(Topic ID: 194133)

What is a Big Bang Bar worth these days?

By jake35

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Manny10
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBBBackglassCloseup (resized).jpg
IMG_7097 (resized).JPG
IMG_7096 (resized).JPG
IMG_7094 (resized).JPG
IMG_7095 (resized).JPG
IMG_7093 (resized).JPG
IMG_7092 (resized).JPG
IMG_7091 (resized).JPG
IMG_7090 (resized).JPG
IMG_7099 (resized).JPG
IMG_7098 (resized).JPG
IMG_7097 (resized).JPG
IMG_7096 (resized).JPG
IMG_7094 (resized).JPG
IMG_7095 (resized).JPG
IMG_7093 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

Looking for one, curious what they bring now. The remake of course not the prototypes.

#2 6 years ago

Greg Kemnitz has one for $25K, less than 100 plays.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Pinside Estimated Value (TM) is $16560 - $19240, and that is some serious chedda!

#4 6 years ago

$15K

#5 6 years ago

This is gonna have a wide spectrum of opinions. Either way get ready to open your wallet based on condition.
-Mike

#6 6 years ago

20K plus depending on condition.

#7 6 years ago

I was prepared to pay15k+, onesold locally for 15k in the past 6 mths and sat for awhile. 25 seems a little steep?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I was prepared to pay15k+, onesold locally for 15k in the past 6 mths and sat for awhile. 25 seems a little steep?

Make it known that you are a serious buyer at $15K.

You can put want ads up on the Marketplace.

In my experience, want ads have secured many titles that I had on my wish list.

Good luck!

Marcus

#9 6 years ago

much more than they will be in the next 2 years... CGC has basically said that they will remake the game. Then watch the original "remake" drop like a rock

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

CGC has basically said that they will remake the game.

When ?

I've never heard anything beyond rumors here.

#11 6 years ago

The high side $19K. Many sell for $16K-$18K but all depends on location, availability, etc.

Agree with another pinsider, post a WTB and one will likely fall into $16k-$18K range. Good luck

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

When ?
I've never heard anything beyond rumors here.

They said 7 games. Rumor 5 Bally and 2 capcom which means Kingpin.

I'm trying to figure out the 5 Bally

MM
AFM
Addams
CC
MB
I'm guessing on CC and hearing MB may be next.

They own BBB and KP, but they are probably years out as they are only 2 games into the 7 and maybe the 7 was all Bally and then Capcom if they can even get tooling up to make them.

So I'd think BBB is safe for the next five years.

Back to the qiestion

$15-20k.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

They said 7 games. Rumor 5 Bally and 2 capcom which means Kingpin.
I'm trying to figure out the 5 Bally
MM
AFM
Addams
CC
MB
I'm guessing on CC and hearing MB may be next.
They own BBB and KP, but they are probably years out as they are only 2 games into the 7 and maybe the 7 was all Bally and then Capcom if they can even get tooling up to make them.
So I'd think BBB is safe for the next five years.
Back to the qiestion
$15-20k.

They're not going to rerun Addams. And many believe PPS doesn't actually have the Capcom rights. Where did you get this?

Quoted from hank527:

They own BBB and KP,

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

They're not going to rerun Addams. And many believe PPS doesn't actually have the Capcom rights. Where did you get this?

IMG_8926 (resized).PNGIMG_8926 (resized).PNG

#15 6 years ago

Is this supposed to prove they have Capcom rights?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Is this supposed to prove they have Capcom rights?

It is supposed to prove that Rick said BBB was on the list of possible remakes. Rick has hinted on the forums that he has the rights but I have never seen that confirmed.

This was from from the BBB Neon sign thread, apparently he told the guy making them to stop.

