(Topic ID: 244955)

What is a needed service in the pinball industry that's not available.

By Epistaxis

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D246EC34-793C-4ABD-90E9-790E6AB67F03 (resized).jpeg
    AFB94892-25EB-4312-AD45-283D17C7334C (resized).jpeg
    6F687D42-B085-4B4C-90D0-FEFFE3D4D2C1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Bonus points to repeat customers towards future purchases (like buy 10 burritos get one free)

There WERE vendors that used to do this until Stern their "we'll fuck the free market with mandatory pricing" bullshit.

Quoted from Frax:

Hell, I can do that. Problem is, and this has been discussed before....everyone WANTS to pay ~300 bucks for this, but the reality is for most swaps, to do it right, that's like paying 20 bucks an hour, and not including any new parts or any 'problem' issues, like riveted posts/ramps that have to be re-riveted etc. If I want to get paid 20 bucks an hour...I'll just go to work. Nobody wants to pay technician type pay for this work, and if you want it done right...well....

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yeah, I have had some people ask for playfield swaps for $500 and act like they are doing me a favor...

Bwhahahahahaha. When I did AFM, which is probably one of the easiest swaps there is, that took me a good 50 hours to get from disassembling the original PF to installing the new PF with everything 100% dialed in, and that was with nearly zero problems/issues/uh-ohs/while-I'm-in-there things coming up. That was a straight up swap with replacing minimal components and not doing any ultra sonic or tumbling work or new rivets or anything.

If someone can write checks for their $10K NIB games, get ready to pay up, or learn how to do it yourself. Someone offers me $500 to do a PF swap and acts like they're overpaying while I see every Stern, JJP, AP, Spooky game since 2016 in their line-up...I'd remind them that their PF ain't going to fix itself with them being cheap....

Quoted from dothedoo:

I've quoted people $600 + parts. No takers yet. Anymore, I'm not sure I'd even do it for that.

HFS, $600 + parts is such a bargain. Some people in this community are SERIOUSLY some cheap-ass motherfuckers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-a-needed-service-in-the-pinball-industry-that-s-not-available?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.