(Topic ID: 185662)

What is a good price for a really good condition Terminator 2 pinball?

By rtotans

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2222 (resized).PNG
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

What's a good price for a good condition Terminator 2 pinball game?

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from rtotans:

What's a good price for a good condition Terminator 2 pinball game?

I'd say ~2200 MAX for a mint example. I think I paid 1500 for mine and its very nice.

#3 7 years ago

I will take a mint T2 for $2200 please and thank you!

$2500 would be a good price I would say.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'd say ~2200 MAX for a mint example. I think I paid 1500 for mine and its very nice.

Not so sure they go that cheap these days...

#5 7 years ago

There's people asking ~$3k all day, probably not getting quite that much but

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I got mine for ~1500 less than 6 months ago. not quite collectors quality but very very nice. MAYBE they'll top out at 3K for HUO

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There's people asking ~$3k all day, probably not getting quite that much but

I'd ask $3200 for mine...

And get $1600...

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I will take a mint T2 for $2200 please and thank you!
$2500 would be a good price I would say.

Here's an excellent condition asking $2500. Go git it!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

they don't...anymore...

#10 7 years ago

There are two on Pinside ASKING 2500/OBO for very nice looking examples...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/46362

#11 7 years ago

Players Condition ~ $1500-2000
Good Condition ~ $2000 - 2500
Excellent Condition ~ $2500-3000

#12 7 years ago

Here's an excellent condition asking $2500. Go git it!

I will take a mint one for $2200 like you said. Is yours mint? Will you take $2200??

#13 7 years ago

I won't let mine go for any less than $3K US. It is in very good condition. Not mint but no issues at all.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

This was 3 years ago.

I know. A little history.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I will take a mint one for $2200 like you said. Is yours mint? Will you take $2200??

The one listed is $2500/OBO, go haggle a little!!

Mines not mint but very very nice. Paid $1500 a few months back...I'd for sure take $2200 if I were selling. Absolutely.

#18 7 years ago

The one listed is $2500/OBO, go haggle a little!!
Mines not mint but very very nice. Paid $1500 a few months back...I'd for sure take $2200 if I were selling. Absolutely.

No really looking to buy as you were not looking to sell. I will not pay $2500 but that is a good price for one. Yours is not mint so no need for any more discussion. If a mint one came up near me for that price it would be mine. I own 2 of them right now and have owned 6 in the past.

#19 7 years ago

^ this guy knows his t2 prices owning 8! I've owned 2. Sold one for $2400 and the other for $2600. Both in great shape, but not perfect by any means.

#21 7 years ago

Prices have been moving up on games quickly, sub $2k for t2 is very hard to find. Sales from a year ago are no longer as relevant. A T2 with little to no pf wear and fully working can go for $2400-2600, I don't think that's unreasonable for a nice game. Throw in some desirable mods and they can fetch 2800. It's a great game, one that I like better than bsd, which goes for several hundred more.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Prices have been moving up on games quickly, sub $2k for t2 is very hard to find. Sales from a year ago are no longer as relevant. A T2 with little to no pf wear and fully working can go for $2400-2600, I don't think that's unreasonable for a nice game. Throw in some desirable mods and they can fetch 2800. It's a great game, one that I like better than bsd, which goes for several hundred more.

When I put a WTB post out for one <1 year ago I got 4 PM's....3 were under 2K, all of them working ranging from players quality to collector. I ended up with a very nice one for ~1500.

Must be the northeast I guess. Not sure. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Edit: One of the offers was $2100.

#24 7 years ago

lets see what the cat drags in...I'll gladly take a sub $2k T2.

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “looking for a decent T2. players condition ok, limited to no playfield wear preferred. cabinet defects OK. let me know what you have. generally should be fully working, small th...”
2017-04-05
Upper Freehold, NJ
Wanted
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 17 times

#25 7 years ago

I bought mine for $1500 5-6 years ago, and wouldnt take anything less than $2500-3k. Prices on T2 have gone WAAAY up. Nostalgia from the 90's kids, the fact that the movie is great and still holds up, and the heart pumping game play all help this title rise in price and value.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

Poor mans ac/dc

AC/DC is just an elitist revision of an already perfect pin.

And yeah, I paid $1400 a couple years ago for a pretty decent T2. It cleaned up nicely. However, most in my neck of the woods haven't sold below $2200, so I'd say that's a pretty decent sweet spot for price. I know if I were to sell mine it'd be more like $2600.

#27 7 years ago

Prices on T2 have not gone waaaay up at all. The amounts of total idiots owning T2's and trying to sell them on pinside for 3k+ have skyrocketed though.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Prices on T2 have not gone waaaay up at all. The amounts of total idiots owning T2's and trying to sell them on pinside for 3k+ have skyrocketed though.

Please let me know when a $1500 T2 comes up for sale. I would love to get your pricing. It seems the Ann Arbor area has the cheapest pins around.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Please let me know when a $1500 T2 comes up for sale.

Did I say $1500 somewhere in here?

#30 7 years ago

If I were to put mine up for sale it would take $3K.

John

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

If I were to put mine up for sale it would take $3K.
John

Is that still my old one?

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wouldnt put my game on pinside for 3k as I know it wouldnt sell. Craigslist though......lololololol

Dont hate mate. People can buy and sell at the prices they want. Im sure you wouldnt sell that DH for anything less than 3-4k.

