imgres.jpg
BeavisandButthead_MD_title.png
89ac0cf32fb96a8fa1abe84956db68cb.jpg
f730389e9940de742f240084fca97b05.jpg
8e3c32dfb537ee246f5f166bc289d40e.jpg
603079_320380981415131_668498077_n.jpg
scuba_diving_24.jpg
0.jpg
A8CABWWWQ5CA9A7Y92CA0YFI03CAJ47HSZCA1GPU8PCARHQESSCAGUTOH2CAVTTPVNCAS4XE7ZCAQKQ6GKCAX6XNUOCA8O3E7KCAWOOVT1CAUESQDBCAHP7GPPCAIQW5
2014-04-10-23-54-36.png
doom-3-wallpaper-1.jpg
screen480x480.jpeg
rear_monster_camaro.jpg
l.gif
Make way for Endeavor.jpg
Unknown-4-872.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from katoskave:

Music themed pins are in the same boat as superhero themes. They are so last year. Stern doesn't want another Rolling Stones on their hands. Make something original, innovative, and fresh. Oh wait, back to reality. Another crappy licensed theme.

Nah, they'd hate to have a huge seller like AC/DC or Metallica make pinball lovers happy and keep them in business....

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I want a fun pin.....like TSPP (not the muppets).... enough of the music and super heroes..... something like Scooby doo ....ren & stimpy......garbage pail kids.....anamaniacs.....duck tales....or even a Toy Story... or pixar related pin.....
something else.....

It's 2014, brotha When it comes to family/cartoon/pop culture stuff -that list is WAAAAYYY too dated.

Maaaaybe Scooby since it gets rebooted every few years.

Toy Story/Pixar would be good as it's considered classic/timeless by now. To be more current, a Despicable Me/Minions based game would be very fun & sell well worldwide.

The only TV cartoon that would sell/feel relevant would be Adventure Time. Spongebob might still work, though...the show never dies & a new movie is coming out next year.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Sold 4016 units not a big hit No Fear sold more games

It has legs though....it's being remade....so, I think it can now be legitimately called a hit.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I asked what was the last big non license hit that means good sales not secondary market value. why would a non license game be made if they do not sell well

Yeah, non-licensed won't sell well in this market...that's why Stern won't risk it.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Starbuck77:

This thread has provided no insight to what is next...lol

100% fact: Borg's game.

Anything else is speculation.

#88 10 years ago

If Lawlor's game makes it into production, then yes. Will it sell as well as WOZ or Hobbit? We shall see.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Agreed. This wasnt supposed to be a wish list!
Other then Superman and Borg the last 80 post were off.
My distributor said rumor is Stern secured license for Hunger Games.

We heard that rumor years ago...wouldn't make sense to do it before they had available assets for the 3rd and 4th movie, IMO.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stern, and pinball in general, needs to refocus on its CORE demographic. Mostly males, and some awesome females, with a rated R pin. Won't be a hard sell with the wife if the 'man' of the house wants one, right?
Look at success of Predator, with its core focus being less 'family friendly.'
My tastes are simple.
Gore. Action. Awesome cars. Awesome chicks. Awesome bad guys. Think spike TV in a pin. Except less commercials.

Metallica's an R rated pin.

Predator's "success" (250 games) would be a Stern failure.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Other way around. Maidens still relevant today unlike zep which only lasted ten years. I do to hate them but not a fit for pin, Black Sabbath deserves one first.

Not that I'm any kind of music expert...but Maiden is so far off my radar that I'm totally surprised that people here keep bringing them up. AC/DC & Metallica - I get that. They have hardcore fans AND are mainstream enough that regular people wouldn't look at those games and go "huh?". I feel like Maiden must just have hardcore fans...do they have any kind of mainstream presence? If so, I guess I just missed it somehow lol.

Now, when I bring up Rush - I get a similar response...they just have hardcore fans, not mainstream enough...but I think Rush has to be more mainstream than Iron Maiden - definitely in more recent years with them being featured in "I Love You, Man" and you still hear their music in tons of TV shows & movies. I feel like most people casually know Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, Limelight, and a few others. I can't think of one Maiden song lol...I dunno - Maiden fans - point me out to their most commercially known song!

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

In Europe and South America, Maiden is the biggest thing in the entire world.
Only in America where Clearchannel owns the entire country's airwaves is "Mandatory Metallica" the only thing on the radio.
Even Maiden's new masterpieces are never played on the air in America:
» YouTube video

Yeh, I mean - I'll take your word for it...I won't be so bold to say "Maiden is a bad pin idea" cuz honestly I just don't know! I have zero nostalgia for them...but I'm listening to some of their music on youtube right now, and it seems like it'd be good, high energetic pin music. Who knows, I'd prob end up getting a Maiden game and becoming a fan lol

I'm just trying to figure out how I never got into them...I was such a little metalhead in the 80's.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

On Hunger Games:

That did not stop them from doing Star Trek after only two movies.

False equivalency. Hunger Games is a finite story. 3 books (4 movies)...done. Star Trek is infinite. You don't need more than 1 or 2 movies worth of assets to accurately represent the license.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

With the recent release of Muppets most wanted,
is it too late for this title now ?
is Borg a Muppets fan ?
I will be on the Iron Maiden freight train when it rocks up !

Muppets is an evergreen property. You could make that at anytime and it would resonate with its fans. Doesn't have to be based on a particular movie.

2 weeks later
#202 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why a licensed theme? Let's see some originality instead.

Buy America's Most Haunted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-after-mustang?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.