Topic poll

“What would you pick”

• Star Trek pro 55 votes
    47%
  • Tron pro 62 votes
    53%

(117 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

eod584321LARGE (resized).jpg
C889711A-4C3B-448B-8B1A-A86A4A5A6C87.gif

#1 1 year ago

Looking for options on this. Let me know your thoughts please.

#2 1 year ago

I think this will be a coin toss. I am curious to see where votes stand in a couple of days.
-Mike

#3 1 year ago

Go Tron or go home......

#4 1 year ago

Both great but Tron for the long run.

#5 1 year ago

Both are great but ST has more shots and modes. It's a more complete game. I love Tron but ST is better.

#6 1 year ago

I’ve owned both. Both are nice pins. Tron is gone, Star Trek is still here. Best option: own both!

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ve owned both. Both are nice pins. Tron is gone, Star Trek is still here. Best option: own both!

I’ve owned both. ST is gone, Tron is still here.

I can’t emphasize how important a GOOD external sub is on Tron. Mine came unplugged this week and I was amazed at how lame the sound is without it.

#8 1 year ago

Let let me help you focus...

C889711A-4C3B-448B-8B1A-A86A4A5A6C87.gif
#9 1 year ago

Star Trek is really good. But Tron is great.

#10 1 year ago

I’ve put a lot of time into both, and have owned both variants of each. My ST pro staid a lot longer than my ST premium.
I had both Tron LE and pro in the house for a long time together. I have sold the pro and then bought one back. The LE is gone.

The upshot of all that? Tron pro is still here and will be for the long haul. Its simple to learn, hard to master gameplay is classic pinball, and the theme integration superb.

ST may seem to have more going on in the early ownership stage, but the staying power sits squarely with Tron. Tron makes you want to beat it, ST takes you on a bit of a ride and fizzles out.

#11 1 year ago

I've owned both (well STLE) and I prefer Tron.

Both are great, ST has a lot of modes but they kind of blend together into a humongous mass of modes. I think it's fine to own both and I rate both highly but Tron is more fun for me. I wanted to love ST but it was not as fun to me as SM (and I couldn't take both ST and SM in the same collection).

eod584321LARGE (resized).jpg

#12 1 year ago

Tron pro is gonna cost you more than a ST pro. ST is the deeper game, so definitely better at home. I also think the premium is the way to go. The lighting is awesome, metal wireforms, molded asteroids.

#14 1 year ago

My problem with ST is the hardest shots in the game starts your missions, and there's 18 of them. Could you imagine having to hit the gem shot 18 times in one game to get to Portal? TRON for the win.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Tron pro is gonna cost you more than a ST pro. ST is the deeper game, so definitely better at home. I also think the premium is the way to go. The lighting is awesome, metal wireforms, molded asteroids.

I prefer ST premium (or LE) and you can probably get a ST premium for close to a loaded Tron pro.

#16 1 year ago

I've owned the LE versions of both pins. STLE wasn't for me (mostly because of the way the modes worked and the code overall). Tron will always be in my Top 5.

#18 1 year ago

Have owned both and have to say TRON for the win.

#19 1 year ago

They're both great and very hard in their own way.

Tron does not have a lot of depth but yet does not need a ton. It never seems to get stale or repetitive, and there are only a handful of people that have actually beaten Portal. (I'm one of them)

ST Pro on the other hand, has 18 missions to cruise through, and a host of other goodies. The dot matrix animations are second to none imo, and some of the sounds are top shelf. I have yet to get to five year mission on the latest code, it's hard.

My favorite game of all time is Tron, but I own a ST Pro. Tron costs a lot, which is the only reason I don't have it in my current lineup, maybe someday soon.

#20 1 year ago

I hav Tron LE and Star Trek Premium, if I had to sell both and get 1 pro machine... Tron, nothing else

#21 1 year ago

I'll go along with the ST Premium comments: with Tron pricing as it usually is, seems you should compare to ST premium. In that case, I'd choose ST Premium. If pricing is the same for Tron Pro and ST Pro, I'd choose Tron Pro.

#22 1 year ago

If you like a longer playing game with a lot of shoot-the-flashing-shot-type modes and very nuanced strategy, go with Star Trek.

If you want shorter ball times and a more straightforward ruleset, with a great sound/light show, go with Tron. You're always just a few shots away from going all the way, but it's hard to get there and you'll keep telling yourself "just one more game".

I'm a Tron guy.

And ditto on the external sub recommendation. It's magical.

#23 1 year ago

i owned these 2

TRON stay 3 years home
ST (which i like for sure) stay 4 monthes...

1 year later
#24 37 days ago

ST Pro! I mod'd mine up to better than a stock premium for lots less than a Premium. Play is just as good. Colored playfield inserts give richer color than RGB and clear inserts. Get Aurich translate and decals if possible. Color LCD, shaker motor for sure. Zits pop bumper caps and Pinblades, Vengeance explosion light and visor kit and Cliffy's on the plastic ramps are must haves! Install v1.62 with movie sound code! Tron is stupid expensive!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside