Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A4999189-5085-4FF1-B060-FAE9AE7D47E4 (resized).jpeg
    5080C45E-F5D7-4AAE-B94A-30784ABCC0BD (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I think here is the easiest way to look at it:
    I'm going to guess the "net profit margin" is anywhere from 5-10% on a PRO model
    And then i would say 10-12% on a PREMIUM model and 15-18% on an LE model.
    Let's assume with normal operating conditions they are producing 60 pins a day over a 260 day work calendar year ish. That's 15,600 pins. I know that's in the ball park and might be higher now?
    LE models per year roughly 2,000 units on 4 titles = $9,200 x 15% = $1,380 per pin or $2,760,000
    Premium models per year 5,000 units total = $7,600 x 10% = $760 per pin or $3,800,000
    Pro models per year 8,600 units total = $5,800 x 5% = $290 per pin or $2,494,000
    That's a TOTAL "net profit" AFTER all expenses of $9,054,000
    And that does NOT include accessories and other ancillary income
    Thus, i'm assuming the ACTUAL % "net profit margins" are probably LESS than the above numbers
    This gives us at least a starting point to play around with.
    This is why Stern has to keep the line moving!!!

I think your net profit margins on individual machines are probably close to the mark. However I seriously doubt they are producing 60 pins/day. That would be 1 pin every 8 mins. This is not an automated assembly line or 10,000 employees. I don't think they could even load them up on trucks fast enough to keep up with production - remember most distribs don't buy them 60 at a time.. which means many trucks with smaller loads. Shipping is an important consideration given the size of these things. Storing hundreds of machines would not be not smart business. I think that ~20 machines per line per day is more likely. They have 2 assembly lines and they don't always have both up and running. At 20/day it would take about 4.5 weeks (25 business days) to produce 500 LEs. Seems about right.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-an-accurate-bom-of-a-new-stern?tu=MrMikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.