Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0933.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I want to find one of these but want to be ready with the right amount of cash in case I do. At this time all I can find is one on ebay for $3500. Can't help but think this is a little steep. Am I wrong? What is it worth?

#2 11 years ago

The darn things priceless!

#3 11 years ago

Would you sell yours?

#4 11 years ago

I've seen a few of them sell around my area the last 2 years...average condition has been bringing around $1750.00, exceptional condition up to 2100.00.

It's a fun game, best of luck in finding one.

cheers,

rody

#5 11 years ago

Have you seen the one listed on eBay? What's your opinion on its condition and price. I only recently became interested in the game so it is new to me. Sorry for my ignorance here. This is why I put up this topic.

#6 11 years ago

Fireball BLY 2,122 - 895 - 3,500 - 2,118 - 46
Machine Name ,Avg Of Price ,Min Of Price, Max Of Price ,Avg w/o Min/Max ,Count Of Sales.

E-bay sales summary.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Have you seen the one listed on eBay? What's your opinion on its condition and price.

The one that was on South Bend craigslist for several months was very nice!

#8 11 years ago

the garage machine (for now)

DSCN0933.JPGDSCN0933.JPG

#10 11 years ago

thank u very much! were'd u end up havin dinner?

#11 11 years ago

Korean bbq off Brookhurst n Orangethorpe

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Korean bbq off Brookhurst n Orangethorpe

Nice! CM just split. the phone rang doncha know!

#13 11 years ago

Back on topic this game is worth at least $2K.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Back on topic this game is worth at least $2K.

JD costs $1400 ha ha ha !

#15 11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the input. I had no idea that some EM machines were that valuable. I will have to put my search for Fireball on delay for a while so I can save up some more $$$.

o-din your JD comment is so right. Some of these EM machines still compete with the newer SS and DMD machines even.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Would you sell yours?

Not at the moment, but to give you some info to help- the one that was on South Bend craigslist was at $2900, but I never contacted him because of the distance involved, but the price seemed correct for a cherry example. The one on E-bay is not as nice, so I would think $2000 to $2500 max. Mine is not as nice as either, it has some playfield wear, but I was able to pay substantially less and it was a fairly local sale so no shipping was involved. But once I got it home and cleaned it up, changed the rubbers, and did a few minor repairs, I ended up with a game that I could play that didn't cost me an arm or a leg. So for me that worked out just fine!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not at the moment, but to give you some info to help- the one that was on South Bend craigslist was at $2900, but I never contacted him because of the distance involved, but the price seemed correct for a cherry example. The one on E-bay is not as nice, so I would think $2000 to $2500 max. Mine is not as nice as either, it has some playfield wear, but I was able to pay substantially less and it was a fairly local sale so no shipping was involved. But once I got it home and cleaned it up, changed the rubbers, and did a few minor repairs, I ended up with a game that I could play that didn't cost me an arm or a leg. So for me that worked out just fine!

Great info thanks! I will keep my eyes open but I'm a little further away from that game for now. Now I know!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Great info thanks!

Your welcome! By the way, this game is a blast!

1 month later
#19 11 years ago

Does anybody know about the home version vs the regular ?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Does anybody know about the home version vs the regular ?

If you have no history playing this machine it probably won't matter to you. But this is like comparing Stern's new "The Pin" to a Medieval Madness.

#21 11 years ago

Don't get the home version. That is all you need to know.

#22 11 years ago

Thanks...total rookie here. Looking to get something for the house.
Any thoughts on a decent Mr fantastic & the brown dirt cowboy.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Any thoughts on a decent Mr fantastic & the brown dirt cowboy.

Again, don't get the home version!

#24 11 years ago

Mr fantastic is not the home version, thought i could get this cheap and make a few bucks.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Looking to get something for the house.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

thought i could get this cheap and make a few bucks.

I don't know about making money on pins. Its a hobby for me, which in reality means I will probably spend more time and money than I will ever get back.

#26 11 years ago

The Fireball em is considered by many to be the MM of em's. Condition is king and could see this getting more price love going forward. It may make sense to buy what you can find within reason to avoid getting priced out of it in the future. I am biased as I own one in excellent condition that was in a home since '74 with little play for those years and will sell one day to help fund a lotr purchase.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

I am biased as I own one in excellent condition that was in a home since '74 with little play for those years and will sell one day to help fund a lotr purchase.

Please, keep me posted!

#28 11 years ago

The one on South Bend CL was John Wart, Jr's listing, I believe. I've never met the man, but I don't think you could find a bad word about him on RGP.

I picked mine up when I lived in LA. Drove all the way to Phoenix and back in a day. I paid $1000. It's in good condition, but I have yet to solve an issue that keeps it from getting its play. Every now and I then I go back at trying to solve the issue, but eventually I'm just gonna throw it off of the roof.

#29 11 years ago

Great game!...but, as stated, no Home Edition!

#30 11 years ago

These are damn hard to find...I would like to find a decent one as well.

#31 11 years ago

Saw one last year in Pittsburgh for $750.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Mr fantastic is not the home version, thought i could get this cheap and make a few bucks.

If the word Captain is spelled out in full, it's the home version, if it's abbreviated to Capt. then its the real deal. Huge difference, be careful.

#33 11 years ago

Firewood. I will remove it from your location. Free of charge

obviously kidding this makes my top 3 list of machines I want with zipper flippers.

#34 11 years ago

Thanks for input on both...let me just clear the air.
I am trying to get something for the house. Still learning a little as i go. Played for 35 plus years...love the games but never an owner. I am now able to get something but maybe start slow...
Great tips today thanks .
JBA

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-fireball-em-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.