(Topic ID: 244955)

What is a needed service in the pinball industry that's not available.

By Glycerin

74 days ago

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 67 days ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D246EC34-793C-4ABD-90E9-790E6AB67F03 (resized).jpeg
    AFB94892-25EB-4312-AD45-283D17C7334C (resized).jpeg
    6F687D42-B085-4B4C-90D0-FEFFE3D4D2C1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 74 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Playfield swap services

Hell, I can do that. Problem is, and this has been discussed before....everyone WANTS to pay ~300 bucks for this, but the reality is for most swaps, to do it right, that's like paying 20 bucks an hour, and not including any new parts or any 'problem' issues, like riveted posts/ramps that have to be re-riveted etc. If I want to get paid 20 bucks an hour...I'll just go to work. Nobody wants to pay technician type pay for this work, and if you want it done right...well....

*Edit* Is there really nobody offering this as a blanket service, or is it just more than people want to pay? It's also a PITA to ship just a playfield, which I suspect is also why we don't see non-local advertising of this as a service.

#99 71 days ago

Are people -really- paying 800+parts for a PF swap?

I may SERIOUSLY have to reconsider offering my services out to our local groups if that's the case. At that point, it's definitely worth MY time, and if people can be considerate of delivery timeframe....psh. Bring me your game, I'll do the swap in my living room. I think you guys are talking more about like restoration than just a straight up swap at those prices, yeah? You're talking about crazy talk stuff like washing the bloody harness and re-wrapping coils that don't even have toasty wrappers to start with, and making dimple templates. That's not something I'd normally do on my own games.

A PF swap by my book isn't a full shop job, but lots of that stuff IS easier to do with the PF pulled out and parts off the board, and I naturally do things that make sense like cleaning guide rails, rebuilding pop bumpers, replacing star posts.. I've done it both ways with my games. Crescendo got a full rebuild of damn near everything during the swap... so did Space Shuttle (including resoldering every...bloody....wire. Oops.)....but Jackbot, not so much. PF swap was done in the cabinet and everything was dropped in the cabinet connected to the harness, and put back on in the cabinet working from the bottom up.

#105 71 days ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Like anything, the work to be done in the playfield swap needs to be detailed so that people know what they are getting. Simple disassemble/reassemble, or make everything like new again, or something in between that range of work. Everyone is different with regard to what they want and the amount of time to do various tasks can add up quick, as can the cost. Also, everything needs to be tested once complete, that takes time, too.

Agreed, and I have no issues with that at all. Most of the people I've shipped games to that I sold long distance actually said that I OVERDID the protection on the cabs. I'm just like....really? It takes me and my wife an hour and a half to prep a game for shipping. Seemed reasonable to me LOL. I don't think I'd even honestly offer a service where I didn't clean stuff like ramps and the metal. My OCD would kill me, and frankly, I don't want my name attached to work *THAT* lazy!

#110 70 days ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

neverending battle and you'll have one pissed off customer

'nuff said.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 214.99
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 12.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 26.95
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside