(Topic ID: 244955)

What is a needed service in the pinball industry that's not available.

By Glycerin

71 days ago

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D246EC34-793C-4ABD-90E9-790E6AB67F03 (resized).jpeg
    AFB94892-25EB-4312-AD45-283D17C7334C (resized).jpeg
    6F687D42-B085-4B4C-90D0-FEFFE3D4D2C1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 70 days ago
    Quoted from NPO:

There WERE vendors that used to do this until Stern their "we'll fuck the free market with mandatory pricing" bullshit.

Bwhahahahahaha. When I did AFM, which is probably one of the easiest swaps there is, that took me a good 50 hours to get from disassembling the original PF to installing the new PF with everything 100% dialed in, and that was with nearly zero problems/issues/uh-ohs/while-I'm-in-there things coming up. That was a straight up swap with replacing minimal components and not doing any ultra sonic or tumbling work or new rivets or anything.
    If someone can write checks for their $10K NIB games, get ready to pay up, or learn how to do it yourself. Someone offers me $500 to do a PF swap and acts like they're overpaying while I see every Stern, JJP, AP, Spooky game since 2016 in their line-up...I'd remind them that their PF ain't going to fix itself with them being cheap....

HFS, $600 + parts is such a bargain. Some people in this community are SERIOUSLY some cheap-ass motherfuckers.

Yeah, 1000 min is what I would do. Just too much work that takes times and super patience. I enjoy the work but not sure I would do it for someone else for less than that.

#100 68 days ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Are people -really- paying 800+parts for a PF swap?
    I may SERIOUSLY have to reconsider offering my services out to our local groups if that's the case. At that point, it's definitely worth MY time, and if people can be considerate of delivery timeframe....psh. Bring me your game, I'll do the swap in my living room. I think you guys are talking more about like restoration than just a straight up swap at those prices, yeah? You're talking about crazy talk stuff like washing the bloody harness and re-wrapping coils that don't even have toasty wrappers to start with, and making dimple templates. That's not something I'd normally do on my own games.
    A PF swap by my book isn't a full shop job, but lots of that stuff IS easier to do with the PF pulled out and parts off the board, and I naturally do things that make sense like cleaning guide rails, rebuilding pop bumpers, replacing star posts.. I've done it both ways with my games. Crescendo got a full rebuild of damn near everything during the swap... so did Space Shuttle (including resoldering every...bloody....wire. Oops.)....but Jackbot, not so much. PF swap was done in the cabinet and everything was dropped in the cabinet connected to the harness, and put back on in the cabinet working from the bottom up.

My number of 1000 is what it would take for me to do someone else's playfield. My time is too valuable for my own projects.

#102 68 days ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

There is absolutely ZERO probability that I would ever purchase a brand new pin that was assembled by anyone other than the OEM.
    I can't believe this is even an idea.

I would rather have a game assembled by myself with care, rather than a low level worker just punching the clock and trying to get through the day. Takes all kinds I guess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10,999.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside