(Topic ID: 176941)

What is a pinball machine that you enjoy but everyone else doesn't?

By PinDog00

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Micky
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180330-002526 (resized).png
IMG_3715 (resized).JPG
20170112_183314 (resized).jpg
sf2 pinball (resized).jpg
20161218_154254 (resized).jpg
Xpinball (resized).jpg
GI (resized).jpg
100_0185 (resized).JPG
IMG_0097 (resized).JPG
20161228_172055-01.jpeg

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

Please post a comment below. For me it would be Cue Ball Wizard. Sure, it's rule set is quite simple compared to other games of that era like Addams Family, but I actually find it quite fun, especially the multiball. Also the voice lines in this game are really well done in my opinion! I know others may not like this machine very much, but I personally enjoy it!

Also, what is a pinball machine that you don't like but everyone else likes? For me it would be Creature from the Black Lagoon. This might be just personal bias, but I don't really find the artstyle of the playfield visually appealing. There aren't any toys or anything that draws you into the machine. Also if I'm going to be completely biased, I don't find the gameplay that fun. To me it's quite boring, starting a movie and spelling out K-I-S-S, it just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe if I played it more than I did, I would enjoy it more, but personally I don't find it an appealing machine.

#2 7 years ago

2 in my collection.. 68 bally op pop pop and close encounters .. I love them both .. but in all honesty I love every game for what they are. . But when friends are over those 2 are the least played...

#3 7 years ago

I don't care for the Simpsons....everyone loves it I do not....

#4 7 years ago

I owned D&D for a couple months and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I had to sell my collection when we bought a house. I've always felt that it left to soon. I hope to find it again some time.

#5 7 years ago

Strictly speaking in my house, the pin that needs the most work is the least liked by everybody else, and is the one I enjoy! ("What's that box in the mail? Oh, more stuff for the damn pinball...")

I haven't been able to get into GoT at ALL. Ive only played it a few times on location and it just didn't grab me.

Not in my collection (yet!) but I really enjoy ToM, which a lot of people apparently think is kind of lame

#6 7 years ago

In my house it's sttng. I think it's a masterpiece but friends can't ever get past the theme to give it a chance

#7 7 years ago

Pretty much any system 3 Premier game. I like lots of games that mainstream folks do not. Williams Scorpion is another one.

#8 7 years ago

WWF Royal Rumble.

Most can't get over the theme. Yet the 'suspended reality' of wrestling is not much different than other genre's like space travel or mystic creature themes or books....

#9 7 years ago

Im trying to get my friends more into road show. There are no leds in it so when its next to my acdc with leds they all act like moths at night and get attracted to the bright flashing lights.

#10 7 years ago

BBH gets maligned a lot, yet everyone that actually plays it seems to enjoy it. That happened to some extent with IM as well being same design team, same year... although it wasn't a theme issue with IM, it was similarly maligned for its relative simplistic design, but after time had passed people realized the brilliance in the implementation.

As far as one that people seem to like, GOT is one that I just don't enjoy playing.

#11 7 years ago

Austin Powers and Sopranos. I don't own either any more, but loved playing both of those games. I think it was the adult humor!

#12 7 years ago

I actually really enjoy Star Wars Trilogy even though most people seem to think it sucks.

#13 7 years ago

That's such a weird coincidence. I only own two pinball machines....Addams Family and Cue Ball Wizard haha!

20161228_172055-01.jpeg20161228_172055-01.jpeg

#14 7 years ago

I was taken back by how much I enjoyed Time Fantasy. For being released in 83 it's super weak in terms of features but I just had a blast playing it over and over at Pintastic.

One game that seems to be fairly popular but I couldn't get into was Xenon. The art is amazing but the sounds and play just didn't do anything for me.

#15 7 years ago

I really enjoyed HRC when I was able to play it on location. That was when I first started getting into pinball, so perhaps my tastes have changed, but I remember it being pretty fun. I'd be interested to see how well it holds up now that my skills are much better.

#16 7 years ago

I really like almost every Sega and I know a lot of other people say they don't like them

#17 7 years ago

I really like wheel of fortune

don't judge me

#18 7 years ago

My woodrails. They actually have a ton of strategy and are not slow and boring!

Anyway can always shift to TWD etc for change of pace....

IMG_0097 (resized).JPGIMG_0097 (resized).JPG

#19 7 years ago

I doubt there has ever been a pinball machine made that only one person liked to play.

#20 7 years ago

I love Cactus Jacks. It just cracks me up.

As far as the other side, im not a fan of Jurassic Park at all.

#21 7 years ago

+1 for Wheel of fortune!
Usually people call it wheel of tourture around here. sound is boring but the gameplay is fun!

#22 7 years ago

Williams Super Star. One of the first titles that launched me into Pinball.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

I was taken back by how much I enjoyed Time Fantasy.

Time Fantasy is great.

