5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Bublehead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 months ago

Had a Roller Games in the family, brother owned it. Play is fun, and it has a nice Richie flow... but the song... oh my god that song... seriously, that song has been known to drive people to violence... he had the gun held to his head and was shaking like a martini and I just said “Roller Games?”, he just nodded and pulled the trigger... what a waste... damn shame.

#52 5 months ago

early bally solid state is a good starting place.

tons of games (parts). tons of knowledge. play well. cheap(relative). easy to fix.

#53 5 months ago

Stargate is an absolutely wonderful first pin if you need something relatively inexpensive. We enjoyed our NBA Fastbreak also while we had it. So many great games the list is huge. We even had a lot of fun with our Space Invaders.

#54 5 months ago

Off the wall sleeper pin imo. Checkpoint.
    Drop targets, timed shots and shaker.
    Has a good layout and flow.

Simple rule set only drawback.

#55 5 months ago

Um, has the OP chimed in / checked back?

#56 5 months ago

My Wife totally hit me off-guard when I retired,For Christmas that year she got me Stern "Galaxy"a 1970's SS! I was blown away,and they were fruitful and multiplied!! A early pin would be my choice for you! But don't overlook pins like "Riverboat Gambler" or that era,many fine pins already outlined here!! Good luck,have fun,B safe!!!!

#57 5 months ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

My Wife totally hit me off-guard when I retired,For Christmas that year she got me Stern "Galaxy"a 1970's SS! I was blown away,and they were fruitful and multiplied!

Outstanding!
    For every nagging,
    you want a what?,
    I don't think so, wife story
    this makes up for it.
    Again, outstanding!

#58 5 months ago

Unless you are extremely lucky, or only if you are highly knowledgable, if you buy a pin and don't like it, you will most likely lose money when you go to sell.

So, study hard on what might appeal to you before you lay down your money. Take your time. Research.

Go to Papa and watch pinball videos. I did that for at least 12 months before I bought my first pin. Early on, there were pins I thought I would like but as I continued watching something else caught my eye. Eventually, I found the direction I wanted to go and I found a bunch of keepers.

You can find all kinds of good pins here. EMs. Early SS. DMDs.

https://papa.org/learning-center/players-guide/#1526496143817-2618203f-73ce

Go to youtube and watch pins vids. Sometimes you can find a good video to watch. Sometimes you cannot.

#59 5 months ago

It's been almost 10 years since we bought our last pin... kind of space limited at 4 cabinets, but 4 machines total was were HER limit.
    Operative word here, WAS. Seeing MBrLE at Expo changed that. My last machine was Family Guy at $3500 with only 250 plays on it, decent bargain for an almost NIB and the most I ever thought she would greenlight for a pin.

Moral of the story, if you can get the wife interested and involved in buying your first pin, find the title that melts the purse strings... get the most bang out of that buck.

Imagine my surprise on the second day of Expo, when the wife says "let's drop $8000 on a MBrLE". You never know what machine will do it for your significant other, but if you find the motherlode... run with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 157.00
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.00
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 64.00
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 35.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside