Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A4999189-5085-4FF1-B060-FAE9AE7D47E4 (resized).jpeg
    5080C45E-F5D7-4AAE-B94A-30784ABCC0BD (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desiArnez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago

I have often wondered what the profit margins are at Stern.

Not because I dispute the price, but because they can’t be making much.

Huge cost increases can be attributed to the whole building of designers, animators and programmers now that there are these LCD screens.

Technology has shaved the price of board components and made the electronics more modular, reducing assembly time.

Licenses are expensive. Stern is not doing low-end licenses.

Blah blah blah. Let’s say it’s a push.

Let’s pretend the a $6000 pro, out the door and on a truck to a distributor costs stern, from design to marketing to engineering to packaging, $3000.

So they sell to Cointaker, Marco, Yo Grammy’s Pinball Haus, etc for $4500 (making that up).

Who then will bring it to my curb, delivery included, for $5800 - making $1300 minus cost of operation.

Let’s pretend those are ball parks. $1500 a game? How many do they sell? 100k?

1.5 mil profit. That seems like very little. 50% return if sales are good. A strike, a massive recall, a shelved game could erode that considerably.

Parts? It’s the value of the intellectual property (patents, design) and tooling necessary to stamp out those bat wings.

I really want an Avengers. How much is my divorce gonna cost.
    A4999189-5085-4FF1-B060-FAE9AE7D47E4 (resized).jpegA4999189-5085-4FF1-B060-FAE9AE7D47E4 (resized).jpeg

5080C45E-F5D7-4AAE-B94A-30784ABCC0BD (resized).jpeg5080C45E-F5D7-4AAE-B94A-30784ABCC0BD (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desiArnez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-an-accurate-bom-of-a-new-stern?tu=desiArnez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.