Quoted from Pinballlew:

OK quite a few PM’s and even some emails from people asking if I will order these behind Rick’s back. The answer to that question is that I will not.
This adventure has been about supplying a product for your gameroom for the fun of it. I love Neon and wanted to share something that I had made for my own personal use to spread that love of neon to others.
Rick called me and was nice on the phone and informed me that I was infringing upon his IP rights. He was respectful and if anything I reacted poorly in a knee jerk reaction kind of way. I'm unsure even if the signs violate any copywrite or falls into fair use. One thing Rick said that made sense to me is that I don’t which is true, so I won't be organizing anything unless it is legal. When I offered these I figured the rights were in limbo and nobody owned them but I didn’t really look into it or even really think about it. I was supplied with a link that Illinois Pinball has the copyright. Rick claimed to me over the phone that everyone knows that he bought the rights.
There is rumour that Illinois pinball only bought the rights to manufacture Capcom games for a limited amount of time. So maybe the rights rest with Capcom still, who knows.
I pulled the BeeR neon as well because possibly that might not be legal and infringe on the Simpsons rights? I really don’t know to be honest but I am not willing to take a chance for something that really is not worth it. I am not on here to get in a cross with anyone or involve my family in a legal battle. I have an original sign that I designed for myself coming and think would look great in a gameroom being sent to me now. I will make it available if there is demand.
Maybe someone in the Trademark/Copyright field can chime in here. Would the BeeR sign be infringing on anyones rights? I was going to offer up a Star Wars related sign but unsure if that is legal or not so unless I learn that it is ok I won't be pursuing it besides the one I had made for my personal use. I am no way going to fight with Disney, heck I like their parks and want to visit them LOL. I also am a fan of the Remakes of MMr, AFMr and future titles. Hopefully there is some insight into BBBr being made in the future. I hope there is.
So to everyone enjoy your LE BBB neon sign -Lew

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It is supposed to prove that Rick said BBB was on the list of possible remakes.

Which means basically nothing.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Which means basically nothing.

IMG_8934 (resized).PNGIMG_8934 (resized).PNG

#19 6 years ago

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

The high side $19K. Many sell for $16K-$18K but all depends on location, availability, etc.
Agree with another pinsider, post a WTB and one will likely fall into $16k-$18K range. Good luck

Agree.

As a current owner, I'm really enjoying it. Best of luck in your hunt!

#21 6 years ago

thanks, posted an ad. Starting my quest. If they remake it again I'll be screwed but who knows when/if that will be, they have been saying they will remake several titles for quite some time now. It will kill the value for sure though, just look at AFM they lost 40% since the remake was released, and that game never reached the level that BBB is at.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

thanks, posted an ad. Starting my quest. If they remake it again I'll be screwed but who knows when/if that will be, they have been saying they will remake several titles for quite some time now. It will kill the value for sure though, just look at AFM they lost 40% since the remake was released, and that game never reached the level that BBB is at.

Afm is a bad example as they were never really that much and definitely havent went down 40 percent lol .... now mm lost alot of value.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

They own BBB and KP...

Dear John (resized).jpgDear John (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Afm is a bad example as they were never really that much and definitely havent went down 40 percent lol .... now mm lost alot of value.

Seemed that afm was 7-8k and now down to 5k. A HEP has been for sale at 9500 forever. They have suffered some, maybe not 40% but definitely lost some. I'd prefer original myself over remakes any day.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Seemed that afm was 7-8k and now down to 5k. A HEP has been for sale at 9500 forever. They have suffered some, maybe not 40% but definitely lost some. I'd prefer original myself over remakes any day.

O my than people payed to much lol.... the 5-6k ones listed are not very nice tho. I know a good many nice modded ones including my own that were bought for under 6500 within the past year or 2....well before the remake. Heck i still get offers for around 7k for mine. All about condition and upgrades help also.

#26 6 years ago

15k. The one that had the entire BBB collection of stuff (artwork all framed, bat, autographed memorabilia, full NOS replacement plastic set, etc) sold for 20k earlier this year and that was the nicest one I've seen. So 20k is absolute ceiling I would guess and it requires all the frills, unless you seek a NIB one (which there are a couple left but I couldn't guess what it would take to pry one away).

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

unless you seek a NIB one (which there are a couple left but I couldn't guess what it would take to pry one away).

