Monster Bash SE or LE they want to sell in a month or so?

#6407 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Anyone have a Monster Bash SE or LE they want to sell in a month or so?

Too funny, I was just about to post that I’m looking for a Monster Bash too but I’m looking for CE $ territory.

#6408 3 years ago

listed a bm66 pre modded out and a afmr se, half mile into ohio. Selling because i am moving back to the mitten

#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

listed a bm66 pre modded out and a afmr se, half mile into ohio. Selling because i am moving back to the mitten

Don't we get to vote on whether or not you are ALLOWED back?

Oh all right, I vote "yes".

#6410 3 years ago

33 out of my 39 years were in the mitten

#6411 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

33 out of my 39 years were in the mitten

Best years of your life.

#6412 3 years ago

It didn’t take long for you to come back

#6413 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

i am moving back to the mitten

I see that you have come to your senses.

#6414 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

It didn’t take long for you to come back

no it didnt. Cant find any land in toledo, go 3 miles into mi and theres land

#6415 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

no it didnt. Cant find any land in toledo, go 3 miles into mi and theres land

I grew up in Northern Indiana, often called, "Michiana." This isn't a new phenomenon. Two words: property taxes.

#6416 3 years ago

Lowered price recently...

#6417 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I grew up in Northern Indiana, often called, "Michiana." This isn't a new phenomenon. Two words: property taxes.

Not to mention auto insurance price differences between Mi and OH

#6418 3 years ago
Quoted from steviechs:

i was under the impression they have come down in michigan. I hope so! At least i work in ohio so ill get my state tax back!

Back on track though, made an ad for bksor pre, still have bm66 pre and afmr se

#6419 3 years ago
Quoted from steviechs:

A $1,000,000 home in supposedly tax crazy California costs less in annual property taxes than a $200,000 home in most of the cities in southeast Michigan... ridiculous.

#6420 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

A $1,000,000 home in supposedly tax crazy California costs less in annual property taxes than a $200,000 home in most of the cities in southeast Michigan... ridiculous.

Back off track, my home in toledo is over 5k a year in taxes, the home i had in michigan before costs 40k more and had under 2k a year in taxes.

#6421 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Back off track, my home in toledo is over 5k a year in taxes, the home i had in michigan before costs 40k more and had under 2k a year in taxes.

Emphasis on had. Any home under continuous ownership, even if ownership is transferred, can only increase at a capped rate each year as long as the homestead exemption is always transferred. This means that a house built in the 70's has the taxes based on the amounts back then, only increasing at or less than inflation every year. If the homestead is allowed to lapse, or if a new home is built, the taxes are uncapped. I built a new home a few years ago. I just refinanced this week. I was going to attach a screen shot, but this forum won't allow it. Taxes and insurance are $1,185/month. My insurance is about $500 per year. My house is nice, but not palatial. It is about 3,600 square feet.

If you are building, check with the local tax office on what your SEV is going to be. And whatever you do, don't finish the basement until after they establish value.

#6422 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

even if ownership is transferred

Not quite correct. A change in ownership resets the taxable value to the current assessed value, unless it is a family transfer.
But yes, once you buy a place, your taxes can't increase more than the rate of inflation. Exceptions being new special assesments, voted millages, or improvements to the property.
Yes, check the tax rate when buying. Huge differences by community. My City is about double the adjoining Townships, but there are other factors to consider.

#6423 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Not quite correct. A change in ownership resets the taxable value to the current assessed value, unless it is a family transfer.
But yes, once you buy a place, your taxes can't increase more than the rate of inflation. Exceptions being new special assesments, voted millages, or improvements to the property.
Yes, check the tax rate when buying. Huge differences by community. My City is about double the adjoining Townships, but there are other factors to consider.

Homestead can be transferred, but it has to be handled properly. We accomplished that when we bought our previous home, and the new owners got it transferred. You can only have one homestead at a time.

#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Homestead can be transferred, but it has to be handled properly. We accomplished that when we bought our previous home, and the new owners got it transferred. You can only have one homestead at a time.