Games I do not like that everyone else does:
ACDC
Any Black Knight
BOP
TSPP
IM
CV
GB
BSD

#24 7 years ago

Another vote for my Wheel of Fortune, I really like the gameplay despite the unfinished code.

#25 7 years ago

I like these and people seem to either dislike them or show very little interest:

Elektra
Torpedo Alley
Ali
Alien Star
Mr. Ms. Pac-Man (people seem to be warming up to this one recently though)

Here are some that people go ga-ga over and I can't stand them:
DWho
TOM
FT
Xenon
TOTAN
KISS (Bally)

#26 7 years ago

Funny, people love my woodrails. Maybe I just have the right ones.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I doubt there has ever been a pinball machine made that only one person liked to play.

Street fighter 2? Maybe Xfiles.

#28 7 years ago

I guess this is the thread where everyone comes out of the closet on Wheel of Fortune It gets the most play in my collection by far yet it is ranked outside the top 200 on Pinside (#231 as of today).

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Street fighter 2? Maybe Xfiles.

I don't hate XFiles but SF2 is putrid!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't hate XFiles...

So you're the one!?!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So you're the one!?!

Let's just say that if someone gave me a free X-Files pin with the stipulation that I could never sell it or remove it from my line-up I would probably do it. I wouldn't call it a good game and wouldn't want to spend much money on one but I don't really mind it. There are far worse games out there.

Street Fighter I would burn my house down and keep the insurance money

#32 7 years ago

People laugh when i say popeye is my favorite

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Funny, people love my woodrails. Maybe I just have the right ones.

Ha ha!

I am surrounded by people who only like DMD games so basically any EM won't get played!

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Ha ha!
I am surrounded by people who only like DMD games so basically any EM won't get played!

It used to be that way around here too. But throw in a little friendly wagering and the EMs take over.

#35 7 years ago

Bingos of course. Until someone actually plays one.

#36 7 years ago

I like X-Files, so there is 3 of us. But I have a Mario Andretti that is completely unloved by the pinball community, except me. Mine is dialed in and I think it's a great playing game.

I also think The Hobbit is a turd, but what do I know.

#37 7 years ago

You had me until the Hobbit comment. Loving that game right now. But I like MA too.

#38 7 years ago

Hollywood Heat when i played it.

#39 7 years ago

Ok, ok, ok! I'm in. What Leo wants, Leo Getz. it's Lethal Weapon 3.

#40 7 years ago

The Avengers L.E. Excellent music . Each character has there own sound track . Hard pinball . But can be rewarding . Four skill shots . The best is plunging the pinball all the way around the machine . Similar to LOTR 'Flipper ' Skill shot. But the goal is to hit the Blackwidow ramp . It is my favorite skill shot . Lighting on the LE changes for all modes . Voice overs are good. Cool art on playfield. Real glass back glass with awesome art. Art on the Pinball machine its self is awesome. It is underrated in my opinion .

100_0185 (resized).JPG100_0185 (resized).JPG

#41 7 years ago

Gottlieb's Lights Camera Action. It's on location at Bartronica in Melbourne. The first time I went there I played every other game in the place before putting any coins in LCA. I'd assumed I wouldn't like it much but after playing it I think it's a great game. I go straight to it whenever I'm back there.

#42 7 years ago

Another vote for the Sega/Data East machines
unloved but lots of fun. They seem to be durable. Stern diagnostics.

#43 7 years ago

Some under-appreciated games I've enjoyed are:
Baywatch
Hollywood Heat
Rocky & Bullwinkle
DE Star Trek
Alien Star

Some high-rated titles I don't care for include:
Metallica
Spider-Man
Terminator 2
X-Men
Game of Thrones

I'll always choose creative engineering and gameplay over a standard fan layout and "complete all the shots" rule sets.

#44 7 years ago

I would say my Mustang, the rating comments are so brutal yet I think the game is a blast. It's just so much fun at least I think so.

#45 7 years ago

GOT LE used to get the most play out of any machine for about half a year. Now, hardly anybody touches it but me. Not because it's not an incredible game...it is. It's just so f**king hard, and even I find myself cursing the machine daily. I hate that f**king game...but for all the wrong--or right?--reasons.

#46 7 years ago

most of the games I like are far from favorites of others.

#47 7 years ago

I've got no horse in this race.

#48 7 years ago

Hardbody!

#49 7 years ago

Demolition Man.

Ok, I know there are others who enjoy this gameplay itself, but very very few can say they also like the artwork and theme like I do. I think Linda Deal did fantastic with the art considering the time and pressure she was under with the Wesley Snipes complaints. Ill take this game and its art over most modern Sterns anyday.

#50 7 years ago

Loved my friends heavy metal meltdown. Just the right amount of 80's cheese. He no longer has it. . .which makes me sad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falls Church, VA
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 22.50
3,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Navarre, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-a-pinball-machine-that-you-enjoy-but-everyone-else-doesnt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.