I do. (bought one NIB a few years ago, ended up selling it. Awesome experience)

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I do. (bought one NIB a few years ago, ended up selling it. Awesome experience)

Yes, I remember you opening that up. Awesome thread. One of my fave unboxing threads ever. I believe your former one is now in Shreveport Louisiana?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, I remember you opening that up. Awesome thread. One of my fave unboxing threads ever. I believe your former one is now in Shreveport Louisiana?

Thanks. I believe it is. Awesome game, fantastic history, should be enjoyed by many.

#30 6 years ago

Last two I know of that sold were from rob in Nj. 14-16k each about a year ago... before that I personally sold one for $22k two years ago

#32 6 years ago

Agreed with the $15-18k estimates. One of the very few games for which I followed prices in the US, and one of the very fews which are probably (slightly) cheaper in the US than in Europe.

#34 6 years ago

Everybody needs a turn with BBB!

#35 6 years ago

I know games tend to vary a bit region to region, Ive attempted to buy a couple over the last few years in Cali and both nice examples ive seen were 17k. I was prepared to spend 15 on both occasions. I truly believe I couldve gotten them for around 16.5, so id say 16-17k seems to be realistic Cali price. If youre on the East Coast or Midwest a 15k BBB might be doable, West Coast that might be a little tough.

#36 6 years ago

My buddy recently picked one up for 15K and it had some extras.

#37 6 years ago

15k only if it's beat up a little like the one I bought. I bought the one from JDGentry the OP speaks of that was sold twice in TN. The decals were pretty trashed in spots thanks to the Pincabs. That's a big deciding factor in a lot of the price with BBB, is the decal damage.

They vary from game to game, but I am 95% sure Gene provided clear Pincabs with these NIB. Can anyone confirm?

This enhanced leg damage on many BBBs. Very few are willing to do anything about it. The least an owner can do is switch to Stern spacers to stop further damage.

I was able to recover the damage pretty well, minus the one tear on the left side. I can almost guarantee my BBB leg area looks way better than most out there though. It is now worth at least 16k

Here's how it looks now.

20170513_233356 (resized).jpg20170513_233356 (resized).jpg

20170513_233413 (resized).jpg20170513_233413 (resized).jpg

20170513_233503 (resized).jpg20170513_233503 (resized).jpg

20170513_233519 (resized).jpg20170513_233519 (resized).jpg

#38 6 years ago

Ah! Doesn't look too bad with the stern protectors. Have you done anything else to it Turbo? I guess the PF was probably ok with the low plays.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

15k only if it's beat up a little like the one I bought. I bought the one from JDGentry the OP speaks of that was sold twice in TN. The decals were pretty trashed in spots thanks to the Pincabs. That's a big deciding factor in a lot of the price with BBB, is the decal damage.
They vary from game to game, but I am 95% sure Gene provided clear Pincabs with these NIB. Can anyone confirm?
This enhanced leg damage on many BBBs. Very few are willing to do anything about it. The least an owner can do is switch to Stern spacers to stop further damage.
I was able to recover the damage pretty well, minus the one tear on the left side. I can almost guarantee my BBB leg area looks way better than most out there though. It is now worth at least 16k
Here's how it looks now.

#39 6 years ago

I love, love, love my bbb. I can't stop tweaking on things and trying to give this game some of the love it deserves. I like enhancing on what is already there.IMG_7097 (resized).JPGIMG_7097 (resized).JPGIMG_7099 (resized).JPGIMG_7099 (resized).JPG I keep all of the original parts and collect backup parts for it like a freak...it really does have a special look and feel to it that makes it draw attention even when non pinheads come over.

