(Topic ID: 313950)

What is a original Cactus Canyon goingfor these days.

By zr11990

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RTS
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Im wondering if I sold mine i could get enough to buy a repro and anerew Stern say like a Star wars comic edition. Just a thought. The CCC code is pretty awesome though.

#2 2 years ago

Top of the market is probably what thepinballcompany.com is asking: $15,999

When the remake of MM came out, the $15k prices of the original dropped to what you could buy the remakes new out of the box, so I'd say your machine should be worth at least what a new remake machine is priced at... $8349.00 and up.

That's a pretty wide range! But if past performance determines future results, the worst time to try to sell your top tier vintage pinball is exactly when the remake is available new. You know... right now.

When the remakes are no longer in production and become really hard to get and the market settles down, it's possible that the $8349.00 remakes will sell for $15k. That happened to me with a Monster Bash SE remake lately. So give it five years or so, and you might have a top of the market pin.

But of course, what is something worth? What someone will pay for it.

#3 2 years ago

I saw one for sale a few years ago at a show for $16k.

No idea if it sold, though. Also, no idea how the remakes affected the price on the originals (typically, the prices came down on the other remake titles), or how the sharp increase in pricing the last couple years affected this title.

I think all you can do is stick a high price on it with an OBO and see what the market will bear. There aren't a whole lot of sales figures available for this one.

#4 2 years ago

there really isnt a lot of figures I can find for any of them.I was considering selling my IJ and I coudnt find anything to set a value. The only info i got was someong said I could get a shit ton for it.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

there really isnt a lot of figures I can find for any of them.I was considering selling my IJ and I coudnt find anything to set a value. The only info i got was someong said I could get a shit ton for it.

I've seen a few IJTPA's list and sell in the $10k+ range

With that price point, I'm *almost* tempted to sell mine, but I'd probably never be able find another one.

#6 2 years ago

IJ is a neat game but for some reason it gets boring.I wish Eric woud giv it the same treatment that he gave CC then sell the computers like he did before. I cant do shit with computers

#7 2 years ago

Someone got $11K for a HUO one right when the remakes were announced. Took a few weeks to sell.

Since that initial frenzy Is over and the usual “man I wish it wouldn’t take 2 years to get one” thing has settled in, I would think they are worth a little more now.

Yeah some people ONLY want remakes but there’s plenty of people who will only
    Accept and original as well.

#8 1 year ago

There are advantages to both. The new one is all shiney with completed code and LEDs that intract with gameplay and a larger color display. Its fancier and has some things the original doesnt. The problem is with the one giant surface mount board underneath it an its run by a computer. Let that board or computer take a shit and you are looking at some cash IF they are still in production. The old one can be repaired easier and well you have the option of Erics Cactus Canyon Continued which is badass. If it werent for CCC I would sell in a second and buy the new one. The original unfinished code is boring. I am curious how CCC compares to Lymens code. I doubt its as deep as CCC but I have no idea. Oh, I forgot to add that the new game will have the saloon door mod soon and that is pretty cool.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

(typically, the prices came down on the other remake titles)

Temporarily. Now, MM, AFM, and MB are higher than ever before.

#10 1 year ago

Why stop marking them if there is still a demand for them. Run them till they dont sell anymore then Blowout the leftovers

#11 1 year ago

There is one freshly listed on SF Bay CL right now for $10k.

None of the usual vultures have immediately jumped on it, but it has only been 4 days.

Seller needs to find a purist collector. The demand for an original has diminished.

#12 1 year ago

I think the value of the originals, maybe with the exception of one with the continued package will not creep back up. There are new rules and objectives that won’t be available for the originals. I think that’s the difference between afmr and mmr which are original code. My two cents.

#13 1 year ago

Refakes will never be worth as much as OG.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Someone got $11K for a HUO one right when the remakes were announced. Took a few weeks to sell.
    Since that initial frenzy Is over and the usual “man I wish it wouldn’t take 2 years to get one” thing has settled in, I would think they are worth a little more now.
    Yeah some people ONLY want remakes but there’s plenty of people who will only
    Accept and original as well.

I still prefer original wms games because the ccg games look just different enough that they don’t match my memories from playing in the 90s. Silly I know

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Im wondering if I sold mine i could get enough to buy a repro and anerew Stern say like a Star wars comic edition. Just a thought. The CCC code is pretty awesome though.

You aren’t going to get that much, at least now. Try again in about a year. An original will sell much easier if you have CCC installed.

Cactus Canyon may be the exception game where the remake becomes more desired than the original. I’m a purist and prefer originals to the remakes but CCr has enough changes where I think it may be better in the long run though if I had the room I would love to have both.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

There is one freshly listed on SF Bay CL right now for $10k.
    None of the usual vultures have immediately jumped on it, but it has only been 4 days.
    Seller needs to find a purist collector. The demand for an original has diminished.

So after a week, this original HUO Cactus Canyon just had a significant price reduction. Currently listed for $9k.

#17 1 year ago

Well that sucks

2 weeks later
    #18 1 year ago

Further update on CC price check.

The local ad has been running for almost 3 weeks now, and the game is still available.

Seller is now offering a bundle with Theater of Magic (very nice restored condition) and CC for $17k (FIRM). This would be $8500 per game, not bad.

The price may bounce back a bit for purists who like the authenticity of an original. But it's a smaller market for sure.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-a-original-cactus-canyon-goingfor-these-days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.