That low hu?

#4 10 years ago

$3000

#5 10 years ago

It really is a remedial pin. Play it first. 2k tops

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

It really is a remedial pin. Play it first. 2k tops

I think this is pretty close. In great playing and cosmetic shape maybe up to $2,200 or so.

#8 10 years ago

#9 10 years ago

same as 2 tons of recycled cardboard.

No idea really it is not a very desirable title IMO.

#10 10 years ago

Less than 2k

#12 10 years ago

Everyone that says $3k owns it already. If it's actually HUO then maybe a little over $2k I guess. Nowhere near $3k.

#13 10 years ago

I would buy an HUO Godzilla for $2k. So I guess $2200. What did I win?

#14 10 years ago

I would pay $1800 so probably worth $2500....

#15 10 years ago

2500.00 all day long, they dont last long at the price, its a low production run game and pretty fun.

Joe(acejedi)

#16 10 years ago

I recently heard some dude say he bought one for 3 so it isn't unheard of.

#17 10 years ago

I just bought one with original receipt for $3500 shipped. They are extremely rare and hard to find. What they only made around 600 units? Where would one get one for $1750? Lets say I decided I wanted one. How often do junkers come up for sale? And a HUO one? I've been on the lookout for one for about a year. The one I bought was not up for sale long and I know there were other interested parties. And I do like the game and all its multiball styled play. I may have over paid, but this is what it took to find a nice one without a 2 year "be patient" wait.

Quoted from jitneystand1:

Everyone that says $3k owns it already. If it's actually HUO then maybe a little over $2k I guess. Nowhere near $3k.

Rather than assuming people that own a game are price pumping it, perhaps they actually know what they paid. Especially if that game is not for sale then it makes no sense to price pump something you aren't selling. I hate this horrible logic. Who is better to know what something is worth - someone that shopped around and bought that thing or someone that hasn't? Besides, just saying a game is worth a certain amount doesn't make it true unless people are actually buying them for those amounts.

#18 10 years ago

Produced 510. Enjoyed mine especially after LEDs. Traded it to DOUGHSLINGERS for a new stern. Everyone places their own value of any game based on their taste. My opinion, $2,500 at a minimum.

#20 10 years ago

I think easily $3K. I'd drive 9 hours one way to get a HUO Godzilla in the low $2K range.

Cheers,
Duane

#21 10 years ago

That would be over 18 hours of travel time plus gas... you would be better off paying 3k for one near you.... understand what you're saying and all but.....

#22 10 years ago

I own one, don't plan on selling it and if I was looking for a HUO one (in the condition one usually expects from a HUO machine) i'd pay $3000 for it. I looked for mine for about a year, but I couldn't find one for sale within my drive range. Finally ended up grabbing mine from a guy in Denver and having a friend pick it up for me. Once I got it, I realized immediately that it is a very dark pin and needed LEDs and spotlights. Once I finished those additions and started adding a few custom mods, the machine has really become one of my favs, to look at as well as play.

jpg.jpegjpg.jpeg GZ_After.jpgGZ_After.jpg DSC03238.JPGDSC03238.JPG

#23 10 years ago

There is no HUO Godzilla near me I have a routed Godzilla in the basement now and even that one was 7 hours one way. Fortunately, a buddy helped me out. I had only just met him at the Ohio show, but he was a friend of a friend. He happened to be coming to Ottawa to pick up his daughter and generously offered to bring it for the price of gas one way. I was pleased as hell. And I would gladly replace it with a HUO Godzilla. Cool game.

Cheers,
Duane

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Rather than assuming people that own a game are price pumping it, perhaps they actually know what they paid.

I think my point is that the pool of Godzilla buyers that are willing to pay $3k is small...like you and a couple other guys small. Once all of those folks buy one there isn't anyone left to buy at that price.

Quoted from markmon:

Especially if that game is not for sale then it makes no sense to price pump something you aren't selling. I hate this horrible logic.

