(Topic ID: 95240)

What is for sale in Michigan now (non-scammer edition)

By aalucero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,512 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 368 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

free_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 9,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 191.
#5501 4 years ago

Personally I think its totally acceptable for near by states to post here. Basically the majority of our population lives within an hour of the state boarder. I'd much rather drive to PA then to the U.P., considering they speak English in PA

#5502 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

kyledm5 you mistakenly listed this as located an hour north of Pittsburgh. If that was not a mistake... Are you offering the outstanding Michigan folks free delivery? Joking aside, you are in the wrong thread. Please keep future ads to the market place, or your specific regions for sale threads. Thank you and good luck with your sale.
I personally don’t mind seeing ads from anything within say 2.5hrs of Ann Arbor. Pittsburgh, not so much. We see the market place ads.

You took more time to respond to this then it took to read his first post. 2.5 hours won't even get me half way up our state. So do you suggest we make special threads for each region of MI?

#5503 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Traverse City, MI to Temperance, MI - 4:30 hours
Pittsburgh, PA to Temperance, MI - 3:45 hours

I live .2 miles from temperance. You can meet at my place

#5504 4 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

You took more time to respond to this then it took to read his first post. 2.5 hours won't even get me half way up our state. So do you suggest we make special threads for each region of MI?

And your point is? I would suggest reading what I posted again. I am pretty sure I said (personally I don’t mind seeing...) I was suggesting nothing. If you want a suggestion I can give you one.

I am lost to the purpose of this thread now I guess. I thought it was about stuff for sale in Michigan. Do I (Personally) want to see an Avatar for sale in California, a Transformers for sale in PA on this (What’s for sale in Michigan thread), nope. Do I want to see pins for sale in Chicago on this thread, yep! My opinion, that is all.

#5505 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

That would be relevent if the topic wasn't "What is for sale IN MICHIGAN now". I could give a flyin' crap if you live in Utah but are willing to deliver. Guess what? Many people want to actually physically see and test a game before they buy it. That is why they look for what is for sale in a specific area.

Effectively, it's cross-posting, which is bullshit.

#5506 4 years ago

The dude posted here with success multiple times. Has sold too more then one happy Michigander. Was willing to meet or even deliver. Nuff said

#5507 4 years ago

What pisses me off is seeing 13 new posts on a favorite topic that aren't 13 games for sale!

#5508 4 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

What pisses me off is seeing 13 new posts on a favorite topic that aren't 13 games for sale!

Let me help you with that. I got a few games right now. Lah, Harley, mousin around, cftbl, sw premium, and riverboat gambler.
Lah is shopped, just waiting on coil stops for flippers.
Cftbl is just about ready.
Harley needs cleaning can sell it shopped or as is.
Mousin around is in mid shop now.
SW ready to go.
River boat is a project.

#5509 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Let me help you with that. I got a few games right now. Lah, Harley, mousin around, cftbl, sw premium, and riverboat gambler.
Lah is shopped, just waiting on coil stops for flippers.
Cftbl is just about ready.
Harley needs cleaning can sell it shopped or as is.
Mousin around is in mid shop now.
SW ready to go.
River boat is a project.

CFTBL you say...PM sent

#5510 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

CFTBL you say...PM sent

Stay in your fucking state buddy!

I kid

#5511 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I live .2 miles from temperance. You can meet at my place

Went to college at Toledo and lived in Temperance for a bit. You could tell when you crossed over the state line back into Toledo just from feel as your car started violently shaking from the shitty roads.

#5512 4 years ago

wanted:
Dead pool (pro)
GOTG (pro)
BBB
zaccaria time machine
cyclopes

#5513 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Went to college at Toledo and lived in Temperance for a bit. You could tell when you crossed over the state line back into Toledo just from feel as your car started violently shaking from the shitty roads.

Opposite now. Toledo streets are better taken care of, and always plowed in the winter. Cross into mi and it gets worse. Im back and forth across the border constantly since my house is about a quarter mile into ohio. Kid goes to school in mi, family is in mi, for some reason we crossed the border

#5514 4 years ago

Black knight LE NIB 8700

#5515 4 years ago

Cueball Wizard, $2400.

John

#5516 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Pittsburgh, PA to Ironwood, MI - 13:14 hours
Montreal, WI to Ironwood, MI - 00:09 minutes

Time and distance from Michigan is irrelevant. Keep the "What is for sale in Michigan" thread pure Michigan please.

#5517 4 years ago

The thread is "what is for sale in Michigan". It's not, "I want to list my out of state pin in Michigan".

The thread title speaks for itself very clearly. I don't see any way to interpret it to mean any thing other.
Mileage isn't a factor here..neither is (but, "I'd" like to see more...) or, but "he" did it and it went well. It's not the thread.

Don't like it? Then start your own thread stating "Sell your out of state pins in Michigan" thread... Issue solved.

#5518 4 years ago

Yes thread title says it all. I really don't care what people post, but it is annoying when I already watch the surrounding state for sale threads, and I have to see 5 posts of the same game because someone decides to post it in 5 different state threads. The damn for sale adds get posted in the market if someone is looking for you game they will find it there as well. If said game is a fair price it does not need to be spammed all over pinside it will sell on its own.

#5519 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Or at least change your avatar pic to Tigers if you're going to post over here.

#5520 4 years ago

I wouldn't mind if I post a wanted ad for something like a project Flash Gordon or Spectrum and someone in a nearby state sends me a PM about one they have for sale. If you happen to have one packed away feel free to let me know if within driving distance.