Yes, the homestead exemption will transfer, but that is a separate issue from assesed vs taxable value. Two separate factors that determine your overall property tax cost.
Cheating on homestead exemption is a big deal around here. Lots of second homes that folks will try to claim as primary to get the lower tax rate.

#6425 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

My home is valued around $240,000 and taxes are around $1900 a year

#6426 3 years ago

C'mon guys. Please keep the talk relevant to pinball.
Example: My taxes and insurance are as much as a nice players BSD.

#6427 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

My home is valued around $240,000 and taxes are around $1900 a year

What's your millage rate? Taxable value is usually like half the market value of the home. If your millage rate is 40 (Canton, Livonia, Westland all have a millage rate around there), that's 40 times each thousand in dollars in taxable value. So, for a home with a $240,000 value, it would be 40 X 120= $4800 a year in taxes (or a Congo to satisfy an above poster-- haha).

Another thing with property taxes though is that they reward you for staying in your house and punish you for selling. If you buy a house for $100,000 and it doubles in value over 10 years, your taxes can only go up the rate of inflation. A new buyer who buys a similar house to yours for the new price of $200,000 way more in property taxes than you, simply because you bought it when it was cheaper. I suppose that's good in that it keeps grandma and grandpa from losing their house from not being able to pay their property taxes. Not good for city coffers though and inherently unfair in that it puts a disproportionate amount of a city's overall tax burden on the newest residents.

#6428 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Emphasis on had. Any home under continuous ownership, even if ownership is transferred, can only increase at a capped rate each year as long as the homestead exemption is always transferred. This means that a house built in the 70's has the taxes based on the amounts back then, only increasing at or less than inflation every year. If the homestead is allowed to lapse, or if a new home is built, the taxes are uncapped. I built a new home a few years ago. I just refinanced this week. I was going to attach a screen shot, but this forum won't allow it. Taxes and insurance are $1,185/month. My insurance is about $500 per year. My house is nice, but not palatial. It is about 3,600 square feet.
If you are building, check with the local tax office on what your SEV is going to be. And whatever you do, don't finish the basement until after they establish value.

I’m guessing this isn’t Detroit?

#6429 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Yes, the homestead exemption will transfer, but that is a separate issue from assesed vs taxable value. Two separate factors that determine your overall property tax cost.
Cheating on homestead exemption is a big deal around here. Lots of second homes that folks will try to claim as primary to get the lower tax rate.

I know that those are all separate issues, but they are all interrelated. I'm familiar with the SEV, taxable value, and how they work. The disparity between those numbers after a long period of owning a home is how Puffdanny pays such low taxes. There is more than likely a huge spread between his SEV and the taxable value, and his taxes are based on the taxable value times the millage. I don't appreciate the insinuation that I am encouraging people to cheat on their taxes. I have not, will not, and do not encourage people to do so. I was trying to speak in very general terms because of two factors: 1. this is a pinball page 2. Because this is a pinball page, I hope that the pinsider who prompted the discussion checks any of the information he gets here with a licensed real estate professional.

To be sure I wasn't mistaken, I called one of my best friends who is a Broker. My statements regarding homestead were correct, though general. Since you can only have one property homesteaded, you rescind your homestead on the property you are selling. If the new buyer doesn't file the homestead exemption on the property before it is reassessed, it would be uncapped. In his words, "if every property sold immediately went to market tax rates, I'd never be able to sell a house!" Maybe you are a county tax assessor, and my broker friend is wrong, and has been wrong hundreds of times a year for decades. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Lets get back to pinball.

Pale_Purple , a suburb. The rates would actually be higher in Detroit. I actually purposely built just outside of Wayne to have lower millage rates and to never have jury duty downtown again. Anyone outside of Michigan considers the whole place to be Detroit. "Do you live by Eight Mile?" Detroit is precise enough of a location for strangers on the internet.

amkoepfer , if you have questions about the good, bad, and ugly of building in Michigan and want to talk about it, send a PM. I also have a good lender reference. It was difficult to find construction loans before COVID. I imagine that it isn't any easier now. Building my own home was a lifelong dream, I'm still glad I did it. Oh, freeplay3 I could by one JJP or two Stern Pro's every year with my property taxes.