#33 7 years ago

I wonder what mine will be worth after I install a new reproduction playfield.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Is that still my old one?

Yes but with some more "enhancements" but minus the under cabinet lighting. Never did figure out how to hook that back up.

John

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

This is accurate

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Dont hate mate. People can buy and sell at the prices they want. Im sure you wouldnt sell that DH for anything less than 3-4k.

Not hating at all...people with outlandishly priced T2's can TRY to sell then all they want, good luck to them
people just forget there are TONS of T2s out there. Last year this time a good condition one sold near me for 1800.

Funny I bought my DH in 2012 for $1,100. But hey, Ann Arbor Area has some great prices.

#37 7 years ago

T2...

Yeah, but if you had the money wouldn't you rather buy and play a Getaway? It's a far better game for around the same $. Especially in a hobby where eventually everyone runs out of space.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

...but if you had the money wouldn't you rather buy and play a Getaway? It's a far better game for around the same $.

Or spend "half" as much and get a HS which is much better than both of these titles.

#39 7 years ago

Just saying, given the chance to buy a nice, 2500 T2 and or a nice, 2500 HSII, I would not be buying the T2.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Or spend "half" as much and get a HS which is much better than both of these titles.

Are you feeling alright tonight Rob? I can't really comment I have not played HS! I prefer T2 to Getaway but to each his own.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Are you feeling alright tonight Rob? I can't really comment I have not played HS! I prefer T2 to Getaway but to each his own.

HS one of the best games ever made; any era. My main gripe HS2 is the took away the side ramp shot which was the best part of the game...but it's a well liked game so I don't bash it.

But to get on track here, for me T2 shows whether people know anything aboot pinball pricing, or they're just idiots. Let us all take a look at the Market right now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds?s=1&radius_latitude=42.2651&radius_longitude=-83.7213&keywords=&ad_machine_key=485&ad_what%5B%5D=machine&ad_wantedforsale%5B%5D=forsale&pinsider=&ad_condition=0&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&year_from=&year_to=&radius_distancekm=845&source%5B%5D=pinside#results

4 T2s for sale. 2 are $2500 which seems to be around the wiggle area in this thread, the others are 34 & 3900 (that's not Canadian....it's 'Merican).
If any of you guys can look at these goddamn 3400+ T2s and with a straight face agree with it, than you either own a T2, are hooked on the crack, or I can't even think of a 3rd thing.

Oh wait sorry the 3400+ ones have LEDs in them...there you have it!

#42 7 years ago

I was going to ask $2600 for this one but man maybe I should ask $3900. That is crazy.

I buy and sell many pins a year. T2 is one I am always looking for. I know the prices, what I can buy them for and what they sell for. It is very hard to find one under 2k in good shape. The one for $1800 last year must have went fast, I don't know how I didn't see it. I will buy a mint one for $2200, anything higher and I just can't make money after I do what I do.

I'll have to check out HS next month at the VFW.

IMG_2222 (resized).PNGIMG_2222 (resized).PNG

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

Poor mans ac/dc

Not at all. I would seriously buy a T2 before buying another AC/DC (which is long gone).

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I was going to ask $2600 for this one but man maybe I should ask $3900. That is crazy.
I buy and sell many pins a year. T2 is one I am always looking for. I know the prices, what I can buy them for and what they sell for. It is very hard to find one under 2k in good shape. The one for $1800 last year must have went fast, I don't know how I didn't see it. I will buy a mint one for $2200, anything higher and I just can't make money after I do what I do.
I'll have to check out HS next month at the VFW.

Can you "do what you do" to mine?

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from drunkbaby:

Can you "do what you do" to mine?

Yes, it would be November. Drop it off to me or ship it.

#46 7 years ago

For anyone looking...Excellent condition T2 thats been sitting for 4+ months...May be able to wheel and deal a bit.

Terminator 2, 1991 Williams: 2500
Cabinet and playfield are in excellent condition. Needs cleaning. No errors.
Bill, Phone: 971-219-4995
Hillsboro, Oregon 97133
Posted: 1 December 2016

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/search_for_sale.cgi [cant seem to get link to work]

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

WEll hey take a look a brand new one is up for only 3500!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-terminator-2-judgment-day-14

2 weeks later
#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

lets see what the cat drags in...I'll gladly take a sub $2k T2.

Looks like this got archived after only 3 days? You get any bites? The $2500 one in excellent condition on Mr. Pinball classifieds is still available for anyone looking...

-----------------------------------------------

Archived after 3 days 17 views Unknown reason:
Machine - Wanted
Wanted: Terminator 2: Judgment DayArchivedWanted! “looking for a decent T2. players condition ok, limited to no playfield wear preferred. cabinet defects OK. let me know what you have. generally should be fully working, small th...”
2017-04-05 Upper Freehold, NJ
Wanted
Lermods

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

On the money. Always gonna be a fairly popular game due to the theme and art/sound/play package. They get traded around a lot but people will always want it. Nice ones get a bit of a premium as many are beat, one of the few diamondplate games where you'll see significant wear down to the wood.

#50 6 years ago

$2500

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-a-good-price-for-a-really-good-condition-terminator-2-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.