Again, I don't think it's intentional price pumping really. Every price check thread has a bunch of folks chime in with "I wouldn't sell mine for $x". Well yeah, that's what it might take to pry it from someone who doesn't want to sell it. But if you were to put that pin out for sale you would be EXTREMELY lucky to find a buyer at your "I don't want to sell" price. Not saying it couldn't happen, but if it did it would hardly be indicative of true market value.

I'd argue that my "horrible logic" is less flawed than those that know and are happy with the fact that they are overpayed, yet still chime in on these price threads acting as if the price they paid is the new market value.

#25 10 years ago

It all depends where you live in US $3k in Japan not so much................

#26 10 years ago

+1 to jitneystand1, I totally agree. The pins we own and don't want to sell are going to take more money to get us to part with them, but when you are selling something and done with it, it's a different story, so someone who is serious about moving one of these pins can't be on high horse about it. If they don't care about selling it and can sit on it forever then they can ask whatever they want and see what happens.
I come from the mindset that when I want to sell something I price it to sell and move on, just a fair price for both parties so we are both happy.

#27 10 years ago

I have been offered $2700 for mine twice and it came from a bar and bowling alley. I didn't pay anywhere near that but wouldn't sell mine for any less. There was a really super nice HUO here in SoCal that sold for 3K in like a day or two.

But it is all relative to what you want and/or like. I would never pay over 6k for a Attack From Mars ever. Not even 2K because I simply do not like the game, but like the theme. I have a RFM.

So it is totally worth whatever you want to pay for it. Simple as that.

#28 10 years ago

In most cases, I'd like to get the nicest example possible on any game, but price can weigh in on how much I really want the pin, and resale value if I decide to sell.

A guy nearby had a real nice HUO Godzilla for $3500. And although I was interested, I wasn't that interested.

Then I got a call from a friend that said he had a nice one, but not perfect for way less money. The cost and condition fit perfectly for what I was looking for in that particular machine.

#29 10 years ago

What is it worth?

Billions

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Acejedi:

2500.00 all day long, they dont last long at the price, its a low production run game and pretty fun.
Joe(acejedi)

would a guy trade an EDOT for a Godzilla pin?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Again, I don't think it's intentional price pumping really. Every price check thread has a bunch of folks chime in with "I wouldn't sell mine for $x". Well yeah, that's what it might take to pry it from someone who doesn't want to sell it. But if you were to put that pin out for sale you would be EXTREMELY lucky to find a buyer at your "I don't want to sell" price. Not saying it couldn't happen, but if it did it would hardly be indicative of true market value.
I'd argue that my "horrible logic" is less flawed than those that know and are happy with the fact that they are overpayed, yet still chime in on these price threads acting as if the price they paid is the new market value.

There's a big difference between the guy saying "I wouldn't sell mine for xxx" and a guy that owns the game participating in the thread. I agree that what it takes to buy something not for sale is way more and not an indicator of the value. But someone that owns the game and just participates in the thread should have a better idea what these are worth. I think I really over paid for my Godzilla. But it was worth it to me. But where is someone going to find a HUO Godzilla at any price? This is a tough one.

#32 10 years ago

It looks like I'm off a bit.

#33 10 years ago

They have been on ebay from time to time, sitting at $2500, (one was a Mcdonalds prize, pristine huo for $2500 bin, and last I knew, it never sold last year.
I usually see them for sale in the $2200-$2700 max range. Never over 3k, and never under 2k(from what I've seen)

#34 10 years ago

Wonder if next year's new GZ movie will increase the demand?

5 years later
#35 5 years ago

Old thread but update for 9/2018?

#36 5 years ago

Not $2000 any more, that's for sure.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

Old thread but update for 9/2018?

3300 maybe? More if you can find someone who really wants a perfect one. It is on my hit list, but once you start pushing over 3k I can think of other games that are better players yet still rare.

#38 5 years ago

My buddy got one last year for $4,500. It's supposedly HUO. Side note, the color dmd looks killer on that game. A must have.

6 months later
#39 5 years ago

At least 4k for a really nice one with a color dmd.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

At least 4k for a really nice one with a color dmd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
London, ENGLAND
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-a-huo-godzilla-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.