With that, I'm out.

#6430 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I don't appreciate the insinuation that I am encouraging people to cheat on their taxes.

Not insinuating that at all. Just saying it's discussed in this area quite a bit. I appologize if I seemed to say that. Not my intent.
The taxable value resets any time a sale happens outside of a family transfer. There is no filing to prevent that.
And yes, you need to file a homestead exemption to get the lower primary residence tax rate.
Perhaps in some areas the assesed value is not regularly reviewed unless a sale happens. Around here most are every few years, with or without a sale.

Anywho, my taxes are close to what a NIB Stern Premium would be. And my value is at homestead, with 10 years of minimal capped increase. When I first bought the place the City screwed up and sent my first tax bill for the non-homestead rate. Got that corrected, but quite a shock when I saw the bill. Also went to the Board of Appeals to contest the valuation, as it was out of line with what I paid. Interesting process and did get a small reduction.

Anybody selling a nice Iron Man?
(I wonder what Tony Stark's property taxes are? Place is pretty fancy.)

#6431 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

But the income tax in CA is 12.3% vs 4.25%. I’m guessing the overall tax rate in Michigan is lower than CA.

#6432 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

My home is valued around $240,000...

There's no home valued that high in Monroe...can we get back to pinball please?

I've got a midrange home in Ann Arbor with low rates but high value, I have room for 2 more machines and need a new Stern and a classic bally or Stern and money in my dick.
Thank you for your time

#6433 3 years ago

And you’d have to deal with the city tax in Detroit. I hope Offworld Arcade can open up soon.

#6434 3 years ago

Got excited when I logged on this morning. I thought there was 24 new pins listed.

#6435 3 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Got excited when I logged on this morning. I thought there was 24 new pins listed.

Yeah no doubt huh?

John

#6436 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I know that those are all separate issues, but they are all interrelated. I'm familiar with the SEV, taxable value, and how they work. The disparity between those numbers after a long period of owning a home is how puffdanny pays such low taxes. There is more than likely a huge spread between his SEV and the taxable value, and his taxes are based on the taxable value times the millage. I don't appreciate the insinuation that I am encouraging people to cheat on their taxes. I have not, will not, and do not encourage people to do so. I was trying to speak in very general terms because of two factors: 1. this is a pinball page 2. Because this is a pinball page, I hope that the pinsider who prompted the discussion checks any of the information he gets here with a licensed real estate professional.
To be sure I wasn't mistaken, I called one of my best friends who is a Broker. My statements regarding homestead were correct, though general. Since you can only have one property homesteaded, you rescind your homestead on the property you are selling. If the new buyer doesn't file the homestead exemption on the property before it is reassessed, it would be uncapped. In his words, "if every property sold immediately went to market tax rates, I'd never be able to sell a house!" Maybe you are a county tax assessor, and my broker friend is wrong, and has been wrong hundreds of times a year for decades. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Lets get back to pinball.
pale_purple , a suburb. The rates would actually be higher in Detroit. I actually purposely built just outside of Wayne to have lower millage rates and to never have jury duty downtown again. Anyone outside of Michigan considers the whole place to be Detroit. "Do you live by Eight Mile?" Detroit is precise enough of a location for strangers on the internet.
amkoepfer , if you have questions about the good, bad, and ugly of building in Michigan and want to talk about it, send a PM. I also have a good lender reference. It was difficult to find construction loans before COVID. I imagine that it isn't any easier now. Building my own home was a lifelong dream, I'm still glad I did it. Oh, freeplay3 I could by one JJP or two Stern Pro's every year with my property taxes.
With that, I'm out.