IMG_7090 (resized).JPGIMG_7090 (resized).JPG
IMG_7091 (resized).JPGIMG_7091 (resized).JPG
IMG_7092 (resized).JPGIMG_7092 (resized).JPG
IMG_7093 (resized).JPGIMG_7093 (resized).JPG
IMG_7095 (resized).JPGIMG_7095 (resized).JPG
IMG_7096 (resized).JPGIMG_7096 (resized).JPG
IMG_7094 (resized).JPGIMG_7094 (resized).JPG

IMG_7098 (resized).JPGIMG_7098 (resized).JPG

#40 6 years ago

I love, love, love my bbb. I can't stop adding and tweaking to it unlike any other game I've ever owned. I just feel like it deserves all the extras I can give it

IMG_7090 (resized).JPGIMG_7090 (resized).JPG

IMG_7091 (resized).JPGIMG_7091 (resized).JPG

IMG_7092 (resized).JPGIMG_7092 (resized).JPG

IMG_7093 (resized).JPGIMG_7093 (resized).JPG

IMG_7095 (resized).JPGIMG_7095 (resized).JPG

IMG_7094 (resized).JPGIMG_7094 (resized).JPG

IMG_7096 (resized).JPGIMG_7096 (resized).JPG

IMG_7097 (resized).JPGIMG_7097 (resized).JPG

#41 6 years ago

I remember when I picked up a operated one for $10k years ago. People thought that was crazy money, or not available at that price. Goes to show most pinball prices have gone way up in value!

#42 6 years ago

Stop making me miss mine.

Still best looking pin out there. Enjoy!!

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Ah! Doesn't look too bad with the stern protectors. Have you done anything else to it Turbo? I guess the PF was probably ok with the low plays.

The PF is really nice. I have some parts to get it to where I want rubber/LED/Protector wise. I also am waiting on powder coating to come back to me. Hope to have it done soon.

#44 6 years ago

So what's one of the prototypes worth?

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

So what's one of the prototypes worth?

Last one I heard of sold for $32,000. That was two years ago. Very small market for those.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Last one I heard of sold for $32,000. That was two years ago. Very small market for those.

Yea that's what I saw in my research when I was looking too...30ish for protos and 16-25 for the others. Wide range for lower condition up to NIB.

#47 6 years ago

Also seems like price is also related to what all extra items and such go along with it. Alot of these games carry their own little pieces of the story of BBB

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I love, love, love my bbb. I can't stop adding and tweaking to it unlike any other game I've ever owned. I just feel like it deserves all the extras I can give it

Ho did you make the Translite light mod?

BBBBackglassCloseup (resized).jpgBBBBackglassCloseup (resized).jpg

1 month later
#49 6 years ago

I have always wanted one -so remake it is for me (hoping same price range as others).
Hoping they pop one out after CC. Rick bought all of IL. Pinballs stuff so everything needed is there other than boards.
With the MMR and AFMr completed I believe BBB will be a cake walk.

That being said if you have to have one now 15-20k would be my price guess.

#50 6 years ago

I strongly believe that BBB will be the next remake. I would bet on the games with the the highest increase in value compared to their original retail price, and factor in current demand and popularity. In my opinion ; BBB will be their best seller to date if they go with it for next years game. A $5500 -$6500 price point for this game makes it a no brainer for them. That being said there is no verification that they hold the rights to BBB. I myself would put a deposit on 2 of them if they were to announce it tomorrow.

I did call AC/DC as this years vault game by Stern, and Im very confident that Tron, LOTR, and POTC will be Stern's next three vault edition games. Most likely in that order. If JJP makes their version of POTC the 4th title in their lineup, it could be a strategic move for Stern to release their vault version at the same time ;hoping that a large price variance between the two would play a large part in customers going with the Stern game over JJP's version.

I hope that someone decides to remake a few of the more popular Data East games some day down the road ... Hopefully at a price point of $5000 or even lower. It would be nice to see some new Star Wars, guns and Roses, Tommy,Jurassic Park, Back to The Future, Tales From the Crypt, Last Action Hero, Simpsons, Rocky and Bullwinkle , Batman Returns, etc.

I wish you luck in your sale, and even if BBB is announced tomorrow; there will always be those people that prefer original games instead of the newer and much higher versions....

My two cents ...
Manny

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-a-big-bang-bat-worth-these-days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.