Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bublehead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago

A lot of what was said above. But I would narrow it down to an early Bally solid state. Reason being is a company called Alltek makes replacement circuit boards for the Bally solid states. The boards are an easy way to get around circuit board problems if you are not electronically inclined. And these pins are easy to work on when something breaks.

#58 5 years ago

Unless you are extremely lucky, or only if you are highly knowledgable, if you buy a pin and don't like it, you will most likely lose money when you go to sell.

So, study hard on what might appeal to you before you lay down your money. Take your time. Research.

Go to Papa and watch pinball videos. I did that for at least 12 months before I bought my first pin. Early on, there were pins I thought I would like but as I continued watching something else caught my eye. Eventually, I found the direction I wanted to go and I found a bunch of keepers.

You can find all kinds of good pins here. EMs. Early SS. DMDs.

https://papa.org/learning-center/players-guide/#1526496143817-2618203f-73ce

Go to youtube and watch pins vids. Sometimes you can find a good video to watch. Sometimes you cannot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-a-good-first-pin?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.