Im not building. I bought a house on land. Cheaper taxes, higher car insurance, but i get my state tax back due to working in ohio. And i have a bksor pre, afmr se, bm66 pre, aquarius, and soccer kings up for sale to stay on track for thelaw

#6437 3 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

I've thought about posting something along those lines before, but then I figured that the the irony would be that I was contributing to the problem. Well, did it anyway with this post and the one about property taxes.

#6438 3 years ago

Getting this thread back on track.. Still for sale or trade..

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Very nice machine. A few lighting mods added. Speaker lights,flipper button lights,under cabinet lights,flipper leg lights, cup holder lights. Open to trades as well.”
2020-09-20
Jackson, MICHIGAN
7,200 (Firm)
Archived after: 129 days
Viewed: 1120 times

#6439 3 years ago

Its worth noting I live in a rural area without city water,sewage,fire dept,police...and that's a factor in the nice players quality system3 level taxes.

#6440 3 years ago

FireBall and Jacks Open Posted

Machine - For Sale
Fireball Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Bally 1972 Fireball for sale. An awesome game and an advance game for its time with a Mulitball! This games works 100% and plays great. Playfield is nice with some wear at the top....”
2020-08-24
West Bloomfield Township, MI
1,950 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 190 times
Machine - For Sale
Jacks Open Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Gottileb 1974 Jacks Open for sale. Works 100% and Plays great. Playfield is nice, Cabinet is decent. bottom left side of the head has some wood coming off, but can be glued. Looki...”
2020-08-24
West Bloomfield Township, MI
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 233 times

#6441 3 years ago

Anyone have a Space Invaders they might want to trade

#6442 3 years ago

Price drop...

#6443 3 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Plays great. Around 900 plays. Mods include stern side art, cliffy shooter lane protectors, Tilt Graphics: lockdown bar accent, playfield accent decals, and flipper bat decals. Cas...”
2020-08-25
Saginaw, MI
5,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 452 times
Contributed to Pinside
Posting my bksor pro. The pics are shit, I’ll get better ones up later.
Also open to trades, Deadpool being at the top of that list.

Added over 4 years ago:

Added some better pics.

#6444 3 years ago

Hello everyone. If anyone has a Ghostbusters Limited Edition by Stern locally, I’m looking for one. That or the Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World machine.

Thanks!

#6445 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Selling my Batman66 Premium for $6800 OBO. Will send pics where needed. Recently replaced flipper coil stops/sleeves, replaced rubber in rotisserie and reconfigured the left orbit to make that shot behave appropriately. Works as it should. Please DM if interested.

Added a marketplace listing with photos. Thanks all!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-batman-66-40

#6446 3 years ago

If anyone knows of a really nice Getaway HS2 in or near Michigan, I would like to find one. Cash or trades possible. Thanks!

#6447 3 years ago

I am looking for a ghost busters premium ,in the local area,I have trades if needed.

#6448 3 years ago

Apologies for not being buy/sell related. However, if anyone ever found enjoyment out of Marvin's there is an article in the Detroit News about its current struggles. Besides just being a cool and unusual establishment, it's the closest place to my home with more than just a couple pinball machines......

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/2020/08/27/marvins-marvelous-mechanical-museum-seeks-75-k-stay-afloat/5643906002/

#6449 3 years ago

I hope they survive, many good times there

#6450 3 years ago
Quoted from happyhour1973:

Apologies for not being buy/sell related. However, if anyone ever found enjoyment out of Marvin's there is an article in the Detroit News about its current struggles. Besides just being a cool and unusual establishment, it's the closest place to my home with more than just a couple pinball machines......
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/2020/08/27/marvins-marvelous-mechanical-museum-seeks-75-k-stay-afloat/5643906002/

Thanks for the link - I was not aware of the GoFundMe, but have been bummed MMMM has been closed for so long - drove past there a few times since March hoping they'd be open. Just donated, so hopefully they can hang on.

I wonder if they could do private parties every so often for additional revenue. I, personally, would gladly pay a couple hundred dollars for free rein of the place and shouldn't think that would add too much COVID risk if you just did a couple of people spaced out during a day.

There are 9,510 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition/page/129?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.