If I see any pop up in this thread for sale I would expect them to be in Michigan though.

#5521 4 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I'd much rather drive to PA then to the U.P., considering they speak English in PA

As someone who grew up in the UP, I'm occasionally reminded why so many Yoopers have a negative opinion of everyone below the bridge.

#5522 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

As someone who grew up in the UP, I'm occasionally reminded why so many Yoopers have a negative opinion of everyone below the bridge.

Ha, I spent a couple years bar tending on Mac Island @ the Grand Hotel..I agree

#5523 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Is the reason that they don’t have a sense of humor or cannot make fun of themselves?

#5524 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Is the reason that they don’t have a sense of humor or cannot make fun of themselves?

Nope!

#5525 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

6 years in Houghton... I know exactly what you mean.

#5526 4 years ago

Is this where I post my games for sale? My province is connected to Michigan.

#5527 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

For non Classic Stern titles, yes. For Classic Stern titles post them in my mailbox.

#5528 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

given our liking for the same style of games, I think all future FS from each other should be sent via PM first

#5529 4 years ago

Does any other state for sale thread have this issue, or do we only have this debate here?

#5530 4 years ago

Or maybe a better question is, do Michiganders post on other state for sale threads?

#5531 4 years ago

Michigan is the Pinball Drama state of the USA. Everything goes.

#5532 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Or maybe a better question is, do Michiganders post on other state for sale threads?

Choggard, I mean Pacman posts his stuff everywhere. I always know when he has something for sale because the Michigan, Chicago, and Indiana for sale threads are all bumped to the top at the same time.

#5533 4 years ago

Does any other state for sale thread have this issue, or do we only have this debate here?

There is a select few... who want more.

#5534 4 years ago

Usually Pinside Moderators get involved with reminding people about the Regional for sale thread rules (boundaries are stated in the thread title)

#5535 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Choggard, I mean Pacman posts his stuff everywhere. I always know when he has something for sale because the Michigan, Chicago, and Indiana for sale threads are all bumped to the top at the same time.

Since you brought up Choggard... Why does he get to just change his name on Pinside? This bothers me. I feel stupid I had no idea Pacman11 was Choggard until very recently. I don’t think that is right at all. He should live with his name and own the things he has done to people. Does anyone disagree? If so why?

Also I will have a very nice Tom for sale soon. Looking for a TZ as well.

#5536 4 years ago

I agree with the people who said not to spam every state around you with the same ad. I also think it's okay to post in another region if the ad starts with " I am making a run with my truck to (pick your area). I have a (pick a game, hopefully something better then transformers). If anyone is interested, pm me and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

#5537 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Why does he get to just change his name on Pinside? This bothers me. I feel stupid I had no idea Pacman11 was Choggard

I wonder the same thing myself.

#5538 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I agree with the people who said not to spam every state around you with the same ad. I also think it's okay to post in another region if the ad starts with " I am making a run with my truck to (pick your area). I have a (pick a game, hopefully something better then transformers). If anyone is interested, pm me and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Yes. If they plan on being in Mi and will bring the game so the sale can still be local to MI then I think that would be ok.

#5539 4 years ago

The last two pages of the Indiana thread have sales posts from Missouri to Pennsylvania, and all states in between.

#5540 4 years ago

My arbitrary opinion....border states are fine but two states over are a bit much. Seems like a lot of people use the state or region threads to avoid paying Pinside fees for ads.

#5541 4 years ago

Well add another successful transaction in the state of Michigan (#3).

Super easy drive, beautiful state and some of the best Wendy's I've ever had. Love you Michigan!

#5542 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well add another successful transaction in the state of Michigan (#3).
Super easy drive, beautiful state and some of the best Wendy's I've ever had. Love you Michigan!

How about that! Congrats!
Star Trek Pro and AC/DC are currently at the top of my wanted list if anyone is ready to part with theirs. Cash in pocket. And yes, I'm willing to make the drive. I'm free, all day tomorrow.

#5543 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Or at least change your avatar pic to Tigers if you're going to post over here.

How bout I pull for the Tigers anytime they play the Twins this year? Great weekend thus far!

#5544 4 years ago

Moving back to pinball machines...

I'm part way finished with my Blackout project...still several things to do...

Looking for a GREAT Blackout backglass...repro ok...anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Also have a low-level interest in finding the next project...Firepower, Alien Poker, Black Knight, Flash Gordon, Space Shuttle...open to suggestions...would love to resurrect a system 11...what eighties machines are available?

#5545 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I'm part way finished with my Blackout project...still several things to do...
Looking for a GREAT Blackout backglass...repro ok...anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Repro backglass in stock:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=PPS-BLACKOUT-BG&Category_Code=BKG

#5546 4 years ago

Was hoping for something local-ish...

Just out of curiosity, is this a situation where availability is spotty? Only one run a year?
I'm planning to get the hardtop when it comes out later this year...
(And I'm wondering if I should pick up a Space Shuttle hard top now, in anticipation of picking up a project with a roached playfield)

#5547 4 years ago

I'd get the backglass for blackout while you can. When I needed one everyone was out of stock. I had to find one overseas and get shipped here. It looks awesome though!

Besides the backglass you'll need the trim kit with the stainless lift edge too.

#5549 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Would you seal that? Do they seal them?

Never seal backglass unless it's starting to flake.

If you put LEDs behind it it should never flake

#5550 4 years ago

Classic Bally or Sterns in Michigan? Kinda got room for another

There are 9,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-for-sale-in-michigan-now-non-scammer-edition/page/111?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.