(Topic ID: 307912)

What is fair, Deposit -> Delivery, of NIB Stern?

By sharkey1331

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KSP1138
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sharkey1331.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi folks!
    So after being a pin head for years and years- I *finally* decided to pull the trigger on a NIB Deadpool Pro- my first NIB game. I know there are threads debating the cost of NIB Sterns, but for me- I still think a NIB game for ~6k is a bargain in today's world, all things considered. Here's the issue I have though:

I call up my local distributor May 3, 2021, and plunk down a 2k deposit, for stated delivery of the game in September. I want to say the total price of the game was perhaps 5700 or somewhere around there. September rolls around, and I get an email stating that, due to COVID, supply issues, etc., the game is delayed, and was going up in price (I think 75 bucks), and was I still in? I said yes, I'll keep waiting.

Just today, I get an email; The price is going up again, 250 bucks, and delivery should be from the July production run.. Wow....

So- I'm thinking about cancelling my order, but not yet 100% convinced. It is still a great title, in demand, etc. I still think it's worth the price increase. BUT- I know for sure, Mando, Godzilla, and possibly others have been conceived AND delivered since I ordered. Is it really supply issues? Or just capitalizing on other titles while the iron is hot? I don't fully understand how the distributer relationship works- if they've actually ordered from Stern, or if they're just waiting until the stock comes around, but this doesn't seem sound to me...

Can anyone explain this to me? Is this legit? Or is the company I'm dealing with (not naming them, but distro for Maryland) jerking me around? Over 1 year wait for a 6k purchase seems a bit over the top to me..
    Thoughts?

#17 2 years ago

For me, I put 2k down. I'm not expecting to get anything for less than what they cost now. Whether it sounds fair or not, if they legitimately had supply problems, are delayed on delivery, and then their pricing has gone up a few hundred bucks, I'm still onboard. I know a lot of others aren't with that aspect.

My problem is, the delay, when I know they're putting out other, newer games that were ordered log after I put my order in. That's what I don't understand. And, if the delay is so they can focus on selling their new games- I guess it makes business sense, just kinda seems wrong to the people that are waiting for previous orders.

At the end of the day- this is a "first world problem"..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sharkey1331.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-fair-deposit-gt-delivery-of-nib-stern-?tu=sharkey1331 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.