(Topic ID: 76364)

What is a Gottlieb World Challenge Soccer worth?

By helicopter

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kurtackerman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Kind of a rare pin, only 1470 made and most were exported. Looking at buying one locally in nice condition with LED kit, not perfect but very light wear on PF in a couple spots, cabinet excellent, overall very clean, for $1200. Plays nice and my kids will like it. Can't seem to find any DMDs in that price range in Ohio. Is this a good or bad deal?

#2 7 years ago

$1200 sounds OK, I recently researched (USA sales) this title before buying one. About $1100-1200 was the average.

#3 7 years ago

Gottlieb makes some of my favorite games and even I found this one hard to love. I'd say $1200 is steep for it, I think I paid about half that.

#4 7 years ago

It feels a little high to me too but I can't seem to find any dmd pins in this price range. Any other suggestions what and where to find?

#5 7 years ago

I think that if you really want a WChS (?) that is reasonable, as they don't seem to come up much, but you probably would be much happier saving $2K for a WCS if you really want a DMD soccer pin.

#6 7 years ago

Just watched the TNT video of it, and it looks like it has some very cool features...

If its in nice cond, and its close to you, then i think your alright at that...

Looks like its a fun pin, and not alot of them around either...

I like having titles that most everybody doesn't, as long as they are challenging and fun, this looks like it is probably one of those titles

#7 7 years ago

The $1200 is delivered to my door which is nice but makes me wonder how desperate he is to get rid of it.

Although, he wouldn't take anything less, tried that already. I'd love a WCS but I can't even find them at $2k delivered. For the money, I haven't been able to find a better dmd, soccer isn't mandatory but family friendly for small children is.

I may play this for a couple months and take it to the Ohio show to trade. Haven't been to this show before, any guesses what it would be worth there or trade value? It actually plays pretty well, good flow with a fairly in depth progression and a shooters game with single pop up targets. So, pretty sure once a soccer fan plays it, there is a good chance they will like for the money but it's no WCS.

#8 7 years ago

1 sat on Craigslist louisville for 850 for 6 months.. Guy sold it in a bundle of games..

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside