(Topic ID: 307912)

What is fair, Deposit -> Delivery, of NIB Stern?

By sharkey1331

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KSP1138
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from sharkey1331:

So- I'm thinking about cancelling my order, but not yet 100% convinced. It is still a great title, in demand, etc. I still think it's worth the price increase. BUT- I know for sure, Mando, Godzilla, and possibly others have been conceived AND delivered since I ordered. Is it really supply issues? Or just capitalizing on other titles while the iron is hot?

When they announce a new pin it goes into production prettty much right away. I think that explains why Godzilla bumped some other pins. I bet there are Rush orders that go out before you get yours.

This is the most recent list going around, I'd make your choice based on that.

Also the last price increase is probably because they now include Stern connected, so at least you get something for it.

an 2022 - Rush Pro & LE
    Feb 2022 - Rush Premium
    Feb 2022 - Mando Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Dec 2002 - Elvira

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffster:

Just hope what has happened in the auto business doesn't happen to pinball although I'm afraid it is already. If you want to get sick to your stomach just log into any Ford Bronco forum and you'll see what many of the Ford dealers are doing to their customers. Folks that made a reservation and paid a deposit for their Bronco well over a year ago are arriving to pick up their Bronco only to discover the dealer has added an ADM or market adjustment of thousands of $. In one case $56,000 over MSRP!. Usually $5-$10k over. They don't care if the customer walks since someone else will pay it. The worst part is the dealer wouldn't even have the car if the customer hadn't reserved it since it's allocated based upon orders. I understand from my distro that Stern has initiated an allocation process for them too. I'm afraid you'll see more and more of distro's charging "market adjustments" and not hiding from it. Lucky I have one that isn't one of those....yet.

Used market for cars is up like crazy too. The parallels to pinball are there for sure.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from KSP1138:

I don't know why Stern doesn't just set pricing for each model of a given game at release and then stick to it. They should be good enough to forecast what they expect to pay for parts, and if they need to set the price a bit higher initially then so be it. And this doesn't completely lock them into pricing, because they could always come out with a super limited edition and charge more for that if the demand is there. Each game released would have its own pricing based on the market at the time of release, parts required, etc. and ideally would have some order guarantee that you will get a game at that price eventually. If the orders they receive exceeds what they want to commit to building then they could at least tell people at the end of the order list right away that they are out of luck instead of making them wait months.
    I don't have any issue with them setting the MSRP at whatever they want. I do have a big problem with them taking orders at once price, not delivering after months of waiting, and then forcing people to chose to either pay more or cancel.

I imagine their excuse is that they are not really taking orders, they're reserving a spot in line at the price on the time of release or something like that. Semantics if you ask me.

The real answer though is that they're doing it because the market tolerates it.

The local distributor where I live used to have a loyalty discount, something they apparently started when the pin scene was waning. They've removed that discount now because they know they won't lose any sales by removing it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-fair-deposit-gt-delivery-of-nib-stern-?tu=Anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.